Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next (19210 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / I Was Denied Visa At French Embassy For This Reason.... / Canadian Visa Experts is a scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2011
GOOD DAY HOUSE,
I JUST GOT MY PASSPORT BACK FROM THE CANADIAN EMBASSY THIS MORNING THAT I WAS DENIED THE VISA BECAUSE I HAVE[b] NO TRAVELLING EXPERIENCE[/b], I WAS SUPPOSE TO GO ON HOLIDAYS SOMETIME THIS MONTH, I MADE SURE ALL THE DOCUMENTS I SUBMITTED WERE GENUINE AND WAS REALLY HOPING TO GET THE VISA, BUT I WAS ADVISED THAT MAYBE IF I GET A SOUTH AFRICAN VISA AND GO SPEND LIKE A WEEK THERE AND COME BACK TO NAIJA AND APPLY AGAIN FOR THE CANADIAN VISA THAT I MIGHT STAND A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING IT,
I AM KINDA CONFUSED RIGHT NOW AND I WANT HONEST AND SINCERE ADVICE FROM THIS HONORABLE HOUSE,
DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WILL WORK THAT WAY?
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by suxes2005(m): 11:21am On Mar 08, 2011
I dont know the probs of this canada embassy self
Always have one probs or the other

Anyways, poster try get the SA visa but that does
not guarantee you a canadian visa

SHALOM
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2011
thanks bro, someone qualifies for the visa now they come up with one flimsy excuse, i think i am beginning to believe when people say they have a quota allocated to them,
anyway shall i will just do the holiday in SA this time, i want to start building a travelling reputation,
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by mikkyangel(m): 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
Shakers,

if dey said u aint got no travel experience,then i thnk u shd embark on the south african jamboree, also try and visit dubai or brazil if cash still dey ur hand, then proberbly nxt yr come try the Canada stuff again,

If i may ask u,did someone send u an invitation letter thru which u used to apply for the canada tourist visa? i wait for ur reply,
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2011
mikkyangel:

If i may ask u,did someone send u an invitation letter thru which u used to apply for the canada tourist visa? i wait for your reply,
nope i just applied for the tourist visa and booked an hotel, i dont know anyone there that can send me an invitation and i am actually looking at applying again in august or sept,
thanks for your contribution
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by Fogman(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2011
My brother, it takes the grace of God for one to get a Canadian visa. South Africa visa or not is not aguarantee. Seen someone with 10yrs UK visa on his passport with lots of travel experience being denied a Canadian visa.
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by 25omega(m): 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2011
shakers:

nope i just applied for the tourist visa and booked an hotel, i dont know anyone there that can send me an invitation and i am actually looking at applying again in august or sept,
thanks for your contribution
Thats probably the issue. If you have no visas or stamps on your passport it shows to some people that you are just going to stay because you can't claim being a bussiness man, you dont know anyone there and you are not someone who travels for the sake of just vacation. Then again if one country dont let you enter how can you get travel experience. Best of luck sha on your next application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2011
@Shakers Canadian embassy is an embassy where they don"t care how many times u been to the USA, UK or even Aust. An uncle of mine has been to the US bunch of times and the Uk but still got denied, talkless of students. The US embassy is much better than canadain embassy. like my man Fogman says it take the grave of God to get a Canadian visa.

What do you do ? There is a guy on NL i met here, he was issued a canadian visa, i don"t mind sending u a list of docs he presented wit his application. hit me up and i will send them to u.

@Forman : How far u don see sometin better ? let me know
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by Fogman(m): 10:11pm On Mar 08, 2011
@Ogugua, my guy i stil dey on it. Will ring u up, for some of my pals that will need South Africa visa. Men i cant stop thanking u for the professional manner u exibited before, during and after u got my bros visa. God bless
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2011
ogugua1:

@Shakers  Canadian embassy is an embassy where they don"t care how many times u been to the USA, UK or even Aust. An uncle of mine has been to the US bunch of times and the Uk but still got denied, talkless of students. The US embassy is much better than canadain embassy. like my man Fogman says it take the grave of God to get a Canadian visa.

