Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,595,133 members, 6,020,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 November 2020 at 06:14 AM

BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? (7401 Views)

Abule Ado Pipeline Explosion: BBC Report Contradicts NNPC Claims / Nigerians React As Governors From Nigeria Republic Receive PMB In Kano / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gomojam: 9:52pm On Oct 18
gregyboy:

Benin city would be fine for historic attractions,

Lagos would Remain the economic hub,

Gregy Gregy, so u want to form a country with the Yoruba people, the traitors?
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gomojam: 9:54pm On Oct 18
Yujin:

Yes they have but the present time in question requires utmost wisdom in speech and conduct.
You are wise.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by RemoveKebab: 9:59pm On Oct 18
Lol
This thread was going well until it was hijacked by enermies, saboteurs and those that still need more knowledge(southerners that dont want it).

You all should be learning from this because what is beautiful and powerful will always have much more external enermies ready to put their lives to destroy it

I see no reason why why southern Nigeria cant exist because it existed and progressed well so why cant it exist again?

And all you should ask why southern Nigeria was destroyed at first by British then you know why even foreigners will feel very much intimidated if it was to exist in future.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by AregbeFufu(f): 10:56pm On Oct 18
ThatFairGuy1:

Okay. We all know your opinion. I've still screenshot this for future reference(s)
Just in case you've read literal meaning into my submission,that was a rhetoric piece.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fk001(m): 11:15pm On Oct 18
Aditkd:
Good evening Sir's.
I am Igbo and I love my Yoruba and Hausa brother's and sister's. I like Amala and Gbegiri, I love Aboki's Suya and tuwo.
I love the way I have neighbors of all tribes around me were we gist and help each other in the best way we can.
Let's not allow religion or ethnicity destroy us pls. Seriously, I always hate seeing igbo's insulting other tribes and vice- versa can't we just enjoy each other's company and live in peace and harmony.
Please, even the religion that is dividing us was imposed on us by our colonial master's let's not allow anything to trample on our co-existence.
Every tribe have their black sheep's that have caused hurt and pain to the other. But in all this tribes we also have the good ones, pls let's all be tolerant pls.
Not happy at all. Please Sir's let's just be united.
Thank you

God bless you for this piece. In every tribe, there are good and bad eggs we don't have to generalise.

In my office, we have all the 3 major tribes and they live in harmony.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by omoharry(f): 11:17pm On Oct 18
Igbochief001:

Southern Nigeria is viable absolutely ...but lagos can't be capital ...not at all ...the capital of southern Nigeria was calabar ...it should remain so

Or we pick the center
True..Lagos is too congested .Anyway when the times comes all parties involve will determine where to site the Capital.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fk001(m): 11:20pm On Oct 18
Christistruth00:

Do you know that the Northern revenge Coup of 1966 that actually deposed Ironsi and gave Power to the North was actually executed by Middlebelt Christians ( TY Danjuma ,Walbe, Martin Adamu, Akahan , Paul Tarfa). . Muritala Mohammed was only a figure head of the Coup.

Also, Benue is the Breadbasket of Nigeria.

Don't make the mistake the Jan Coup plotters made of Underestimating the Middlebelt people.

What is a middle belt or is it the new name of Northern Christians that I didn't know of?

Because I can see that you include Paul Tarfa a Babur man from Hawul in far away Borno state as one of your so-called middle belt important people
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fk001(m): 11:31pm On Oct 18
RemoveKebab:
Lol
This thread was going well until it was hijacked by enermies, saboteurs and those that still need more knowledge(southerners that dont want it).

You all should be learning from this because what is beautiful and powerful will always have much more external enermies ready to put their lives to destroy it

I see no reason why why southern Nigeria cant exist because it existed and progressed well so why cant it exist again?

And all you should ask why southern Nigeria was destroyed at first by British then you know why even foreigners will feel very much intimidated if it was to exist in future.

Any dunderhead can upload or write on Wikipedia or Google.

