Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,598,088 members, 6,029,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 December 2020 at 11:18 AM

BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? (7446 Views)

Abule Ado Pipeline Explosion: BBC Report Contradicts NNPC Claims / Nigerians React As Governors From Nigeria Republic Receive PMB In Kano / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:06pm On Oct 18
#SouthNigeriaRepublic

Is it possible to divide Nigeria into two like it was before 1914 amalgamation by Lugard?

The 17 states of South Nigeria can become a country with capital in Lagos

We can assume 50% of Nigeria's assets and liabilities

We can be able to restructure the way we want and go on to become the most powerful country in Africa

Let's trend #SouthNigeriaRepublic just the way the north trended #ArewaTwitter
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-16510922

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:07pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
#SouthNigeriaRepublic

Is it possible to divide Nigeria into two like it was before 1914 amalgamation by Lugard?

The 17 states of South Nigeria can become a country with capital in Lagos

We can assume 50% of Nigeria's assets and liabilities

We can be able to restructure the way we want and go on to become the most powerful country in Africa

Let's trend #SouthNigeriaRepublic just the way the north trended #ArewaTwitter

the link opens to a BBC Report about a divided Nigeria

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Kundagarten: 2:08pm On Oct 18
The only region not viable is Arewa Republic.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Igbochief001(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18
selemempe:

Southern Nigeria is viable absolutely ...but lagos can't be capital ...not at all ...the capital of southern Nigeria was calabar ...it should remain so

Or we pick the center

37 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:09pm On Oct 18
Kundagarten:
The only region not viable is Arewa Republic.
you are correct bro

11 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:10pm On Oct 18
Igbochief001:

Southern Nigeria is viable absolutely ...but lagos can't be capital ...not at all ...the capital of southern Nigeria was calabar ...it should remain so

Or we pick the center
I understand what you mean but Lagos has already developed infrastructure and reputation. But Benin city is also reasonable

20 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Igbochief001(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
I understand what you mean but Lagos has already developed infrastructure and reputation. But Benin city is also reasonable
It's too crowded ...the capital should not be in yoruba or igbo land ...simple ..if u want unity that's key ....a neutral ground should be developed

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fabyom: 2:27pm On Oct 18
I support you on this. I would prefer Akwa-Ibom
Igbochief001:

It's too crowded ...the capital should not be in yoruba or igbo land ...simple ..if u want unity that's key ....a neutral ground should be developed

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by omenka(m): 2:28pm On Oct 18
Unity beggar. You people must get your EXCLUSIVE biafra. No one is forming a nation with you. After all the insults and attacks, you're begging for a Southern Nigerian Country?

On biafra you stand, biafra will you get.

And stop trying to mislead those too lazy to open the link you've provided. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what you've written or the current events.

The sooner you deployed this propaganda to cardhjng out Kanus assignments, the better for you. Benue will NEVER form a country with South East.

24 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:29pm On Oct 18
fabyom:
I support you on this. I would prefer Akwa-Ibom
Akwaibom are peaceful people. But do you think we can get South Nigeria Republic?
How can we get it. Should IPOB merge with who and who in the west and south?

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by HAccord: 2:30pm On Oct 18
omenka:
Unity beggar. You people must get your EXCLUSIVE biafra. No one is forming a nation with you. After all the insults and attacks, you're begging for a Southern Nigerian Country?

And stop trying to mislead those too lazy to open the link you've provided. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what you've written or the current events.

The sooner you deployed this propaganda to cardhjng out Kanus assignments, the better for you. Benue will NEVER form a country with South East.

Painment wan finish this abokii sokoto gudali goat. grin grin

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:34pm On Oct 18
HAccord:

Painment wan finish this abokii sokoto gudali goat. grin grin
leave the abokì let him be following me from thread to thread. Omenka we don't want you and your people. Stop itttt ogbeni.

We love yorubas, especially the Christians and would love to be in a country with them

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Oshigun: 2:36pm On Oct 18
Igbochief001:

Or we pick the center

Stop fooling yourself. Yorubas will never join Igbos in any Southern Nigeria republic. We are opposite at everything and cannot share a nation as equals.

If, and it is a big if, we want to leave Nigeria then we would only agitate for break-up so you go your Biafra way and we go ours.

A nation with Yorubas and Igbos as equals is impossible. Yorubas can open the door welcomingly for any other ethnic group wishing to join us in our independent nation but never Igbos.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 18
Nothing like southern Nigeria.... SW and SS/SE

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:38pm On Oct 18
Oshigun:

Stop fooling yourself. Yorubas will never join Igbos in any Southern Nigeria republic. We are opposite at everything and cannot share a nation as equals.

If, and it is a big if, we want to leave Nigeria then we would only agitate for break-up so you go your Biafra way and we go ours.

