Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,595,133 members, 6,020,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 November 2020 at 06:12 AM

BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? (7400 Views)

Abule Ado Pipeline Explosion: BBC Report Contradicts NNPC Claims / Nigerians React As Governors From Nigeria Republic Receive PMB In Kano / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by iReddington: 5:37pm On Oct 18
To be honest and blunt ehn, lol...I can never share a country with Igbos, i no even wish am for my enemy sef, they are just just too hateful nd intolerant. They hate everybody, and the segregation will be too bad. Sorry to say.
I even pray they get their Biafra soon.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AregbeFufu(f): 5:38pm On Oct 18
Misterdhee1:

Same way akwuzu where thousands have been killed for no just cause by an ebonyi man is a no man's land. grin. In fact, okija is the only real igbo state - and they don't mine skull there, they only trade in human parts. tongue
Off point.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gregyboy(m): 5:40pm On Oct 18
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Why did midwest call referendum in 1963? Was it not to complain of marginalization under oduduwa? Why do you want to leave marginalization under nigeria to embrace marginalization under a so-called southern nigeria? Benin existed before colonial. You were called the greatest kingdom in bight of benin. Have you forgotten how to be great? or maybe it was just pr and you were never great to begin with.

We can give southern nigeria a try i can bet my life it would work,

Edo is still great, edo is a god blessed divine state in as much as we are blessed god has also blessed other state or country that would be surrounded by edo, just as much as we need you all, southern nigeria still needs edo state for her bravery and historical figure.....

Edo would not rest till southern nigeria get its freedom we will keep protesting in benin

Please give southern nigeria a chance

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Admissionclass: 5:40pm On Oct 18
If you guys so much hate Ndigbo why not let us go nitoti olohun.. cheesy cheesy
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Ikinternational: 5:40pm On Oct 18
Nairaland is the home of stupid takes. Smh
Men that can BARELY run a household on here forming opinion makers.
Even your woman struggles to follow your lead. But on nairaland you're King Wisdom. Fuvck outta here Mr Self Appointed Tribal Spokesman

Focus on getting your house in order. Before coming here to play advisor
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by afube: 5:41pm On Oct 18
MinorityOpinion:

I swear with the reality I'm seeing now I want Nigeria to break up very fast.... Like super fast.... Let everyone go to his region and oppress their grandfathers

moomoo personified !!
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gregyboy(m): 5:43pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
I be Igbo but e dey pain me pass. The problem is yoruba Móslems tho....they tend to have affinity with the north. They also inter marry ...they will never accept any condition that makes them leave the north

When we have a southern nigeria they will all see reason to convert lets overlook them for now

I personally see the division you talk about but this is not the best time to show our weaknesses

Please not at all if you see anyone doing such kill it, before he starts it

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:44pm On Oct 18
Hedonisco:
I've been at the forefront of this proposal. Finally, people are seeing reason why Southern Nigeria is a great option for everyone of us on this side of the divide. The synergy in diversity would be incredible. The closest thing to the United States of America in Africa. United in fundamental principles, socio-economic outlook, and way of life, which is the most important thing.

We are tired of speaking the english man language. We want to speak oyr own as first choice.

We will continue to join hands with yoruba in this protest until we #EndNigeria.

Northerners using divide and rule tactics by pushing posts to suggest Southern region or Southern nation. We see your motive.

We will work together, yoruba/igbo and kill Nigeria. Say no to nigeria, say no to southern nigeria.

Separate culture,separate language but in a unity of purpose to defeat and demolish everything nigeria stand for

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by nsiba: 5:46pm On Oct 18
AregbeFufu:

nye nye nye nye...abegi close mouth, Ewedu is smelling.

Check my posts very well, I never for once banter with women. If you are shameless plz look for those kind of men

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gregyboy(m): 5:47pm On Oct 18
ThePlainTruth:
In that case each region should form a country of ther own and allow free trade with each other.

Nope free trade, lol, funny guy.....

How many years will the free trade unite them or last....

Chill regionalism is what we want, were we will attack our weaknesses from the insight of the now nigeria

We will be great

Southern part of nigeria is the face of nigeria, if we divide then there was never a nigeria

I support southern nigeria we can have economic
Free trade with northern nigeria

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 5:52pm On Oct 18
gregyboy:

When we have a southern nigeria they will all see reason to convert lets overlook them for now

I personally see the division you talk about but this is not the best time to show our weaknesses

Please not at all if you see anyone doing such kill it, before he starts it
nice one
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by afube: 5:52pm On Oct 18
ThatFairGuy1:

With this level of hate shown publicly to other Nigerians by Ndi Igbo, if you guys have power, You'll be brutal than Hitler.

