Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

The Only Antidote For Sin - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Only Antidote For Sin (11542 Views)

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Magmata: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2020
How I wish religious people can pass their messages without sounding religious.

All major religions I've checked, non of them has automatic transformation botton.

Change your name to Jesus or buddah or..., turn yourself into a vampire by feeding on jesus' blood day and night, or sit on the whole upanishad in lotus position 24/7; if the determination to put flesh and senses where they belong is not strong enough, you'll always end up in the same circle of vanity.

If you aren't ready to let go all pleasures associated with; Lusts of life, Lust of the flesh and Prides of life, you aren't ready to be free from the grip of death.

I love to say more but there is nothing left to say.

Message of Truth is simple when the soul is ready, the moment you understand the futility of what you call life, the urge to ask one God for material blessings will vanish, all desires for sensory pleasure will disappear, your eyes will open and your interest will take complete shift.

Until a soul is ready, he will never see beyond religion.

May we be guided.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by WaleRock: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
Psalm 119:11 KJV
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Proverbs 4:23 KJV
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

1 Like

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by OBA117(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2020
MrzeroEmotions:
You christians, don't out ever get tired of being brainwashed? Keep giving tithes to oyedepo and adeboye. Smh

Disappear from here! attention seeking person.....you that you are not brainwashed, how better is your life
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by piagetskinner(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2020
jonatoye:
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~ 

Focus: The Only Antidote for Sin

WORD FOR TODAY
The only way to be free from sin is to flee from it. It only takes a man who has been helped of God through the work of the cross to flee from sin!!!
Scriptural Reference
"Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." (2 Timothy 2:22 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is no immunity against sin. There is no anointing that can prevent a man from sinning. The man who will not sin is the one who flees from sin. Irrespective of who you are and how great and long God has been using you, you are not permitted to toil with sin but to flee from it.

Each time you flee from sin you will escape from it. Joseph flees when he was tempted and sin did not catch up with him. You don't stand in front of sin to resist it. The way to resist it is to flee from it. You must be careful and seek God to help you to flee each time sin is crouching at the door. As you flee from sin, you are to pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace as God's children.

+ Is your life free from sin?

Lord! Let grace be made available for me to always flee from sin and pursue righteousness in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Emphasis:
Sin will not catch with you if you find strength in God to flee from it!!!

Have a Graceful Worship Experience!!!

Truth.. thank you for this

1 Like

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by orunto27: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2020
Obedience to Agreement
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Mikenuelmike: 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2020
blazepascal:

Each time you flee from sin you will escape from it. Joseph flees when he was tempted and sin did not catch up with him. You don't stand in front of sin to resist it ....this caught my attention

I'm telling you.

1 Like

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2020
The only antidote to Sin i know is

* being filled with, and BEING VERY TRUTHFUL to the Holy Spirit.

A constant fellowship IN the Spirit is what will keep us Cognizant of Our TRUE NATURE(in the Scripture).

1 Like

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Breadnote: 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2020
gud 1
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by franklytrue(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2020
Titanic6:
The only antidote for sin is the TITANIC blood of Jesus.
adaugo59216:
The only antidote for sin is the TITANIC blood of Jesus.

cc: jonatoye

It is proper to flee from sin and all appearance of evil but can you flee from sin when it comes at you even in private when no one is around or watching? Will you flee from yourself when arrows/demons of lust, evil thoughts, malice, bitterness, fault-finding and etecetera are fired/sent against you?
There is a time to FLEE from sin and there is a time to RESIST unto blood the striving against sin. RESIST the devil and he will flee. (2 Tim. 2:22, 1 Thess. 5:23, Heb. 12:4, James 4:7)

You shouldn't just say the "only" antidote to sin or to keep from sin is this/that.
The "Titanic" blood of Jesus is an "antidote" to sin, that is after you have been washed in the blood of the Lamb spiritually but if you become careless/lukewarm, sin will overcome/defile you again before you know it.

Sin is not only a wrong action or an inaction (missing the mark, omission or commission) but also uncleanness in the sight of God (defilement, pollution).

The "antidotes" to sin after being born again are:
1) The blood of Jesus (1 John 1:7)
2) The grace of God (Rom. 6:14)
3) The Holy Spirit/Christ/the Word dwelling in us and we in him (1 John 3:6-9, 1 Cor. 6:16)
4) Watchfulness and prayerfulness (Matt. 26:41)
4) Holiness, righteousness and obedience to the will of God through right knowledge (1 Cor. 6:17, Hosea 4:6-10)
5) Love [walking in the Spirit for the fruit of the Spirit is love] (Prov. 10:12, Gal. 5:14,16,18, 25, Col. 3:14, 1 Pet. 4:8 )

I would not conclude that this list of "antidotes" is exhaustive. God knows.

