Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,595,126 members, 6,020,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 November 2020 at 05:38 AM

BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? (7398 Views)

Abule Ado Pipeline Explosion: BBC Report Contradicts NNPC Claims / Nigerians React As Governors From Nigeria Republic Receive PMB In Kano / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Christistruth00: 7:53pm On Oct 18
Igbochief001:

Southern Nigeria is viable absolutely ...but lagos can't be capital ...not at all ...the capital of southern Nigeria was calabar ...it should remain so

Or we pick the center

The Capital of Lagos Colony (SW+Kwara+ Kogi) was Lagos.

The South will be 3 Countires . Omoluabi Republic , Niger Delta Republic and Biafra.

It won't happen

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 7:53pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
omenka:
This is the same goombah shouting Republic of Southern Nigeria.

You hateful bigots can't help yourself even when you try to hide your disgusting character. You remain who we've known you to be from day one.

Kill yourself if you want, changes nothing. Biafra or is. No one is willing to share a space with you bigots if peradventure, Nigeria ceases to exist tomorrow.

Make una take una hatred kill ourselves alone.

Nonsense.

Oga the igbos I know are not really interested in sharing their biafra with any other regions except with the igbo speaking Niger Delta areas. So no need mustabating on this issue.

A typical igbo man is angry because of the injustice, negligence and marginalization they have suffered for more than 50 years in the hands of quata system so I really don't blame them.

But insulting other tribes was completely unnecessary and one of their on doing that I most confess.

the future of Nigeria is regional government where every region will manage their resources and man power.

South West region
South East region
South south region
And Nothern Region.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Christistruth00: 8:00pm On Oct 18
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Oga the igbos I know are not really interested in sharing their biafra with any other regions except with the igbo speaking Niger Delta areas. So no need mustabating on this issue.

A typical igbo man is angry because of the injustice, negligence and marginalization they have suffered for more than 50 years in the hands of quata system so I really don't blame them.

But insulting other tribes was completely unnecessary and one of their on doing that I most confess.

the future of Nigeria is regional government where every region will manage their resources and man power.

South West region
South East region
South south region
And Nothern Region.

And Middle Belt Region !!!!!

Northern Christians can not be slaughtered by Islamic terrorists !
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThatFairGuy1: 8:03pm On Oct 18
Bkayyy:

Is it our fault that we are the perfect black race.
Just look at us, not too fair or black either. Masculine, courageous, stubborn and adventurous men with beautiful and intelligent ladies to match
This is the pride we're talking about.
Beautiful and intelligent ladies with yam legs and whoring job

3 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThatFairGuy1: 8:04pm On Oct 18
Oshigun:

They will indeed be more brutal and partisan than the Nazis. You are very correct to cite the first coup aptly viewed an "Igbo coup".

They did not hide their desire to brutally cull the leadership class of others to usurp power and take over control of Nigeria unchallenged.

Essentially same as killing the parents of a child so the murderer can sell said child into slavery with no opposition from anyone.
You'll mind them
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThatFairGuy1: 8:06pm On Oct 18
AregbeFufu:

And what conviction would igbos have not to be brutal to other Nigerians? The fact that you've treated us so wonderfully?
Cast your mind behind the first Nigerians coup, you'll meet the kano riot of 1953. Northern Muslims attacked Southerners mostly igbos for what?
For speaking a different language and for a having a different faith. That was where the cracks began to show,but still our fore fathers forged on.
To the coup,if the western region wasn't being torn apart by political violence would the coup had happened? The coup was carried out to save the western region,it got poorly executed,it was tagged Igbo coup, the rest is history.
Thousands of innocent igbos were wasted in the north because of the actions of a handful of officers.
Then followed the civil war that saw millions fall.

I'm asking you if you were an igbo man, going through the history of Nigeria, won't you be brutal on Nigerians if given the chance?
It was your conscience that revealed to you that Igbos would be brutal if given the chance.
Why would they be brutal if their country treated them fairly?
Okay. We all know your opinion. I've still screenshot this for future reference(s)
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThatFairGuy1: 8:08pm On Oct 18
Anambra1stS0n:

I will be the last person on to advocate or support a country with worst hypocritical tribe on earth, everybody should answer his fathers name, Igbos and Yorubas should be in their seperate country, Southern region country is total rubbish. Igbos have enough resources to power our region with strong human capital
All I see In your comment is PAINMENT.
As if others lack.
Rot with your hate in your land, Southerners rejected you

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:09pm On Oct 18
As long as the SE is not included. Why still share country with SE parasites after breaking free from the North
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ThatFairGuy1: 8:10pm On Oct 18
afube:

the coup that was plotted by action group and the united kingdom. we know the full story nah
You don't know where your head is paining you if you think you are talking to an uninformed mind like you

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18
Kundagarten:
The only region not viable is Arewa Republic.
Bro,Arewa is more viable than the SE. What does the SE have to offer including them in a Southern Nigeria republic

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:13pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
leave the abokì let him be following me from thread to thread. Omenka we don't want you and your people. Stop itttt ogbeni.