A nation with Yorubas and Igbos as equals is impossible. Yorubas can open the door welcomingly for any other ethnic group wishing to join us in our independent nation but never Igbos.
no insults here please. Don't call the great Igbo tribes as not being your equals. Even the Fulani don't call other North tribes as not being their equal.
Anyway you must be a yoruba Moslem. That's why we love yorubas Christians

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:42pm On Oct 18
T9ksy:

Hell no......as too much water has passed under the bridge. Am certain, you Ipobs don't want anything to do with afonjas, ewedu muslims, sophisticated mo.r.o.ns, Yoruba ati bebelo.
yes we don't want anything to do with those you mentioned but we can work with omoluabis to achieve a great nation.
Those you mentioned can never be omoluabis

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Oshigun: 2:43pm On Oct 18
MinorityOpinion:
Nothing like southern Nigeria.... SW and SS/SE

100% correct. All what we are saying is just fantasy talk. If reality is upon us, not one single ethnic group will agree to join Igbos, a difficult and oppressively discriminatory people, in Biafra.

Certainly Yorubas will never entertain the idea of being in the same nation with Igbos if Nigeria seperates.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by kilonshele101(m): 2:45pm On Oct 18
I prefer southern Nigeria alliance excluding Biafra.

no sane Yoruba can agree on forming a nation with the igbo

we're opposite in every way
we don't discriminate despite our religious diversity
we no dey over do on another person's territory
we're omoluabi

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Oshigun: 2:46pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
no insults here please. Don't call the great Igbo tribes as not being your equals. Even the Fulani don't call other North tribes as not being their equal.
Anyway you must be a yoruba Moslem. That's why we love yorubas Christians

No insult brother. You may love Yoruba Christian but all Yorubas, Moslem, Christians and even animists, will want nothing to do with Igbos whether Christian, Moslem, Hindu, Bhuddist, Jewish or whatever.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Igbochief001(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18
Oshigun:

That's your opinion ...Igbos are at home in Biafra ...simple , I personally is not against the idea of southern Nigeria , it's not bad idea if it can work

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 18
Oshigun:

100% correct. All what we are saying is just fantasy talk. If reality is upon us, not one single ethnic group will agree to join Igbos, a difficult and oppressively discriminatory people, in Biafra.

Certainly Yorubas will never entertain the idea of being in the same nation with Igbos if Nigeria seperates.

I swear with the reality I'm seeing now I want Nigeria to break up very fast.... Like super fast.... Let everyone go to his region and oppress their grandfathers

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by plessis: 2:50pm On Oct 18
How about we achieve the goal first, after which, decide if we can be together or not....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Bkayyy: 2:51pm On Oct 18
These yorubas can be funny. Which one is southern Nigeria with Igbo and the capital in Lagos.
Ndi ara if ụna no want "domination" push for your nonsense with only Niger Delta.
Infact we dash una Ikwerre and Ọgba as a sign of our support and love

6 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by seunmsg(m): 2:52pm On Oct 18
Southern Nigeria Republic shocked shocked shocked

It would be a miracle if the country last for more than four years. If we can’t make a united Nigeria work, a southern Nigeria will not work. Northerners are not the problem of Nigeria, Nigerians are the problem. We are all the problem. We either make Nigeria work or we go our individual ways.

16 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Lipscomb(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18
cheesy
omenka:

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by omenka(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18
kilonshele101:
I prefer southern Republic minus Biafra.

no sane Yoruba can agree on forming a nation with the igbo

we're opposite in every way
we don't discriminate despite our religious diversity
we no dey over do on another person's territory
Southern Nigeria, yes. Southern Nigeria with South East, hell No!!

Let them have their biafra in peace. It is what they want that's what they'd get.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Bkayyy: 2:54pm On Oct 18
Oshigun:

You think the great Igbos will like to share a country with you average ethnocentric black Africans.
Direct your anger to your brother that is shoving Southern Nigeria down our throats.
Check his profile, there is "TAWHID" on it.
Alaigbo is a goal. Form whatever you want to form with Niger Delta

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThatFairGuy1: 2:55pm On Oct 18
Fvck Southern Nigeria where Ndi Igbo will be calling me a Terrorist, demonize me, insult and assault me, denies me of my God givien right ALL BECAUSE I AM A MUSLIM.

Fvck Southern Nigeria. I can't share country with who'll hate me.

Besides, this is just a gimmick from them neither do they like Yoruba Christian Or is Oshinbajo a Muslim?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThePlainTruth: 2:55pm On Oct 18
Igbochief001:

Or we pick the center

Rotation of the capital every 5 years. It's not fair for the capital to ramain in one region only.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThatFairGuy1: 2:57pm On Oct 18
omenka:
Southern Nigeria, yes. Southern Nigeria with South East, hell No!!

Let them have their biafra in peace. It is what they want that's what they'd get.
Apt. I can NEVER share country with South East, THEY'RE WORSE. VERY INTOLERANT

7 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AregbeFufu(f): 2:57pm On Oct 18
omenka:

Omenka is out in full force to try to re-establish the false narrative that he's from Benue cheesy
A Benue man that worships fulani balls despite the fact that they turned his state to a graveyard,yet his problem is the inclusion of his state in Biafra.
A Benue man that defends his god Tinubu like a hired assassin, anyone that attacks his god is Igbo according to him. We know the people that checks all those boxes and their religion cheesy
Omenka,we know where you're from and your religion cheesy.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV / Ogun Awards Six-lane Road Contract To Chinese Company / Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.