Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State (40382 Views)

Police Bans Biafran Flag In Delta State, Warns IPOB / Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions / Imo Police Bans Protests 24 Hours To Supreme Court Judgement Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by zionmde: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
LikeAking:

u don dey fear.

Lol

The citizens are bigger than any govt
Not in nigeria

wen soldiers start barricading the streets, go and close to dem and tell dem dat. Dont just hide behind ur keyboard

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by chaloner(m): 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Seem they are clearly winning the strategy war
yes but they won't at the end
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by LikeAking: 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:

Not in nigeria

wen soldiers start barricading the streets, go and close to dem and tell dem dat. Dont just hide behind ur keyboard

Guy the citizens are bigger than the govt.

think outside.

Army uniform no b bullet prof.

Get small mind na.

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by xynerise: 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
NotNairalandi:
I think the president should address the country this night because things are getting out of hand
You mean read the script to us?

He can't address the country freestyle. I wonder how he advises his children at home. Maybe he reads script to them

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by Johnrake69: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:
good,
The sweet protest dat started last week has turned into something it was not initially meant for. We should have all sticked to the Endsars campaign without any deviation. Sars has been disbanded, we should have sticked for prosecution of killer sars personnel and freeing innocent victims of police brutality. Proper justice for victims of police brutality and an end to police brutality. So much progress has been made in these areas

Until some stuppid ignorant individuals decided to turn into a call for good governance, buhari must go and other political gibberish all in the name of revolution. Leading to the widespread violence we are experiencing today.

And am asking, presidential election was just last year, where did the youths stand - Behind Buhari and Atiku
Edo election was few weeks ago, where did the youths stand - Behind eze iyamu and Obaseki
Ondo election just passed, where did the youths stand - Behind Akeredeolu and jegede

Ask the youths if they knew about the young politicians that contested those elections they will tell u no.
When it was time to speak, they stood behind the same old leaders

Revolution kee all of them there
I wish any miscreant caught should replace the freed prisoners immediately

2023 will soon be here, u will soon start hearing we Igbos are behind Atiku, we yorubas are behind Tinubu bla bla bla

This has always been part of the play book of the oppressive ruling class. The pictures of James Nwafor has been trending for a week on all platforms. Has the police command declared him wanted? It's not in their interest in carrying any reforms.

Its disappointing to hear youths talk about negotiating on reforms with the government as if we're all new to Nigeria. The 2009 FG and ASUU agreements is still being negotiated after 11years. The ruling class will never implement any thing that won't give them access to loot public funds.

Why would they care about police reforms when they are same people looting money meant for the police? Reforms means all the money budgeted for police will be accounted for and utilized to the improvement of the welfare of police personnel.

Why would they employ more personnel when salaries are first line charge? The more you pay in salaries the less money available to award dubious contracts to Ghost companies.

Why would they care about Upgrading our schools when their kids school abroad?

Why would they care about fixing power when billions are budgeted for diesel to run their mikano lister?

And you my friend will be make a big mistake by demonizing youths that has become a problem to themselves and the society. The oppressive ruling class is solely responsible the misnomer we are experiencing today.

We should all see the misguided youths as victims and of course, we're all victims just that some are having it better than others.

The real criminals are the dominant and oppressive ruling class. Fela called them animals. And he was right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by zionmde: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
LikeAking:

Guy the citizens are bigger than the govt.

think outside.

Army uniform no b bullet prof.

Get small mind na.
As i said before, tell soldiers dat wen they come to barricade our streets. We are in democracy, we selected our leaders. Lets live with the consequence of our choices
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by zionmde: 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2020
Johnrake69:

This has always been part of the play book of the oppressive ruling class. The pictures of James Nwafor has been trending for a week on all platforms. Has the police command declared him wanted? It's not in their interest in carrying any reforms.

Its disappointing to hear youths talk about negotiating on reforms with the government as if we're all new to Nigeria. The 2009 FG and ASUU agreements is still being negotiated after 11years. The ruling class will never implement any thing that won't give them access to loot public funds.

Why would they care about police reforms when they are same people looting money meant for the police? Reforms means all the money budgeted for police will be accounted for and utilized to the improvement of the welfare of police personnel.

Why would they employ more personnel when salaries are first line charge? The more you pay in salaries the less money available to award dubious contracts to Ghost companies.

Why would they care about Upgrading our schools when their kids school abroad?

Why would they care about fixing power when billions are budgeted for diesel to run their mikano lister?