We love yorubas, especially the Christians and would love to be in a country with them

selemempe:
no insults here please. Don't call the great Igbo tribes as not being your equals. Even the Fulani don't call other North tribes as not being their equal.
Anyway you must be a yoruba Moslem. That's why we love yorubas Christians
You want Southern Nigerian unity with this bigotry One of the reasons we're not forming any country with you guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Bkayyy: 8:23pm On Oct 18
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]
Why are you disgraceing the igbos like this ?
Please Stop.
Disgrace who? My friend Nwa afọ is talking
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Bkayyy: 8:23pm On Oct 18
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Why are you disgraceing the igbos like this ?

Please Stop.
If only you know a little about other peoples culture, you won't be shy about your own. Whether the good or the so called weird part.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 8:31pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
Christistruth00:

And Middle Belt Region !!!!!

Northern Christians can not be slaughtered by Islamic terrorists !

I don't really know if that is possible because majority of the Northern Christians don't really have the balls, fainancal strength and man power to demand for their own regional government.

One of the reasons why some tribes don't really like the igbos is because of their outspoken nature and their willingness to do anything to achieve their goals. Though at times they over do it.

The south west have that silent intellectuals and achievers and sophisticated ways of achieving their goals without making much noise about it.

The south East on the other hand, have that brutal intelligence and high level self-esteem ( some mistakes it for pride and arrogance) and the determination to succeed anywhere they find themselves no mater the conditions and they are very out spoken.

The south south have the resources and fearlessness to be more successful then the south west and south east put together.

But for the middle belt regions I really didn't know much about them so I can't really say.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by blacknp(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18
Kundagarten:
The only region not viable is Arewa Republic.
Is there anything in Eastern Nigeria, other than Empty Barrels?
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by blacknp(m): 8:38pm On Oct 18
Y
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

I don't really know if that is possible because majority of the Northern Christians don't really have the balls, fainancal strength and man power to demand for their own regional government.

One of the reasons why some tribes don't really like the igbos is because of their outspoken nature and their willingness to do anything to achieve their goals. Though at times they over do it.

The south west have that silent intellectuals and achievers and sophisticated ways of achieving their goals without making much noise about it.

The south East on the other hand, have that brutal intelligence and high level self-esteem ( some mistakes it for pride and arrogance) and the determination to succeed anywhere they find themselves no mater the conditions and they are very out spoken.

The south south have the resources and fearlessness to be more successful then the south west and south east put together.

But for the middle belt regions I really didn't know much about them so I can't really say.

Yet the south east is backwards, whilst the South west is prospering like wild fire? Name any thing resources, infrastructure in the south east, everything belongs to the Federal Government, nothing their state Governors can build? The south east will suffer the most they have nothing, 419 chop 419.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Aditkd(f): 8:41pm On Oct 18
Good evening Sir's.
I am Igbo and I love my Yoruba and Hausa brother's and sister's. I like Amala and Gbegiri, I love Aboki's Suya and tuwo.
I love the way I have neighbors of all tribes around me were we gist and help each other in the best way we can.
Let's not allow religion or ethnicity destroy us pls. Seriously, I always hate seeing igbo's insulting other tribes and vice- versa can't we just enjoy each other's company and live in peace and harmony.
Please, even the religion that is dividing us was imposed on us by our colonial master's let's not allow anything to trample on our co-existence.
Every tribe have their black sheep's that have caused hurt and pain to the other. But in all this tribes we also have the good ones, pls let's all be tolerant pls.
Not happy at all. Please Sir's let's just be united.
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Christistruth00: 8:57pm On Oct 18
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Do you know that the Northern revenge Coup of 1966 that actually deposed Ironsi and gave Power to the North was actually executed by Middlebelt Christians ( TY Danjuma ,Walbe, Martin Adamu, Akahan , Paul Tarfa). . Muritala Mohammed was only a figure head of the Coup.

Also Benue is the Breadbasket of Nigeria.

Don't make the mistake the Jan Coup plotters made of Underestimating the Middlebelt people.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by HallaDaTruth: 9:05pm On Oct 18
THIS TOPIC IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL. I SEE A LOT OF BITTER PEOPLE HERE. THERE WILL BE NOTHING CALLED SOUTHERN NIGERIA. ALL WE WANT IS BIAFRA AND ODUDUWA. LET US GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by engrchykae(m): 9:07pm On Oct 18
The same British people who kept Nigeria in this sorry condition turn around to insult us,call us fantastically corrupt,divided nation.
We need to split this British estate.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 9:11pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
blacknp:
Y Yet the south east is backwards, whilst the South west is prospering like wild fire? Name any thing resources, infrastructure in the south east, everything belongs to the Federal Government, nothing their state Governors can build? The south east will suffer the most they have nothing, 419 chop 419.

Oga see as you are lying with fell confidence.