Sin is not only something from the outside to flee from, there is the Adamic nature within the flesh (until we are translated at the Rapture) and temptations from the evil ones even in our closets. We all need to draw close to God whose name is Holy and walk with Him, and by that we draw away from sin, external and internal, visible and invisible. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by xproducer: 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2020
The only antidote for sin is the unmerited mercy and grace of GOD because of the Personal sacrifice of our Lord JESUS CHRIST!

No amount of obedience to the law of GOD is enough to be antidote for sin, because we cannot keep the law perfectly and we are naturally (since the fall of man in Eden) born dead in sin! (Ephesians 2:1). We keep the law, by the strength and indwelling of the Holy Spirit because we love and fear GOD.

"But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away." - Isaiah 64:6

"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." -1 John 4:10 (Also 1 Romans 3:25, Hebrews 2:17, John 2:2).

"...being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." - Romans 3:24-26

Propitiation = appeasement = atonement = satisfaction of the requirement of death for sin (Romans 6:23). The Lord JESUS, by His own action, is our substitution.

1 Like

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by jonatoye(m): 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
franklytrue:

cc: jonatoye

It is proper to flee from sin and all appearance of evil but can you flee from sin when it comes at you even in private when no one is around or watching? Will you flee from yourself when arrows/demons of lust, evil thoughts, malice, bitterness, fault-finding and etecetera are fired/sent against you?
There is a time to FLEE from sin and there is a time to RESIST unto blood the striving against sin. RESIST the devil and he will flee. (2 Tim. 2:22, 1 Thess. 5:23, Heb. 12:4, James 4:7)

You shouldn't just say the "only" antidote to sin or to keep from sin is this/that.
The "Titanic" blood of Jesus is an "antidote" to sin, that is after you have been washed in the blood of the Lamb spiritually but if you become careless/lukewarm, sin will overcome/defile you again before you know it.

Sin is not only a wrong action or an inaction (missing the mark, omission or commission) but also uncleanness in the sight of God (defilement, pollution).

The "antidotes" to sin after being born again are:
1) The blood of Jesus (1 John 1:7)
2) The grace of God (Rom. 6:14)
3) The Holy Spirit/Christ/the Word dwelling in us and we in him (1 John 3:6-9, 1 Cor. 6:16)
4) Watchfulness and prayerfulness (Matt. 26:41)
4) Holiness, righteousness and obedience to the will of God through right knowledge (1 Cor. 6:17, Hosea 4:6-10)
5) Love [walking in the Spirit for the fruit of the Spirit is love] (Prov. 10:12, Gal. 5:14,16,18, 25, Col. 3:14, 1 Pet. 4:8 )

I would not conclude that this list of "antidotes" is exhaustive. God knows.

Sin is not only something from the outside to flee from, there is the Adamic nature within the flesh (until we are translated at the Rapture) and temptations from the evil ones even in our closets. We all need to draw close to God whose name is Holy and walk with Him, and by that we draw away from sin, external and internal, visible and invisible. Amen.

Thanks for the contribution

1 Like

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by davidinchrist(m): 6:41am On Oct 19, 2020
WaleRock:

Psalm 119:11 KJV
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Proverbs 4:23 KJV
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

1 Like

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Mryacks: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
jonatoye:

WORD FOR TODAY
The only way to be free from sin is to flee from it. It only takes a man who has been helped of God through the work of the cross to flee from sin!!!
Scriptural Reference
"Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." (2 Timothy 2:22 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is no immunity against sin. There is no anointing that can prevent a man from sinning. The man who will not sin is the one who flees from sin. Irrespective of who you are and how great and long God has been using you, you are not permitted to toil with sin but to flee from it.

Each time you flee from sin you will escape from it. Joseph flees when he was tempted and sin did not catch up with him. You don't stand in front of sin to resist it. The way to resist it is to flee from it. You must be careful and seek God to help you to flee each time sin is crouching at the door. As you flee from sin, you are to pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace as God's children.

Lord! Let grace be made available for me to always flee from sin and pursue righteousness in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Emphasis:

Bless you for this...
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by franklytrue(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
jonatoye:

Thanks for the contribution
You're welcome
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Ihedinobi3: 10:16am On Oct 21, 2020
davidinchrist:

Yeah, but if one continues in sin:

Romans 8:13 KJV
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall DIE (spiritually): but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live (eternally).

I don't think that your interpretation here is correct, my friend. The text does not add "spiritually" or "eternally," and I can't think of any other part of the Bible that can lead one to interpret this verse that way. Is there a reason why you interpret it as you do?
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by davidinchrist(m): 11:17am On Oct 21, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

I don't think that your interpretation here is correct, my friend. The text does not add "spiritually" or "eternally," and I can't think of any other part of the Bible that can lead one to interpret this verse that way. Is there a reason why you interpret it as you do?