The first Nigeria couple is still there as evidence

the coup that was plotted by action group and the united kingdom. we know the full story nah
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:53pm On Oct 18
gregyboy:

We can give southern nigeria a try i can bet my life it would work,

Edo is still great, edo is a god blessed divine state in as much as we are blessed god has also blessed other state or country that would be surrounded by edo, just as much as we need you all, southern nigeria still needs edo state for her bravery and historical figure.....

Edo would not rest till southern nigeria get its freedom we will keep protesting in benin

Please give southern nigeria a chance

You did not address the issue. Why did you break from West in 63? Then in 79 petitioned and broke from Midwest to create Bendel, and later further called for Benin and Delta separation to get Edo?

Its because you could not stand interference from others. If you get Ssouthern Nigeria there will be interference.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:55pm On Oct 18
#EndNigeria and create #IndigeneousPeople

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Hedonisco: 5:55pm On Oct 18
omenka:
Unity beggar. You people must get your EXCLUSIVE biafra. No one is forming a nation with you. After all the insults and attacks, you're begging for a Southern Nigerian Country?

On biafra you stand, biafra will you get.

And stop trying to mislead those too lazy to open the link you've provided. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what you've written or the current events.

The sooner you deployed this propaganda to cardhjng out Kanus assignments, the better for you. Benue will NEVER form a country with South East.

Who is this inconsequential vermin? I am tempted to put your Benue in its (Northern slave) place, but it wouldn't be fair because your stupidity isn't representative of Benue. You are not a spokesman for Benue and your useless opinions don't reflect the reality of Benue and its aspirations. A random nincompoop cannot speak for a people (not sure what people though, since there's nothing like 'Benue People', is it Idoma, Tiv or what else? United front indeed).

You would do yourself a world of good to steer clear of these kinds of discussions and focus on defending your useless Buhari, Tinubu and the APC, for which you are paid a 'handsome' N30, 000 monthly. Face your mandate and stay away from what doesn't concern your miserable self. Idiot.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 6:00pm On Oct 18
nsiba:

Why is that you NEVER know what you want?
Why are you running from one end to another trying to curry favour?
You think deceit and propaganda will lead you anywhere?
yes. Infact I'm sure that deceit and propaganda will hasten the fall of Nigeria. That's why Igbos and IPOB are heavily disseminating propaganda. We spend 10 million naira a year to disseminate propaganda. Since north no wan get sense. You can't hold two intelligent tribes down for ever
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Hedonisco: 6:01pm On Oct 18
AsiwajuNdigbo:

We are tired of speaking the english man language. We want to speak oyr own as first choice.

We will continue to join hands with yoruba in this protest until we #EndNigeria.

Northerners using divide and rule tactics by pushing posts to suggest Southern region or Southern nation. We see your motive.

We will work together, yoruba/igbo and kill Nigeria. Say no to nigeria, say no to southern nigeria.

Separate culture,separate language but in a unity of purpose to defeat and demolish everything nigeria stand for

Which language would you speak? Is it Onitsha Igbo or Ezza Igbo or Wawa/Nsukka Igbo? The mistakes of history and other logistical issues doesn't call for such parochial thinking.

The world is moving light years beyond such prejudices. If we have the same general objectives, capabilities, synergies, and most importantly, same way of life/outlook (which the entire South has), then it is sufficient to forge a progressive union based on very strong rules, agreements and laws.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 6:03pm On Oct 18
Misterdhee1:

Maybe. But igbos have nothing to offer yorubas other than hate and blames. So being friends from afar would be a better cause to come together for.
yes we can come together, achieve independence and go our separate ways bro. You don't need to be in love with your business partner
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ikennamadu1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18
omenka:
Unity beggar. You people must get your EXCLUSIVE biafra. No one is forming a nation with you. After all the insults and attacks, you're begging for a Southern Nigerian Country?

On biafra you stand, biafra will you get.

And stop trying to mislead those too lazy to open the link you've provided. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what you've written or the current events.

The sooner you deployed this propaganda to cardhjng out Kanus assignments, the better for you. Benue will NEVER form a country with South East.
look at this munturu ndama

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:07pm On Oct 18
Hedonisco:

Which language would you speak? Is it Onitsha Igbo or Ezza Igbo or Wawa/Nsukka Igbo? The mistakes of history and other logistical issues doesn't call for such parochial thinking.

The world is moving light years beyond such prejudices. If we have the same general objectives, capabilities, synergies, and most importantly, same way of life/outlook (which the entire South has), then it is sufficient to forge a progressive union based on very strong rules, agreements and laws.

