Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio (39824 Views)

"Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit / EndSARS: The Soro Soke Radio Twitter Account Has Been Suspended / Patricia Amadin: #EndSARS Protesters Hail Policewoman In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by Kbabs02(m): 11:44pm On Oct 18, 2020
Listening to Oga police by psquare right now
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by thatigboman: 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2020
joshjc:
Guys what's the meaning ofsoro soke?
speak up.
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by Emoney07: 12:01am On Oct 19, 2020
ok
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by gentleguy1975: 12:41am On Oct 19, 2020
Sorosoke means : speak louder, soro means speak or speak up
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by OyinO: 2:00am On Oct 19, 2020
Those who said the Youths are Lazy, will withdraw and swallow their lazy remarks.
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by OyinO: 2:02am On Oct 19, 2020
truthfulparrot:
The Nigerian government obviously underrated the youths who coincidentally makes up about 75% of Nigeria's population. Our youths are not lazy. They are intelligent, resilient and innovative. The government has pushed the youths to the wall. Things are no longer at ease. The falcon is no longer listening to the falconer. Things have fallen apart! God help Nigeria!

God will not help until you help yourself. God will only help the youths of a con3 who choose to help themselves.

1 Like

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by GeneralPula: 2:53am On Oct 19, 2020
ElValiente:
speak louder

Correct..

Some people were saying speak up..

1 Like

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by GeneralPula: 3:02am On Oct 19, 2020
[s]
fireback:
yes I agree with you totally, but the truth is that the word was spoken in Yoruba to the lagos state governor when he was addressing the protesters. the word was actually "SORO SOKE WERE" meaning 'speak louder fool' that's exactly what the protesters told the governor. and I think that's why he latter send thugs to scatter the protest.
[/s]

Soro soke has been on wave before sanwo-olu came out to address protesters.:

Soro soke werey is actually a long time Yoruba coloqual & there’s this particular actress that do say it very often in the Yoruba movies...More than 10years back..
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by joeBishops: 3:12am On Oct 19, 2020
LibertyRep:
Who wouldn't be impressed?

Nigeria can be great again.

The youth aren't lazy after all.

Meanwhile, I tried accessing https://s4.radio.co/s99d55c85b/listen.

It says 'the file you requested could not be found'
Copy the link without the full stop into your browser and try again.
https://s4.radio.co/s99d55c85b/listen
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by GeneralPula: 3:13am On Oct 19, 2020
omoharry:
They should have use the English word na..sey the radio station is suppose to be for all youth nation wide?abi na only for south west people ? Remember people are finding every opportunity to distract the youth from uniting .

Have we ever gain something special since we been speaking/spaking/spoking English?

We should have Soro soke (Speak louder) in Igbo/Hausa & other languages so its gonna be DIFFERENT LANGUAGE ONE VOICE!

They’ll never ever be able distract them youth as we all saying the same thing!!

3 Likes

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by InvertedHammer: 4:03am On Oct 19, 2020
/
These things are long overdue. The previous generations chose to run to exile to become slaves instead of fighting for their rights. Their host countries knew they are cowards and treated them with disdain.

Other countries went through this process to become great. Everybody doesn't have access to the international world. This is your only country. Make it great and the world will give you the respect. There is no point respecting oppressors because of their age. Respect is earned.

There is power in numbers. Join the protest. When they see the crowd in the street, they know that there is not enough police to protect them and their families. Blocking access roads to airports is ingenuity at best. They have to pass through the crowd to get to their private jets. That is one risk none of those cowards is willing to take. Soldiers? Boko boys have proved that they are mortals too.

2023 is still too far away.

\

1 Like

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by Brunicekid(m): 4:37am On Oct 19, 2020
SLAP44:
Although I don't understand what Soro soke means, I am ready to learn more Yoruba if that will make police brutality to end grin

United we stand.
"Soro Soke" is the YORUBA WORD for "Speak Up".

1 Like

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by Oritsewhandey(m): 5:38am On Oct 19, 2020
SLAP44:
Although I don't understand what Soro soke means, I am ready to learn more Yoruba if that will make police brutality to end grin

United we stand.
Never knew you didn't read the article!

SORO SOKE: SPEAK UP!!!

You may throw the Igbo version, too. All join.

2 Likes

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by Daddysidhan: 5:41am On Oct 19, 2020
GeneralPula:

Have we ever gain something special since we been speaking/spaking/spoking English?

We should have Soro soke (Speak louder) in Igbo/Hausa & other languages so its gonna be DIFFERENT LANGUAGE ONE VOICE!

They’ll never ever be able distract them youth as we all saying the same thing!!
God bless you
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:57am On Oct 19, 2020
joshjc:
Guys what's the meaning ofsoro soke?
speak up
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by notoriousbabe: 6:48am On Oct 19, 2020
kunle75:

We don't have to bit ourselves about this let's move on.tx
I no dey move to anywhere unless you buy me pepper soup and beer
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by dachisom(m): 7:05am On Oct 19, 2020
SLAP44:

United we stand.

your question shows you never read the report cos the translation is stated there.

hmm...Nigerian youth

1 Like

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by ElValiente(m): 7:20am On Oct 19, 2020
GeneralPula:

Correct..

Some people were saying speak up..

Nope. Speak louder. We’ve been speaking but they won’t hear us. It’s time.
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by Adebek(m): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2020
SLAP44:

United we stand.
Proverb 31:9

1 Like

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by kunle75(m): 9:32am On Oct 19, 2020
notoriousbabe:

Lolz na Buhari and Oshinbajo go buy you that one ooooo cos me too still dey protest ground for now my eye dey red dieeee all die na die dem don kill me already no need to send army again.

SORO SOKE WEREH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by notoriousbabe: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2020
kunle75:

Lolz na Buhari and Oshinbajo go buy you that one ooooo cos me too still dey protest ground for now my eye dey red dieeee all die na die dem don kill me already no need to send army again.

SORO SOKE WEREH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
abeg if you see that babe Aisha Yesufu the iron lady help me to collect her number

1 Like

Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by kunle75(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2020
notoriousbabe:

send me your Account details ok make i bless you, its high will all take care of ourselves as youth in the country, no more ethic dichotomy
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by kunle75(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2020
notoriousbabe:
abeg if you see that babe Aisha Yesufu the iron lady help me to collect her number

Ok i wll,
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by mavisbeacon: 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2020
I am so happy and proud of my generation. May God protect us and help us see an end to all of these injustice in the land.
farem:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/endsars-protesters-launch-online-radio-soro-soke/%3famp=1
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by nifanaturals1(f): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2020
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by nifanaturals1(f): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2020
mavisbeacon:
I am so happy and proud of my generation. May God protect us and help us see an end to all of these injustice in the land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSYsAnZxZo
Re: Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio by Ayobami7(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi, Others At The Burial Of Ngige's Father / Zamfara To Osun: Planned Deportation Of Northern Youths Unlawful / Photo Of The Day As Nigerians Await The Announcement Of Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.