As of 1914, the north wasn't economic deficit rather the South is, especially SE because the north has Agriculture that was booming during that era while the SW has a cocoa plantation. Oil wasn't discovered as of then it would be discovered 50 years after the said amalgamation.

I can even remember an old picture that was in circulation that the British were thanking Nigeria for their groundnut production which helped them in the Burma war.

SE was far less privilege, the SW is useful for their ocean routes and cocoa while the North for Agricultural products and fertile lands that's why the amalgamation was important for the Brits.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by danilmo: 1:04am On Oct 19
fabyom:
We shall create a Southern Nigeria of our dream. The Enterprising spirit of the Igbos, the intellectual capabilities of the Yorubas, and the survival spirit of the Niger Delta will propel Southern Nigeria to height unimaginable!

Southern Nigeria would have been the real giant of Africa but fun fact is it won't work..
we are too divided with interior motive to make revenge at each other witht the slightest opportunity.

An average Educated Yoruba Man love Tinubu for his Giant and intelligent and infrastructural stride but an average igbo man want him down with the slightest available propaganda T/F allegations, we just love him.. thereby Yoruba doing the insult in return..the same man that put Igbo in his cabinet as d then Governor, it was all love as at then.

the boastful part of saying I'm better than u to ur face, the calling of no mans land and lot more. and Yoruba in turn giving them the bitter cola back.

The above has brought moral damage beyond control,
it can work but won't b easy..except if the capital is in SW that is what ll make it sound nice to Yoruba but it ll b sentimental to others, taking the capital to SS or SE will kind of sound somehow to an average Yoruba because Yoruba don't go up SS or to SE, like to do what up there?? they belief Lagos is their central London where every body should converge but that ll not b fare to SS or SE, if capital is in SW Yoruba won't see it as anything or big deal because they are natural welcoming and accomdating irrespective of tribe, religion or race but otherwise ll make them feel kind of smh. like we going to PH or Asaba to tender federal document ke ?? they ll be like wen did this one start, weird. lol , it won't b easy going up there, that unity won't last.

I'm a Yoruba o, I'm just being realistic eh..lol
so u see why it ll b difficult, it ll just be better we go the separate way..

4 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Ategberoson(m): 1:09am On Oct 19
Oshigun:

Stop fooling yourself. Yorubas will never join Igbos in any Southern Nigeria republic. We are opposite at everything and cannot share a nation as equals.

If, and it is a big if, we want to leave Nigeria then we would only agitate for break-up so you go your Biafra way and we go ours.

A nation with Yorubas and Igbos as equals is impossible. Yorubas can open the door welcomingly for any other ethnic group wishing to join us in our independent nation but never Igbos.

and who are you to talk on behalf of Yoruba? even though I know Yoruba will have to have a rigorous consultation before agreeing to be part of southern Nigeria but you don't have any gut to talk on behalf of Yoruba nation

take note
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fabyom: 1:34am On Oct 19
Lagos state is almost between 50% Yorubas and 50% others. I do think we can dialogue this. We the youth of today 45 years below are more united than you could ever imagine. There will be no place for these old politicians like Tinubu! For me, I don't like him but my father does! The old guys does not know what is called infrastructure. If what you see in Lagos is what you call infrastructure with the amount of allocation given to Lagos then I am sorry you might be part of our enemies! Southern Nigeria will work! We the youth will make it work.
danilmo:

Southern Nigeria would have been the real giant of Africa but fun fact is it won't work..
we are too divided with interior motive to make revenge at each other witht the slightest opportunity.