What do you do ? There is a guy on NL i met here, he was issued a canadian visa, i don"t mind sending u a list of docs he presented wit his application. hit me up and i will send them to u.

i work for a japanese manufacturing company in lagos and as far as i know the job is good and not something i can give up easily, pls do send me the documents your friend used my email is b.skim004@yahoo.com, thanks i hope to hear from you soon.
God Bless
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by suxes2005(m): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2011
Even my Pastor was refused Canadian visa and he was asked
to go and pick his money. Reason, no sufficient time to process
his application , he was going for a conference and he has paid
for the conference as well,

It surely takes the grace of God. First time applicants do get it
very well, I mean very well,

SHALOM
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by Dantecmu(m): 5:28am On Mar 09, 2011
I applied for a Canadian visa with ma mum and it was issued in less than 2weeks all na planning and prayers note ma mum had a virgin passport we where both issued 6months each so ma broder pray harder when next u apply
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by Fogman(m): 5:42am On Mar 09, 2011
Dantecmu:

I applied for a Canadian visa with ma mum and it was issued in less than 2weeks all na planning and prayers note ma mum had a virgin passport we where both issued 6months each so ma broder pray harder when next u apply

Congrat! Just as i said in my earlier post, it is by his grace only that one get issued Canadian visa and i m happy u kept hammering on prayer. Please can you inbox me list of docs submitted? Fogmanmails(at)yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 7:43am On Mar 09, 2011
Dantecmu:

thanks men, maybe i will organise my church prayer warriors to help me interceed when next i apply lol, congrats though u can just tell us the list of documents you submitted here or inbox me b.skim004@yahoo.com.
thanks
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by suxes2005(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2011
shakers:

thanks men, maybe i will organise my church prayer warriors to help me interceed when next i apply lol, congrats though u can just tell us the list of documents you submitted here or inbox me b.skim004@yahoo.com.
thanks

LOL, try go MFM em get plenty PWs there

Dantecmu:

You know your mum is kinda old, i guess she is not
less than 50? Moreover shey u know you have another
visa on your own PP b4 u applied for both of you then?

SHALOM
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by dellnet: 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2011
"NO TRAVELLING EXPERIENCE," LOL

This is hilarious to me. If I fall in your shoe I will not get any SA or anywhere visa. I will write back to them in a polite manner and tell them I want to start my travel experience with Canada. I bet you have fulfilled all requirements and they give you this stupid excuse which I believe it is not in their laws. So raise your eyebrow and point a finger at them. Who says you need traveling experience to go to Canada? are you a kid? This is pure out discrimination they should give you a better reason.
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2011
@dellnet
i had wanted to just send it in again but i thought they would reject it again for thesame reason, thats why i was thinking of SA,
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by ayoalade(m): 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2011
@ Shakers - I'm sure it must have been very disappointing to have been denied a visiting visa to Canada. I can hear people on this forum thinking that there are some sinister reasons behind the denial of visa to our people. First of all, I should let you know that I do not envy the visa officers who have the undaunted job of screening out who may or may not be allowed into Canada. They've got the most difficult job. For them, it all boils down to gut instincts and it also boils down to you given them just a speck of reason to doubt the autheticity of your intention. That is all it takes.

If you've been denied, when you said you were visiting Canada as a tourist, it only makes sense for the immigration officer to evaulate your travelling experiences. Moreover, how grounded are you in Nigeria. How strongly connected are you? If an immigration officer suspects that you have nothing of substantial value (property, job, wife, children) that will make you not want to leave Nigeria for Canada, then there is the red flag.

I should also warn you that what worked for someone else does not necessarily work for another person. Every individual is dealt with on His own merit.

So, if you feel that there are things you could have done differently with your application, this is the time to review it and get yourself prepared for the next time you will be approaching them.
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2011
ayoalade:

@ Shakers - I'm sure it must have been very disappointing to have been denied a visiting visa to Canada. I can hear people on this forum thinking that there are some sinister reasons behind the denial of visa to our people. First of all, I should let you know that I do not envy the visa officers who have the undaunted job of screening out who may or may not be allowed into Canada. They've got the most difficult job. For them, it all boils down to gut instincts and it also boils down to you given them just a speck of reason to doubt the autheticity of your intention. That is all it takes.

