Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos (26316 Views)

FAA Grounds Flights In New York Due To Low Visibility (photos) / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me / Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by DJperdurabo: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kccheechy:
what are they demanding again Their request to scrap SARS has been granted yet they are not satisfied. Give government sometime to implement the new reforms, No!! Select representatives for dialogue with the government, No!! What is their problem??

Mind boggling!!!

In a rage like The Incredible Hulk...and like the Hulk, there is always regrets after every confrontation.

Could go on and on but, of course, I'd be torn to shreds by minds not informed about the deeper problem.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by chaloskyx: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
NIGERIA WOULD BURN IN OUR TIME IF THAT IS NEEDED TO MAKE IT GREAT RUBBISH YOU BETTER LEAVE ALL THAT RUBBISH CHURCH TALK ALL THEY DO IS GIVE YOU HOPE THIS IS THE REAL SITUATION OF NIGERIA BETTER COME TO TERMS TO IT IF YOU WANT TO RELOCATE OR LEAVE NIGERIA I SUGGEST YOU DO IT NOW.....COWARD
Omoslim26:

I hope you are typing dis from the protest ground

ya all calling for violence if una see war una go wait

if this violence continues we will see international and well to do support pull out of this we will be on our own
where will you get sponsors to fund a war on your own Country

Nigeria will not burn in Our time
#endsars
#endpolicebrutality
#endterrorism
#restructurenow
#awakeosleepinggiant
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by EndYahoo: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
cynthia9:
This government don't know what they have put their hand into

As am typing now.
Edo protests has snow balled into revolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzexAbZKAlU
Revolution? Because of Just 1 stolen Rifle?
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by goodheart02(m): 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kccheechy:
what are they demanding again Their request to scrap SARS has been granted yet they are not satisfied. Give government sometime to implement the new reforms, No!! Select representatives for dialogue with the government, No!! What is their problem??

The answer is they don't trust the government anymore. The government has failed them times without number
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Omoslim26: 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
chaloskyx:
NIGERIA WOULD BURN IN OUR TIME IF THAT IS NEEDED TO MAKE IT GREAT RUBBISH YOU BETTER LEAVE ALL THAT RUBBISH CHURCH TALK ALL THEY DO IS GIVE YOU HOPE THIS IS THE REAL SITUATION OF NIGERIA BETTER COME TO TERMS TO IT IF YOU WANT TO RELOCATE OR LEAVE NIGERIA I SUGGEST YOU DO IT NOW.....COWARD

So says a useless nairaland warrior

have you have been involved in a riot not to talk of a full blown crisis

Nigeria will be great again and we will achieve that without war

take dis home

bloody chest beating internet coward
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Ustec: 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
sexiestharam:
This curfew makes no sense! What happens if the youths go back to the streets again after the curfew is lifted? Why not just give the youths their demand?
Their demands have been accepted, the youths are suppose to stop the protest to see if those demands will be fully implemented.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by DJperdurabo: 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
[quote author=Angelfrost post=95136356]

Leave the fools in power... They don't yet understand the level of reawakening going on among the young!!!

At this point, they must all deliver good governance at all levels... It is no more business as usual![/quotel]

If I may ask good Sir, what are the demands (post SARS that is)? What is the movement clamouring for? Has it been itemised? Has a quorum being set up to speak for the movement? Has there been any interface between the movement and the powers that be? Is there any semblance of organisation from the different factions that can come together to craft a "demand" and speak "intelligently" with one voice? Is there....?

Even the French Revolution in all its blood-letting frenzy was composed of groups with "leaders" and a "vision" however myopic or distorted they may have been then. And amongst themselves, they clashed ideal-wise and had different views of governance, but, what kept the movement together was the existence of leadership and a well understood manifesto-two things glaringly lacking in the movement of today.

Know what you want. Know how to get it. Work out the SOP. Engage. Evaluate. Re-engage if need be until the war (note, not the battle) is won.

