Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Is It Possible To Cross From Pol Sci To Law In Ui - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Possible To Cross From Pol Sci To Law In Ui (1070 Views)

24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University / UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands / Do I Need A First Class In Comp.sci To Get A Good Job As A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Cross From Pol Sci To Law In Ui by FashionDomain: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2020
Hello everyone, please I gained admission into the university of ibadan last year to study Political science . I wish to cross to law after 100 level. I've heard a lot of stories, but I would like to read your inputs. Is this quest possible, do you have an experience on this before, have you heard anything about it or you know someone who tried it before? . Please what are the things I must also take cognizance of. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Cross From Pol Sci To Law In Ui by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2020
FashionDomain:
Hello everyone, please I gained admission into the university of ibadan last year to study Political science . I wish to cross to law after 100 level. I've heard a lot of stories, but I would like to read your inputs. Is this quest possible, do you have an experience on this before, have you heard anything about it or you know someone who tried it before? . Please what are the things I must also take cognizance of. Thank you.
You can if there's opening for interfaculty transfer . You must also check if your course unit offered corresponds with that of Law. I know it is possible but it is 15%

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Cross From Pol Sci To Law In Ui by FashionDomain: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

You can if there's opening for interfaculty transfer . You must also check if your course unit offered corresponds with that of Law. I know it is possible but it is 15%
Thanks so much, must a person have first class
Re: Is It Possible To Cross From Pol Sci To Law In Ui by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2020
FashionDomain:
Thanks so much, must a person have first class
From what I know about UI there are few openings for people to switch courses i.e from one considered to be low by the school to a one more sorted for. One must have very high mark. First class of over 4.57 is different from 4.89. Most department heads have deliberately remove some course unit to prevent switching.
Another thing to consider again is the one involving JAMB and the school. If it's recognised by the school that course has changed and not by JAMB that is another problem. Going to offices and going through the transfer but it is quite troubling but it is very possible to succeed.
The last one is the payment and that is the issue. Sorting might be problematic .
Why don't you stick to Political Science. It is a course that is sort for by Companies.
Though you may not earn a lot but you will start from somewhere.
Political Science has a lot of Law and constitution, history and General topics in it.
Law is becoming too saturated and now they're are looking for Lawyers who are not above 27 years and 3 years working experience not considering the incessant strikes and school Issues.
Finally you can do a DE for Law just for the name. In Nigeria Lawyers work a long time before they start reaping the benefits it takes time not to talk more of corrupt practise these days.
SO GOODLUCK BRO

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Cross From Pol Sci To Law In Ui by FashionDomain: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

From what I know about UI there are few openings for people to switch courses i.e from one considered to be low by the school to a one more sorted for. One must have very high mark. First class of over 4.57 is different from 4.89. Most department heads have deliberately remove some course unit to prevent switching.
Another thing to consider again is the one involving JAMB and the school. If it's recognised by the school that course has changed and not by JAMB that is another problem. Going to offices and going through the transfer but it is quite troubling but it is very possible to succeed.
The last one is the payment and that is the issue. Sorting might be problematic .
Why don't you stick to Political Science. It is a course that is sort for by Companies.
Though you may not earn a lot but you will start from somewhere.
Political Science has a lot of Law and constitution, history and General topics in it.
Law is becoming too saturated and now they're are looking for Lawyers who are not above 27 years and 3 years working experience not considering the incessant strikes and school Issues.
Finally you can do a DE for Law just for the name. In Nigeria Lawyers work a long time before they start reaping the benefits it takes time not to talk more of corrupt practise these days.
SO GOODLUCK BRO

Thanks you so much for this, it is eye opening. May God almighty bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Best Chemistry Texbook For O'levels / Final Year Student Repeat Four Years After He Was Told His Admission Was Invalid / I Wanna Sell A New Rework Station @27k, I Need Money In School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.