Okay, well I'm sure 'die' in that context is not mainly physically, but spiritually: which is to be separated from God forever = Hell; the bible calls it the second death. While to live eternally is to be forever with God = Heaven.

Note the passage is majoring on sins, and overcoming sins; and sin separates one from God. We know if one finally dies in sin without repentance, he goes to hell, where there is no place for repentance (spiritual death or second death).

Spiritual death started with Adam and Eve, after sinning by disobeying God, they realized they were naked. But thank God through the sacrifice of Christ for as many that love him.

I hope it's clear, that's my sure conviction and understanding. However, you don't need to agree with me, though.

Thanks.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by davidinchrist(m): 11:26am On Oct 21, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

Revelation 2:11 KJV
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh (sins/worldliness/wickedness) shall not be hurt of the SECOND DEATH.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Ihedinobi3: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
davidinchrist:

Okay, well I'm sure 'die' in that context is not mainly physically, but spiritually: which is to be separated from God forever = Hell; the bible calls it the second death. While to live eternally is to be forever with God = Heaven.

Note the passage is majoring on sins, and overcoming sins; and sin separates one from God. We know if one finally dies in sin without repentance, he goes to hell, where there is no place for repentance (spiritual death or second death).

Spiritual death started with Adam and Eve, after sinning by disobeying God, they realized they were naked. But thank God through the sacrifice of Christ for as many that love him.

I hope it's clear, that's my sure conviction and understanding. However, you don't need to agree with me, though.

Thanks.
davidinchrist:

Revelation 2:11 KJV
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh (sins/worldliness/wickedness) shall not be hurt of the SECOND DEATH.

I'm afraid I don't see much of what you say in the Bible.

To begin, we "know if one finally dies in sin without repentance, he goes to hell"? How do we know this? I've never seen it anywhere in the Bible. Do you have a passage?

The passage is indeed talking about sins, but I don't think it says what you said that it says. As you said, sin does separate between us and God --

6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
1 John 1:6 (NKJV)

But I have never seen that sinning as a believer leads to spiritual death anywhere. It's like saying that a child who is still pleased to be under the authority of his parents is cut off for stealing from the cookie jar. We humans don't even do that, how much more the God Who gave His One Unique Son to die for our sins.

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9 (NKJV)

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.” 7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:4-11 (NKJV)

5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1 Corinthians 5:5 (NKJV)

That is, when we sin and confess, the Lord will forgive us. If we continue to sin without confession, we risk being disciplined with greater and greater intensity until the Lord actually kills us. If we die still sinning or failing to confess, it is because we are being killed by the Lord in order to save us from the Lake of Fire. That is precisely what 1 Corinthians 5 among many other passages including this verse in Romans 8 teaches. So I don't really see what biblical reason you have for saying what you say.

Another problem is the idea that the Second Death and Spiritual Death are the same thing. You also said that when Adam and Eve sinned, they died spiritually, and you are right (Romans 5:12), but the Second Death is the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:14-15) and they obviously were not in it at the time, so why do you say that the Second Death and Spiritual Death are the same? It doesn't seem to me to fit.

It seems to me that the Bible teaches that because of Adam's sin, human flesh is defiled with sin and therefore we are all spiritually dead from birth, that is, we are "dead to God" (Colossians 2:13; Ephesians 2:1). We are not reckoned as His Children unless we accept the Gospel when we hear it. Spiritual death, the Bible seems to me to teach, is what the relationship of an unbeliever is to God while they are still alive in the flesh. When we believe, we are born anew/again/from above/of God, so that we become alive to Him (Romans 6:11,13; Colossians 2:13). If we don't believe or we start believing and then stop, we revert to spiritual death. That is not the Second Death still. It is just being/remaining/returning to being enemies with God.

You certainly have a right to your convictions and your understanding. I believe and teach that we all have a free will and thus have individual responsibility to God to believe what we are convinced is true. That is how we will be judged. If we believe lies, it won't matter why we do, we will be punished accordingly. If we believe the Truth, it will only be because we were persuaded in our own hearts that it is true. Nonetheless, we are responsible to help each other in this race. That is our job description as members in the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:4-7; Ephesians 4:1-16).

