Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? (32467 Views)

Im In Love With A Male Friend That Has A Girlfriend, HELP! / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Tiger(m): 7:31am On Feb 03, 2006
Alright people I have a question for you I have a friend a (girl) that I like more than a friend I'm a (guy) by the way and I don't know how to tell her? undecided
If I tell her this she might be surprised and say no and eventually stop being my friend. cry
OR
She will be happy that I told her and feel the same way  about this. grin

What should I do? shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by smartsoft(m): 9:29am On Feb 03, 2006
Well guy, i will say this you just have to be your self Okay if the girl likes you.. she won't say No..  but at the same time just go for her.. if she is yours notting can stop it.. just be brave and act like a man..
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by truthhurts(f): 11:04am On Feb 03, 2006
hey Tiger it sucks to live a lie, i feel you should let this girl know how u feel about her cos she might be feeling the same way about u and she is waiting 4 you to open so dearie it pays to be bold so you dont go on regretting for a very long time why u didnt wink

1 Like

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by christyne(f): 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2006
The best thing u can do is to be bold and walk up to her.If she says no,that means she's never meant to be urs.So why dont u go to her instead of nursing the pains of not having her all ur life?The earlier the better .........

2 Likes

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by clarissa(f): 12:12am On Feb 11, 2006
i think u should tell her cos if u dont u'll deal with it for a long time and may fall in love with someone else if i was the girl i would be suprised but i wont be mad. grin
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by funloving(m): 12:28am On Feb 11, 2006
Go out with on a casual date.Nothing special,just a casual outting with a friend but make sure it is just the two of you.
Get into a normal conversation over a bottle of soft drink (I don't subscribe to alcohol) and after discussing general issues look into her eyes,don't be shifty or shy.
Look into her eyes,call her name softly and tell her "I have been meaning to tell you this for a while now,I really like you and would want to be more than a friend" or something like that.
Watch her reaction,while still holding her eyes.If she likes you that much she will respond positively and the rest is game.If she doesn't want to be more than a friend with you,she will also tell you and if both of you are friends like you have said,it won't truncate your friendship.Just make sure you don't bring the topic up again.Women don't like guys who act all so needy and pester them for a relationship they don't want.
If her response during the date is not positive,don't feel bad.Smile,tell her it's okay,you understand her point of view,tell her both of you will still be friends,enjoy the rest of your drink,make general conversation,no more reference to the "toasting" that failed and then take her home(her home please  grin) and move on with your life.Both of you can still remain friends.
Wish you all the best.

7 Likes

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by EvilSlayer(m): 12:34am On Feb 11, 2006
Enough with all the love shiit. Dude bang the girl, and if you ask her to be your girl and she Say's no hey you'll ready got a piece of that ass.

1 Like

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by funloving(m): 12:40am On Feb 11, 2006
EvilSlayer:

Enough with all the love shiit. Dude bang the girl, and if you ask her to be your girl and she Say's no hey you'll ready got a piece of that ass.

and i guess girls are meant just to be banged and nothing else. I thought your name was evilslayer,not evilmaker   grin
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by EvilSlayer(m): 12:53am On Feb 11, 2006
That's right dude, I don't know what you  do with your girls or girl, it's all your business bro. I bang my girls and it don't make me an Evil person.

1 Like

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by funloving(m): 1:00am On Feb 11, 2006
No,not an evil person,just a bang bros who should beware of AIDS and be considerate of the lady's emotions.
Anyway,it is a free world and we all have our individual principles and beliefs.
Have a lovely weekend and hey,No Banging or else I will tell your mummy what you are doing in the states  cheesy
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by EvilSlayer(m): 1:06am On Feb 11, 2006
I like you Funloving you a funny guy. But only gay men have emotions, EMOTIONS has gone out the window for me a long time ago. Thanks for the advise though, and yup I always have protection on me.

Oh before I forget pls don't tell my mom about this OK bro. You have a nice weekend too bro.
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Tiger(m): 3:38am On Feb 11, 2006
Dude you wrong just bang her what's wrong with you?
That may be the way you handle life but me I care about people and don't treat them like SHIT. angry
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Tiger(m): 3:42am On Feb 11, 2006
Well everyone thanks for the advice.I'am going to be asking her tommorow on a casual date with her (Freind Date).Were going to the movies and dinner.If you have any more advice that would be great!!!!!!!!!! smiley

Wish me luck grin
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Tiger(m): 5:43am On Feb 15, 2006
Well guys I took your advice and guess what SHE SAID YES!