It is better than speaking british english, which is different from australian english, different from american english, different from hongkong english, different from southafrican english and different from jamaican or barbados english.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gregyboy(m): 6:15pm On Oct 18
AsiwajuNdigbo:

You did not address the issue. Why did you break from West in 63? Then in 79 petitioned and broke from Midwest to create Bendel, and later further called for Benin and Delta separation to get Edo?

Its because you could not stand interference from others. If you get Ssouthern Nigeria there will be interference.

The only interference i see now in nigeria is not within southern nigeria but north

It would be 3 regions in the new country to equate balance south south, se, sw

We will accept our diversity and maintain neutrality and sovereignty

We will polish our mistakes and dress our wonds

We will be perfect there will be no monopoly as it to the north
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by CodeTemplar: 6:39pm On Oct 18
selemempe:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-16510922
This is a stupid proposal. Lagos as choked up as it is isn't fit for a capital? Have you imagined what Anambra would have looked like if Awka isnt the capital and it was Onitsha? A senseless proposal. ?
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Kennyswagz1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 18
Nothing like that
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThePlainTruth: 7:03pm On Oct 18
True the south should unite. United we stand.

gregyboy:

Nope free trade, lol, funny guy.....

How many years will the free trade unite them or last....

Chill regionalism is what we want, were we will attack our weaknesses from the insight of the now nigeria

We will be great

Southern part of nigeria is the face of nigeria, if we divide then there was never a nigeria

I support southern nigeria we can have economic
Free trade with northern nigeria
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Bisolabeauty081(f): 7:08pm On Oct 18
selemempe:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-16510922

MEGA !! BUNDLES !!!

MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, ETISALAT DATA*

*3GB — #1000
*5GB — #1500
*11GB — #5600
*15GB — #7000
*25GB —#10500
* 40GB —#15000

" One month Validity"

*60GB —#20000
*100GB —#28600

" Two Month Validity"

*120GB —#50000
*150GB —#72000

" Three Month Validity"

*325GB —#95000

" Six Month Validity"

*INSTANT ACTIVATION *
*INSTANT PAYMENT *

WhatsApp 09095664992
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by DMerciful(m): 7:08pm On Oct 18
Igbos and Yorubas in the same country will not work. I propose Biafra which will include SE and a referendum for the Igboids in SS, Kogi and Benue.
I propose Oduduwa which will include SW and a referendum for the yoruboids in Kwara, SS and Kogi.

I propose Lower Niger Republic

I propose Middle Belt Republic.

Arewa can keep Nigeria if they like.

Southern Nigeria will not work unless there is secession clause and a fair constitution with power sharing formula embedded like that of Belgium

3 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 7:31pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
Bkayyy:

You people are really ignorant.
If Ndigbo can discriminate osu and ohu you think we will like to associate with you ugly people.
Have you ever seen yourself in the mirror?
The main reason why we don't like you people is that most of you are f-ugly

Why are you disgraceing the igbos like this ?

Please Stop.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fabyom: 7:32pm On Oct 18
Not everyone you should respond to. Let us see where this our EndSARS fight will lead to. If the North decided not to get sense, we Southerners shall move!
selemempe:
Akwaibom are peaceful people. But do you think we can get South Nigeria Republic?
How can we get it. Should IPOB merge with who and who in the west and south?

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by MoIbrahim: 7:34pm On Oct 18
Kundagarten:
The only region not viable is Arewa Republic.
What is Ateea Repuplic? Do you know the meaning of Arewa st all?
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 7:37pm On Oct 18
CodeTemplar:
This is a stupid proposal. Lagos as choked up as it is isn't fit for a capital? Have you imagined what Anambra would have looked like if Awka isnt the capital and it was Onitsha? A senseless proposal. ?
then we change the capital to somewhere at the center
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fabyom: 7:38pm On Oct 18
We shall create a Southern Nigeria of our dream. The Enterprising spirit of the Igbos, the intellectual capabilities of the Yorubas, and the survival spirit of the Niger Delta will propel Southern Nigeria to height unimaginable!
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 7:45pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
iReddington:
To be honest and blunt ehn, lol...I can never share a country with Igbos, i no even wish am for my enemy sef, they are just just too hateful nd intolerant. They hate everybody, and the segregation will be too bad. Sorry to say.
I even pray they get their Biafra soon.

Truth be told igbos don't really want to share their country with you. Majority of them just want to be left alone so that they can rule and act as they pleases.

Why don't we just give them their biafra since we hate them so much.

A typical igbo man is angry because of the injustice, negligence and marginalization they have suffered for more than 50 years in the hands of quata system so I really don't blame them.

But insulting other tribes was completely unnecessary and one of their on doing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sheriff Is Working For The Enemies Of Our Party – PDP / Picture Of The Highly Revered General Of The Ametokun Sets Internet On Fire / ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.