I am a pastor-teacher, so I am responsible to explain the Bible and defend it wherever it may be profitable to fellow believers for me to do so. That is why I'm engaging you. As the Lord Jesus said, if you accept a prophet in the name of a prophet (that is, as a prophet), you will get a prophet's reward etc (Matthew 10:41; John 13:8,14), likewise, if it suits you to let me wash your feet, then you can take what spiritual benefit I am capable of giving for your own good. If it doesn't, that is just as well. I am always pained and disappointed when I offer my spiritual service to a brother or sister and they reject it, but it really does not cost me anything when they do. My reward with the Lord is dependent only on my willing obedience to Him, not on the response of those I try to help. If I teach, explain, and persevere with anyone to understand the truth, my job is done and I will be rewarded at the Judgment Seat of Christ. If the person accepts my help and comes to full understanding of the Truth, they are benefited so that they can stand up to the lies of the enemy afterward and also walk in a manner that is pleasing to the Lord, and they will be rewarded at the Judgment Seat of Christ for obeying the Lord to seek out the Truth and believe it. If they reject it, then they will suffer what consequences they are due. I don't feature there either way. Each person's response is between them and the Lord. But I have a responsibility to the Lord to offer my help wherever it may be needed.

As for Revelation 2:11 and similar statements in Revelation 2 and 3, I don't see this parenthesis in the Bible. It is an interpretation of yours too, I believe, and I don't think it is correct. The reason that I don't is as follows:

4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
1 John 5:4 (NKJV)

So, it seems that the overcoming is of the world and it is done by faith in Christ. If anyone believes and continues to believe until the end of their life here on earth, they are an overcomer in the eyes of the Lord. Sin doesn't seem to have anything to do with it here.

Now, I don't believe that sin is not a serious issue. It very much is. If we were not sinners, the Lord Jesus would never have had to die on the Cross for our sins. Sin is a serious thing. But that is why God does not ignore it in His children. He disciplines us when we sin. If we remain stubborn, He could kill us just to save us from going to Hell if we are also stubborn about our faith and unwilling to give it up. But we are also warned that sin can seduce us into giving up our faith --

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 3:12-13 (NKJV)

So, we ought to be serious about avoiding sin. But avoiding sin is not the sum total of the Christian experience. In fact, it is supposed to have already been done when we believed. There are far more important things that we should be busy with. So, it is a mark of spiritual immaturity when we are still struggling with questions of sin. We will never be perfect in this life (Jude 3:2; 1John 1:8 ), but by the time that one has grown to spiritual maturity, some things should just not be that big of an issue with us anymore.

This is what I see in the Bible, my friend. I don't see anything even suggesting that sinning or even failing to confess sin at the point of death has anything to do with one's eternal status.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by davidinchrist(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

I'm afraid I don't see much of what you say in the Bible.

To begin, we "know if one finally dies in sin without repentance, he goes to hell"? How do we know this? I've never seen it anywhere in the Bible. Do you have a passage?

The passage is indeed talking about sins, but I don't think it says what you said that it says. As you said, sin does separate between us and God --

6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
1 John 1:6 (NKJV)

But I have never seen that sinning as a believer leads to spiritual death anywhere. It's like saying that a child who is still pleased to be under the authority of his parents is cut off for stealing from the cookie jar. We humans don't even do that, how much more the God Who gave His One Unique Son to die for our sins.

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9 (NKJV)

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.” 7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:4-11 (NKJV)

5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1 Corinthians 5:5 (NKJV)

That is, when we sin and confess, the Lord will forgive us. If we continue to sin without confession, we risk being disciplined with greater and greater intensity until the Lord actually kills us. If we die still sinning or failing to confess, it is because we are being killed by the Lord in order to save us from the Lake of Fire. That is precisely what 1 Corinthians 5 among many other passages including this verse in Romans 8 teaches. So I don't really see what biblical reason you have for saying what you say.

Another problem is the idea that the Second Death and Spiritual Death are the same thing. You also said that when Adam and Eve sinned, they died spiritually, and you are right (Romans 5:12), but the Second Death is the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:14-15) and they obviously were not in it at the time, so why do you say that the Second Death and Spiritual Death are the same? It doesn't seem to me to fit.

It seems to me that the Bible teaches that because of Adam's sin, human flesh is defiled with sin and therefore we are all spiritually dead from birth, that is, we are "dead to God" (Colossians 2:13; Ephesians 2:1). We are not reckoned as His Children unless we accept the Gospel when we hear it. Spiritual death, the Bible seems to me to teach, is what the relationship of an unbeliever is to God while they are still alive in the flesh. When we believe, we are born anew/again/from above/of God, so that we become alive to Him (Romans 6:11,13; Colossians 2:13). If we don't believe or we start believing and then stop, we revert to spiritual death. That is not the Second Death still. It is just being/remaining/returning to being enemies with God.

You certainly have a right to your convictions and your understanding. I believe and teach that we all have a free will and thus have individual responsibility to God to believe what we are convinced is true. That is how we will be judged. If we believe lies, it won't matter why we do, we will be punished accordingly. If we believe the Truth, it will only be because we were persuaded in our own hearts that it is true. Nonetheless, we are responsible to help each other in this race. That is our job description as members in the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:4-7; Ephesians 4:1-16).