An average Educated Yoruba Man love Tinubu for his Giant and intelligent and infrastructural stride but an average igbo man want him down with the slightest available propaganda T/F allegations, we just love him.. thereby Yoruba doing the insult in return..the same man that put Igbo in his cabinet as d then Governor, it was all love as at then.

the boastful part of saying I'm better than u to ur face, the calling of no mans land and lot more. and Yoruba in turn giving them the bitter cola back.

it can work but won't b easy..except if the capital is in SW that is what ll make it sound nice to Yoruba but it ll b sentimental to others, taking the capital to SS or SE will kind of sound somehow to an average Yoruba because Yoruba don't go up SS or to SE, like to do what up there?? they belief Lagos is their central London where every body should converge but that ll not b fare to SS or SE, if capital is in SW Yoruba won't see it as anything or big deal because they are natural welcoming and accomdating irrespective of tribe, religion or race but otherwise ll make them feel kind of smh. like we going to PH or Asaba to tender federal document ke ?? they ll be like wen did this one start, weird. lol , it won't b easy going up there, that unity won't last.

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by danilmo: 2:39am On Oct 19
fabyom:
Lagos state is almost between 50% Yorubas and 50% others. I do think we can dialogue this. We the youth of today 45 years below are more united than you could ever imagine. There will be no place for these old politicians like Tinubu! For me, I don't like him but my father does! The old guys does not know what is called infrastructure. If what you see in Lagos is what you call infrastructure with the amount of allocation given to Lagos then I am sorry you might be part of our enemies! Southern Nigeria will work! We the youth will make it work.

I get ur point though.. i pray all things work , the southern Nigeria will likely b the most powerful country in Africa within few years..

as per the insult tantrum and jab we throw at each others ehn ,I belief our Obas ( Oni of Ife, Oba of Benin, Obi of Onitcha and co) can work together to bridge those gap and settle our ego differences..aftermath all the jab we through at each others will become a joke we ll laugh at..lol..

The starting point is to pray that this current protest gain more momentum and lead to revolution.

we hope for better days..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by ayzTIGER: 2:49am On Oct 19
danilmo:

that your hypocritical welcoming lies should stop. Was it not your parents that wailed and called on Tinubu and Obasanjo to come and dispossess Igbos the land they rightfully occupy in Ladipo.

An average Yoruba Muslim will sabotage any move for dissolution of Nigeria. They can't take it, they can't dream it because their loyalty and umbilical cord is tied to sultan of sokoto. That Ishaq terrorist of Muric is no different from an average Yoruba Muslim
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Nightstalker: 2:51am On Oct 19
omenka:
Unity beggar. You people must get your EXCLUSIVE biafra. No one is forming a nation with you. After all the insults and attacks, you're begging for a Southern Nigerian Country?

On biafra you stand, biafra will you get.

And stop trying to mislead those too lazy to open the link you've provided. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what you've written or the current events.

The sooner you deployed this propaganda to cardhjng out Kanus assignments, the better for you. Benue will NEVER form a country with South East.

This one is an illiterate animal o

I remember one video where the whole leaders of the middle belt went to agree with that drunkard kanu

Your stupid leaders have long ago pledged their allegiance to that drunkard

Actually if there is to be a southern Nigeria I don't want Benue to be part of it because benue is a wasted state full of lazy men who only know armed robbery and rape while the women 99% are hiv positive

The southern republic doesn't include middle belt so no you belong to arewa
Useless BASTARD
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by danilmo: 3:05am On Oct 19
ayzTIGER:
that hypocritical welcoming lies should stop. Was it not your parents that were wailing and calling on Tinubu and Obasanjo to come and dispossess Igbos the land they rightfully occupy in Ladipo.

An average Yoruba Muslim will sabotage any move for dissolution of Nigeria. They can't take it, they can't dream it because their loyalty and umbilical cord is tied to sultan of sokoto. That Ishaq terrorist of Muric is no different from an average Yoruba Muslim

@ur first paragraph are the result of what bitterness has caused, the boast of na we do business pass (can bring annoyance and bitterness) and also igbo causing hinderance to Lagos APC political strength u know,, come b like say igbo of PDP wan dey pour sand for APC garri..lol, so these are just reactions from grudges..

but let us b realistic u can't take away accommodation and humility from an average Yoruba(I don't mean u won't see fault o).. Yoruba life no hard o..