And you my friend will be make a big mistake by demonizing youths that has become a problem to themselves and the society. The oppressive ruling class is solely responsible the misnomer we are experiencing today.

We should all see the misguided youths as victims and of course, we're all victims just that some are having it better than others.

The real criminals are the dominant and oppressive ruling class. Fela called them animals. And he was right

U had the power to choose ur leaders and correct these mistakes last year. What did u do with dat power?
Dats the question am asking all the so called revolutionists. All the "they" "they" u are mentioning, was it not you and I and dat put them in the position of power?
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by Vixlot: 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:
good,
The sweet protest dat started last week has turned into something it was not initially meant for. We should have all sticked to the Endsars campaign without any deviation. Sars has been disbanded, we should have sticked for prosecution of killer sars personnel and freeing innocent victims of police brutality. Proper justice for victims of police brutality and an end to police brutality. So much progress has been made in these areas

Until some stuppid ignorant individuals decided to turn into a call for good governance, buhari must go and other political gibberish all in the name of revolution. Leading to the widespread violence we are experiencing today.

And am asking, presidential election was just last year, where did the youths stand - Behind Buhari and Atiku
Edo election was few weeks ago, where did the youths stand - Behind eze iyamu and Obaseki
Ondo election just passed, where did the youths stand - Behind Akeredeolu and jegede

Ask the youths if they knew about the young politicians that contested those elections they will tell u no.

2023 will soon be here, u will soon start hearing we Igbos are behind Atiku, we yorubas are behind Tinubu bla bla bla
God you and your mother that gave you to us
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by Usmankno: 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2020
E don happen..now the protesters will remain at their homes to drink garri,no more free food.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by AyoConduit: 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:
good,

We are tired of the status quo.
We'll fish you the crony capitalists who are benefiting from this corrupt government out too.
We want total reform.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by zionmde: 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
AyoConduit:

We are tired of the status quo.
We'll fish you the crony capitalists who are benefiting from this corrupt government out too.
We want total reform.
sharrap there
keyboard worrior
ur are tired and u couldnt make a statement with last year's election
go and fish out those who elected the corrupt government first and stop forming jack bauar behind ur keyboard.

I heard u guys are rooting for tinubu come 2023

Ode
oloshi
ndi ala
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by Shattuck(m): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Good one.
Your point has been noted, why blocking roads, extorting passersby, stealing guns(arms and ammunition) and razing police station?

Are these same youths that want to Take over mantle of leadership?

well, we have saner youths but Criminals supercedes us

What's peaceful in stealing gun and razing down police station?
these thugs are APC youth wing members the same folks they use in snatching ballot boxes and other violent electoral practices. can't you see the trend yesterday it was the prison break stunt in benin. its just an excuse to sweep thus issues under a rug.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by LikeAking: 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:

As i said before, tell soldiers dat wen they come to barricade our streets. We are in democracy, we selected our leaders. Lets live with the consequence of our choices

We didnt select any of them.

They rigged their way.

You never tire of nonsense.

As for the army,thats not a problem.

Army uniform no b bullet proff.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by gotnel: 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
I sincerely hope the whole situation will become calm.
In all of these brouhaha, where is our president.
Buhari, as the leader of the nation suppose to have taken control by addressing the nation.
I am totally ashamed to have been a very strong supporter and believer of Buhari government.
What are the people around him telling him?
If care is not taken, we may have started a great monsters that will not go away soon.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by AyoConduit: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:

sharrap there
keyboard worrior
ur are tired and u couldnt make a statement with last year's election
go and fish out those who elected the corrupt government first and stop forming jack bauar behind ur keyboard.

I heard u guys are rooting for tinubu come 2023

Ode
oloshi
ndi ala

I was a PO in charge of a polling unit at the last year's election.
My unit was given 20k to let them do whatever they want to do. But I totally refused to collect the money, even though they asked me to promise not to disty their arrangements. I didn't give them my word.
I also made sure I was as strict as possible without endangering my life.
I was unable to vote, as I was busy presiding over the elections in my own capacity.

But I will keep doing all I can to ensure I fight for a better Nigeria.

You think I'm a key board warrior. Come out on the Lekki-Epe express road under this harsh weather conditions. Let's see how long you will last.

I'm totally against the thugs blockading the roads and extorting motorists, but am I supposed to confront them alone?