I am a pastor-teacher, so I am responsible to explain the Bible and defend it wherever it may be profitable to fellow believers for me to do so. That is why I'm engaging you. As the Lord Jesus said, if you accept a prophet in the name of a prophet (that is, as a prophet), you will get a prophet's reward etc (Matthew 10:41; John 13:8,14), likewise, if it suits you to let me wash your feet, then you can take what spiritual benefit I am capable of giving for your own good. If it doesn't, that is just as well. I am always pained and disappointed when I offer my spiritual service to a brother or sister and they reject it, but it really does not cost me anything when they do. My reward with the Lord is dependent only on my willing obedience to Him, not on the response of those I try to help. If I teach, explain, and persevere with anyone to understand the truth, my job is done and I will be rewarded at the Judgment Seat of Christ. If the person accepts my help and comes to full understanding of the Truth, they are benefited so that they can stand up to the lies of the enemy afterward and also walk in a manner that is pleasing to the Lord, and they will be rewarded at the Judgment Seat of Christ for obeying the Lord to seek out the Truth and believe it. If they reject it, then they will suffer what consequences they are due. I don't feature there either way. Each person's response is between them and the Lord. But I have a responsibility to the Lord to offer my help wherever it may be needed.

As for Revelation 2:11 and similar statements in Revelation 2 and 3, I don't see this parenthesis in the Bible. It is an interpretation of yours too, I believe, and I don't think it is correct. The reason that I don't is as follows:

4 For whatever is born of God the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
1 John 5:4 (NKJV)

So, it seems that the overcoming is of the world and it is done by faith in Christ. If anyone believes and continues to believe until the end of their life here on earth, they are an overcomer in the eyes of the Lord. Sin doesn't seem to have anything to do with it here.

Now, I don't believe that sin is not a serious issue. It very much is. If we were not sinners, the Lord Jesus would never have had to die on the Cross for our sins. Sin is a serious thing. But that is why God does not ignore it in His children. He disciplines us when we sin. If we remain stubborn, He could kill us just to save us from going to Hell if we are also stubborn about our faith and unwilling to give it up. But we are also warned that sin can seduce us into giving up our faith --

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 3:12-13 (NKJV)

So, we ought to be serious about avoiding sin. But avoiding sin is not the sum total of the Christian experience. In fact, it is supposed to have already been done when we believed. There are far more important things that we should be busy with. So, it is a mark of spiritual immaturity when we are still struggling with questions of sin. We will never be perfect in this life (Jude 3:2; 1John 1:8 ), but by the time that one has grown to spiritual maturity, some things should just not be that big of an issue with us anymore.

This is what I see in the Bible, my friend. I don't see anything even suggesting that sinning or even failing to confess sin at the point of death has anything to do with one's eternal status.

First, I would say, I don't argue. But I strongly disagree with somethings you've written up there. I don't seem to see eye-to-eye with your interpretation of the passage.

"IF WE DIE STILL SINNING OR FAILING TO CONFESS, IT IS BECAUSE WE ARE BEING KILLED BY THE LORD IN ORDER TO SAVE US FROM THE LAKE OF FIRE."

I consider the above teaching as terribly dangerous cos the Bible says Jesus will only accept those without Spots and Wrinkles. It says we must be PERFECT as the Father is perfect. Perfect in sense that we turn from all KNOWN SINS, and then press on to become more and more like Christ.

"Yields The Peaceable Fruit Of Righteousness TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY IT.
HEBREWS 12:4-11 (NKJV)"

"5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit "MAY" BE SAVED in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1 Corinthians 5:5 (NKJV)"

The point is: "TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY IT." Cos some won't be willing to submit to the training.

The Bible says, he that sins is of the devil:

1 John 3:8-9 KJV
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

[9] Whosoever is born of God DOTH NOT commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

So, I wouldn't buy your interpretation of 1 cor 5:5.

Anyway, I've heard your points; although I disagree with some major parts of them. As said, I don't believe in getting into Bible arguments.

Thanks for your time.

Goodbye.

Luke 13:23-24 KJV
Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

[24] STRIVE to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and SHALL NOT BE ABLE.

1 John 3:6-7 KJV
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1 John 3:3 KJV
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1 Corinthians 15:34 KJV
Awake to righteousness, and SIN NOT; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by davidinchrist(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

"To begin, we "know if one finally dies in sin without repentance, he goes to hell"? How do we know this? I've never seen it anywhere in the Bible. Do you have a passage?"

