Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

China Overtakes US As World's Biggest Movie Box Office In 2020 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / China Overtakes US As World's Biggest Movie Box Office In 2020 (457 Views)

BLACKOUT Is #1 Movie At The Box Office In Nigeria / BBNaija: "Nengi Lied About Her Age, 23 In 2017, 22 In 2020” / $2.79B, Avenger Endgame Overtakes Avatar As Highest Grossing Movie In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

China Overtakes US As World's Biggest Movie Box Office In 2020 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2020
China has surpassed the US for movie ticket sales for the first time, making it the world's biggest film box office.

Sales have so far reached $1.98bn (£1.5bn) for 2020, exceeding the US total of $1.9bn, according to Asian film industry consultancy Artisan Gateway.

Analysts expect the gap to widen "considerably" by the end of the year, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

North America has traditionally led the way in dominating box office sales, but the COVID-19 pandemic appears to have accelerated the shift towards China - the world's most populous country.

The change is being attributed to cinemas in the country staying open - albeit at 75% seating capacity - and China's apparent success in containing the virus.

Its recent week-long National Day holiday also helped boost ticket sales.

Between October 1-8, the country's cinemas sold $568m (£430m) of tickets, according to latest data.

Local blockbuster My People, My Homeland, meanwhile, made $19.1m (£14m) this past weekend - with the romance raising its earnings to $360m (£272m) after almost three weeks.

China has also produced the world's biggest film of 2020 - Second World War drama The Eight Hundred - bringing in $460m (£348m) and counting.

Hollywood's biggest earner is Sony's Bad Boys for Life at $426.5m (£355m), with the US market continuing to be hit by studios pushing back releases and postponing production.

Marvel's Black Widow and the latest James Bond film will now be released next year.

Producers of No Time To Die pushed the film back a second time to April 2021 "in order to be seen by a worldwide theatrical audience".

Some industry experts are also reportedly concerned that political turmoil between Washington and Beijing could damage Hollywood's long-term position in China - the single market where film sales are on the rise again.
Source: Shttps://news.sky.com/story/china-overtakes-us-as-worlds-biggest-movie-box-office-in-2020-12108349

Re: China Overtakes US As World's Biggest Movie Box Office In 2020 by Froshloaded: 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
Dirkcoyt:
There is a DAIS- bitch that I bleeped on the 4th of janaury naso the babe return school Tasued na olosho for inmessage but codedly . Very tall bîtch! Nothing wey I no use the dumb girl do. I wan Bleep am again not because of anything but she’s very very very dumb and I like my hoes dumb you know this type of îtches you tell them to do this and that and they won’t even question you first So she makes all my fantasies happen!

Last time girl I was recording video as she dey suck me and as I Dey Bleep her and she no even hesitate na me even use cloth cover her face and I even tell am make she pose I wan take full picture of her Omo she still pose give me different style not even a question was asked!!! Oh I love them dumb hoes soooooo much.

So I call an lastweek say when she dey show ibadan she say this weekend naso I fall am today she say her parent say no need for her to show I guess dem no wan waste money . Naso she say if I send am tfare 1200 she go dey come spend the weekend go back on Monday I say good. I send am 1500. Bîtch will soon be on the way I go give an 1500 to go back again that makes 3k I go give an 2k make she take hold body if she dey go naso I give an 2k5 for shortime sef na dumb hoe she no go say anything. So total should be 5k!

I Dey file my dick for ground I go carry rope go cause I wan tie am for bed grin I go fûck till she can’t close her thighs

Boss how far?
Re: China Overtakes US As World's Biggest Movie Box Office In 2020 by puremaker7(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
This is what China want

(1) (Reply)

Lukuluku Bantashi / Download Hometown Cha Cha Cha (2021) Episode 3 / The Tale Of A Giantess Zara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.