As per Yoruba Muslim, the same problem u Igbos have with them is the same problem we Yoruba Christian have with them religiously, we only tolerate each others to stay in peace , marry each others for those who can, lol.. the reason is our Yoruba Muslims are highly educated..

u hardly see us fight because of religion, just natural unity and kinda neutral like that,

although internally their religious inclination with north is sentimentally a factor but forget it, it's not in them. leave ishaq of muric out of it, that one na mouth pipe doing his national job, our Christian/muslim elders don't even know if he's existing..

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by EMMY76: 3:14am On Oct 19
selemempe:
yes we don't want anything to do with those you mentioned but we can work with omoluabis to achieve a great nation.
Those you mentioned can never be omoluabis

Speak for urself man the great igbos are no unity beggers.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fabyom: 3:40am On Oct 19
Thank you!
danilmo:

I get ur point though.. i pray all things work , the southern Nigeria will likely b the most powerful country in Africa within few years..

as per the insult tantrum and jab we throw at each others ehn ,I belief our Obas ( Oni of Ife, Oba of Benin, Obi of Onitcha and co) can work together to bridge those gap and settle our ego differences..aftermath all the jab we through at each others will become a joke we ll laugh at..lol..

The starting point is to pray that this current protest gain more momentum and lead to revolution.

we hope for better days..

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by danilmo: 3:41am On Oct 19
selemempe:
no insults here please. Don't call the great Igbo tribes as not being your equals. Even the Fulani don't call other North tribes as not being their equal.
Anyway you must be a yoruba Moslem. That's why we love yorubas Christians

lol, ignore those online tantarum, lol,

we ll soon laugh it off if things work..

meanwhile as per Yoruba Muslim, we don't even know them as separate in SW, forget akintola ishaq, it's just a religious difference playing on our intelligence in a faceless forum or has has any Muslim Yoruba pose treath to u before??

we're all united And u guys should stop painting them bad with that name clling, not nice, they are cool o..

Southern Nigeria is possible and it ll b d most powerful country in Africa but a lot of work still need to b done to bring it to reality.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 5:02am On Oct 19
Aditkd:
Good evening Sir's.
I am Igbo and I love my Yoruba and Hausa brother's and sister's. I like Amala and Gbegiri, I love Aboki's Suya and tuwo.
I love the way I have neighbors of all tribes around me were we gist and help each other in the best way we can.
Let's not allow religion or ethnicity destroy us pls. Seriously, I always hate seeing igbo's insulting other tribes and vice- versa can't we just enjoy each other's company and live in peace and harmony.
Please, even the religion that is dividing us was imposed on us by our colonial master's let's not allow anything to trample on our co-existence.
Every tribe have their black sheep's that have caused hurt and pain to the other. But in all this tribes we also have the good ones, pls let's all be tolerant pls.
Not happy at all. Please Sir's let's just be united.
Thank you
if we divide Nigeria, we can love each other from afar.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Christistruth00: 6:42am On Oct 19
fk001:

What is a middle belt or is it the new name of Northern Christians that I didn't know of?

Because I can see that you include Paul Tarfa a Babur man from Hawul in far away Borno state as one of your so-called middle belt important people

Middlebelt also refers to all Northern Christians.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by fk001(m): 8:57am On Oct 19
Christistruth00:

Middlebelt also refers to all Northern Christians.

Then creating a country called Middle belt is not feasible. My reason is the Christains notth are everywhere in the nook and crannies of north take for example in Nguru and Fika LGA of Yobe state there are many of them. Same goes to Borno, Kebbi Bauchi in fact every state up north in which it will be very difficult to carve out the proposed map and you don't expect them to leave their ancestral land to migrate somewhere else.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by HAccord: 12:23pm On Oct 19
Oshigun:

100% correct. All what we are saying is just fantasy talk. If reality is upon us, not one single ethnic group will agree to join Igbos, a difficult and oppressively discriminatory people, in Biafra.

