Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,567,845 members, 5,940,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 07:51 PM

I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? (3600 Views)

Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man / "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by wittyt98(m): 11:55am On Oct 18
grin sister he's a fuckboy. he wants to chop you. grin he has probably bragged about getting you laid to his co-workers infact grin Do this at your own risk.

I don't see anything serious coming out of this. grin After a few fûcks, see finish go enter and y'all will stop seeing grin then you'll start avoiding his pharmacy and his co-workers grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 12:01pm On Oct 18
Uyi168:
So if time was still on your side, u wouldn't have mind giving it a trial, would you??

Mmm... Sincerely speaking, I wouldn't have cos he's not 100% what I want. No offence meant but he's so much of a fine boy with swag and I don't do them. I prefer them more decently dressed.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Uyi168(m): 12:07pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

Mmm... Sincerely speaking, I wouldn't have cos he's not 100% what I want. No offence meant but he's so much of a fine boy with swag and I don't do them. I prefer them more decently dressed.
Ok.
Women Sha..
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Hathor5(f): 12:12pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:
author=Hathor5 post=95051955]Your instincts are good.

Yeah. Tot so too. Reason I became worried.

Hmm.. you right there. Bad boys are a no no for marriage.

He didn't pick them afterall, I did.

Yeah, sure. grin Though I was wearing a pant. Even at that, I still did the decent ladies squats. tongue

My dear, i made that list long ago but it seems so difficult to coming across one who ticks all the boxes for me. Going by my list, I shouldn't even consider him cos I want a born again bro but that just seems like a Herculean task these days as the wordly ones have saturated the church. so..

Lol. Hathor5 in the building!!!!
I'm glad you sweet today. Muah!

More red flags.

It's not a Herculean task. I wish I could see the complete list though. And why does he have to be born again?

1 Like

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 12:18pm On Oct 18
Hathor5:

More red flags.

It's not a Herculean task. I wish I could see the complete list though. And why does he have to be born again?

Hm..

He has to be a born again at least so I don't have to worry about STDs and Is. My thoughts though.

The born again ones seem to be more reserved and faithful to a large extent.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 12:20pm On Oct 18
MrCodeSolo:
Trust your instinct....? If a man can say something offensive about your body or a part of your body in the OPEN, without taking it back immediately or re-assuring you he's just kidding or joking just right after dz piercing or demeaning words come out....He is just as inconsiderate and disrespectful and d worst case scenario a pretender and a cocky bastard wolf clothing himself under d disguise of a meer look-like sheep. Quote me anywhere... But if you still want to give him your digits pls be my guest....I just replied to expose one aspect of a nigga like me...we do get cocky at times and say spiteful comments but not at d expense of demeaning a woman... that's my kind of person in particular

Wow.
Thanks for the heads up.

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by KidDarkness(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

Hm..

He has to be a born again at least so I don't have to be worried about STDs and Is. My thoughts though. The born again ones seem to be more reserved and faithful to a large extent.
A lady that knows what she truly wants. Thank goodness there are people who still have morality and values.

2 Likes

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 12:25pm On Oct 18
RightToReject:

The way some of you reason and judge issues do baffle me. You and your ilk expect her, or anyone in her shoes, not to retaliate accordingly when pushed to the wall, just because she exhibited a good girl disposition prior to the provocation. A lady or gentleman shouldn't be mistaken for a servile man/woman or expected to act as one. She didn't do anything bad with her reply.

That said, I don't hold brief for her (the OP).

My dear, thanks for speaking my mind.

Gracias.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Ayo2004: 12:45pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

Hm..

He has to be a born again at least so I don't have to worry about STDs and Is. My thoughts though.

Dey deceive yourself.....brother Tobi might actually be a brother solomon grin
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by thunderfirebubu: 12:54pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:
So, theres this guy, a pharmacist. I do go to the pharmacy where he works to buy stuff pre-lockdown and we would just talk casually about the things I came to get. After the lock, two weeks ago, I went there and he was looking so cute and plumpy. So after taking my BP which he said was ok. We got talking. Then suddenly a very pretty chick walked in and he stood up to attend to her. I felt somehow for no reason. t
The girl said she needed him to see something on her body but he declined and ordered the sales girl to follow the girl and see it in the bathroom. I felt relieved a bit. hahaha...

So the girl came back and tried to distract him from me again and this time he said, "I was just telling my love something" ( referring to me). I was shocked but felt more relaxed.

