Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

#endpolicebrutalities: I Believe God Gave Us Pres. Buhari To End Such Injustice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / #endpolicebrutalities: I Believe God Gave Us Pres. Buhari To End Such Injustice (230 Views)

This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen / If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endpolicebrutalities: I Believe God Gave Us Pres. Buhari To End Such Injustice by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
#EndPolicebrutalities: I Believe God Gave Us President Buhari To End Such Injustice

Police brutalities didn't begin with this government. It's been here long before this government came into office. I believe we could still remember the Apo six which took place I think during the tenure of Obasanjo, and there have been several other serious cases of police brutalities that had taken place in the country before now.

Although there may have been outcries against such brutalities, there were no such protests. So for such protests to be happening now, I believe it's because God wants to use the present leader of the nation to address it.

This is the first government in the recent history of the nation that had been determined to end corruption in the country, however it received little or no support from the public for the fight it launched against corruption.

So it's a good thing the masses are now as a result of necessity appearing to align themselves with the intentions of this government to fight against corruption in this country, because the root of police brutalities is actually the same corruption that this government was determined to end.

And I think the police force was a very good place to start, however i do wonder why the president hadn't realized that before now, because if such had been addressed before now, it would have sent a strong statement concerning the government's fight against corruption. But it's better late than never, so i believe that this protest is a good thing as it would make the president sit up to that reality.

That said, i realize that this protests appear to have given some justification to some enemies of the president, such as a certain church leader who now wants to pose as a supporter of the Nigerians youths despite supporting some corrupt past presidents, and only last year endorsed the presidential candidature of well-known thief and looter of the national Treasury, even one of those who have contributed significantly to this pathetic state we find ourselves, to become the president of Nigeria in the last elections.

Well time would tell if such ones represent the interest of God for the nation or not, as the president who they wanted dead by all means, and were rejoicing at some point when he fell seriously ill and was rumoured to have died, not only recovered but has become much healthier and stronger than he was before he fell sick, so shocking that some of them began alleging that he was "Jubril" from Sudan, including the one that unleashed "the gates of hell".

There was also the instance of his Vice, Osibanjo and the crew members miraculously surviving a helicopter crash and lived to tell the story when most don't.

Most recently it was Covid-19 that entered into the presidential villa in Aso Rock, and came as that close to the president as the chief of staff to the president contracted the deadly virus and later died. Yet somehow against all odds it couldn't find its way to the president and his vice, despite the rejoicing of many of his enemies that finally he had been trapped and he wasn't going to escape it this time.

But he did and also the vice despite the malicious rumours being spread by his enemies that either one or the both of them had contracted and lost their lives to the virus. It even seems that despite how perilously close the deadly virus came to them and their families, that it didn't even touch a single one of them.

The protests have been going on for some over a week now, and I think a couple of weeks, yet the president has been patient and not unleashed the might of the Nigerian military on the protesters, despite some calling him a military dictator even though he's a civilian president.

I believe it's because he empathizes with the pains and grievances of the protesters, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's later forced to deploy the military if it gets out of hand, and the same hypocrites who blindly supported Trump when he did the same thing against US citizens when they protested against the same police brutalities, would now feel justified for calling him a military dictator.

I'm not saying by any means that the president is perfect and has not made some mistakes, because he has, but I believe he means well and doesn't mean any harm. That's why has tried to solve some problems and address some injustices that he met after he assumed office, like the rescue of of the majority of the Chibok girls who were mostly Christians despite some labelling him a religious bigot.

It was in his adminstration that JAMB for the first time in Nigeria's history remitted excess funds, and it did so to the tune of billions. That compelled the president to use the extra funds to mitigate the suffering of students who apply for the exams, by consequently slashing the JAMB fees they pay. This is same person that some are so adamant hates the youths of this nation.

He also redeemed the pledges made by some of his predecessors to some ex-footballers who served and won laurels as the oympic gold in Atlanta Olympics for the nation and also those made to their coaches.

Despite being a northerner, a fulani man to be precise, he began the clean up of the oil-spill in Ogoni land which was left unaddressed by his predecessor who hailed from the Niger-Delta and had much more resources at his disposal, yet for whatever reason known to him didn't to attend to the recommendations of the UNEP report.

There's no doubt that the Niger-delta is the region that has suffered the most injustice in the nation, the Ogoni people were the ones who first brought the awareness of the injustice perpetrated on the Niger-deltans by the past leaders of the nation to attention of the world. And they paid dearly for it because some of them lost their lives in the process. Although the president wasn't one of those responsible for this injustice and it didn't happen during his time, it was him that began to address such injustice inflicted upon the Ogoni people.

Today there's unprecedented protest in the nation about police brutalities despite that it didn't begin with the government, so i believe it's happening because God had brought him to address such injustice.

I have been praying a lot for drastic change to come to this Nation, so this protests is indeed a very good sign, as it seems Nigerians have suddenly woken up to the reality that things can't continue to go on as usual, but that things must change!

I'm not necessarily for #endSARS, because I don't think that would solve the problem. I'm for #endpolicebrutalities, #endinjustice, #endcorruption, #endcrime, #endrape, #endoppression #endritualkillings, #endbadgovernance etc.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: #endpolicebrutalities: I Believe God Gave Us Pres. Buhari To End Such Injustice by caski: 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
cool
Re: #endpolicebrutalities: I Believe God Gave Us Pres. Buhari To End Such Injustice by donnie(m): 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
APC thread. For you, it's all about power and politics. You cannot see the bigger picture.
Re: #endpolicebrutalities: I Believe God Gave Us Pres. Buhari To End Such Injustice by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
donnie:
APC thread. For you, it's all about power and politics. You cannot see the bigger picture.
Of your black Jesus?

No way!

Re: #endpolicebrutalities: I Believe God Gave Us Pres. Buhari To End Such Injustice by donnie(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Of your black Jesus?

No way!

O you're the guy who claims to see albino "Jesus and angels" grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Anger / Knowledge / Which Church Are You Attending This Night? It Cross Over Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.