were going on our first actuall date tonight!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by mobzy205(f): 6:36am On Feb 15, 2006
well its up to her on what she thinks bout u be a man and tell her u feelings straight up. if she says no, then leave her alone and just know that u have overcome ur fear of telling her the truth. i hope she is fine cause there a lot of fishes in the water u know wat i mean. grin grin grin grin [b][/b]
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:22pm On Feb 22, 2006
be a man n tell her how u feel aba her
4 all u know, she loves u 2ooooo
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by omogenaija(f): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2007
this is gonna be hard but u have to open up ur mouth and say the words I LOVE YOU !!!
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by na2day2(m): 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2007
bro if u tell her u might get screwed, dont tell her, u go die hard alone oooo. this na from life experience oooooo.
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Bawss1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2007
The way forward is simple: at a convinent time (and place) play her the r&b track "If I told You" by Whitney Houston and George Micheal grin cheesy
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by sisqology(m): 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2007
I also av a problem like this, am not that close to dis gurl and i love her so much,but i knw she likes me and she's gat a bf which i dnt tink she loves, what can i do?
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by candies(f): 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2007
Take the risk and tell her.
It's either yes or no.
Lagbaja say:
'Na my right to ask oh, weather you go gree oh, Na your right'
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by na2day2(m): 6:27am On Nov 24, 2007
bros, ur life don bend sha. no go pour sand sand for ur garri ooo by mis-yaning to this girl wey u think say like u. anything wey happen to u after the bobo know na OYO ooo, nairaland no get hand for that one. grin grin grin

sisqology:

I also av a problem like this, am not that close to this girl and i love her so much,but i knw she likes me and she's gat a boyfriend which i dnt think she loves, what can i do?
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by sq1(f): 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2007
actually its not easy, but u have to open ur mouth.no matter hw shy u may be,u ar a man ,be bold.it ur world,u hav to behave like a man.u ar to :- smiley
e in control.and always be sure that u could gat a no or yes.so tell her bros.
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Incriva(m): 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2007
I guess you have a pretty good advantageshocked
1.She is your friend wink and I bet she has been njoyin your skills.
One thing you can do is approach her friends and plead with them to decipher if she digs you. They are one potent tool you have.

2. Don't be afraid to be turned down. That would create unnecessary nervousness wheneva you r with her and that might not argur well for your goal.
Goodluck! cool

1 Like

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by yewaman1(m): 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2007
Since you ssay you guys are friends already, whow better to 'date or marry' than
your friend who knows you, likes and dislikes, its a risk you have to take.

All the best
cool go for it
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by yewaman1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2007
Since you say you guys are friends already, who better to 'date or marry' than
your friend who knows you, likes and dislikes, its a risk you have to take.

All the best
cool go for it
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Eclairs: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2007
[Well everyone thanks for the advice.I'am going to be asking her tommorow on a casual date with her (Freind Date).Were going to the movies and dinner.If you have any more advice that would be great!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck
]

Gud luck
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Eclairs: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2007
[Well everyone thanks for the advice.I'am going to be asking her tommorow on a casual date with her (Freind Date).Were going to the movies and dinner.If you have any more advice that would be great!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck ]

I hope it went well .
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Steve337: 8:21am On Feb 27, 2008
I just found this topic by searching google because I have the same problem. With me though, we aren't just casual friends. We are "best" friends. I started working with her about a year and a half ago, and we've built a great friendship. I usually hang out with her 3-4 times a week, and I talk to her almost every day. But I know she tells me things that she wouldn't normally tell guys, especially if I were her boyfriend. I love her more than anything, and I would do absolutely anything for her. My problem is that I don't know if she feels the same way (obviously, or none of this would be an issue for me), and I don't think I would be able to handle losing her friendship. She means so much to me and she is a major part of my life, even as a friend, and losing her altogether would crush me. The relationship we have now is very important to me. But I really do love her, and I'm afraid if I don't say anything, I may regret it for the rest of my life. I don't know how to handle this undecided
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by doyin13(m): 8:25am On Feb 27, 2008
the thing hard ooo.

destroyed the friendship i had with one of my best friends.

But wetin man go do na. . . .life goes on.

Friends full for yonder na
Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2008
Tiger:

Well guys I took your advice and guess what SHE SAID YES!

were going on our first actuall date tonight!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess y'all can read.
. . . and they lived happily ever after. tongue
Case closed.

1 Like

Re: How To Tell My Friend That I Love Her? by pchillin: 6:42am On Feb 05, 2009
i have the same problem. love is hard but if she is ur best friend then id wait and let it play it self out for a bit. bros(friends) over hoes(girlfriends)(sex)
or u can send he small suddal messages like a touch or a look or somthing u say.

good lucksmiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Couple's Unique Wedding Outfit Is A Hit / Nairalanders, Help Me Out, She Hasn't Said Yes / 9 Questions You Should Not Ask A Lady On A First Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.