Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast (29764 Views)

Mass Burial For Victims Of Owo Terrorists Attack. Full Names And Pictures / #EndSARS: Governor Oyetola Joins Protest, Escapes Assassination Attempt / Full Text Of Ambode's World Press Conference (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2020
sammyj490:

NO! OSUN STATE GOVERNOR WAS NOT ATTACKED BY #ENDSARS PROTESTERS.

(A REPLY TO THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND NUJ OSUN)

The Facts:

¶ Protests have started for about eight days in the state, and it has been peaceful until the Governor came yesterday.

¶ Three days ago, thugs loyal to Governor Oyetola, led by Asiri Eniba attacked protesters with Axes and Guns, searching for Olawale Mandate to kill him.

¶ Two days ago, many youths came out to join the protests to repel the political thugs, and they were successfully repelled

¶ Yesterday, the state switched it up a notch after attacking the protesters with thugs in the morning and the protesters regrouped. The governor led the thugs in his convoy to the protest ground while already planting some of them on ground.

¶ Upon arrival of the Governor he was asked to speak to the crowd of protesters, but he was not prepared to do that since he was forced to appear before the protests after eight days.

¶ Because of his lack of preparation to address protesters, the governor claimed the Public address system was not working and made that an excuse to leave the protest grounds without addressing the protesters demands in front of the press.

¶ The #EndSARS protesters then disagreed with the Governor and demanded an answer to the cases of police brutality in the state.

¶ The Governor then replied with a threat to ram his convoy through the protesters if they do not move out of his way.

¶ This infuriated the protesters (who have now grown in numbers because of the presence of the Governor) and many decided to sit in front of the Governor's car to demand political accountability from him.

¶ The Governor then rammed his convoy through the crowd and policemen and thugs attached to his convoy were ordered to shoot at protesters and passersby.

¶ This led to a chaos in which most of the peaceful protest organisers fled the scene, and angry youths in the state defended themselves against the violence of the governor and his touts.

¶ In the chaos, one person Kamil Olalekan died by gunshot, and many other protesters and youths were injured. Some later died of the fatal injury they got from either gunshot or being rammed by the Governor's convoy.

¶ The Governor then ordered his thugs to unleash violence on protesters and youths across the state in which another person was murdered at Oke-Ayepe, Oshogbo.

¶ The need to blackmail the protesters accounts for the mainstream media reports that the Governor was attacked despite no casualty on the Governor's side.

¶ Complicit in this blackmail of peaceful #EndSARS protesters, is the OSUN State chapter of the NUJ whose member Toyin Yusuf, a popular government propagandist for OSBC in the state, claims to have been injured by protesters, without any evidence of the injury.

¶ To further seal the extent of the complicity of the NUJ in the state, an executive of the journalists Union was recently appointed by the Governor into his team.

¶ To further seal this blackmail and make it hard for the protests to continue peacefully, thugs loyal to the Governor and agent provocateurs were ordered by the governor to loot OSUN Mall, the Post Office, etc, so as to heap that blame on protesters.

¶ Already, one of the popular faces of the protests in the state, Olawale Bakare Mandate who was abducted on the spot during the chaos by the DSS, is being framed for the looting that happened after his illegitimate arrest.

FINALLY, This is more reason why peaceful protests must continue in the state against police and 'state boys' (fascist political thugs) brutality, by the protesting youths. The protests must continue for the memory of Kamil Olalekan and others. A peaceful candlelight procession is being organised to carry their coffins to the front of the state house in protest. This is why all protesters from across the state must make it down to Osogbo to assert the power of peaceful protests whenever the next protest is called. This is
Thank you for this detailed analysis.
Re: EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast by ejimatic: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2020
powerfulguy:
#Osun #EndSARS Mr Governor’s Broadcast(Text)

My dear Good People of the State of Osun,

Yesterday evening,political thugs&hoodlums made an unsuccessful attempt on my life and those of my aides while identifying with our beloved youths who were engaging in legitimate protest against the alleged brutality of the now disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

My entourage and I had joined protesters from Alekuwodo area to Olaiya Junction chanting solidarity songs and encouraging them along the way. During the course of my address to the protesters to reiterate our cooperation and support, political thugs hijacked the exercise and hurled stones and dangerous weapons at us and vandalised several cars in my convoy.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the commando style with which the assailants carried out their attack leaves no one in doubt that it was deliberate and pre-planned. However, not the genuine protesters resulted to violence.

And the preliminary investigation further revealed that no live bullet was fired at the rampaging political thugs. Not even one canister of teargas was fired. Therefore, no life was lost at the scene of the incident. I was properly evacuated to safety.