Luke 16:22-23 KJV
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luke 16:25 KJV
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Although, some try to water this passage down by calling it a parable. But I believe Jesus was narrating a real life story.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Samchimezie(m): 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
orisa37:
THE ONLY ANTIDOTE TO SINS IS OBEDIENCE TO ALL AGREEMENTS.

Obedience To All Agreement Without Differenciating The Kind Of Agreement If Really Is From God Kind Of Agreement Or The Devil's..........
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Ihedinobi3: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
davidinchrist:

First, I would say, I don't argue. But I strongly disagree with somethings you've written up there. I don't seem to see eye-to-eye with your interpretation of the passage.

"IF WE DIE STILL SINNING OR FAILING TO CONFESS, IT IS BECAUSE WE ARE BEING KILLED BY THE LORD IN ORDER TO SAVE US FROM THE LAKE OF FIRE."

I consider the above teaching as terribly dangerous cos the Bible says Jesus will only accept those without Spots and Wrinkles. It says we must be PERFECT as the Father is perfect. Perfect in sense that we turn from all KNOWN SINS, and then press on to become more and more like Christ.

"Yields The Peaceable Fruit Of Righteousness TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY IT.
HEBREWS 12:4-11 (NKJV)"

"5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit "MAY" BE SAVED in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1 Corinthians 5:5 (NKJV)"

The point is: "TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY IT." Cos some won't be willing to submit to the training.

The Bible says, he that sins is of the devil:

1 John 3:8-9 KJV
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

[9] Whosoever is born of God DOTH NOT commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

So, I wouldn't buy your interpretation of 1 cor 5:5.

Anyway, I've heard your points; although I disagree with some major parts of them. As said, I don't believe in getting into Bible arguments.

Thanks for your time.

Goodbye.

Luke 13:23-24 KJV
Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

[24] STRIVE to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and SHALL NOT BE ABLE.

1 John 3:6-7 KJV
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1 John 3:3 KJV
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1 Corinthians 15:34 KJV
Awake to righteousness, and SIN NOT; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

davidinchrist:
Ihedinobi3:

"To begin, we "know if one finally dies in sin without repentance, he goes to hell"? How do we know this? I've never seen it anywhere in the Bible. Do you have a passage?"

Luke 16:22-23 KJV
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luke 16:25 KJV
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Although, some try to water this passage down by calling it a parable. But I believe Jesus was narrating a real life story.

Very well. This response then is for anyone who may be interested in the matter that we are discussing. Feel free to ignore it. I do think that it would do you some good to actually debate some of the things that you believe, but it is your right to choose not to do so.

I appreciate your honesty about your feelings about what I said, but I believe that you are quite wrong about my teaching. You see, what is truly dangerous to believers is anything attributed to God that He, in fact, did not say. If my teaching is not in the Bible, then it is dangerous. If it is, then it is actually most beneficial for believers. The same is true for all teachings including yours too. So, the question is, does the Bible say what I argue that it says? Does it say what you argue that it says? Does it say what anyone argues that it says? If any part of the Bible is violated by anything that we claim that the Bible says, that is proof that we are at least not completely right about what the Bible teaches in the matter we are making claims about.

I don’t think that I can do you any further good by dealing with the passages that you posted. But I’ll try.

The Lord Jesus commanded us to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect, but He never said that we could be, and He never said that we have to be in order for us to be saved. The Scriptures are clear that we are saved by grace through faith and most certainly not by works of any kind.

The Lord Jesus is certainly coming for a Church without stain or wrinkle or any kind of blemish, but He is the One Who is making her so. And He does so by providing us with the Word of Truth, the Holy Spirit, and pastor-teachers to help us be clean by the Word. Romans 12:1-2 and Ephesians 4:11-16 are clear that as we learn what the Bible teaches with the help of those who are equipped to be Bible teachers, that is, the pastor-teachers and believe what we learn, we are changed by the Word of Truth to become more like Jesus Christ (see also 2 Corinthians 3, esp v.18, and James 1:25). Can we actually be behaviorally perfect? No, just as James 3:2 and 1 John 1:8 both teach. Do we need to be in order to be saved? No, just as John 3:15-18 and Ephesians 2:8-9 both teach as well.

It is true that divine discipline only changes those who submit to it, but the passage does not at all say that those who don’t end up going to hell. That would be an addition to the Word of God. What the Bible does say is that if anyone rejects the discipline and decides to stop believing in the Lord as a result, then they are no longer saved (cf. Luke 8:13). If, on the other hand, they persist in their sin and still refuse to give up their faith, they simply die as a result of God’s discipline, just as 1 Corinthians 5:5 teaches. When you emphasize “may” in that passage, I’m not sure what you expect the passage to say. Is there any other way you think it should read in English to prove that they are killed in order to save them from the Lake of Fire? Also, even if you think that “may” proves that there is a chance that they will not be saved, you cannot deny that it also proves that they are killed in order that they can have a chance to be saved. But that is not my argument. My argument is purely that they are killed so that they do not apostatize against their will.