Now, after that day, I went there last week. We exchanged pleasantries. So I proceeded to the shelf to pick a deodorant and mistakenly knocked off the tray of roll-on and he jokingly said, you're going to pick everything yourself. I'm not going to help you. His two other colleagues and I all laughed and as I made to bend down, he said, you must bend down, I want to see your bumbum." That bumbum you're hiding". huh? I felt a bit uneasy as this is someone I was beginning to like cos I felt hes responsible.

After the whole thing, I made to go and he immediately followed me to the door and asked where I'm staying that he wants to come visit me. I just told him the area but didn't give him detailed addy. Then he requested for my number but I jokingly laughed it off and stepped out. he followed me outside insisting I gave him my number but I walked away quickly and he turned back.

Now, my fear is, the statement he made in front of everyone. Is he really a responsible guy? Though he seems reserved but not sure.
I like him, no doubt but is it advisable to give him my contact? Or am I losing an opportunity.

I've been thinking.. prolly I should have given him or not? Is he really serious?

I'm scared to go there now cos I might give him my number but there's something about that statement that keeps showing a red flag.

What should i do?

you just lost an opportunity. I can bet on buhari's life, he will never ask for your number again. Gone are the days guys pester girls about number, things have changed.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Ishilove(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18
Op, my Yoruba in-laws will say "o ma kiyin mo le fa idi yin ya".

1 Like

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by crackhaus: 1:19pm On Oct 18
I'm a bit confused here...

Your phone number, as in your mobile phone number... this is what the dude asked for and you created a topic to deliberate it. grin

The statement he made about your bum notwithstanding, we are talking about a phone number here? grin
And it's a guy you already like, kinda...

Perhaps I'm seeing this from a wrong perspective.

If you won't trust yourself around the guy if/when you get too close, then I can understand the need to seek guidance.

However, I don't see how exchanging phone numbers with someone of the opposite sex whom you're already friends with, means that both of you MUST date, have sex, or get married...
Talk about putting the cart before the horse cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by FanOfMyself: 1:32pm On Oct 18
Skyfornia:

This is rude...take it down and apologize. Don't allow any one or word spoil your 'good girl' manners. You were doing just fine a while ago.
You talking like you have known this lady all your life. Women are more pretentious than the serpent herself
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 1:34pm On Oct 18
Ishilove:
Op, my Yoruba in-laws will say "o ma kiyin mo le fa idi yin ya".

Lol... Ishi ishi.. nwanyi Delta. No way!

1 Like

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 1:36pm On Oct 18
crackhaus:
I'm a bit confused here...

Your phone number, as in your mobile phone number... this is what the dude asked for and you created a topic to deliberate it. grin

The statement he made about your bum notwithstanding, we are talking about a phone number here? grin
And it's a guy you already like, kinda...

Perhaps I'm seeing this from a wrong perspective.

If you won't trust yourself around the guy if/when you get too close, then I can understand the need to seek guidance.

However, I don't see how exchanging phone numbers with someone of the opposite sex whom you're already friends with, means that both of you MUST date, have sex, or get married...
Talk about putting the cart before the horse cheesy

You think so. You don't expect me to spill all he said here before you can get the drift. Do you?
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by crackhaus: 2:00pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

You think so. You don't expect me to spill all he said here before you can get the drift. Do you?

Oh please... Did he say more than bend down, I want to see your bumbum? grin

It was a crass joke to make I admit, but hey you both are already familiar to an extent... and I don't see anywhere in your post where you cautioned him after he said it.
That says a lot BTW...

I bet the only issue you even have with this whole thing is that he said it in the presence of other people, so you felt embarrassed.
Had he said it when you both were alone, you would probably be turned on especially because you already like him... Let's not kid ourselves grin

As it is now, anything less than "hey pozehnani can I have your number so we can meet up and fück," then you've got absolutely no need for all the needless posturing.
As I stated earlier, you're already familiar with the guy to an extent, he not some random stranger.

Please be aware that I'm not trying to hold brief for him or assume his real intentions, but giving him your number does not automatically guarantee you MUST date or fück him... unless it's you who feels you won't be able to control yourself around the fella.

Even after all this talk, you will keep going to that pharmacy hoping to see him there, and you will keep discussing with him.
Las las, you will still give him that your private BVN number.