I won't exchange insults with you.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by Gandollaar(f): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
kamikaze01:

I know you're entitled to your own opinion but I think you over step your bounds when you brought up issue regarding seun not giving paliatives. It is this type of entitlement mentality which almost every nigerian has. We are not his responsibility but if he gives let be out of his own volition
Lol the palliative was just a gesture of togetherness, empathy, good will and social responsibility because he can. Both of you are not feeding anybody here and no one expects anything from a faceless forum. Even my comment you quoted has been deleted grin

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by ekerintee: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
I heard several people saying that if they continuing protest for 30 days ,UN will intervene and ask Buhari to step down Lol .I am laughing lol.Gullibe people ,so make them continue .After ,covid destroy the economy and every nation is trying to recover and finish the year on a good ground .some people thinking destroying the economy and UN taking over will solve Nigerians problem .instead of relaxing the protest and give the authorities time to make changes before firing again They simply want to pull down,anyway let the protest continue ,I want to see result .

quote author=zionmde post=95128309]good,

2023 will soon be here, u will soon start hearing we Igbos are behind Atiku, we yorubas are behind Tinubu bla bla bla[/quote]
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by frankson1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Desirewhyte:
its unconstitutional. No police or law enforcement can ban any peaceful gathering.

Oga, please define 'peaceful gathering'.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by codedguy1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
NotNairalandi:
I think the president should address the country this night because things are getting out of hand

What will he say? He is part of the problem.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by zionmde: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
AyoConduit:

I was a PO in charge of a polling unit at the last year's election.
My unit was given 20k to let them do whatever they want to do. But I totally refused to collect the money, even though they asked me to promise not to disty their arrangements. I didn't give them my word.
I also made sure I was as strict as possible without endangering my life.
I was unable to vote, as I was busy presiding over the elections in my own capacity.

But I will keep doing all I can to ensure I fight for a better Nigeria.

You think I'm a key board warrior. Come out on the Lekki-Epe express road under this harsh weather conditions. Let's see how long you will last.

I'm totally against the thugs blockading the roads and extorting motorists, but am I supposed to confront them alone?

I won't exchange insults with you.
good u started the insult first
The fight for a better nigeria should start from the polling units. I guess our youths dont care about dat
Now killings are going on everywhere. As a wise person u should know these things will happen if the protest is prolonged, the protest should have ended latest on saturday. Now look at wat it has turned into
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by BigBrother9ja: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
[s]
zionmde:
good,

[/s]
Shut up with your RUBBISH
This campaign is not just about SARS.
EndSARS is just a trigger, REVOLUTION is the goal.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by zionmde: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
BigBrother9ja:
[s][/s]
Shut up with your RUBBISH
This campaign is not just about SARS.
EndSARS is just a trigger, REVOLUTION is the goal.
The campaign was all about endsars wen it started until brainless individuals like u decided to start acting stupid. If u want revolution, start from ur polling unit. Hope u are in a protest ground now and not hiding behind one keyboard
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by BigBrother9ja: 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:

The campaign was all about endsars wen it started until brainless individuals like u decided to start acting stupid. If u want revolution, start from ur polling unit. Hope u are in a protest ground now and not hiding behind one keyboard
@ Bolded, you must be mistaken me for your father
or deh
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by zionmde: 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
BigBrother9ja:

@ Bolded, you must be mistaken me for your father
or deh
lol, i dont make mistakes wen identifying iddioots.
Mkpi ocha
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by BigBrother9ja: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:

lol, i dont make mistakes wen identifying iddioots.
Mkpi ocha
hoe low foh
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by AyoConduit: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:

good u started the insult first
The fight for a better nigeria should start from the polling units. I guess our youths dont care about dat
Now killings are going on everywhere. As a wise person u should know these things will happen if the protest is prolonged, the protest should have ended latest on saturday. Now look at wat it has turned into

If you want power, you don't take it lying down.

You take it by force.

Extrajudicial killings are not new in Nigeria. If this will be the last time we experience these, before things completely turn around. So be it.
Re: Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State by zionmde: 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
AyoConduit:

If you want power, you don't take it lying down.

You take it by force.

Extrajudicial killings are not new in Nigeria. If this will be the last time we experience these, before things completely turn around. So be it.
nope in a democratic setting, u take power by invoking your voting power. If u fail to do dat in the polling units, it becomes a treasonable offence trying to do dat in any other way. The law is the Lwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Loses Local Government To Smart Adeyemi / Tinubu Will Have The Last Laugh- By Gr8amechi / Buhari, Osinbajo Took Malaria Injections - Pastor Giwa Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.