Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,595,126 members, 6,020,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 November 2020 at 05:34 AM

BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? (7397 Views)

Abule Ado Pipeline Explosion: BBC Report Contradicts NNPC Claims / Nigerians React As Governors From Nigeria Republic Receive PMB In Kano / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by omenka(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18
Ishilove:
Except you and Mo of course. cheesy

Dem dey always wan look for my trouble. But if I attempt to give it to them, they go "you have no respect for women". Meanwhile, I've got a lot of respect for them, reason why I'd rather not engage them at all.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Oshigun: 4:39pm On Oct 18
AniOmaa:
See useless Yorubanza pigs trying to feel funky over nothing, awon butterflies thinking they are birds grin abeg which sane Igbo will even share the same geographical space with a bunch of self-absorbed low reasoning fetish animals whose trademarks in life are to rape and dehumanize women, involve themselves in morbid ritual killings(highest index of ritual murders in Nigeria happens in the SW region actually), practice incest - father fuvking daughter and the likes) and other diabolical vices? God forbid such abomination... I would rather import lepers from Chad and Mauritania as fellow countrymen than share the same space with these tiger claw faced subhumans.

Lol. The resounding and united rejection of Igbos from all Yorubas in this thread hurts deeply ba?

Welcome to reality oponu. Not that fantasy world most of you Igbos live in where you see yourselves as wonderful and desirable. The reality, I'm afraid, is rather very different bruv.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Bkayyy: 4:42pm On Oct 18
Oshigun:

Lol. Dumb Villagers. Abeg, I am a gentleman and don't insult women so will let your asinine comment slide. Suffice to say that your women are far from perfect.

Believe, that is the most gracious way I can put it to an unexposed hamlet dweller like you who thinks fair skin automatically equates beauty.

Your men I won't even comment on. Joker.

LOL. I don't know why poor people assume people live like them.
As you are a westerner I can really see where your mentality is coming from.
Of all the things you can say about Ndigbo it is their women you will make up a propaganda for and carry on your head for them to fall for it and reason your matter.
You are really enslaved by their beauty and both of us can't help it
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gregyboy(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18
ThePlainTruth:

No every region should have an equal level of development so the best option is:
Rotation of the capital every 5 or 10 years.

Bro,every region will be leaving from their earnings no need for laziness anymore, federal powers will be decreased

There will be no need to help lazy state to build their state by giving them capital which may even cause us waste of resources and prone us to external security attacks since our capital can be predicted next,

As a mattee of fact it would be a waste of federal fund

It is what you make fron your state you will use to develop your state , there be no fedral help or allocation, so moving the capital to several state for developmental purposes will amount to nothing...

Because at the end of the day state that will be poor will be poor and state that would be rich would be rich

Example see Washington dc, which is the capital compare it to new york interms of popularity and influence

The capital of cities does not prompt development especially when it is not stationary it will not have any lasting effect to state that wonr be prosperous,

The advantages of rotary capital would be far worse than its advantages

1) may set in a lasting disunity in the country
2) makes some state lazy
3)waste of money that would be used for other necessary activities

The best we can have is a balanced capital,

In the sense that some few facilities could be stationed in variuos region to balance political power, eg military power can be stationed in the South South on a neutral ground, economic capital lagos in the west, the east could get industrial capital, then the main capital would be for administration

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gregyboy(m): 4:49pm On Oct 18
Yoruba and igbo mumu ehnn

If thess two people have their own country nothing will ever come out from the two

I mean nothing yorubas wont even be boosting of Lagos again if they are not aware

South south even tend to be more prosperous than the two big fools always dividing southern nigeria with their self hate

Two big tribes ruled by aboki and they still have mouth to talk

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Ishilove(f): 4:49pm On Oct 18
omenka:
Except you and Mo of course. cheesy

Dem dey always wan look for my trouble. But if I attempt to give it to them, they go "you have no respect for women". Meanwhile, I've got a lot of respect for them, reason why I'd rather not engage them at all.
Fair enough wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gregyboy(m): 4:52pm On Oct 18
If you ask both tribe what do they have to survive

They will have nothing to say

The yorubas will boost on lagos which will be a shadow of itself if nigeria breaks

The east would boost of it natural industry prowess but when you check their igr you will weep

Instead of coming together they are fighting

South south they look una mumu e go soon ripe
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThePlainTruth: 4:57pm On Oct 18
In that case each region should form a country of ther own and allow free trade with each other.

gregyboy:

Bro,every region will be leaving from their earnings no need for laziness anymore, federal powers will be decreased

There will be no need to help lazy state to build their state by giving them capital which may even cause us waste of resources and prone us to external security attacks since our capital can be predicted next,

As a mattee of fact it would be a waste of federal fund

It is what you make fron your state you will use to develop your state , there be no fedral help or allocation, so moving the capital to several state for developmental purposes will amount to nothing...