I said what I said ... grin

3 Likes

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 2:06pm On Oct 18
Bellotelli:

Don't let advise line this discourage you. For me if I like a lady, I also desire her sexually. By giving him your number you'll be able to know more about him not necessarily having sec with him on a go. Just try and get to know him more OK.
Op follow dz nd u'll be okay. Even if he hadnt made mention of seeing ur bum bum, still wouldnt change d fact dat he wouldnt shift ur pants.

i knew u was d evening newpaper nd nt ur friend.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 2:12pm On Oct 18
crackhaus:

Oh please... Did he say more than bend down, I want to see your bumbum? grin

A crass joke to make I admit, but hey you both were already familiar to an extent... and I don't see anywhere in your post where you cautioned him after he said it.
That says a lot...

I bet that the only issue you even have with this whole thing, is that he said it in the presence of other people... so you felt embarrassed.
Had he said it when you both were alone, you would probably be turned on especially because you already like him... Let's not kid ourselves grin

As it is now, anything less than "hey pozehnani can I have your number so we can meet up and fück," then you've got absolutely no need for all the needless posturing.
As I stated earlier, you're already familiar with him to an extent, dude is not random stranger.

Please be aware that I'm not trying to hold brief for him or speak to his real intentions, but having your number does not automatically guarantee you MUST date or fück him... unless it's you who feels you won't be able to control yourself around the guy.

And even after all this, you will keep going to that pharmacy hoping to see him there, and you will keep discussing with him.
Las las, you will still give him that your private BVN number.

I said what I said ... grin

Lol @BVN number. No, it my NIN I'll give him. You're not serious.

If he said it within both us alone, I would have cautioned him. But I didn't want to look like a sadist in front of the others that was why I laughed it off. And please... I wouldn't have been turned on by such disrespectful utterance. I'm not that loose, Nwokem.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by crackhaus: 2:33pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

Lol @BVN number. No, it my NIN I'm give him. You're not serious.

If he said it within both us alone, I would have cautioned him. But I didn't want to looks like a sadist in front of the others that was why I laughed it off. And please... I wouldn't have been turned on by such disrespectful utterance. I'm not that loose, Nwokem.
Well, I'd rather not drag the matter further...

When you finally give him your number, sha remember what I said. You don't have to come here to admit it, just remember that I said what I said. grin
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by KidDarkness(m): 2:33pm On Oct 18
PrinceofAgoAre:
Op follow dz nd u'll be okay. Even if he hadnt made mention of seeing ur bum bum, still wouldnt change d fact dat he wouldnt shift ur pants.

i knew u was d evening newpaper nd nt ur friend.
Prince, don't you know the best news always appears in the evening. I like reading newspapers in the evening when my brain is calm and peaceful. Bia, next time you call her evening newspaper, I would bring #EndSARS protesters to your kingdom

1 Like

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Ishilove(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

Lol... Ishi ishi.. nwanyi Delta. No way!
My dear sister izza truth o. Thank God he didn't hide his intentions, and you are right about the worldly ones invading the church. I know one who is a worker in that church whose G.O permed his hair, and this fellow is very dedicated. That's why I was shocked when he did not see anything wrong in a woman staying in his place for one week to be dickmatised.

Do we blame these men or the Church who has not been teaching holiness and prosperity in balanced proportions?
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18
KidDarkness:

Prince, don't you know the best news always appears in the evening. I like reading newspapers in the evening when my brain is calm and peaceful. Bia, next time you call her evening newspaper, I would bring #EndSARS protesters to your kingdom
bring dem. Prince would be glad 2 harbour dem. Ok. I wont be calling her names anymore.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 3:16pm On Oct 18
Ishilove:

My dear sister izza truth o. Thank God he didn't hide his intentions, and you are right about the worldly ones invading the church. I know one who is a worker in that church whose G.O permed his hair, and this fellow is very dedicated. That's why I was shocked when he did not see anything wrong in a woman staying in his place for one week to be dickmatised.

Do we blame these men or the Church who has not been teaching holiness and prosperity in balanced proportions?

Lol.. like seriously it calls for concern how the world has mixed up with the Church and everything goes. Imagine a "worker" camping a woman.we don't know whos who any longer.

We can't blame the Church cos the Church is doing their best but people have just decided to do their own thing by simply picking what suites them and discarding the important ones.

It is well.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Hathor5(f): 5:03pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

Hm..

So it's faithfulness you are looking for. It can also be found in guys who are not so religious but I am not trying to talk you out of anything. If faith is important to you, go for it. What else are you looking for in a guy?

