Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. (2674 Views)

Check Out The Most Expensive Secondary School In The World (Pics/Video) / Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria / List Of The Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Damco007(m): 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2020
In todays Top 10. We take a look at the top 10 most expensive schools in Nigeria. With the covid pandemic now subsiding in the country and the FG determined to get the students back to school. Its no surprise Parents will be looking forward to enrolling their students into new schools while other continue with their schools education.

Just a caution. This schools are not meant for any Tom, Dick and Harry. Forgive my tones. Its meant for the Rich and affluence. Their school Fees in an Academic term goes as high as a million naira per student. Majority of these schools base on their curriculum on British and American students and boost of the best teachers.

10. Corona Secondary School, Agbara -N2.55 million per Annum. Situated at Yenogoa Road, Agbara Estate, Agbara, Ogun. www.coronaschools.org. This school is a residential school like other high brow schools allows students to take locals exams (NECO, WAEC) and International (IGCSE) exams. The focus of the school is the development of world-class schools.

9. Loyola Jesuit College Abuja – N2.8 million.
Address Karu-Karshi Road, Gidan mangoro, Abuja
www.loyolajesuit.org
Opened in 1996 as a co-educational private boarding school, with teaching and supervision from members of the society of Jesus. (Jesuits) and dedicated teachers. The school as a Catholic school is also concerned with the spiritual welfare of the students.

8. Meadow Hall, Lagos – N3 million per annum

Elegushi Beach Road, By the 4th Roundabout, Lagos-Epe Express Rd. Lekki.
www.meadowhallschool.org
Founded by Mrs kehinde Nwani in 2002. Meadow hall School is focused on grooming life-long learners and building a learning organization conversant with the use of 21st Century methodologies and strategies

7. Greensprings School Lagos – N3.185 million
Located at No. 32 Olatunde Ayoola Avenue, Anthony, Lagos
www.greenspringsschool.com
Greensprings School is another hghbrow school which is a member of the International Schools Curriculum Project (ISCP), Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA) and Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE). In addition to being recognized locally with the necessary approval and accreditation to run as an educational establishment in Nigeria by the Lagos State Ministry of Education, Greensprings School is accredited by The Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA). Member of the International Schools Curriculm Project (ISCP), Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA) the school is accredited by the Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA). Their fees also include registration for School, house uniforms, PTA levy, caution fee etc. Parents enrolling their students into this school can be rest assured the school has several accrediations from renowed international bodies.

6. Whiteplains British School, Abuja – N3.6 million
Address: Beside Guardian House, Obafemi Awolowo Way, District, Jabi, Abuja. Website: whiteplainsschool.com Whiteplains British School is an exclusively unique school that intends to provide an international, inclusive collaborative learning community that merges the academic rigour of the British National Curriculum with the inquiry based approach of teaching and learning as expounded by Edexcel and Cambridge accreditation

5. Day Waterman College Abeokuta – N3.7 million
info@dwc.org.ng
It may surprise many people that not only in rich cities like Abuja, Lagos and Rivers can you find such expensive schools. Lagos neuigboring state also has rich schools. Located at along Abeokuta -Sagamu Expressway, Asu Village Road – Ogun state. The school offers world-class facilities.

4. Lekki British International School Lagos – N4 million
Victoria Arobieke Street, off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
lekkibritishschool.org
Established in the year 2000 within the Lekki Peninsula part of Lagos. . Everything is provided by the school for the students. Their classrooms and laboratories are fully air-conditioned. Their school fees also includes 200,000 development fee. They also have Lekki British Pre School, Junior School and High School.

3. American International School, Abuja – N4.3 Million
Situated at Plot 346 Cadastral Zone B 02, Durumi
www.aisabuja.com
The school has over 20 nationalities among the student population. Founded in 1993 after a group of parents and US embassy officials felt the need to have their students continue their education in American schools overseas.

2. Grange High School, Lagos – N4.5 million
Located at No. 6 Harold Shodipo Crescent, GRA Ikeja, Lagos
www.grangeschool.com.
The school is only few of schools accredited by the UK’s Independent Association of Preparatory Schools (IAPS). Founded in 1958 by a group of British expatriates to provide education only equivalent to what obtains in the UK.

1 American International school, Lagos – N5.5 Million
located at 1004 Federal Estate Victoria Island, Lagos
www.aislagos.org
Founded with the goal to supporting schools oversea and providing educational opportunities at the elementary and secondary level for dependents of American citizens abroad.
The school offers an American educational program for students of all nationalities in preschool through 12th grade. The curriculum at AISL is based on US national standards. AISL is fully accredited through the Council of International Schools and the Middle States Association. The school fees are paid only in the US Dollars. They remain the most expensive school in Nigeria till date.

Little wonder the schools do well. Parents desirous of ensuring their students excel in academics have embrace standard and quality education for Nigerians.

https://dambela.com/2020/10/17/top-10-most-expensive-secondary-schools-in-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by cosmos2000(m): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2020
Where is the lord God of Elijah..when we Someone just called and decide to sponsor my education to one of this schools...
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Muna4real(f): 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2020
What! Millions? Anyways, it's for people who have the money.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by osamz007: 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2020
issoryt I can say no further
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by paul100(m): 12:00am On Oct 18, 2020
My own is why is it that these schools do not produce the best waec and jamb students.Even with the millions?

