Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. (1585 Views)

I’ll Restore Peace If Freed — Nnamdi Kanu / ‘Operation Restore Peace' In Enugu Launched By IGP Usman Alkali Baba / Buhari Lauds Jonathan For Helping To Restore Peace In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dear nairaland moderators,

Please try and moderate views that suggest that this peaceful protest is a decoy for insurrection. These statements are deliberately sponsored to frustrate all effort to restore peace in the land for meaningful execution of the concessions won by the protest. As patriots, please do not yield our nairaland for the sabotage of peace in NIGERIA.

It also respects the sensibility of those who have lost lives and properties on both sides.

Please kindly push to the front page those news that heals and binds our wounds while providing exit strategy currently lacking in the protest.

There is also a need for education as most of the protesters don't understand the implication of protest during an official curfew.

When you fill the gaps this manner, it helps saves a lot of lives,especially those who will do the right thing if they are aware.

Most influential WhatsApp groups have restricted sending of messages to only admins to support the call for restoration of peace.

Please help promote news that will lead to peace in the land.
Please.
Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0mK1EbWlM

Cc Seun Osewa
Lalastica
Myndd44
OAMJ4

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
Please help promote peace.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
Please remove all those comments using this protest to promote secession.

The protest is to build up Nigeria not to destroy Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Freestainworld(m): 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nigerian government likes violence, I am a lover of peace but, had it been that what is happening is not happening now, the federal government would have paid a deaf ear to all this atrocities.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by urbobo20(m): 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
we also target police family close to us
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Please remove all those comments using this protest to promote secession.

The protest is to build up Nigeria not to destroy Nigeria.
You this northerner ...Nigeria is gone ...this is the worst u guys have done ... enough is enough

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
Freestainworld:
Nigerian government likes violence, I am a lover of peace but, had it been that what is happening is not happening now, the federal government would have paid a deaf ear to all this atrocities.
The problem right now is that those without the training, temperament and strategy are now in charge.
I just saw those Channels TV interviewed at the Lekki toll, they didn't know that with the hijack of the protest and subseqent declaration of the curfew,a new strategy suffices.

My point is that nairaland should help seperate the chaff from the wheat to help support ongoing effort to restore peace.

The original protest is by Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria , not haters of Nigria.
It actually evokes patriotism in well meaning citizens but after 13 days and wanton destruction of lives and properties including setting free criminals from the prisons, it is time to embrace peace.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by flokii: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
Like are you serious right now??

Do you know that all International humanitarian laws and laws governing humanity are being breached as we speak in places like Lekki toll gate over protest??

I feel a simple address by the President to calm the protesting youths would have averted all these.
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

You this northerner ...Nigeria is gone ...this is the worst u guys have done ... enough is enough
@myndd44
This is exactly my point and nairaland moderators should remove comments like this.

This protest is for Nigeria and Nigerians not those whose agenda is secession.

And like we always do as a nation, we will overcome this challenge too.
Curfew was a hard choice by the governors and I urge us to please plead with those genuine protesters to comply.
Leave the campaign to those who have other agenda to reveal themselves so our good intention is not hijacked.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
flokii:
Like are you serious right now??

Do you know that all International humanitarian laws and laws governing humanity are being breached as we speak in places like Lekki toll gate over protest??

I feel a simple address by the President to calm the protesting youths would have averted all these.
You are right about the address sir . But in fairness to the president, he actually supported the protest. But after the curfew was declared by the Chief Security Officer of the state, it does not matter what the President supports anymore.

That is why I believe if some of the protesters caught in Lekki right now were appropriately enlightened, using influential platforms like Nairaland,most of the patriots among them will comply.
During curfew, even non protesters who flout it are not spared let alone protesters or insurrection agitators hiding under the protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Chimok: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Dear nairaland moderators,

Please try and moderate views that suggest that this peaceful protest is a decoy for insurrection. These statements are deliberately sponsored to frustrate all effort to restore peace in the land for meaningful execution of the concessions won by the protest. As patriots, please do not yield our nairaland for the sabotage of peace in NIGERIA.

It also respects the sensibility of those who have lost lives and properties on both sides.

Please kindly push to the front page those news that heals and binds our wounds while providing exit strategy currently lacking in the protest.

There is also a need for education as most of the protesters don't understand the implication of protest during an official curfew.

