Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,330 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Working With United Geophysical(ugnl) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Working With United Geophysical(ugnl) (1317 Views)

Management Accountant At United Geophysical (nigeria) Limited / United Geophysical Limited Latest Recruitment (6 Positions) / United Geophysical Nigeria Limited Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working With United Geophysical(ugnl) by UtilityImage: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
It all started like a joke and lots of excitement knowing I secured a job at united Geophysical (Nig) Ltd. An oil Servicing firm involved in seismic data acquisition for oil companies.
I wasn't asked how much I expected as salary so I thought they must have a well structured salary scale.
Unfortunately, it turned out that a company managed by the British/Scottish is worse that an average Nigerian run business. They offer letter came and the salary was nothing to right home about.
Fast forward a bit, salaries are been owed even up to 1year plus for old staff and that joined experienced it too.
One month turned to 2months, 3months, 4months 5months 6months until it dawned on me that its not about Big name, its about management.
Even with all the fund available, the expatriate will not approve for salary payment.
This went on and on until I left the company and I am still being owed months.
Do not be deceived by how the company looks from the outside, it is poorly run and I won't even suggest that place for my enemy.
It was the worst career experience I have had all my life and irrespective of the good staff there, just like Nigeria everyone there is suffering and smiling.
Today I have forgotten the experience but it wasn't a good one.

1 Like

Re: Working With United Geophysical(ugnl) by Ourown(m): 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
UtilityImage:
It all started like a joke and lots of excitement knowing I secured a job at united Geophysical (Nig) Ltd. An oil Servicing firm involved in seismic data acquisition for oil companies.
I wasn't asked how much I expected as salary so I thought they must have a well structured salary scale.
Unfortunately, it turned out that a company managed by the British/Scottish is worse that an average Nigerian run business. They offer letter came and the salary was nothing to right home about.
Fast forward a bit, salaries are been owed even up to 1year plus for old staff and that joined experienced it too.
One month turned to 2months, 3months, 4months 5months 6months until it dawned on me that its not about Big name, its about management.
Even with all the fund available, the expatriate will not approve for salary payment.
Do not be deceived by how the company looks from the outside, it is poorly run and I won't even suggest that place for my enemy.
It was the worst career experience I have had all my life and irrespective of the good staff there, just like Nigeria everyone there is suffering and smiling.

So sad how wicked humans can be. People work but you deny them their wages. Country is in shambles. No work. No nothing. Its so sad.
Re: Working With United Geophysical(ugnl) by TheSoothSayer(m): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
Re: Working With United Geophysical(ugnl) by TheSoothSayer(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
[quote author=TheSoothSayer post=97724126]
Re: Working With United Geophysical(ugnl) by Harzard18: 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2022
UtilityImage:

Update in 2022, it's all good now.

1 Like

Re: Working With United Geophysical(ugnl) by baysan(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2023
Harzard18:

Update in 2022, it's all good now.
A friend got a job invite for An IT Support Officer, at UGNL please what would you say about work environment like and salary Structure.

(1) (Reply)

Dmatel Hotel With Unnecessary Sack Of Staff / Date Of Spring Bank Test? / P&g Problem Solving Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.