As for 1 John 3:8-9, is it your opinion then that 1 John 1:8-2:2 is a lie or that it doesn’t mean what it says? 1 John 3:6-7 also cannot contradict what John said earlier or the rest of the Bible because the Scriptures cannot be broken. If anyone believes, then they are already righteous in the eyes of the Lord, because God’s command to us is that we believe in Jesus Christ (John 6:29; Matthew 17:5). And, of course, all those who believe will have works of righteousness to prove it, even if only a few according to the degree of their faith in the Lord (James 2:14-26; Matthew 10:42). For all passages in 1 John 3, there is this passage to keep in mind:

23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
1 John 3:23 (NIV)

It is useful to keep in mind per 1 John 3:3 that purifying ourselves is the same here as the cleansing by the washing of water through the Word in Ephesians 5:26.

As for Luke 13:23-24, you can look up 2 Thessalonians 3:2. Faith is not nearly as common as you might think it is. Very many will not be able to enter into Salvation because they will not be willing to believe the Gospel. That could be a problem that you are having right now yourself, because the bible does not allow anyone to claim any right to salvation that could be due to any effort that they themselves put in.

As for 1 Corinthians 15:34, as I have already stated, Christians are not career sinners. We are children of God. Therefore, our normal is to do the things that please God (1 John 3:22). But that is our job description, and some of us are just really bad at our jobs. That is why Paul said that he said what he said to the shame of the Corinthians. They ought not to sin, but as we see throughout the letter, they were carnal and very sinful. Didn’t mean that they would not be with the Lord if they died. That would be a foreign imposition on the text too.

As for Luke 16:22-23, I’m not one of those who thinks that it wasn’t a true story. The meaning of parable is not “made-up story,” it’s just a literary device for comparison between things, and there is no reason to think that when a story is told to show how something else is, the story is perforce fiction. Our Lord is the Truth Himself, so He never makes things up. The story was true. But I don’t see the text saying that the rich man was a believer who died sinning. That would be yet another foreign imposition on the text.

Bottom line here is that none of the texts you posted says that if anyone dies sinning without confessing they will lose their salvation. All the passages command us not to sin, just as we certainly shouldn't since we are children of God. The prime sin is unbelief. That is, in fact, what anybody will go to the Lake of Fire for. For all who believe then, God does not reckon us as sinners. If anyone pretends that they are of God though and they have no love for fellow believers, they should beware that that is a sure sign of a problem with their claim.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:06am On Oct 22, 2020
abeliver:
Death is solution to all man's problem.
Solution ke? Death is only the beginning for many of those bound for Hell. undecided
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Oct 22, 2020
CalvinGaye:
The only antidote to Sin i know is
* being filled with, and BEING VERY TRUTHFUL to the Holy Spirit.
A constant fellowship IN the Spirit is what will keep us Cognizant of Our TRUE NATURE(in the Scripture).
Unfortunately, as long as you are still human and live in this world, sin will always be around.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Unfortunately, as long as you are still human and live in this world, sin will always be around.

Very TRUE �

But remember, it's not your righteousness that set you free, rather that PERFECT WORK of Christ on the Cross. And so it will be better to see your righteousness from Christocentric angle and not your efforts. We would always err as humans, but the BELIEF and Christ-centered steadfastness in us is very important, so as not to let THE POWER OF SIN DOMINATE OUR EARTHLY LIVES (which The Lord condemned in Scriptures).

Sin have always, and will always lurk around as long as the Saints'(We the Church) Earthly life is concerned. But then, remember what God told Cain "Sin lurks around you and DESIRES TO OWN YOU, BUT YOU MUST MASTER IT"
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Kobojunkie: 7:51am On Oct 22, 2020
CalvinGaye:
Very TRUE � But remember, it's not your righteousness that set you free, rather that PERFECT WORK of Christ on the Cross. And so it will be better to see your righteousness from Christocentric angle and not your efforts.
My righteousness? Christocentric angle and not my efforts?
I am not set free by righteousness, no. We are set free from the penalty of sin i.e. death and are given, instead, eternal life when we believe in Jesus Christ. That is the Salvation that has been given us.
Righteousness, the obedience of the commandments that is Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, however, is how I qualify for a place in Heaven, instead of Hell(a place prepared for all those who believe in Jesus Christ but refuse to obey Him).
CalvinGaye:
We would always err as humans, but the BELIEF and Christ-centered steadfastness in us is very important, so as not to let THE POWER OF SIN DOMINATE OUR EARTHLY LIVES (which The Lord condemned in Scriptures).
Condemned? But Jesus Christ said He has not come to condemn but to save.
Anyways, I hold the belief that the antidote to sin is obedience.. obedience of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2020
I am not set free by righteousness, no.

