Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? (2108 Views)

Why Christians Should Start Protests Now! / Tinubu to #EndSARS Protesters: You Have Made Your Point, Call Off Protests Now / The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Demdem(m): 12:40am On Oct 20, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Ok whats your question Let me give you my reply

Go back and read.
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by nkwuocha: 12:41am On Oct 20, 2020
Demdem:

Na ur mama be maggot. grin grin
Swear over any of ur loved ones that am a politician or aligned to any. Hopeless eediot not ready to accept the truth.

Your mother's rotten cu'nt!

cool
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Demdem(m): 12:41am On Oct 20, 2020
nkwuocha:

My mother's rotten and putrid cu'nt!

cool

Well said.
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Rosskii: 12:44am On Oct 20, 2020
HarryDuce:
Give the government time and space to make oppressive laws and hide pocket filling loopholes you mean?

The government has not done anything concrete so far to meet the demands of the protesters. We haven't seen any progressive laws or bills on the issue. Telling us, "we will" is for the gullible to be deceived. It's sad people are losing steam already; giving avenue for unfocused individuals. But that's to be expected.

Are you aware that SARS has been disbanded, as demanded by the protesters?
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by nkwuocha: 12:44am On Oct 20, 2020
Demdem mother's rotten cunt.post=95113133:

Well said.

cool
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by XXXXTENTACION: 12:44am On Oct 20, 2020
Rosskii:

i never said that. Use your head, and try and grasp the point.

Nigeria 'becoming better' is a gradual process, not an overnight one.

You cannot force overnight development through demonstrations. It is one thing at a time.

You've started with SARs. Fine. When that is resolved, you move on to the next specific item.

Simply saying we are demonstrating for ''a better Nigeria'' is vague, senseless, and open to all sorts of manipulation by forces even you do not understand.
So in essence you are saying we should not demonstrate for a better Nigeria right
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by XXXXTENTACION: 12:45am On Oct 20, 2020
Demdem:

Go back and read.
go back and read what
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Demdem(m): 12:47am On Oct 20, 2020
nkwuocha:

My mother's rotten cu'nt!

cool

Impressive.
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by nkwuocha: 12:49am On Oct 20, 2020
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Rosskii: 12:51am On Oct 20, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
So in essence you are saying we should not demonstrate for a better Nigeria right

Yes, because ''a better Nigeria'' is a vague, senseless, and dumb request.

Every nation on earth needs to be ''better''. There is no perfect place on earth. Not even nearly perfect.

In the USA 20,000 Americans are killed by gun violence each year. Another 70,000 are killed by drug abuse (opioids). Millions are homeless. Police brutality is a big issue there as well. Racism is a terrible affliction there. Wealth inequality there is huge, with the top 2% owning something like 50% of the nation's wealth.

''It is estimated that 734,630 people were raped (threatened, attempted, or completed) in the United States in 2018'', according to wiki.

Do you see Americans demonstrating for ''a better America'' due to those facts?

No. If they want to demonstrate, they pick ONE issue.

They know that if they simply say ''we want a better America'', it dissolves into nothingness and anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by HarryDuce(m): 12:55am On Oct 20, 2020
Rosskii:

Are you aware that SARS has been disbanded, as demanded by the protesters?

This is 2019 news. Nothing we're not familiar with.

What about the police force as a whole? Very dysfunctional. What has been done besides giving empty speeches?

Bills? Laws? Codes?
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by XXXXTENTACION: 12:59am On Oct 20, 2020
Rosskii:

Yes, because ''a better Nigeria'' is a vague, senseless, and dumb request.
Every nation on earth needs to be ''better''. There is no perfect place on earth. Not even nearly perfect.
In the USA 20,000 Americans are killed by gun violence each year. Another 70,000 are killed by drug abuse (opioids). Millions are homeless. Police brutality is a big issue there as well. Racism is a terrible affliction there. Wealth inequality there is huge, with the top 2% owning something like 50% of the nation's wealth.
''It is estimated that 734,630 people were raped (threatened, attempted, or completed) in the United States in 2018'', according to wiki.
Do you see Americans demonstrating for ''a better America'' due to those facts?
No. If they want to demonstrate, they pick ONE issue.
They know that if they simply say ''we want a better America'', it dissolves into
Can you compare the figures of people killed in Nigeria due to gun violence versus that of America
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Rosskii: 1:00am On Oct 20, 2020
HarryDuce:
This is 2019 news. Nothing we're not familiar with.

What about the police force as a whole? Very dysfunctional. What has been done besides giving empty speeches?

Bills? Laws? Codes?

The demonstration was against SARS.

It's called 'EndSars'.

THAT has been achieved!!

NOW, if you want to start a movement to end police brutality in general, you go home, map out your specific demands for police reform, and come out with them, perhaps in a new round of demonstrations.

But to just stay on the streets making demand after demand is hurting the nation's economy and stability, in addition to being senseless.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Rosskii: 1:02am On Oct 20, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Can you compare the figures of people killed in Nigeria due to gun violence versus that of America

The American figures are far worse.

I've actually lived in the US, and I've been held up at gunpoint TWICE there, just going about my normal business. On another occasion I narrowly escaped assassination by a guy whose girlfriend dumped him for me.

I've never been held up at gunpoint in Nigeria.

In America, you dare not start a quarrel with a random guy on the street like we do in Nigeria. Many people there walk around armed, and resort to their guns when they feel insulted. They have very short tempers.