If you've been denied, when you said you were visiting Canada as a tourist, it only makes sense for the immigration officer to evaulate your travelling experiences. Moreover, how grounded are you in Nigeria. How strongly connected are you? If an immigration officer suspects that you have nothing of substantial value[b] (property, job, wife, children) [/b]that will make you not want to leave Nigeria for Canada, then there is the red flag.

I should also warn you that what worked for someone else does not necessarily work for another person. Every individual is dealt with on His own merit.

So, if you feel that there are things you could have done differently with your application, this is the time to review it and get yourself prepared for the next time you will be approaching them.

well i am single and i have a property with c of o that i submitted with it, i also have a very good job so i dont know what else i would have given them again,
i submitted,
the intro letter from my office,
the leave request and approval letter,
the title deed of my property including C of O,
my payslips for about 6 months,
my personal bank account statement,
the salary account statement,
intl passport ofcourse,
bank draft,
passport photos.
i would have added my ID card but i need it at work everyday,

so those were the document i submitted, i nor try for them? lol
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by scopusng(m): 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2011
You try jare, Abeg, next time make u try put juju 4 pocket. Or anytime wen u hear say bomb blast happen for Canada, quick quick no jus waste anytime waka go apply, one hand dem go issue u a Canadian visa. Dat na one of the secrets to get US and Canadian visa,from experience. 9/11
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by ayoalade(m): 12:57am On Mar 10, 2011
@ scopusng, becareful what you're saying. This is a public forum and you don't know who is on Nairaland and remember every IP address is tracked too
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by dellnet: 5:47am On Mar 10, 2011
@ayoalade thanks for your input. Like you mentioned decision on applications are based on the individual in question and evidence provided. I think canadian embassy does not accept applications in person or conduct interview at first. They assess strictly based on documents provided. The issue of property, job, wife etc I know some of our folks go to court and obtain certificate in regards to this issue but seriously this is adding more weight on your baggage when you get to your final destination.

I believe the OP has genuine reasons to go to canada even the visa officer knows that. Sending back lack of travel experience is just a mockery to test his sincerity. Any educated man should know what travel experience is all about. My question to the OP, did you specify your exact destination in Canada. Don't get me wrong, your lack of travel experience may not only be limited to no visitation to other country but also how you arranged your application. This may include hotel reservation, airticket reservation, number of days to stay in canada, activities to do in canada. The last one is very important because this will determine where, when and what you will do in Canada. Don't send your application again. Just send a letter to them explaining your lack of travel experience will not hinder your visit/tourism in Canada. Detail out yourself as much as you can. When is your leave from your company, there are 12 months in a year and only 1 month for leave. You may want to align everything to fit into this cycle. You can get activities and destination information from travel agents in Nigeria, or on the web.
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by scopusng(m): 10:47am On Mar 10, 2011
ayoalade:

@ scopusng, becareful what you're saying. This is a public forum and you don't know who is on Nairaland and remember every IP address is tracked too

Ayolade, could be GEJ? Hahahahahaa. Waiting
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

@ayoalade thanks for your input. Like you mentioned decision on applications are based on the individual in question and evidence provided. I think canadian embassy does not accept applications in person or conduct interview at first. They assess strictly based on documents provided. The issue of property, job, wife etc I know some of our folks go to court and obtain certificate in regards to this issue but seriously this is adding more weight on your baggage when you get to your final destination.