Lol! YES YOU WERE
We were 100% Set free by the Perfect RIGHTEOUSNESS of Jesus Christ.

We are set free from the penalty of sin i.e. death and are given, instead, eternal life when we believe in Jesus Christ. That is the Salvation that has been given us.

Yes indeed! The Salvation was given to us freely BECAUSE of The Perfect RIGHTEOUSNESS we have which is in Christ Jehushua. It is a Gift from The Father God.

Righteousness, the obedience of the commandments that is Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, however, is how I qualify for a place in Heaven, instead of Hell(a place prepared for all those who believe in Jesus Christ but refuse to obey Him).

Yes indeed! Our belief in the eternal and Absolute Absolving Power(from Sin) of this Righteousness is the definition of our Salvation and faith
And it is the Pedestal upon which our Life and VIRTUES as Christians is based upon.
Hell is off the Picture coz one in Christ is like one already in heaven.(remember when he compared us to John the Baptist)
We just have to keep growing in Christly Wisdom and Glory(with the help of the Spirit, and his WORD) and seeking more of the Kingdom(which we are part of already).

Anyways, I hold the belief that the antidote to sin is obedience.. obedience of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. [/quote]

Understand my perspective first!
I never said God condemned Sinners!
I said He Condemned the situation of "The Power of Sin having Dominion over us" haven't you seen the scripture where it said that??
It says "Sin(and it's evil powers) shall not Reign(or dominate) your mortal Lives" There is a reason why Jesus said in Revelation that Only OVERCOMERS shall join him in his kingdom.
So when you are a born again(in Christ), I think that scripture should also be true in your life despite all human flaws.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Myer(m): 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
CalvinGaye:
I am not set free by righteousness, no.

Lol! YES YOU WERE
We were 100% Set free by the Perfect RIGHTEOUSNESS of Jesus Christ.

We are set free from the penalty of sin i.e. death and are given, instead, eternal life when we believe in Jesus Christ. That is the Salvation that has been given us.

Yes indeed! The Salvation was given to us freely BECAUSE of The Perfect RIGHTEOUSNESS we have which is in Christ Jehushua. It is a Gift from The Father God.

Yes indeed! Our belief in the eternal and Absolute Absolving Power(from Sin) of this Righteousness is the definition of our Salvation and faith
And it is the Pedestal upon which our Life and VIRTUES as Christians is based upon.
Hell is off the Picture coz one in Christ is like one already in heaven.(remember when he compared us to John the Baptist)
We just have to keep growing in Christly Wisdom and Glory(with the help of the Spirit, and his WORD) and seeking more of the Kingdom(which we are part of already).

Anyways, I hold the belief that the antidote to sin is obedience.. obedience of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.

Understand my perspective first!
I never said God condemned Sinners!
I said He Condemned the situation of "The Power of Sin having Dominion over us" haven't you seen the scripture where it said that??
It says "Sin(and it's evil powers) shall not Reign(or dominate) your mortal Lives" There is a reason why Jesus said in Revelation that Only OVERCOMERS shall join him in his kingdom.
So when you are a born again(in Christ), I think that scripture should also be true in your life despite all human flaws.

The bible is an intriguing religious book but it is to be taken as just that lest it makes you another religious fanatic.

While Christians claim the Holy spirit reveals things to them, Muslims likewise revelations in their own prayers too.

Irreligious people share similar claim but is called Intuition or gut-feeling.
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Myer(m): 8:05am On Jan 04, 2021
jonatoye:

WORD FOR TODAY
Scriptural Reference
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emphasis:

It's not all sins you can flee from.

Can you flee from Pride, Bitterness, Envy?
Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
Samchimezie:

Obedience To All Agreement Without Differenciating The Kind Of Agreement If Really Is From God Kind Of Agreement Or The Devil's..........
Yes, Obedience to all of the commandddments set before one by Jesus Christ is indeed the only antidote to sin.. This as stated in John 6

1 Like

Re: The Only Antidote For Sin by Mystery9(m): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
MrzeroEmotions:
You christians, don't out ever get tired of being brainwashed? Keep giving tithes to oyedepo and adeboye. Smh
I feel ur pain. If you are a normal human being, you better seek God now that he may be found. But if you are a humanoid sorry your case has been settled. Jesus Christ is real. Don't say you were not told in the afterlife. That is if you are a real human!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop David Abioye Sunday Messages, Wednesday And International Message For Fre / How Would You Describe Jesus? / Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.