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by speed40(f): 1:06am On Oct 18, 2020
Has the Covid-19 pandemic limited your income and as a result you had to cut down on your budget and plans? Join Jacywins Forex Master Class and signal
Kindly save my WhatsApp number (08104447977)and check for free signal and other update via my WhatsApp status
Thank you.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by jefdr001: 3:45am On Oct 18, 2020
Is the fee per term or per session. Urgent pls
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:23am On Oct 18, 2020
jefdr001:
Is the fee per term or per session. Urgent pls
Per annum I guess
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by nengibo: 6:43am On Oct 18, 2020
I hope their teachers are also the highest paid

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by tuzle(m): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2020
With the money they collect as school fees their teacher are suppose to be the highest paid in the country, the lowest salary should be above 150k. But I won't be surprised if that is not the case

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by superlightning: 9:40am On Oct 18, 2020
paul100:
My own is why is it that these schools do not produce the best waec and jamb students.Even with the millions?

you think optimal education and cognitive development is all about subject grades? Think again

To start with, the turnover of high performances in these schools are high compared to most schools in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by paul100(m): 9:55am On Oct 18, 2020
superlightning:

you think optimal education and cognitive development is all about subject grades? Think again

To start with, the turnover of high performances in these schools are high compared to most schools in Nigeria.
I agree with you to an extent.The truth is those that attended these kinds of school are better in practicals.Which is very very important but still,some of these students in these very big schools are lazy and not hardworking though not all.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by superlightning: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2020
paul100:

I agree with you to an extent.The truth is those that attended these kinds of school are better in practicals.Which is very very important but still,some of these students in these very big schools are lazy and not hardworking though not all.

if a British or american student from their own schools comes to Nigerian schools to learn, do you think he would want to be "suffering and smiling" like we all did? Education is not as difficult as the nigerian environment makes it. The so called ajebos have high mental capacity and intuitiveness.

By the way, there will always be mentally lazy students in EVERY SCHOOL

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by jurrsh(m): 10:40am On Oct 18, 2020
paul100:

they normally don't prepare their students for jamb and waec, they prepare them for international exams, gcse,,toefl,etc.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Highzik20(m): 10:52am On Oct 18, 2020
paul100:

because most if not all of them do not take jamb since they are to continue their schooling abroad
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Najdorf: 11:14am On Oct 18, 2020
paul100:
Good question but no parent sends their kids to these schools with the aim of them schooling in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by walyx(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2020
where is CIS ? Children International School. at freedom way lekki
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by edoairways: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2020
paul100:
They may not produce the best students from Waec and Jamb however they produce baked students
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by edoairways: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2020
paul100:

There are still lazy students in some public secondary schools.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Casper21: 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2020
Lekki British international school, my alma mater though didn't finish from there but I must say the schools you listed here are quite impressive due to their academic standard.
But seriously education get levels. You can't put a Brit student and a federal schl in the same room. Terms of expression, fluency, smart lemme just shut it. Though I'm not criticizing other schools but no matter the little you earn, give your child that very best basic education. I'll rather spend much money on my kids high school than university.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Michealky: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
Casper21:
Lekki British international school, my alma mater though didn't finish from there but I must say the schools you listed here are quite impressive due to their academic standard.
But seriously education get levels. You can't put a Brit student and a federal schl in the same room. Terms of expression, fluency, smart lemme just shut it. Though I'm not criticizing other schools but no matter the little you earn, give your child that very best basic education. I'll rather spend much money on my kids high school than university.

Ah swear, a child that graduates from British spring secondary school without University is far better than a child that finishes from unity schools and graduates from Unizik. Omg when you put them together that zik graduate will fem!! Lol university in Nigeria is so overrated though.
My Child go learn skill o, be it music, football, fashion designer, actor
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Casper21: 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
Michealky:

Ah swear, a child that graduates from British spring secondary school without University is far better than a child that finishes from unity schools and graduates from Unizik. Omg when you put them together that zik graduate will fem!! Lol university in Nigeria is so overrated though.

Lol. Nice. But you don't learn those kind of skills, it's more of a talent. Don't force a child to be what you want him to be, passion is what drives greatness. He needs to have the Passion forrit.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by ExposeThem101: 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2020
I still find the federal government secondary schools better though.

Please let's help save a life
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by Akanimoh113(m): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2020
speed40:
Has the Covid-19 pandemic limited your income and as a result you had to cut down on your budget and plans? Join Jacywins Forex Master Class and signal
Kindly save my WhatsApp number (08104447977)and check for free signal and other update via my WhatsApp status
Thank you.

Please could you Assist Me Financially.
I Need a Smartphone to Start Making and Earning Profits. Or We Can Cut a Deal.
For Every Profit I make you get 30%-40% of my Earnings for Assisting me Financially Until the Amount You've Assisted me with Has been Complete with Interest or Probably Keep Paying you till the End of the Year.

Who can help me out... Lets Earn Profits together
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by DontBullshitMe: 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2020
paul100:
Stop typing BS.

The student with the highest 2020 UTME score, Agnes, graduated from Loyola Jesuit college which featured on that list.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. by BennyDGreat: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2020
Michealky:

Lol shey UNN do you bad ni

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Genius At NASA - 1st African Woman To Earn PhD In Aerospace Engineering / Unn Protest In Picture / Delsu First Batch Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.