When you fill the gaps this manner, it helps saves a lot of lives,especially those who will do the right thing if they are aware.

Most influential WhatsApp groups have restricted sending of messages to only admins to support the call for restoration of peace.

Please help promote news that will lead to peace in the land.
Please.
Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0mK1EbWlM

Cc Seun Osewa
Lalastica
Myndd44
OAMJ4

u useless Fulani bastard,
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by flokii: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

You are right about the address sir . But in fairness to the president, he actually supported the protest. But after the curfew was declared by the Chief Security Officer of the state, it does not matter what the President supports anymore.

That is why I believe if some of the protesters caught in Lekki right now were appropriately enlightened, most of them will comply.
During curfew, even non protesters who flout it are not spared let alone protesters or insurrection agitators hiding under the protest.

I disagree with you, reason being that "protest" is a fundamental right of everyone whether curfew or not.

Unarmed civilians are classified under protected persons and as such should not be killed or engaged in any way by the Militariy or paramililtary formations. It's war crime under the International Criminal Law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
Chimok:
u useless Fulani bastard,
Cc Myndd44
Are these one of those endStars protesters or supporters of the protests too?In what way is this different from the rude manner of bad cops?
Definitely not.
This is why we need to protect the patriots among the genuine protesters from those who see the worst in people from other tribes.
Regardless, please let us appeal for calm and return of peace.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by luvmijeje(f): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
I still can't get over the fact that the Governor of Lagos state permitted protesters to hinder the movement of their fellow Nigerians.

For 2 weeks he folded his hands and did nothing. He has the blood of every single person that died in his hands. It will never have gotten to this stage if he simply has done his job. He emboldened them. He emboldened all the criminal elements.

For the sake of power......he failed to do his job. He played politics with our lives.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
flokii:

I disagree with you, reason being that "protest" is a fundamental right of everyone whether curfew or not.

Unarmed civilians are classified under protected persons and as such should not be killed or engaged in any way by the Militariy or paramililtary formations. It's war crime under the International Criminal Law.
Please kindly quote this aspect of the law, even international law that confers such rights on a protest already hijacked by arsonists and hoodlums sir.
Those freeing even condemned prisoners from prisoners, burning up police stations, restrained the right of freedom of movement of other citizens including emergency services like ambulances, fire trucks and literally grounded the economy of Lagos for 13 days are not fair to others sir.

What was playing out was that the protesters wanted to play into the hands of enemies of Nigeria who wanted to use it to promote violent insurrection and secession by destabilizing everywhere.

No where in the world will a democratically elected leader whose mandate still enjoys overwhelming legitimacy declare a curfew and others will brazenly go against it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
luvmijeje:
I still can't get over the fact that the Governor of Lagos state permitted protesters to hinder the movement of their fellow Nigerians.

For 2 weeks he folded his hands and did nothing. He has the blood of every single person that died in his hands. It will never have gotten to this stage if he simply has done his job. He emboldened them. He emboldened all the criminal elements.

For the sake of power......he failed to do his job. He played politics with our lives.

You have a point ma. I think it was inexperience on his side too. Remember, he has not faced this kind of situation before as a State Governor.
The protesters may have been persuaded to congregate elsewhere.

Both the protests and subseqent curfew are judgements not fair to law abiding citizens but it is better late than never for the curfew.

Now we must rally round him to restore peace.

I knew there was no exit strategy by the protesters and government should have engaged Lagosians and the protesters even through SMS branded messages, sponsored adverts on radio and TV etc. Most Lagosians stopped supporting the protests the moment they started yet to g home 1a.m held in traffic for hours.
The government should have seized the moment to profile the protesters, earn their trust to relocate them or limit entry into and exit to those protest sites.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by luvmijeje(f): 10:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

You have a point ma. I think it was inexperience on his side. The protesters may have been persuaded to congregate elsewhere.

Both the protests and subseqent curfew was a judgement not fair to law abiding citizens but it is better late than never.

Now we must rally round him to restore peace.

I knew there was no exit strategy by the protesters and government should have engaged them even through branded messages, sponsored adverts on radio and TV. Most Lagosians stopped supporting the protests the moment they started yet to g home 1a.m held in traffic for hours.
The government should have seized the moment to profile the protesters, earn their trust to relocate them or limit entry into and exit to those protest sites.

