Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria (26237 Views)

"I Think You're Losing Your Brain": Galadima To Seun Okinbaloye (Video) / Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is / Seun Okinbaloye 'Poor Interview' With Malami Sparks Social Media Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Balofariojames: 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

No state should have more than 6 Commissioners and 5 aides to the Governor’s office

It’s either Local council works or we forget about grass-root governance

Very stern and severe punishment for stealing public funds
The only solution to the problems we are facing. The criminals are left u ntouched .not that alone, who so ever plead for criminals and corrupt person should be treated as the sender.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by EgunMogaji2: 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2020
Also, no more blowing nonsensical siren up and down.

Only emergency vehicles on actual emergency needs light and siren. Bank vehicles don’t need it.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Franktom247(m): 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2020
Dear apc the writing is all over the country do something now or leave we are not giving anytime for more talks or drama
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by hekkyboi: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Invite Femi Adesina to Sunday Politics tomorrow and pls...throw the lines open
you wan kill am be that na
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Awoo88: 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2020
Dem go soon sack this one
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Ajixegun: 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2020
The reason it is so difficult to restructure this country is that, a particular section of this nation thinks or knows that the can compete with rest of the country.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2020
Hell no
shegzhkn:

My Guy grin let me ask you something.

Should a law enforcement officer even think of slapping any citizen ??
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Seunpaul01(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:
The loftier the plan, the lower the likelihood of success. The reform I'd like to see is an end to the abuse of power by armed forces personnel. This includes brutality, extortion and torture. No officer should ever slap a person unless the law says that the officer must slap them. The path to achieving this is the punishment of those who abuse their power. There must be penalties for slapping, beating, or killing people unnecessarily.

The reform I want is a forgotten Nigeria. A new Yoruba nation. Start the foundation of a new country.

Looking at the major forces agitating for a better country. The pusher behind these protests. They are Yorubas. We have been fighting for the unity and betterment of this country for so long. And at the end of it all, we won't be appreciated. They will call us betrayals. It's time we fight for ourselves. We are the most blessed tribe with the brain and civility to establish a very revered nation. And, that alone, should be our fight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Emoney07: 7:24pm On Oct 17, 2020
OH
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by okuta007: 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2020
shegzhkn:

slapping is assault- but most Nigerians do not even know that a police man should not slap, blow, kick or shoot them under any circumstance
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Also, no more blowing nonsensical siren up and down.

Only emergency vehicles on actual emergency needs light and siren. Bank vehicles don’t need it.

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by doggedfighter(f): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2020
helinues:
What I am yet to understand is why do people who have power to bring an end to notorious never did bit now coming out after the protesting ganed international attention.

Shame on you people

Triple shame on you
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by MoIbrahim: 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:
The loftier the plan, the lower the likelihood of success. The reform I'd like to see is an end to the abuse of power by armed forces personnel. This includes brutality, extortion and torture. No officer should ever slap a person unless the law says that the officer must slap them. The path to achieving this is the punishment of those who abuse their power. There must be penalties for slapping, beating, or killing people unnecessarily.

You can never get this with the present cost of governance
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by davit: 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2020
That's is possible if he works for TVC. This is Channels TV
inoki247:
okay now we no wan hear News of u been sacked for tweeting this cos this is Nigeria anything is possible
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by geokay777(m): 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2020
shegzhkn:

From slapping, to driving against traffic rules, to abusing drugs, to cover for criminals to perpetrate evils and aiding crooks, d list is endless, our military men need reorientation.

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by goody234: 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2020
Nigerian youth should use this opportunity very carefully and demand change do not end it untill this sleeping govt wakes up ...we derseve better we will get better by force
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by shegzhkn: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2020
okuta007:

slapping is assault- but most Nigerians do not even know that a police man should not slap, blow, kick or shoot them under any circumstance

A lot of folks thought it normal, the environment is a contributing factor to that mental wiring.

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by spacechuks(m): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seunpaul01:

The reform I want is a forgotten Nigeria. A new Yoruba nation. Start the foundation of a new country.

Looking at the major forces agitating for a better country. The pusher behind these protests. They are Yorubas. We have been fighting for the unity and betterment of this country for so long. And at the end of it all, we won't be appreciated. They will call us betrayals. It's time we fight for ourselves. We are the most blessed tribe with the brain and civility to establish a very revered nation. And, that alone, should be our fight.

Let me educate you with the bitter truth

The yoruba nation is indeed bless with human resources and the likes, however you guys constitute the albatross that has be deviled the nation in recent times.