Certainly Yorubas will never entertain the idea of being in the same nation with Igbos if Nigeria seperates.

And which tribe would want to be with you yorubas? We all saw how Awolowo oppresively discriminated against bendelites and midwesterners in the first republic leading them to hold a referendum to dissociate themselves from you yorubas. Even the closest tribe yorubas in filial affiliation- the Binis have so much dislike for your mago mago and sleaziness, that's why Adamu Oshiomhole and Ize Iyamu lost out at the last election in Edo. They simply do not want your yoruba meddlesomeness in Edo politics.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Bkayyy: 2:19pm On Oct 19
ThatFairGuy1:

This is the pride we're talking about.
Beautiful and intelligent ladies with yam legs and whoring job
And here they come with their false propaganda of yam leg and whoring. If they have yam legs why are your elites fighting tooth and nail to have them maybe "yam legs" are sexy after all. You know it's only your elites can dream of tasting what average Igbo men taste.
As for whoring, we know those it's imbibed in their DNA. The yorubas, you people have even updated to porn/blue film. Your shameless men and women are even dragging the porn industry with black Americans.
See them below,
Kingtblachoc
Maami Igbagbo
Peace Olayemi

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by Bkayyy: 2:23pm On Oct 19
To even show how far you yoruba people have gone into porn.
You've rekindled the main reason your sacred osun groove was made for which is porn and immorality.
See them (kingtblachoc and fellow yoruba uglisters) , Yoruba people making sweet porn in osun groove

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by selemempe: 2:52pm On Oct 19
danilmo:

lol you can go to Abuja to tender federal government documents but you can't come to asaba or pH.
Lol...I say it, you guys are the people who put us in this mess. If it was up to Igbos, Nigeria for don end teh teh

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by RemoveKebab: 3:00pm On Oct 19
South west = excellent tolerant culture needed to cement all tribes within a country and help in nations stability and progress
South east = industrious seal and commercial brillance to rapidly industrialize a nation
South south =abundant resource to rapidly develop a nation
North central = arid land for mechanized farming
North east and west = THUNDER FIRE LUGARD AND BRITAIN

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by gwdcodec: 3:24pm On Oct 19
RemoveKebab:
South west = excellent tolerant culture needed to cement all tribes within a country and help in nations stability and progress
South east = industrious seal and commercial brillance to rapidly industrialize a nation
South south =abundant resource to rapidly develop a nation
North central = arid land for mechanized farming
North east and west = THUNDER FIRE LUGARD AND BRITAIN

Please what is the abundant resource that is the South South? please don't tell me it's oil
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by slivertongue: 3:55pm On Oct 19
omenka:
Unity beggar. You people must get your EXCLUSIVE biafra. No one is forming a nation with you. After all the insults and attacks, you're begging for a Southern Nigerian Country?

On biafra you stand, biafra will you get.

And stop trying to mislead those too lazy to open the link you've provided. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what you've written or the current events.

The sooner you deployed this propaganda to cardhjng out Kanus assignments, the better for you. Benue will NEVER form a country with South East.

benue state ain't among the 17 states of Nigeria so I don't understand ur attack. southerners may bicker and throw tantrums but one thing is clear they will be never act like herdsmen.
Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by NeverBrokeAgainG: 4:10pm On Oct 19
omenka:
Southern Nigeria, yes. Southern Nigeria with South East, hell No!!

Let them have their biafra in peace. It is what they want that's what they'd get.
you are no Longer From Benue??

Onye Oshi

1 Like

Re: BBC Report: Is Southern Nigeria Republic Viable? by RemoveKebab: 4:16pm On Oct 19
gwdcodec:

Please what is the abundant resource that is the South South? please don't tell me it's oil
You and I know its oil. That black gold and gas that can influence global politics. 37million barrels reserve no be beans

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun / See Official Vehicle Of NANS President.We Are Deceiving Ourselve InThis Country / True Phone Encounter With A Nigerian 419ner In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 234
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.