Because at the end of the day state that will be poor will be poor and state that would be rich would be rich

Example see Washington dc, which is the capital compare it to new york interms of popularity and influence

The capital of cities does not prompt development especially when it is not stationary it will not have any lasting effect to state that wonr be prosperous,

The advantages of rotary capital would be far worse than its advantages

1) may set in a lasting disunity in the country
2) makes some state lazy
3)waste of money that would be used for other necessary activities

The best we can have is a balanced capital,

In the sense that some few facilities could be stationed in variuos region to balance political power, eg military power can be stationed in the South South on a neutral ground, economic capital lagos in the west, the east could get industrial capital, then the main capital would be for administration

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by nsiba: 4:58pm On Oct 18
selemempe:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-16510922

Oh boy, why are you just hopeless?
Just because Arewa do one thing you will follow, follow?
Can't you be your 4kin self and stand one thing?
Even the BBC you quote its nothing but a lie, must you LIE?
Since you want to LIE LIE and Follow follow nothing good will you achieve

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by wonder233: 4:58pm On Oct 18
The fighting has started even before the republic is achieved. I laugh in Spanish. These foreign interests are goading you guys to kill yourselves
selemempe:
I understand what you mean but Lagos has already developed infrastructure and reputation. But Benin city is also reasonable
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AniOmaa: 5:13pm On Oct 18
Oshigun:

Lol. The resounding and united rejection of Igbos from all Yorubas in this thread hurts deeply ba?

Welcome to reality oponu. Not that fantasy world most of you Igbos live in where you see yourselves as wonderful and desirable. The reality, I'm afraid, is rather very different bruv.
Bros nobody holy pass, immorality and vices of all kinds exist in all human civilizations. But you hypocritical yaribanza pigs are the LEAST people to become moral advocates for Igbos, that's like a serial killer advising a mass murderer to stop killing people en masse. You talk about Corporal Nwafor and his SARS escapades in Anambra state, but the Igbo masses have long been calling out the macabre practices and excesses of Cpl. Nwafor, justice is finally breathing down his neck and it won't be long before the bastard is made to answer for his crimes. Have you yaribanza pigs condemned the ritual killings going on in your region in nearly astronomical numbers? it wasn't long ago when the news broke the internet on Soka forest in Ibadan where you kill human beings for various fetish means and dump their remains to rot- it was the biggest scandalous act of its kind the year it broke the cyber-wave...i didn't hear your useless sanctimonious opinions on that one. I'm 100% sure there are worse versions of ANAMBRA-SARS incidents going on in your region, but your gutter media won't talk about that one. Bloody hypocrite!

6 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Misterdhee1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
the current protests proves otherwise. The south is more United than ever
Simply because Sars is a common enemy. Anything beyond that, the protest will die a natural death.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Misterdhee1(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18
AregbeFufu:

True, igbos and Yorubas can never exist in a new country.
I'm certainly not going to live in a country where skull mining will be legalized. And agberos will be police.
Haha.. But you or the larger part of your family members most likely reside in ogun or Lagos state. You're shameless
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AregbeFufu(f): 5:20pm On Oct 18
Misterdhee1:

Haha.. But you or the larger part of your family members most likely reside in ogun or Lagos state. You're shameless
I and my family members reside in Enugu.
Tueh for me to live in that skull mining free trade zone.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by naija4life247: 5:20pm On Oct 18
Kundagarten:
The only region not viable is Arewa Republic.

But Arewa existed before Nigeria and they lived happily.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 5:21pm On Oct 18
nsiba:

Oh boy, why are you just hopeless?
Just because Arewa do one thing you will follow, follow?
Can't you be your 4kin self and stand one thing?
Even the BBC you quote its nothing but a lie, must you LIE?
Since you want to LIE LIE and Follow follow nothing good will you achieve
why do you seem afraid of Nigeria dividing?
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 5:22pm On Oct 18
naija4life247:

But Arewa existed before Nigeria and they lived happily.
and we hope you guys can go back to existing without Nigeria and remaining happy. Is that too much to ask

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 5:23pm On Oct 18
Misterdhee1:

Simply because Sars is a common enemy. Anything beyond that, the protest will die a natural death.
Hausa Fulani is also a common enemy

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:24pm On Oct 18
No it is not viable. .

