Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,382 members, 7,800,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Behind The Glamour - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind The Glamour (7798 Views)

Glitz And Glamour From “sakadelli 2: Give Me A Break” Launch / Glitz And Glamour-a Celebrity Story. / Glitz And Glamour-a Celebrity Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind The Glamour by Altair25(m): 2:24am On Sep 02, 2021
Finally defended my project. Updates should be more frequent, thanks for the continued support �

3 Likes

Re: Behind The Glamour by bigbauer(m): 7:06am On Sep 02, 2021
Altair25:
Finally defended my project. Updates should be more frequent, thanks for the continued support �

Congratulations!!! And I hope you can keep to the update promise

1 Like

Re: Behind The Glamour by Nathz101(m): 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Altair25:
Congrat sir

Pls keep the promise

1 Like

Re: Behind The Glamour by silverlinen(m): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
Baba be like say you dey school for South South Anyways congratulations to you Now na steady update we dey wait for
Re: Behind The Glamour by silverlinen(m): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
Baba be like say you dey school for South South Anyways congratulations to you Now na steady update we dey wait for
Re: Behind The Glamour by nastynic(m): 10:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Altair25:
We dey wait boss... Congratulations
Re: Behind The Glamour by Altair25(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2021
I woke with a mouth full of pins and the faint taint of ash staining my throat, my stomach rumbled and the realisation that I hadn’t eaten in a while forced a grimace to my face.

The bright orange glare from the rising sun made me squint my eyes and I bit back a groan at the sharp piercing sensation that shot through my brain at the action. The butt of my midnight cigarette was still clutched between my fingers, long burnt out with long soft cylinders of ash on the rug letting me know that it had burnt out of its own accord while I passed out.I opened the door, getting out with a less than graceful flourish and resting against the vehicle with shut eyelids as the sun’s rays kissed my skin.

I mentally contemplated starting the day with another cigarette but quickly discarded the thought. My lungs had taken a beating last night, it was best I gave them some reprieve.They would take another round later though, of that I was sure of.Events of the previous night played out in my head in a flash and I felt my already dour mood plummet even further.To say that I had been pissed off last night would have been an understatement.

On one hand, my reaction had been rather tame compared to most of my more violent outbursts in time past. On the other hand, my reaction hadn’t been the wisest course of action all things considered.

Aside from Ifeoma’s status as Chief’s kin, which in itself was reason enough to watch myself around her, it was a known fact that she had a mean streak the size of Niger State. She could easily see to it that the rest of my stay working with Chief would become a veritable living hell even without outright telling him of my ‘insolence’ and considering he choice to storm off instead of giving it to me hot-hot as she usually did sent a ball of uncertainty spiralling down my gullet straight into my gut.I nervously tapped my fingers against my knees, mentally mulling over what to do next, feeling beads of sweat form and grow on my head as I outlined what course of action would be best to defuse the current issue I had brought upon my head.

Taking a deep breathe, pushed off the car, locked it and began to make my way to the front door in slow, deliberate steps.Best to get this over with.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Frankly, I expected to be hit with the smell of processed marijuana the moment I opened the door. Needless to say, my expectations were quite different from the reality I met in the leaving.The air was fragrant almost as if the whole room had been cleaned, and perfumed.

The television was on and a program from the History Channel was on making me raise a brow.Right there on the couch, half sitting half lying was Ifeoma, face blank but cat eyes fixated on the program with an almost unsettling level of focus all whilst she lazily twirled about what appeared to be Apple juice in her cup.

Tense as I was, my eyes couldn’t help but wander, she was wearing a short, semi-transparent silk nightgown and from what I could see, she was completely bare beneath the negligible layer of clothe.It was a good thing that I was tense, else I’d have to deal with an elongated situation.

I cleared my throat and her focus shifted from the TV to me.I felt my throat tighten at the unsettling look in her eyes, but steeled my nerves nonetheless, “My sincerest apologies for what happened last night, there’s no excuse for how I acted and I want to assure you that it will never happen again.”The blank look on Ifeoma’s face was gone, replaced with one of exasperation.“I really wish you’d stop talking like that, it’s ridiculous and it makes you look ridiculous”

I blinked slowly at the dry retort and the tension in my chest dissipated a little, not enough to make me drop my guard, but enough to lose the ‘all business’ tone I usually adopted with Chief.“Okay...”“Come sit with me” she folded her legs, opting to seat in a cross legged fashion and patted the space beside her.

Weighing the situation, I steeled myself and took the proposition. Her nose wrinkled as I sat and she gave me a small smile, “You stink”.Her tone was playful and frankly I didn’t know how to feel about that.She had taken her bath, and from the looks of things quite recently, I could still smell the bath shampoo on her.

I mentally cycled through what sitting posture would be most fitting as I sat before settling on leaning into the plush couch and folding my hands. Not too relaxed, not too tensed.Or so I thought.

Ifeoma burst into giggles and my brows knit together in befuddlement.Her giggling fit persisted and my confusion gave way for mild irritation, “What’s so funny?” my tone was tight, but I took extra care to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

Regaining her composure, she gave me a toothy grin and I felt my brain glitch a little at the mirth in her eyes, “You look like a petulant child with your arms cross and that sulky look on your face” she chimed.I didn’t know how to respond to that.Ifeoma’s grin became lopsided almost turning into her trademark smirk, but not quite there, “I’m scaring you right”It was phrased to sound like a question but it wasn’t, she wasn’t asking a question, she was stating a fact.

I kept my voice level, “A little”.Her smirk broadened briefly, making her look more like herself, before shifting back to her initially bright smile, “For real though, you really stink, when last did you shower?”

The change of topic was jarring and calming down to think of it, I took note that there was something different about Ifeoma.I couldn’t really place a finger on it, it was subtle, but it was there. It was almost as if she had become, dare I say, nicer? Maybe she had taken my words to heart?

Before I could mull over the thought any further, I felt delicate finger wraps themselves around my wrist and then let out a small grunt as I was yanked off the couch with startling strength.

I was jolted out of my internal musings by the sudden movement, my focus returning to real time to see Ifeoma giving me a small smile, “Let’s get you a shower now shall we?”I didn’t get the chance to get a word in before I was practically dragged towards the bathroom.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In the time it took me to get dragged from the living room to the bathroom, I had come to my senses and I had decided that I had had enough of this ludicrous scenario. I had come to apologize for over stepping my boundaries not to be dragged along like a clueless protagonist in a terrible sitcom.

“Ifeoma, I’m not sure all this is necessary...” the rest of my statement flew right out my lips in the form of a surprised gasp as Ifeoma flung me to the wall.

A twinge of embarrassment made my face burn hot at how easily she had done that.

“Please don’t tell me that you’re dense enough not to know why I brought you here” her calm tone was gone, replaced with an irritated one.

“Excuse...”

“I want to Bleep you."

2 Likes

Re: Behind The Glamour by nastynic(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2021
Thanks for the update, we need more
Re: Behind The Glamour by hotswagg12: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2021
What a wonderful story you have here.
Re: Behind The Glamour by whalesbanks(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
@Altair25
Where @ thou
It’s been a while, hope you doing good
The thread has kinda gone cold, come do something bout it
Re: Behind The Glamour by Altair25(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
whalesbanks:
@Altair25
Where @ thou
It’s been a while, hope you doing good
The thread has kinda gone cold, come do something bout it

Sorry boss, recently took on a ghost writing project, it's been keeping me busy, but updates should resume soon enough.

Please bear with me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Interesting Books You Have Read / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Take Me As I Am --- The Trailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.