You speak of a forgotten Nigeria because you have seen the odds against you guys in 2023 presidential elections while in the fraudulent election that brought Buhari in, you guys sabotage our common south brother to lending your support to a heathen fulani uneducated man in the far north

Please dont cry over spit milk as we south south will not join in your crusade of a forgotten Nigeria, what we stand for is a thorough overhauling and restructuring of the nation and creating a competitive environment for each state to ramp up their respective economy.

The north should be ready for the competition because it's not going to be a piece of cake, the days of free oil money allocations to unproductive states will soon be over, the days of free oil money for salaries of political office holders, military, police etc will soon be over as all states would cater for their own police and security salaries.

Then every state will go back to the drawing board and think within the space of how to make a living as desperate times calls for desperate measures.

As it is obtainable in saner climes, so it will soon be here.

A country were you will not need any God father to get a job, fraudulent federal character will be abolished, merit system will be in place, dignity of labour will be uphold in every ramifications.

BTW , we dont even need the Yoruba nation , the Yoruba are the ones even occupying all the juicy positions in oil and gas, customs, FIRS , etc

We dont fucking need the west and north to be a great south south nation, we have the Atlantic sea at our backyard to conduct our trade with the world, we have oil deposits that soon will be of no value, then we are bless with palm oil and rubber cum other agricultural products that can ramp up our economy,

So we can all see that the beggars of unity are mostly the north that lack connections to the Atlantic ocean( land lock north)

Hence it is not too much to ask for a restructured country for the north and the west has bitten enough.

#End SARS# and create a new restructured country.

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by OmoBaale1(m): 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2020
Built2last:
#RestructureNigeria

There is too much power at the centre. Columbite in Ondo state cant be touched because the man in Abuja has not approved.
ANYBODY ABOVE 50 YEARS, MAKE DEN SWEEP AM COMOT 4 POLITICAL SITE. GOD GO PUNISH ALL OLD FOOL DAT THINK SAY WE YOUTH NO GET FUTURE.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by EMMY76: 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2020
Are u and ur channels tv now tired of defending buhari's regime? undecided
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2020
SilverNorrGold. Seems Sheun Okinbaloye is also an opportunist
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by J2bagroventures: 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2020
the way this protest is going,I welcome you to a new Nigeria, youths, congrats in advance....#ENDSARS
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by HAccord: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2020
Everyday Nigerians come on TV to speak long English about corruption and hiw to fix this country, yet things get worse. Politicians are naturally deaf and dumb, they deserve 'iron hand' from the youths.

They should be ready to kill millions, this country must be better BY FORCE, or everyone goes their way to fix their own region as a new country.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
See plethora of request... Everyone is pointing at government for the current state of Nigeria but forgetting that it takes two to tangle.... Leaders are reflections of followers.

I support an end to police brutality of all forms. I align with what Seun said... one step at a time. Some one above me said that we can change the constitution in 2 weeks n I just laugh .. Small pikin wey dey dance surugede doesn't know that surugede is the dance of the spirits.

Well said Seun... you don't drop comments anyhow but when you do it's one is one.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Michaelclarence: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun in addendum to your highlights, Unbiased restructuring and reforms is what we need in Nigeria. So as metaphorical as this #ENDSARS protest is, we should be more proactive in our demands and not turn the protests to carnival like.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2020
BRT NOW FOR LAG NA NONSENSE .

SINCE AMBODE COMOT NA BULLSHIT THEM DEY DO. SANWO NO EVEN KNOW WETIN DEY SOP. PITY LAGOSIANS SUFFERINGS. undecided
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by elisho: 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2020
where i work my salary is 100,000 am just a school sat secondary but i see university graduate's collecting 30,000 i whip for them is so painful
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Omoosukejo: 12:10am On Oct 18, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Corruption which is the bane and most visible problem with this country didn't start in a day, it grew and became enormous overtime, hence eradication of the whole thing can't be done within a day, a year or even a decade. We can't expect them to address all the major issues we're facing in this country, we table it one after the other. Just like it's very easier to add weight, loosing it however can be very tedious. The major reason why I'm now so happy that the people are realising their power. From this month on, we'd be losing the corruption that run in our government with protests both offline and online, by fire by force they must heed our ccries

In democratic settings power has always belong to the people, but we lost the touch of this as a result of the brutality the military era impacted on us, thankfully we're waking up now.

#ENDSARS
changing the managing structure of Nigeria will solve majority of our problems including corruption at once. It has been the system that has been causing the wahala.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 18, 2020
bbb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primaries: VP Slot Divides Northern Governors / 7 Benefits Of Executive Bills Signed By President Tinubu (Video) / Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.