Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? (5500 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares The Content Of Her DM With A Guy On Twitter / Girl Replies A Guy On Facebook After 5 Years After She Saw A Pic Of Him In US / Girl Gets Insulted Because She Refused To Visit A Guy On Their First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
If you're here, let me start by clearing the air.

Catcalling is when an unwanted sexual comment is issued to someone in public. It is a form of sexual harassment and very rude.

Usually it is from men to women walking by the street. This happens a lot in busy parts of Lagos.

So down to the big question

AS A WOMAN, HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE?

Feel free to share your experience, I'm sure other ladies can learn and discuss around it as well

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by chatinent: 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
Here to read truths and liexperiences.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
There was a time i was strolling with my cousin and some two guys turned back to look at her behind and were issuing sexual comments about it.

My cousin didn't know, but those two guys created so much attention that other people around noticed easily.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
Even as a guy, this made me unsettled

nwaezeemmanuel:
There was a time i was strolling with my cousin and some two guys turned back to look at her behind and were issuing sexual comments about it.

My cousin didn't know, but those two guys created so much attention that other people around noticed easily.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by Fixednaija(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
Shatta Bandle mocks Davido networth!

Watch and please kindly Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Trending Gists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPRxHQp3Lnc
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
An illustrated example of catcalling

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
Many times, women keep quiet about it and don't know it is wrong.

In some countries, such comments are enough to warrant charges for sexual harassment
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
chatinent:
Here to read liexperiences.
This is rich coming from you.

2 Likes

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
If perhaps you are a woman and quite shy to post it here, you can mail it to me.

I really think this should be discussed
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by chatinent: 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
It happens every time.

Many perverts everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by debbydams(f): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
Another experience was from a friend of mine.

She has to be at home before 8pm every day because of the guys that whistle and comment about her body whenever she passes by.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
I'm always surprised at how some guys catcall ladies with confidence. Some even go as far as make physical contact

chatinent:
It happens every time.

Many perverts everywhere.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by chatinent: 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I'm always surprised at how some guys catcall ladies with confidence. Some even go as far as make physical contact

It's disgusting and uncultured.

Most who do it are thug-like and look like they have a blank future at first sight.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
grin grin grin

chatinent:

It's disgusting and uncultured.

Most who do it are thug-like and look like they have a blank future at first sight.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
@purples25
@fati2001
@StacyO
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
I think it's not bad for a woman to catch a guy's sight on the street, it gets wrong when you start sexualising her from nowhere
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by drnoel: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
If you're here, let me start by clearing the air.

Catcalling is when an unwanted sexual comment is issued to someone in public. It is a form of sexual harassment and very rude.

Usually it is from men to women walking by the street. This happens a lot in busy parts of Lagos.

So down to the big question

AS A WOMAN, HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE?

Feel free to share your experience, I'm sure other ladies can learn and discuss around it as well

Women also do this to men so what gives?

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by Freestainworld(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
women have done this to me severally, I no know weda na my fault say I fine.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
Really? Share your experience

drnoel:

Women also do this to men so what gives?
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Share your experience in detail please

Freestainworld:
women have done this to me severally, I no know weda na my fault say I fine.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
Do guys also get catcalled? YES

But men do it more, and women are usually at the receiving end of this.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by drnoel: 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Really? Share your experience

If u went to university, u will know what am talking about. Atleast that is one experience one can state. A friend has had a group of women whistle and shout slurry words at him as he jugged past. He said he shouted back at them, "that is sexual harassment". They shouted back, "we know". But didn't stop. Their assessment of his commodities. He said, he just took it on a light shoulder.

5 Likes

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by fati2001(m): 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
no

2 Likes

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
I never said you were lieing, i just said you should share your experience which you did.

I'm not surprised women do it, just trying to capture the magnitude of how more guys do it than women.

drnoel:

If u were to the university, u will know what am talking about. Atleast that is one experience one can state. A friend has had a group of women whistle and shout slurry words at him as he hugged past. He said he shouted back to them, "that is sexual harassment". They shouted back, "we know". But didn't stop. Their assessment of his commodities. He said, he just took it on a light shoulder.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
Thanks for responding grin

fati2001:
no

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by purples25(f): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
Aah here we go. Too many times.

But its happened so many times I just fend it off when it does. One day when I'm too old it will stop so i don't really care tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
D day wey i enter victory go buy lighter. Omo u go fear catcalling 4rm these ashawos.
na so so bros
"dz ur preek long wella, e go sweet o.
bros mke i hol dat preek na.
bros u be fyn boi, cum do small na.

i guess op has never passed d midst of females in groups. U go fear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
Sorry about that

purples25:
Aah here we go. Too many times.

But its happened so many times I just fend it off when it does. One day when I'm too old it will stop so i don't really care tongue

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
Lol, i have being catcalled by sex workers - stop assuming.

I have a similar experience with you. This post was meant for women to share their experiences.

Thanks for sharing yours though.

PrinceofAgoAre:
D day wey i enter victory go buy lighter. Omo u go fear catcalling 4rm these ashawos.
na so so bros
"dz ur preek long wella, e go sweet o.
bros mke i hol dat preek na.
bros u be fyn boi, cum do small na.

i guess op has never passed d midst of females in groups. U go fear
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by purples25(f): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Sorry about that

It's okay.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by tnerro1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
I do it in my head sha, hope is not wrong grin just saw a girl with a tight short black leather skirt, hmmmmmmmmmm , make I no say anything grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Guys Are Mad (photo) / What Turns Men On? / hj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.