The angst currently displayed by the movement (and rightly so given years of privation and oppression by the political class) should be well honed and strategically directed. All these looting and burning will only cause wailing and gnashing of teeth without any "tangible" achievement being achieved. You've let "stealers of sleep" into your ranks (sponsored or not, the opportunity came via the protest) and soon you'll fall out of favour and goodwill bestowed upon the movement by the larger society...the woman selling Akara for sustenance can't do it anymore (you'll feed her you say, but, for how long? You're fighting for her you say, but in her "noble" mind, she's wondering how the killing and looting and burnings will bring about her selling more Akara). Just like every regime that oust the former via bloodshed, it becomes worse that what it said it was fighting in the first instance.

It is time to talk.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by chaloskyx: 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
AWW SEE YOU I CAN AT LEAST SAY I WAS PART OF THIS PROTEST AM NOT LIKE YOU WHO HIDES UNDER THE GRACE OF THE CHURCH TO BLIND YOURSELF OF THE CORRUPTION AND DISGUSTING STATE OF THE COUNTRY. TAKE THIS WITH YOU GO AND FINDOUT HOW AMERICA BECAME GREAT AFTER ITS CIVIL WAR OF 1861-1865 YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A NONENTITY WHO HAS BEN OPPRESSED FOR SO LONG YOU HAVE LOST ALL SENSE OF REALITY
Omoslim26:

So says a useless nairaland warrior

have you have been involved in a riot not to talk of a full blown crisis

Nigeria will be great again and we will achieve that without war

take dis home

bloody chest beating internet coward
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Democracynna: 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
HantaVirus:
Big Question my beloved people of Nigeria...

Why hasn't the president addressed the nation all these while?

no president

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Alimzy20(m): 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
#OURMUMUDONDO
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Omoslim26: 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
chaloskyx:
AWW SEE YOU I CAN AT LEAST SAY I WAS PART OF THIS PROTEST AM NOT LIKE YOU WHO HIDES UNDER THE GRACE OF THE CHURCH TO BLIND YOURSELF OF THE CORRUPTION AND DISGUSTING STATE OF THE COUNTRY. TAKE THIS WITH YOU GO AND FINDOUT HOW AMERICA BECAME GREAT AFTER ITS CIVIL WAR OF 1861-1865 YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A NONENTITY WHO HAS BEN OPPRESSED FOR SO LONG YOU HAVE LOST ALL SENSE OF REALITY

Well you are obviously a cheat beater dats why you are quick to tell me you were part of the fore front protest without any prove

I was in the owerri protest where tear gas and gun shots was fired at us
but I am not quick to chest beat about it

wat reasonable and well meaning Nigerians want is a peaceful force of change in dis failed system

use your sense if you still have it being over emotionally inclined makes you weak the world is watching if anything must happen the first shot should not come from The protesters we have been able to garner supports and applaud from the international community turning it to violence is wat the Enemy want

Useless good for nothing internet chest beating coward
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
cynthia9:
This government don't know what they have put their hand into

As am typing now.
Edo protests has snow balled into revolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzexAbZKAlU
Better!

Revolution is now or never! No retreat, no surrender! Let's start afresh. Let's format Nigeria back to factory settings.

#EndSWAT

#BuhariMustGo
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by kendrick9(m): 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
Ustec:

Their demands have been accepted, the youths are suppose to stop the protest to see if those demands will be fully implemented.
They should implemen it and we need to see the results.
Police brutality is still rife,
where is the change Oga?
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by chaloskyx: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
YOU ASKED A QUESTION AND I ANSWERED WHO CARES ABOUT BEATING CHEST DO I LOOK LIKE A CELEBRITY CLOUT CHASER THE TRUTH IS I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR OPINION
Omoslim26:

Well you are obviously a cheat beater dats why you are quick to tell me you were part of the fore front protest without any prove

I was in the owerri protest where tear gas and gun shots was fired at us
but I am not quick to chest beat about it

wat reasonable and well meaning Nigerians want is a peaceful force of change in dis failed system

use your sense if you still have it being over emotionally inclined makes you weak the world is watching if anything must happen the first shot should not come from The protesters we have been able to garner supports and applaud from the international community turning it to violence is wat the Enemy want