I can assure you, America is 10 times more violent than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by HarryDuce(m): 1:08am On Oct 20, 2020
Rosskii:

The demonstration was against SARS.

It's called 'EndSars'.

THAT has been achieved!!

NOW, if you want to start a movement to end police brutality in general, you go home, map out your specific demands for police reform, and come out with them, perhaps in a new round of demonstrations.

But to just stay on the streets making demand after demand is hurting the nation's economy and stability, in addition to being senseless.

The protesters demand five things to be addressed not just end "sars". Even the presidency acknowledges as much.

Anyway, nothing will work without addressing the crucial issues. I feel the government needs to be kept in their toes or else they'll slack as usual. That they have banned sars will not prevent a regular constable from demanding bribes.
People protesting for entirely different purposes are just making use of opportunity. It was inevitable.
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by XXXXTENTACION: 1:14am On Oct 20, 2020
Rosskii:

The American figures are far worse.

I've actually lived in the US, and I've been held up at gunpoint TWICE there, just going about my normal business. On another occasion I narrowly escaped assassination by a guy whose girlfriend dumped him for me.

I've never been held up at gunpoint in Nigeria.

I can assure you, America is 10 times more violent than Nigeria.
your comment truly shows that you might be from the middle or upper class families in Nigeria. hence you have not lived in ghetto areas or slums(e.g ajegunle, warri, e.t.c) in Nigeria. Am sure thats why you are thinking than Nigeria is peaceful.
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Rosskii: 1:17am On Oct 20, 2020
HarryDuce:
The protesters demand five things to be addressed not just end "sars". Even the presidency acknowledges as much.

True, but they are all allied to the defunct SARS and police. The demands made, such as ''increase police salaries'', cannot be met instantly. You need a budget revisit/reappraisal. You need debate and negotiations in the House/Senate to determine the level of increments etc etc. This is a democracy.

It's not something that can be done in a matter of days!! THAT is not ''good governance''.
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Rosskii: 1:20am On Oct 20, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
your comment truly shows that you might be from the middle or upper class families in Nigeria. hence you have not lived in ghetto areas or slums (e.g ajegunle, warri, e.t.c) in Nigeria. Am sure thats why you are thinking than Nigeria is peaceful.

My friend go and sit down.

People in Ajegunle do not walk around with concealed guns ready to shoot you if you have an argument with them. In America you can be sitting in your car playing music, and someone will just walk up to your window and shoot you for no sensible reason. This happened a lot while I was there. On one occasion, this youth was asked why he shot this guy sitting in his jeep, and he said he didn't like the kind of music he was playing.
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by lexxwiz(m): 6:37am On Oct 20, 2020
Demdem:

Ipobian, how dare u talk to me about political affiliation. Do u think we do not know how u lot started with TAN of GEJ. Advocating and demanding for the drunkards continuity in a better Nigeria. When u lot lost an election u now become hate filled souls. Again, anything ipobian is warped and senseless. That's why u will choose to hide behind legitimate endsars protest to drive ur agenda because u know the support isn't there for ur warped reasoning even right from ur base.

Insulting you will be a downgrade to my person. Now listen son, I understand you need this job that you’re currently doing on here cause your lowlife needs the crumb to survive but then, search your inner soul and you may find a reason to know that your future won’t be better than the useless it already is if things don’t change.

The real change opportunity is here, join hands with your generation and help try to correct the system.

Ode’m. I know you’re a coward so I don’t expect you to participate in anything that will change your life but then, shut up and respect people who don’t want things to remain thesame. Why are you so negative?

You’re an irritating cyber bully. You’re weak!

Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by XXXXTENTACION: 7:33am On Oct 20, 2020
Rosskii:
In America you can be sitting in your car playing music, and someone will just walk up to your window and shoot you for this youth was asked why he shot this guy sitting in his jeep, and he said he didn't like the kind of music he was playing.
na small thing. undecided
In naija here we have armed bandits who terrorise villages and cause mayhem.

We also have the fulani herdsmen who move around with AK-47 and sharp cutlass, any little argument with them can easily get you killed. undecided

We also have the boko-haram which is the 4th deadliest terrorist organization in the world this ones operate with bombs and I.E.Ds.

we also have cultism.
you can easily get killed for being gay keeping dreadlocks here is dan..

another sure way to die in Nigeria is during elections. I don't need to tell you how violent election is here. E.t.c

they is high rate of violence in Nigeria most of which don't get reported to the police even the ones reported get swept under the carpet.
Re: Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? by Demdem(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2020
[s]
lexxwiz:

Insulting you will be a downgrade to my person. Now listen son, I understand you need this job that you’re currently doing on here cause your lowlife needs the crumb to survive but then, search your inner soul and you may find a reason to know that your future won’t be better than the useless it already is if things don’t change.

The real change opportunity is here, join hands with your generation and help try to correct the system.

Ode’m. I know you’re a coward so I don’t expect you to participate in anything that will change your life but then, shut up and respect people who don’t want things to remain thesame. Why are you so negative?

You’re an irritating cyber bully. You’re weak!
[/s]

Ipobian shift. This endsars protest isn't for u to exploit. Get ur hatred filled heart to the bottomless pit. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Religious Leaders Welcome Joe Biden As Second Chatholic To Win Presidency . / Ipob’s Full Blown War On Nigerian Police In The South East & The Silence Of St.. / Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.