1 Like

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 5:30pm On Oct 18
Hathor5:

So it's faithfulness you are looking for. It can also be found in guys who are not so religious but I am not trying to talk you out of anything. If faith is important to you, go for it. What else are you looking for in a guy?

Yeah, sure.

Someone who cares about me and respects my feelings.

Someone who' very hard-working, cool headed and intelligent.

One who shares at least 50% same interests and dreams as me.

Someone who's loaded and very neat.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Hathor5(f): 5:36pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

Yeah, sure.

Someone who' very hard-working cool headed and intelligent.

One who shares at least 50% same interests and dreams with me.

Explain loaded. grin

Keep your eyes open. Look out for decent guys. You will know them when you see them.

And most importantly, give those guys a chance who do not attract you right away. As long as they don't repel you, date them. Many times, if not most times, feelings develop over time.

Get yourself out there. Date, date, date. The prince is not likely to come knocking at your door.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by FanOfMyself: 5:39pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

Yeah, sure.

Someone who' very hard-working, cool headed and intelligent.

One who shares at least 50% same interests and dreams as me.

Nice tastes you've got I must say.

1 Like

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 5:43pm On Oct 18
Hathor5:

Explain loaded. grin

Keep your eyes open. Look out for decent guys. You will know them when you see them.

And most importantly, give those guys a chance who do not attract you right away. As long as they don't repel you, date them. Many times, if not most times, feelings develop over time.

Get yourself out there. Date, date, date. The prince is not likely to come knocking at your door.

By loaded, I mean financially.

Hmm.. that's the problem. If I'm not attracted to a guy, I hardly wanna go close.

Dating? Sisters are not allowed to date. We court. Not like I can't find a guy outside and courtbut another thing is, I'm not the outgoing type. It's from home to work, and church then back home. A triangle kinda life style. So there lies the problem of meeting with guys or eligible ones for that matter.

Sucks!
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 5:45pm On Oct 18
FanOfMyself:

Nice tastes you've got I must say.

Yeah. Thanks
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Hathor5(f): 5:52pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:

By loaded, I mean financially.

Hmm.. that's the problem. If I'm not attracted to a guy, I hardly wanna go close.

Dating? Sisters are not allowed to date. We court. Not like I can't find a guy outside and courtbut another thing is, I'm not the outgoing type. It's from home to work, and church then back home. A triangle kinda life style. So there lies the problem of meeting with guys or eligible ones for that matter.

Sucks!

I was like you once. I hardly ever felt any attraction for anyone. Then I realized that I am not easily swept off my feet by looks so I decided to give some guys a chance by 'seeing' them several times before I called it quits, which worked for me ultimately. My attraction and affection came with time. Love at first sight is rare so give decent guys a fair chance.

If your goal is marriage, you will have to put yourself out there. No matter what your goal is, you have to invest time and energy. We all do it when it comes to career goals but we hardly consider it when it comes to relationships/marriage goals.

1 Like

Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by pozehnani(f): 5:58pm On Oct 18
author=Hathor5 post=95069053]

I was like you once. I hardly ever felt any attraction for anyone. Then I realized that I am not easily swept off my feet by looks so I decided to give some guys a chance by 'seeing' them several times before I called it quits, which worked for me ultimately. My attraction and affection came with time. Love at first sight is rare so give decent guys a fair chance.
Yeah same here. I'll try.

If your goal is marriage, you will have to put yourself out there. No matter what your goal is, you have to invest time and energy. We all do it when it comes to career goals but we hardly consider it when it comes to relationships/marriage goals.
Hmm... @Bolded is true. We only do when people begin to remind us. Which is most time kinda late.

Thanks Hathor5. I really appreciate your candid advice and words of wisdom.

God bless you dear.
Re: I've been Thinking. Should I Give Him My Number? by Hathor5(f): 6:00pm On Oct 18
pozehnani:
author=Hathor5 post=95069053]

Yeah same here. I'll try.

Hmm... @Bolded is true. We only do when people begin to remind us. Which is most time kinda late.

Thanks Hathor5. I really appreciate your candid advice and words of wisdom.

God bless you dear.

You're welcome sweet.

Have fun 'courting'. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Caught Cheating With A Pregnant Woman In An Hotel (photos) / Is Secrecy In Marriage Protective Or Destructive? / My Wife Does Not Know That I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.