Regrettably, two lives were reportedly lost. While sympathizing with the families of the diseased, it must however be noted that one of the said deaths which was caused by a lone motorcycle accident occurred around 12noon, long before I got to the protest ground.

The second death was said to have occurred around Ayepe, about 5 kilometers away from Olaiya where we held the protest.

I have directed that the incidents be properly investigated with a view to ascertaining the cause of the deaths.

By this week, we shall be setting up a Judicial Panel of Enquiry in line with the directive of the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, to investigate all related cases of abuse and brutality by the disbanded SARS. This panel will also be investigating yesterday’s attack.

What happened on Saturday is objectionable, unacceptable and a blight to the Omoluabi ethos that the State of Osun stands for.

Attempt on the life of the governor cannot be planned by the youths who constituted over 60 per cent of the voters that elected us into office and have embarked on successful and peaceful road walks with us several times in the past.

Osun youths who are the original #EndSARS protesters have travelled the road of building a better Osun with us and we have been on the lane of delivering a better and prosperous Osun together. This assassination attempt cannot come from them.

Our Administration had identified with the youths from Day One of the protest in the belief that protest is a legitimate right of the citizenry and a core component of democracy. On the day one of the protest, Senior Government Officials were at the Nelson Mandela Freedom Park to identify with and later address the protesters.

Also, Senior Officers of the Government addressed them at the Gate of the State Secretariat, Abere, on the fourth day to identify with the protesters, pledged our solidarity to their cause and promised to deliver their demands to the President. Those demands have since been met by Mr. President.

The protesters had engaged in peaceful demonstration for the first two days before it was later hijacked in the last five days. In fact, we had cause to raise the alarm last Wednesday to the effect that the protest had been hijacked.

Again, earlier yesterday, our party did raise another alarm that identified political thugs were seen brandishing dangerous weapons while following the protesters.

It is unfortunate that yesterday’s protest which started peacefully was allowed to degenerate into a dangerous enterprise and a huge danger to the lives and properties of the people that we are called out to protect. This is unacceptable.

Consequently,as a responsible &responsive govt,we will do everything within the ambit of the law to protect the lives&properties of our people.All citizens&residents are enjoined to be law abiding as any person found contravening the law shall be made to face the wrath of the law.

We commit to the cause of our youths and the #EndSARS protesters and shall do everything to ensure that their demands are met.

I enjoin all our citizens to be peaceful and to be law abiding as all efforts shall be made to protect them and their property.

Rest assured that we are on top of the situation.We shall fish out the perpetrators of this dastardly act and bring them to justice.We shall not condone any act that will compromise the lives of our people & the hard-won ranking of our State as the most peaceful state in Nigeria.

As a responsible government, we will do everything in our powers to protect the lives and property of our people.

May God continue to bless and keep the State of Osun.

Thank you and God bless.
https://twitter.com/StateofOsun/status/1317741438122250240?s=19
. The protesters were attacked by the hoodlums whose purpose was to assassinate the governor and his deputy so that a fresh election would take place in Osun.This is disgraceful and disappointingly. In order to cause distraction the satanic people began looting Osun Mall and set Osogbo post office on fire.Who is behind them ? Who is sponsoring them? Whether they like it or not the hoodlums will not succeed in their plans.The End SARS protest will continue and the governor with his deputy will successfully govern Osun .
Re: EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast by anochuko01(m): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2020
Nobody asked politicians to join protest abeg. Let them Goan work on people's demands and stop famzing protesters.
Re: EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast by Amos1423(m): 8:26am On Oct 19, 2020
He said no life was lost but didn't his convoy hit protesters while spading away as seen in the video?

Till now this man is still committed to nonsense press release, i hope their children don't get to live beyond 2020

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast by adekolaelect(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2020
Soro so ke

Re: EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast by Fragility6: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2020
chinchum:
I knew it. dumb as Zap. Common sense should tell you for the governor to address protesters , the convoy of cars will be stationary or close to stationary. Don't invite me to your low level . I won't reply your gibberish again.
Re: EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast by Fragility6: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2020
chinchum:
I knew it. dumb as Zap. Common sense should tell you for the governor to address protesters , the convoy of cars will be stationary or close to stationary. Don't invite me to your low level . I won't reply your gibberish again.
I never wanted to reply you again but am ready to get dirty with a pig like you. Car will be stationary to address or close to stationary to address protesters. see how confused and stupid you sound . You are not even sure of yourself. If the said governor was attacked when he was addressing the protesters,was the car supposed to be the target or the governor himself. Even Ram no get diz ur drab thinking. Open mouth to yan dust
Re: EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast by Zeesugar(f): 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
I lent The whole thing is under investigation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissioned Largest Rice Mill In Africa In Lagos / VP Kashim Shettima Visits Muhammadu Buhari In Daura / Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.