Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,494 members, 7,801,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

The Eagles Get Another Goalkeeper - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Eagles Get Another Goalkeeper (467 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ghana - History Favours The Eagles / Ex-Eagles Get-Together: Kanu, Okocha, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Siasia, Yobo (Video) / I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Eagles Get Another Goalkeeper by webboykiss: 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2020
English Premier League side Crystal Palace also fondly referred to as the Eagles have announced they have added one more goalkeeper to their roster.

The latest addition is Jack Butland who has joined Crystal Palace from Stoke after agreeing a three-year contract.

The 27-year-old goalkeeper renews his relationship with manager Roy Hodgson, who handed him his England debut in 2012.

Butland’s arrival at Selhurst Park marks Hodgson’s fifth signing of the transfer window.

Butland has represented the Three Lions on nine occasions but has not featured in the Premier League since he was relegated to the Championship with Stoke in 2018.

“I’m very happy that the club has managed to acquire the signature of Jack to join us and compete for a place amongst our goalkeepers at the club,” said Hodgson, who made Butland England’s youngest ever goalkeeper at 19 years and 158 days in a friendly against Italy eight years ago.

“Jack is a player that I worked with for four years at England. I’ve always believed in his potential.

“I am aware that his last spell at Stoke hasn’t been the happiest one for him but I sincerely believe that with his qualities, coming to a new club will enable him to resurrect his career and show once again what a good goalkeeper he is.”

Speaking to the Crystal Palace website, Butland added: “I am extremely happy. It has been a crazy and stressful day but I am glad to have got it over the line.

“It will be great to see and work with Roy again. He gave me the most important moment in my career and that is one I am forever grateful for.”

(1) (Reply)

Nfl Week 8 2020 / Cut One On 7+ Odds / Who Will Win The 2021 Ballon D’or And Fifa World Best Player? Here Are The Top 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.