Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan (39067 Views)

Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden / Weekend Getaway At Niagara Falls Canada With Pictures / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:07am On Oct 20, 2020
Ibadan has always been one of my favourite locations, after covering all the top tourist attractions in Lagos and visiting over 20 beach destinations in Lagos, I felt there was a need to cover other states. My mantra has always been one state at a time. So I set off to Ibadan. I have so lovely experiences in Ibadan.
I have heard about Agodi garden but never paid much attention to this place. I feel Ibadan is one of the most underrated tourist states in Nigeria. This state is full of so many potentials. I have visited most of the tourist attractions in this great city.
Agodi garden has a very rich history and it is built on 150 acres of green vegetation. it was established in 1967 and was abandoned in 1980 after it was destroyed by the popular Ogunpa flood disaster.

I noticed most of these Government-owned tourist attractions are not travel blogger friendly. So I was not allowed to use my camera and almost got in trouble for using my phones. We have a long way to go. As a sharp Lagos guy, I had to threaten them before they calm down just like the kid telling his mum to calm down.
One thing I usually do whenever I visit a destination. I would ask for the do's and don'ts. They asked for some ridiculous amount if I were to use my digital camera. So I asked if I could use my phone they said no problem. I went in and I observe everyone watching me as I was taking pictures,. Then one of them walked up to me and rudely asked me to identify myself. Then I told him he has no right to ask me such questions and if he was curious about what I was doing that there are better ways to go about it and that if he acts up I will make a couple of phone calls and he will be in trouble. Well he got scared when I said that then I identified myself as a travel blogger. He then explained that some people often come and write trash about them. Then I told him with the way you spoke to me do you think I would give you a positive review?

Anyways we later became friends and I continued snapping because you guys deserve to see the world through my lens.

https://www.travelwaka.com/agodi-gardens-ibadan-a-state-of-the-art-botanical-garden/

Check out this video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mY-8VlmyNQ

6 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:07am On Oct 20, 2020
We are organizing a tour to Ikogosi Warm Spring and Erin Ijesha waterfall. Please click here to join https://www.travelwaka.com/join-our-tours/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:15am On Oct 20, 2020
They have some sets of dos and don'ts. They open from 10am to 8pm daily and for the night lovers there is a bar where you can get assorted foods and drinks

The first thing I did was to stop by at the bar before starting the tour of the facility. The bar is closer to the gate . The gate fee is 500 naira and it grants you access to every part of the facility except the swimming pool where you will pay an extra 500 to gain access.

Agodi Garden is a combination of a leisure park and a mini zoo
The landscape is well maintained and the green vegetation will leave you breathless.

9 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:18am On Oct 20, 2020
I give them 100% in terms of maintaining the greenery. I am a lover of nature and flower and I know how difficult it can be maintaining grasses. So seeing the green vegetation already made my day.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:26am On Oct 20, 2020
I got a little disappointed when I visited the zoo. I am not a fan of keeping an animal if you can not take care of them. The mini zoo is a no go area. There are no tour guides, You will have to figure things out on your own. The zoo looks like a deserted place. I passed the place twice without realizing that was the zoo. There was no notice no banner, nothing! To make matters worse it was covered in bushes. It was a lonely path and no one to ask so I decided to walk that lonely path and what I could describe as scary. I finally saw some hungry looking monkeys in cages and that broke my heart. Then some lean looking crocs and alligators. well obviously they were the only surviving animals present and that is because of their ruggedness to harsh condition.

I also saw some donkeys roaming freely . The zoo is a no go area. Its not worth the stress.

12 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:32am On Oct 20, 2020
After the zoo disappointment, I headed straight to the pool. It was supposed to be a waterpark but it was under maintenance at the time I visited so I just had to take pictures.

The pool size is picture-perfect, It is the children's pool and the adult pool area.

Other facilities at the park include, however other activities will require extra payment.
Merry go round for kids
Forest reserve
Lake
Mini zoo
Play area
Boat ride
Swimming Pool
Bouncing castle
Horse riding
Hoverboard
Paintballing

To get more information visit https://www.travelwaka.com/agodi-gardens-ibadan-a-state-of-the-art-botanical-garden/

7 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:33am On Oct 20, 2020
More lovely pictures at Agodi garden

7 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:36am On Oct 20, 2020
Na person wey dey alive dey travel oo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 20, 2020
The land is green is green for me

4 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by dingbang(m): 5:08am On Oct 20, 2020
undecided
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by tillaman(m): 6:03am On Oct 20, 2020
sad
Agodi garden zoo is an eye sore, those monkeys will eat anything they see even if it’s fufu, I was so sad when I visited there last year March
Crocs looking so malnourished and all that
I guess The birds are the only animals that gets fed once in a while!!
The OYSG no try for that way at all

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Petyprincess(f): 6:37am On Oct 20, 2020
I'm also disappointed seeing the zoo lipsrsealed
It looks like a soakaway covered with cage with a hungry looking monkey.

The so called resort can do better, Nigeria resort be looking like a deserted building nd bushes angry

Seychelles and Mauritius resort are definitely one of the best in Africa!!

