Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer (40572 Views)

ASUU Divided Over FG's Offer To End Strike / Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige / ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by icebird25(m): 8:15am On Oct 20, 2020
That means the strike continues ...let me go and join HK

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Jung(m): 8:15am On Oct 20, 2020
Any girl looking to marry since this strike no go end anytime soon?

Contact me biko.

Must be from 21 years and above, ready to settle down and have babies asap.

I have 2 bedroom apartment, Generator and DSTV for zeeworld.

Spectranet for unlimited Netflix binging and browsing 24/7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Alexis11: 8:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Rilwayne001:

People are out there fighting a specificity (against police brutality), not generality (bad governance). If this fight was for better governance entirely, then it'd be an onus on every Nigerians to fight the fight because we suffer from bad governance on daily basis. But this particular fight against police brutality is a fight we're not sure we can win, because it's a definite thing worldwide that police are generally always brutal in a corrupt society. Nigeria is one of the most corrupt country in the world and hence it's expected that police officers here should be the most corrupt, which eventually is obvious. Hence for police brutality to end in Nigeria, it must start by ending bad and corrupt governance. Is #EndSARs about ending bad and corrupt governance? No!

Why then should we not resume school again?

Na real head dey on top your neck.
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by brexit: 8:16am On Oct 20, 2020
ASUU needs to be careful, based on the the current trend if they fail to do the needful they will lose everything to nationwide protest

Wisdom demands that they take the offer now and call off the strike

They are the next target, if they fail to maximize this opportunity it will lead to the Federal government proscribing all the Unions on campus through Executive Order

Let them appear real and stop this hide and seek game

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Jung(m): 8:17am On Oct 20, 2020
Alexis11:

Lol... Please stop selling that BS to us. It's stale.

The fight is primarily for their salaries and allowances.

Yes, so they should teach for free and not get paid. Nice one.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Plut01: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2020

Before I do blame ASUU for being inconsiderate, but with the amount our pot bellied politicians (especially Senators) take home each month, I changed my mind that these Lecturers deserve more. They should continue the strike until the government answers them.

Student Union needs to stop being stupid and lend their support.

20 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by stabilizer: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2020
This is not my problem. Is there no country that needs a used president? We really need to put our president up for sale at a very cheap price to aid quick sale.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by derabbi: 8:18am On Oct 20, 2020
This resolution by ASUU branches is 'a checkmate'. FG, your unfulfilled promises has resulted to this. Nigerian Students are in a 'sorry state'. Note: when two elephants fights, it's the grass that suffers the most.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by jolyment: 8:19am On Oct 20, 2020
brexit:
ASUU needs to be careful, based on the the current trend if they fail to do the needful they will lose everything to nationwide protest

They are the next target, if they fail to maximize this opportunity it will lead to the Federal government proscribing all the Unions on campus through Executive Order

They're demanding for legitimate demands. FG should honour agreement.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Plut01: 8:20am On Oct 20, 2020
Jung:

Contact me biko.

"I have 2 bedroom apartment, Generator and DSTV for zeeworld."

cheesy cheesy
See how you useless Naija ladies

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Mires: 8:21am On Oct 20, 2020
If ASUU for the first time can stand on this, it will be very good.

All nonsense must stop in the country. Enough is Enough.

11 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Crenzywilliams(m): 8:28am On Oct 20, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
mehn this is serious.
Na God go punish all those Universities that still stands against suspension of strike.
Wicked entities embarassed
You don't understand this issue, it's not the fault of the striking lecturers to continue with the strike, it's the F.G that's always been relenching on all previously agreed conditions before but would never implement any of the agreements reached...so you should direct your anger to them or not ASUU.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Jung(m): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2020
Plut01:

"I have 2 bedroom apartment, Generator and DSTV for zeeworld."

cheesy cheesy
See how you useless Naija ladies

How now? You want them to suffer? Omo enjoy life abeg.

Please keep the lines open!!! Still accepting!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Gordson: 8:29am On Oct 20, 2020
If ASUU should accept their useless offer na God go punish them. I sat on the window to receive lectures for a course for about 12 - 13 weeks in school, while some of my colleagues sat on the floor because of no infrastructure.

Useless federal government

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Jman06(m): 8:31am On Oct 20, 2020
Plut01:

Before I do blame ASUU for being inconsiderate, but with the amount our pot bellied politicians (especially Senators) take home each month, I changed my mind that these Lecturers deserve more. They should continue the strike until the government answers them.

Student Union needs to stop being stupid and lend their support.

Strike was an instrument used during the military. This is democracy! ASUU should accept what they have been offered for now, call off the strike, go back and use their heads to get whatever they want.

