Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots (69909 Views)

Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu / NLC, Residents Block Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway To Protest Against Bad Roads / Lagos-Badagry Expressway To Be Completed By End Of 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by powerfulguy: 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2020
The #EndSARS protesters in Benin on Saturday introduced a new dimension to the week-long agitation as they turned parts of the Benini-Lagos expressway to cooking spots at the pedestrians bridge by the University of Benin Main Gate.

The protesters, who barricaded the ever busy road on bothe ends set up emergency kitchen spots on road and cooked all sorts of delicacies, which they share freely among themselves in a communal and carnivalesque way.

The food items and condiments were said to have been donated by an unnamed person, who is sympathetic to the course Tue youths are championing.

Though the activity led to a gridlock on the busy highway, the cooking spree and the communal sharing by the demonstrating youths in their hundreds, was pictorial enough and entertaining in context.

Meanwhile, Edo State Commissioner of Police, mr. Babatunde Kokumo, has ordered the homicide section of the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) to commence a full scale investigation into the immediate and remote cause of the Friday’s killing of a protester by gunmen around Ring Road, Benin.

The police boss vowed “to arrest the perpetrators of this dastardly act for prosecution in court accordingly.”

A statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Chidi Nwabuzor, said the police boss “commiserates with the family members of the deceased for his untimely death and pray to God to give them the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss. He however, appeals to the #EndSARS protesters to end the protest and patiently wait for the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu to implement the Police reforms.”

The demonstrators, apart from blocking the stretch of the Benin – Lagos expressway beginning from the old toll gate end to Uselu Market, a distance of about nine kilometers, also blocked the Ring Road, making travelers and commuters alike to detour to inner streets routes to find their way into and out of the city and within the heart of the city.

One of the protesters, Taiye Alao, told journalists that the protest had gone beyond the issue of #EndSARS.

“What we are asking for is not just end to SARS, we are saying Buhari must go, we are tired of his administration. The Buhari led government should resign, we need to fix Nigeria. We are we being oppressed in our own country, the politicians are oppressing us, we are in democracy and not democratic slavery, we can never be slaves in our own country”, he disclosed.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/photo-news-endsars-protesters-turn-benin-lagos-expressway-to-cooking-spots/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by cynthia9: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
We are here o
Thank goodness someone is able to create a thread on this. Am in Benin city. Ugbowo right now. Have been trying to create a thread on this but am unable to
Guess what nairaland members.
I have two good news
First: I just heard according to UN Constitution any protests that reaches 30days will make UN intervene in that country.
The Nigeria Govt knows this.
Many young people don’t know it.

EXCEPT the govt makes visible tangible immediate changes, #EndSARS  protests MUST GO ON.

Now the second good news is that I finally saw slawormir the damnnn niggarrrr guy. He has a voltron car with dreadlocks. But he refused to snap with me.
Even when I insist. He said no.
But I should go ahead and snap his Nokia touch light phone. The guy is a real smoker and drunkard. His lips are black like hell

312 Likes 33 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Eazyp3000: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Freeko4: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
Interesting..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Sirmwill: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Edo Amaka

Popular Adage:

"Edo people no dey carry last"

For the Tribal shitters
I am Yoruba

I love Edo people for a lot of reasons apart from the Night Flights wink

Like if you are with me
Share if you are feeling me grin

209 Likes 34 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Swipa: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Matter ooo. #EndSars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Blexino(f): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
nawaoo
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by seanwilliam(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Buhari must go! Like if you gree

377 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Greystone: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Lol... grin

Persin wey talk say him pikin no go sleep, he too no go sleep.

#ENDSARS #EndPoliceBrutality

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by RichiB(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
mad oo

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by ModestGal(f): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Lol
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by tot(f): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by noble71(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
shocked
I can see our dearest NwaAmikpe on the picture above.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by remi4ever(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Good, very good. Let' us develop your Mobile app Project for you. Whatsapp link on my signature.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Luftwaffe(f): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
That's a cauldron. Knowing Benin people I cant eat from that demonic pot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by tillaman(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Chi
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by tosingcfr(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
hmm
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Sirmwill: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Eazyp3000:
smiley

Pee le
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by wristbangle: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
cheesy May God crown their effort. They cannot protest on empty stomach na

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Richyspice(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Lol
Make person no go chop something else
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by BigDawsNet: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
smileyg
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by 9niceguy(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Shuuu
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Rebuke: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Na wa o.

[sup][/sup][sub][/sub]
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Teeacom: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Na so
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Unclefemolala(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Last last na cruise
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Blakjewelry(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Gradually turning to a joke

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
People are tire, there's a limit to what Humans or animals can bear, nigerians are tired and want a change...

#PeopleAreTiredOfTheCjangeTheyVotedFor!

Meanwhile check my signature

7 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by BigDawsNet: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
smiley
Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Justkatty(f): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Na person wey don chop, dey get strenght protest. make una chop it's necessary.

21 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by Incandescent(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
My benin people are too much

9 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by BigBrother9ja: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots by newharddrives(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2020
O mehn

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women Protest Unclad In Nkwegu, Ebonyi / How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.