We want a country where Igbo is first language. Ask BBC, will all southerners accept Igbo as their first language?

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Misterdhee1(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18
AregbeFufu:

I and my family members reside in Enugu.
Tueh for me to live in that skull mining free trade zone.
That means your people residing in those states in their millions are bastards grin

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Shile981(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18
Igbochief001:

Southern Nigeria is viable absolutely ...but lagos can't be capital ...not at all ...the capital of southern Nigeria was calabar ...it should remain so

Or we pick the center

E don happen, we never divide Nigeria, u don dey fight over Capital or no capital.. I laff in Chinese
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Misterdhee1(m): 5:26pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
Hausa Fulani is also a common enemy
Maybe. But igbos have nothing to offer yorubas other than hate and blames. So being friends from afar would be a better cause to come together for.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AregbeFufu(f): 5:26pm On Oct 18
Misterdhee1:

That means your people residing in those states in their millions are bastards grin
Which millions? In Lagos I agree, that's no man's land.
But Ogun,what are igbos looking for there except the ones that want to specialize in body part merchandising.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 5:27pm On Oct 18
gregyboy:
Yoruba and igbo mumu ehnn

If thess two people have their own country nothing will ever come out from the two

I mean nothing yorubas wont even be boosting of Lagos again if they are not aware

South south even tend to be more prosperous than the two big fools always dividing southern nigeria with their self hate

Two big tribes ruled by aboki and they still have mouth to talk

Nonsense
I be Igbo but e dey pain me pass. The problem is yoruba Móslems tho....they tend to have affinity with the north. They also inter marry ...they will never accept any condition that makes them leave the north
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by nsiba: 5:28pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
why do you seem afraid of Nigeria dividing?

Why is that you NEVER know what you want?
Why are you running from one end to another trying to curry favour?
You think deceit and propaganda will lead you anywhere?

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by nsiba: 5:31pm On Oct 18
AregbeFufu:

But Ogun,what are igbos looking for there except the ones that want to specialize in body part merchandising.

Go to Badagry, Ikorudu, Agege and Epe and repeat this nonsense
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:31pm On Oct 18
gregyboy:

Benin city would be fine for historic attractions,

Lagos would Remain the economic hub,

Why did midwest call referendum in 1963? Was it not to complain of marginalization under oduduwa? Why do you want to leave marginalization under nigeria to embrace marginalization under a so-called southern nigeria? Benin existed before colonial. You were called the greatest kingdom in bight of benin. Have you forgotten how to be great? or maybe it was just pr and you were never great to begin with.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Misterdhee1(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18
AregbeFufu:

Same way akwuzu where thousands have been killed for no just cause by an ebonyi man is a no man's land. grin. In fact, okija is the only real igbo state - and they don't mine skull there, they only trade in human parts. tongue

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Hedonisco: 5:35pm On Oct 18
I've been at the forefront of this proposal. Finally, people are seeing reason why a Republic of Southern Nigeria is the best option for everyone of us on this side of the divide.

The synergy in diversity would be powerful... closest thing to the United States of America in Africa. United in fundamental principles, socio-economic outlook, and way of life, which is the most important thing.

Besides, there would be no ojoro or marginalisation cries per se, because everyone is enlightened and 'open eyed'. Everyone knows what's up. Everyone is capable. Ojoro cancel. The constitution and laws would take care of everyone by entrenching equity and merit based on objective parameters. Rapid development would be inevitable.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AregbeFufu(f): 5:35pm On Oct 18
nsiba:

Go to Badagry, Ikorudu, Agege and Epe and repeat this nonsense
nye nye nye nye...abegi close mouth, Ewedu is smelling.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:37pm On Oct 18
nsiba:

Why is that you NEVER know what you want?
Why are you running from one end to another trying to curry favour?
You think deceit and propaganda will lead you anywhere?

This protest has revealed the truth about individuals behind some monikers.

They hid their anti-south agenda behind monikers no one would suspect and caused division and hatred amongst southerners. The truth is now coming out as they struggle to defend their ulterior motives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor / Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack / Suntai’s Aides Return From German Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.