Useless good for nothing internet chest beating coward

Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Omoslim26: 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
chaloskyx:
YOU ASKED A QUESTION AND I ANSWERED WHO CARES ABOUT BEATING CHEST DO I LOOK LIKE A CELEBRITY CLOUT CHASER THE TRUTH IS I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR OPINION

And your opinion to troll the path of violence is a shame to this movement

we all know the difference between protesters and thugs

and then you threw the first insult at me for calling your attention to the true intent of d protest which have been hijacked by thug which you are shamefully endorsing
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by chaloskyx: 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
SO HOW ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT WHO WERE USING VIOLENCE AND THUGS DO YOU HAVE ANY WORDS FOR THEM
Omoslim26:

And your opinion to troll the path of violence is a shame to this movement

we all know the difference between protesters and thugs

and then you threw the first insult at me for calling your attention to the true intent of d protest which have been hijacked by thug which you are shamefully endorsing
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Omoslim26: 8:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
chaloskyx:
SO HOW ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT WHO WERE USING VIOLENCE AND THUGS DO YOU HAVE ANY WORDS FOR THEM

They will get served

but not by Engaging them
the world Is really watching dis the useless government want us to engage them
even if the joke is on them if they think they can defeat their own people
but since we define dis thing as a peaceful protest let's stick to it because if it is to turn into a revolution and violence the chaos will be overwhelming bcus we have a country
there are some people who still even pledge there support for dis government so the big bang question is if we toll the route of violence

WHO IS FUUCCKING FIGHTING WHO
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by streetfabulous: 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
--Mr President should please address the nation as a matter of urgency.
--State Govs and state commissioners of police should go to the different protest sites in their states, address the protesters, negotiate a date and venue for a town hall meeting, urge protesters to organize themselves and appoint spokesmen/women as well as document all their demands.
--Our dear protesters, please it is time to get organised. If we ask questions then we must allow the govt to answer.The goal is not to protest and fight forever.Infact it may be more effective to step back, assess the impact so far and restrategize for a more effective protest.
--Please organize this movement, get spokesmen/women, make it easy for our leaders to come out and negotiate by fixing a date and venue for town hall meetings, let's discuss and document all demands and prepare to talk. By organising the movement, we can avoid hijacking and infiltration by thugs.
--In the town hall meeting, the spokespersons will articulate the demands, the govt will consider them and highlight what is possible and where they may have challenges. The goal is to reach a consensus between the govt and protesters. Finally a working document should be drafted with appropriate timelines.
--The state governors should then have a meeting with the Federal government, harmonize the demands from the various state town hall meetings and put modalities in motion for TRANSPARENT implementation.
--If possible,the youths can even adopt a vision that will leverage on the current solidarity to forge a massive political alliance in form of a party that will decide who will lead this nation in future. But, to achieve this we must organize ourselves at a national level and come together.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by thatsleepboy1: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
Armed robber came to your house
Eno thief money, eno rape your wife
Went straight up to your bedside (Gbosa)
Six feet, now you are down
Which armed robber no want money
Which armed robber no want joley
Na political armed robber be that
Na wetin dey kill Nigeria o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taxsOR1I4yI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2oQE3z9v4k
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by dasparrow: 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
All I know is something got to give. I am so sick and tired of Nigerian leaders. Nigerians are being enslaved by their own leaders. It's so frustrating.

#ENDSARS
#ENDSWAT
#RESTRUCTURENIGERIA

Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by Ustec: 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
kendrick9:
They should implemen it and we need to see the results.
Police brutality is still rife,
where is the change Oga?
Rome was not built in a day.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Airlines Cancel Flights In & Out Of Lagos by alade26632: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
:They should implemen it and we need to see the results.Police brutality is still rife,where is the change Oga?Rome was not built in a day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar / Man Stuck In A Vehicle After An Accident In Lagos (Photos) / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Country In The World By World Economic Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.