I believe the OP has genuine reasons to go to canada even the visa officer knows that. Sending back lack of travel experience is just a mockery to test his sincerity. Any educated man should know what travel experience is all about. My question to the OP, did you specify your exact destination in Canada. Don't get me wrong, your lack of travel experience may not only be limited to no visitation to other country but also how you arranged your application. This may include hotel reservation, airticket reservation, number of days to stay in canada, activities to do in canada. The last one is very important because this will determine where, when and what you will do in Canada. Don't send your application again. Just send a letter to them explaining your lack of travel experience will not hinder your visit/tourism in Canada. Detail out yourself as much as you can. When is your leave from your company, there are 12 months in a year and only 1 month for leave. You may want to align everything to fit into this cycle. You can get activities and destination information from travel agents in Nigeria, or on the web.

thanks for your opinion, i did specify the hotel i was going to stay but i did not break down the activities i will be doing during the 6 days i was suppose to stay, is it possible to just send them a letter and who will the letter be addressed to, you can send me ideas of how the letter should look to my email b.skim004@yahoo.com,
once again thank you and i hope to hear from you soon.
God Bless
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by ayoalade(m): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
@ dell_net - you're right, you do not appear in person when applying for a visiting visa. Thus, this puts the onus on the applicant to make sure that their application stands the chance of being considered. I will tell you from my experience that majority of our people can be tardy in their approach (I'm not saying this is the case in this situation). I've seen immigration forms that were not properly filled, I've seen conflicting information, verbosity in the name of appeasing the immigration officer and other things imginable that will only make the officer suspicious of your motive. You see, we live in an environment where people often depend on others to do things for them, hence, that mindset often deprived people the opportunity of doing their own personal research and making sure that they have all their facts together. Imagine, people still falling for the scam of paying for embassy application forms when there are websites where these form could be downloaded.

I am not doubting Shakers genuine motive here, but I believe that at the end of the day, immigration officer are left with making a decision and they can either say yes or no. I have seen situations where somone who is a Canadian citizen trying to bring his pregnant wife to Canada only for the heavily pregnant woman who went all the way to Accra for an interview to be denied access into Canada to join her husband! That is one of the dilemma of being an immigration officer, you have to make decisions even when it is unpopular. So, Shakers, there is nothing stopping you from trying again, only that you want to prove your case and shows how, even though with limited travelling experience you still consider yourself vast and knowledgeable about Canada and about the various tourism places you plan to visit during your stay in Canada just as dell_net suggested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by dellnet: 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2011
shakers I cant really give you a draft of what to write, you are in a better position to formulate this, but make it formal and less provocative in a sense don't make your words sound inciting. It should be addressed to The Consular, Embassy of Canada,
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by suxes2005(m): 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net, nice input
@OP, i guess you must just
do that so as to prove you are
genuine

SHALOM
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

shakers I cant really give you a draft of what to write, you are in a better position to formulate this, but make it formal and less provocative in a sense don't make your words sound inciting. It should be addressed to The Consular, Embassy of Canada,

i should write the letter and address it to The Consular, canadian deputy high commision Lagos, and am i to send it by post to them or i should go deliver myself at the high commision like when i submitted my initial application. and how sure am i that they would reply the letter and get back to me,
i am only asking because i have not done this before,
thanks
you guys are the best
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by dellnet: 11:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
Good question shakers. I am not vast with commonwealth laws since it is a high commission I thought it is an Embassy. My bad. However, there is a visa section there so address it to the Visa Section, Deputy High Commission of Canada. In regards to the post to specify (i.e consular etc) I don't know. You may check who signed the letter they sent back to you and use that post. However, addressed to the Visa Section should suffice. In regards to what type of posting method to use just use registered NIPOST or EMS if you wish and no need to include return paid postage. Make sure your return address is a deliverable address include P.O.BOX if possible.
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by shakers(m): 11:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
i was surprised to see today when i check my passport it was not stamped rejected, they just wrote on the paper that came with the documents i submitted that i do not have travelling history hence they are not sure i would return if given the temp visa, i had earlier thought they stamped my passport rejected, pls is that how the Canadian High commission operate or mine was an exception,
pls ideas are still needed because when i saw this today i thought about re applying again.
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by dellnet: 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
@shakers seems you have money to waste.
Re: Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next by suxes2005(m): 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2011
@shakers, why not try USA, i odnt think you need go through
all this stress and moreover you know ur fate durin d interview

SHALOM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Container Truck Tumbles In Maza-maza,lagos (photos) / Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City / Fred Olawale Makanjuola (Crystal Services) Scams 7,000 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.