90% of the infrastructural development in the south East are from private citizens. The federal government have less than 2% presences in the whole south East.

There's no federal development plan in the south east as far as federal government development plans are concerned.

Anambra state has natural gas, rice and manufacturing possibilities.
Ebony state have rice
Abia have oil and some manufacturering possibilities
Don't know much about enugu and imo

Believe me the south east will do fine on their own if they succed in getting rid on their selfish leaders.

Lastly the south east is not as underdeveloped as they made you guys believe.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 9:14pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
Bkayyy:

If only you know a little about other peoples culture, you won't be shy about your own. Whether the good or the so called weird part.

I am not shy about anything I just believe every tribe in nigeria deserve respect.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by rummmy: 9:19pm On Oct 18
kilonshele101:
I prefer southern Nigeria alliance excluding Biafra.

no sane Yoruba can agree on forming a nation with the igbo

we're opposite in every way
we don't discriminate despite our religious diversity
we no dey over do on another person's territory
we're omoluabi
yorubas can go from their own oduduwa and leave us and our brothers.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by rummmy: 9:20pm On Oct 18
seunmsg:
Southern Nigeria Republic shocked shocked shocked

It would be a miracle if the country last for more than four years. If we can’t make a united Nigeria work, a southern Nigeria will not work. Northerners are not the problem of Nigeria, Nigerians are the problem. We are all the problem. We either make Nigeria work or we go our individual ways.
one food quote from you since I know you..... I can't wait be be known as a non Nigerian
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fuckpro: 9:21pm On Oct 18
Oshigun:

Stop fooling yourself. Yorubas will never join Igbos in any Southern Nigeria republic. We are opposite at everything and cannot share a nation as equals.

If, and it is a big if, we want to leave Nigeria then we would only agitate for break-up so you go your Biafra way and we go ours.

A nation with Yorubas and Igbos as equals is impossible. Yorubas can open the door welcomingly for any other ethnic group wishing to join us in our independent nation but never Igbos.

I really don't get it what's this problem BTW Yorubas and Igbos

Is it intellectual rivalry or what
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 9:23pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
Christistruth00:

Do you know that the Northern revenge Coup of 1966 that actually deposed Ironsi and gave Power to the North was actually executed by Middlebelt Christians ( TY Danjuma ,Walbe, Martin Adamu, Akahan , Paul Tarfa). . Muritala Mohammed was only a figure head of the Coup.

Also Benue is the Breadbasket of Nigeria.

Don't make the mistake the Jan Coup plotters made of Underestimating the Middlebelt people.

I know there was a time when the middle belt indigens are majority in our armed forces but is it still the case today ?

Are the majority of the middle belt speaking in one voice ?
That I will love to see.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gomojam: 9:30pm On Oct 18
Igbochief001:

Southern Nigeria is viable absolutely ...but lagos can't be capital ...not at all ...the capital of southern Nigeria was calabar ...it should remain so

Or we pick the center
Then we ain't interested. grin
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 9:32pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
blacknp:
Y Yet the south east is backwards, whilst the South west is prospering like wild fire? Name any thing resources, infrastructure in the south east, everything belongs to the Federal Government, nothing their state Governors can build? The south east will suffer the most they have nothing, 419 chop 419.

There's not federal presence in the whole south East.

The development is the south east is 90% indigenous/private/personal and 8% state government

As for their mineral resources google will give you the best answer.

Don't forget the manufacturing potentials in Anambra and Abia state.

The south east is not half of what it should be but believe you me it not as underdeveloped as they want you to believe.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gomojam: 9:34pm On Oct 18
omenka:
Unity beggar. You people must get your EXCLUSIVE biafra. No one is forming a nation with you. After all the insults and attacks, you're begging for a Southern Nigerian Country?

On biafra you stand, biafra will you get.

And stop trying to mislead those too lazy to open the link you've provided. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what you've written or the current events.

The sooner you deployed this propaganda to cardhjng out Kanus assignments, the better for you. Benue will NEVER form a country with South East.
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Emotionss: 9:35pm On Oct 18
[color=#006600][/color]
fuckpro:

I really don't get it what's this problem BTW Yorubas and Igbos

Is it intellectual rivalry or what

It used to be intellectual and developmental rivalry but unfortunately they have turn the whole thing to something else.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gomojam: 9:39pm On Oct 18
selemempe:
leave the abokì let him be following me from thread to thread. Omenka we don't want you and your people. Stop itttt ogbeni.

We love yorubas, especially the Christians
and would love to be in a country with them
This is the undiplomatic rubbish we've been telling you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gomojam: 9:47pm On Oct 18
omenka:
Southern Nigeria, yes. Southern Nigeria with South East, hell No!!

Let them have their biafra in peace. It is what they want that's what they'd get.
grin grin grin Omo u no get joy for them at all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu / El-Rufai's NBA Dis-Invitation: A Faux Pas Or Brilliant Initiative? / How Much Does A Local Govt. Councillor Earn In A Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.