That is what WISDOM demands of them now.
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Ebenezer2021(m): 8:31am On Oct 20, 2020
Crenzywilliams:

You don't understand this issue, it's not the fault of the striking lecturers to continue with the strike, it's the F.G that's always been relenching on all previously agreed conditions before but would never implement any of the agreements reached...so you should direct your anger to them or not ASUU.
their differences could be settled or negotiated without keeping the students at home
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by puremaker7(m): 8:32am On Oct 20, 2020
Jung:

Contact me biko.

Lol
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Jung(m): 8:34am On Oct 20, 2020
Jman06:
Strike was an instrument used during the military. This is democracy! ASUU should accept what they have been offered for now, call off the strike, go back and use their heads to get whatever they want.

So what do you think they were doing all that time they weren't on strike?

You know how many times ASUU will send memos and reminders and get no reply? You think they just wake up and start striking?

Oya tell NASU and SSANU the same thing na

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Badooguy: 8:36am On Oct 20, 2020
Did you see 31st Dec, 3020
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by jmaine: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2020
Jman06:

You must be joking or being plain mischievous.. You mean the union should fall into the set trap that necessitated the current industrial action..

If we are in a democracy, why are citizens protesting massively to end Police brutality, while the problem still fester..

Folks like you are the reason why the politicians are taking us for a ride. We should accept their crumbs, usual lies, and manage.

How will ASUU use their heads to get whatever they want if not by rejecting lies, and demanding for implementation.

I am prolly sure you are against the #EndSARS movement going on by your defeatist view.

19 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by jmaine: 8:42am On Oct 20, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
their differences could be settled or negotiated without keeping the students at home

Yeah... No one is keeping the students at home, they can resume school cos they are in session as we speak..

The academic staff only withdrew their services as it should be in any industrial dispute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by kalu61(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2020
Make this people suspend this strike abeg.
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by zikter(m): 8:49am On Oct 20, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
You are a bit naive and ignorant at the same time. Do you know how many times ASUU used this tactic only for the government to totally back out? Don't think you know more than those lecturers fighting for their rights and that of the public universities, which are glorified secondary schools due to gross negligence by government. I wonder why people still look at ASUU as the bad guys, why politicians steal money in billions meant for development including the education sector. FG should better man up and fulfill all previous agreements and improve our public institutions instead of grandstanding

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Collinsemegreat(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2020
if u are a student and u are support of ASUU or FG, u need to check ur head!... Student have the right to demand value to the school fees they paid!

if u notice in all their decisions in various chapters none partain to student well-being! and someone will be saying they are fighting for students.

As students we should demand for value for our tuition not take sides!

It's not against the law to school in Nigerian public Universities!
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Sherirff12: 8:55am On Oct 20, 2020
@jm
Jman06:

They should use their heads to get what they want right? when they start massive sorting collection na you go still dey complain. SMH

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Jung(m): 8:56am On Oct 20, 2020
Collinsemegreat:
if u are a student and u are support of ASUU or FG, u need to check ur head!... Student have the right to demand value to the school fees they paid!

if u notice in all their decisions in various chapters none partain to student well-being! and someone will be saying they are fighting for students.

As students we should demand for value for our tuition not take sides!

It's not against the law to school in Nigerian public Universities!

Which mumu school fees you pay? You think your fees fit pay salary??

Better goan marry asap and stop yarning bants lol

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Collinsemegreat(m): 9:01am On Oct 20, 2020
Jung:

Which mumu school fees you pay? You think your fees fit pay salary??

Better goan marry asap and stop yarning bants lol

Tuition fee is tuition fee and it's universal, no matter the amount or currency!

It's our right to better education as far as the stipulated fee has been paid!
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Saintinoo(m): 9:02am On Oct 20, 2020
brexit:

Exactly my thought, ASUU have been begging to meet the govt, opportunity was made for them to meet and settle issues with the govt, they are now forming.

If i were to be Ngige, if by 2moro they still refuse the offer, i will end the meeting and ask them to go home, strike can continue till next two years and salaries will not be paid to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by lawrenzooo: 9:05am On Oct 20, 2020
brexit:

And go on another strike when government fails? My brother I am with ASUU on this one. If you allow FG they would turn our public university to what is obtainable in our public primary schools and secondary school where u have students who cannot construct simple English and our politicians would eventually send their kids to Europe.
ISTANDWITHASUU

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Jackyz: 9:08am On Oct 20, 2020
when we start start our protest then this people will know that no body is joking with them
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by Adrian9(m): 9:10am On Oct 20, 2020
Divide and conquer. Always their strategy!
Re: ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer by SlyCharlie(m): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2020
Guzel:
ASUU FUTO Owerri. Voted for full release of EAA (40 billion) Renegotiation of salary/ mainstreaming of EAA can be done within a week Withheld salaries must be paid before resumption.
LMAO.i know Sey FUTO NO GO EVER GREE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered Whysome People Have These Little Holes Above Their Ears? / Best exam portal / Why I Failed WAEC (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.