17 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 9:47am On Oct 20, 2020
tillaman:
sad
Agodi garden zoo is an eye sore, those monkeys will eat anything they see even if it’s fufu, I was so sad when I visited there last year March
Crocs looking so malnourished and all that
I guess The birds are the only animals that gets fed once in a while!!
The OYSG no try for that way at all

You are right it's pathetic, I hate animal brutality. Most zoos have developed a way to farm what they feed their animals and some have collaborated with big farms to get food

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 10:09am On Oct 20, 2020
We have a long way to go. The sad thing is some some beaches can't even maintain their beach, everywhere will look lettered and there are so many tourist potentials in Nigeria
Petyprincess:
I'm also disappointed seeing the zoo :X
It looks like a soakaway covered with cage with a hungry looking monkey.

The so called resort can do better, Nigeria resort be looking like a deserted building nd bushes angry

Seychelles and Mauritius resort are definitely one of the best in Africa!!

2 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by LukasPodolski: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2020
lalasticlala mynd44
front page please, let's start wooing foreigners with our tourist attraction.

Tourism in Nigeria is Zero.

1 Like

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Ayomarcel(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
Beautiful.. but the Zoo needs maintenance. It has always been like that for years.

5 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by naughtylagosguy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nice one
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Darkerberry: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
There used to be two thin and starving lions there also, very large tortoise and some birds too, guess those have died of hunger now..

OP nice job anyways, you made beautiful shots of the green reserve and if you're interested there's another of such destination in ibadan, I got there for the first time weeks ago and I'm sure it will make a great addition to your list..

4 Likes

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by qualitymart: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
travelwaka:
They have some sets of dos and don'ts. They open from 10am to 8pm daily and for the night lovers there is a bar where you can get assorted foods and drinks

The first thing I did was to stop by at the bar before starting the tour of the facility. The bar is closer to the gate . The gate fee is 500 naira and it grants you access to every part of the facility except the swimming pool where you will pay an extra 500 to gain access.

Agodi Garden is a combination of a leisure park and a mini zoo
The landscape is well maintained and the green vegetation will leave you breathless.
You've got very good camera because the place in reality is not as beautiful as this

I've been there times without numbers but the entire place needs attention. Horse shit go litter everywhere like wtf!

Also, I'm not a fan of heavy sound so the bar inside the garden is a turn off for me. I always stay closer to suyaman side just to eat & sip some soft drinks

I'm not sure the crocodile inside the zoo is still alive

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by bfn1: 12:13am On Nov 11, 2020
Darkerberry:
There used to be two thin and starving lions there also, very large tortoise and some birds too, guess those have died of hunger now..

OP nice job anyways, you made beautiful shots of the green reserve and if you're interested there's another of such destination in ibadan, I got there for the first time weeks ago and I'm sure it will make a great addition to your list..

I'm interested in the "...another of such destination..."
Care to mention the name?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Petrasoul: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
It's beautiful but I think it needs much more funding to make it a top-notch tourist destination. Meanwhile, anyone planning to visit can also check out hotels near Agodi Gardens at www.hotels.ng
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Darkerberry: 11:05am On Nov 12, 2020
bfn1:

I'm interested in the "...another of such destination..."
Care to mention the name?

Ok bro, it's the ILAJI Resorts and Sports Reserve.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 11:15am On Nov 12, 2020
Lalasticlala can we do this someday
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Shortcut2life: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
D
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by goldtube(m): 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
cool
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by whela(m): 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
Zoo in a zoo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by UCHIHAmask: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
travelwaka:
Ibadan has always been one of my favourite locations, after covering all the top tourist attractions in Lagos and visiting over 20 beach destinations in Lagos, I felt there was a need to cover other states. My mantra has always been one state at a time. So I set off to Ibadan. I have so lovely experiences in Ibadan.
I have heard about Agodi garden but never paid much attention to this place. I feel Ibadan is one of the most underrated tourist states in Nigeria. This state is full of so many potentials. I have visited most of the tourist attractions in this great city.
Agodi garden has a very rich history and it is built on 150 acres of green vegetation. it was established in 1967 and was abandoned in 1980 after it was destroyed by the popular Ogunpa flood disaster.

I noticed most of these Government-owned tourist attractions are not travel blogger friendly. So I was not allowed to use my camera and almost got in trouble for using my phones. We have a long way to go. As a sharp Lagos guy, I had to threaten them before they calm down just like the kid telling his mum to calm down.
One thing I usually do whenever I visit a destination. I would ask for the do's and don'ts. They asked for some ridiculous amount if I were to use my digital camera. So I asked if I could use my phone they said no problem. I went in and I observe everyone watching me as I was taking pictures,. Then one of them walked up to me and rudely asked me to identify myself. Then I told him he has no right to ask me such questions and if he was curious about what I was doing that there are better ways to go about it and that if he acts up I will make a couple of phone calls and he will be in trouble. Well he got scared when I said that then I identified myself as a travel blogger. He then explained that some people often come and write trash about them. Then I told him with the way you spoke to me do you think I would give you a positive review?

Anyways we later became friends and I continued snapping because you guys deserve to see the world through my lens.

https://www.travelwaka.com/agodi-gardens-ibadan-a-state-of-the-art-botanical-garden/

Check out this video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mY-8VlmyNQ
Wonderful
When money and time go dey we go enta dis kain place wella
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Abusadiq01(m): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
I just dey Observe

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by FRUTVEGS(f): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Come N Book Your Space For Your Sallad & TigerNut Milk wink
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by GoshenNLA(m): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
They first and last time I went there, I was a kid
Who know Imade
Kindly check my signature for high quality jerseys for major clubs and country #StrictlyOriginal
#iSELL #iBRAND

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha / Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.