Noooooo!!! When it comes to law and order the government should never have been on their side. He should have made his case before the Protesters made their case to Lagosians.

God bless Fashola wherever he is. When Fashola was pulling down buildings, before the owners started making their case, Fashola and all his team were all every single media platform making their case.

This protestors manage to convince most Lagosians that they are fighting on our behalf by blocking the road and the government didn't fight back the propaganda when the laws is on their side.
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
luvmijeje:

Noooooo!!! When it comes to law and order the government should never have been on their side. He should have made his case before the Protesters made their case to Lagosians.

God bless Fashola wherever he is. When Fashola was pulling down buildings, before the owners started making their case, Fashola and all his team were all every single media platform making their case.

This protestors manage to convince most Lagosians that they are fighting on our behalf by blocking the road and the government didn't fight back the propaganda when the laws is on their side.
My point exactly. God bless you ma.

That is why I could only see inexperience to fault on his side.

He allowed them to hijack the narrative which itself is not the real problem, his inability to use all avenues to call for peace and educate the citizens on what he was doing even though Nigeria Police is not even under his command.

He definitely now has even more people to compensate beyond actual victims of police brutality.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Valkrie: 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
Which bloody peace is that when the government of the day drew the first blood...? Nothing would ever be the same again in the country..mark my word...!! if its war everybody is ready...non have monopoly of violence...they think killing few would scare the rest been their old tactics but they got it wrong this time...Tinubu should be held responsible as one of the sponsors of the killings in Lagos today.. !!

Long live the youth...!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Valkrie:
Which bloody peace is that when the government of the day drew the first blood...? Nothing would ever be the same again in the country..mark my word...!! if its war everybody is ready...non have monopoly of violence...they think killing few would scare the rest been their old tactics but they got it wrong this time...Tinubu should be held responsible as one of the sponsors of the killings in Lagos today.. !!

Long live the youth...!!!

There is no fire on the mountain.
The President supported the protests and the governor has learnt from his mistakes and never again will he make the mistake he made allowing protesters without exit strategy start a protest only to allow arsonists and hoodlums take over..
Most of the genuine protesters are now at home.
All those who want peace and progress know there is no genuine protest going on now.
Those burning shops, police stations and freeing even condemned prisoners are not genuine protesters sir.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by kmst1: 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
we have been suffering for so long because of that PEACE
Game over for peaceful suffering

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by omoharry(f): 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

That is why I believe if some of the protesters caught in Lekki right now were appropriately enlightened, using influential platforms like Nairaland,most of the patriots among them will comply.
So they should use live bullet on them ? What happened to rubber billet and Tear gas ? You have been conditioned to violence that you do not know what govt should do with harmless protesters . These young Nigerians are fighting for your and me ... they are asking for freedom to be able to live in a country without being harassed , brutalized or killed extrajudiacially by the police .
They are not asking for too much. Sars has been disbanded three or four times , the police reform document has been kept under thier shelve, piling up dust ., They have been hearing of our tries and campaign against police brutality and thier excess forces on young Nigerians but it has always fallen on deaf ears..
This is why we are still in the hell we call a country, becos Nigerians have been conditioned to suffer & smile in horrible conditions .
We always Praise and worship these useless leaders who are modgaging our future for thier opulent life styles.
The north have been crying against bandit and kdnapping but it has always fallen on deaf ears and you think this govt is a listening one ? Or one that keeps to thier promise ?
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Valkrie: 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

There is no fire on the mountain.
The President supported the protests and the governor has learnt from his mistakes and never again will he make the mistake he made allowing protesters without exit strategy start a protest only to allow arsonists and hoodlums take over..
Most of the genuine protesters are now at home.
All those who want peace and progress know there is no genuine protest going on now.
Those burning shops, police stations and freeing even condemned prisoners are not genuine protesters sir.

Oga..it was the government that brought in the arsonist to justify the killings...don't know how old you are but it's an old school strategy the government applied and people are ready for them..haba..!! Enough is enough .!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Valkrie:

Oga..it was the government that brought in the arsonist to justify the killings...don't know how old you are but it's an old school strategy the government applied and people are ready for them..haba..!! Enough is enough .!!!
Well I am just reading this kind of perspective. Those people who freed prisoners in Benin and those burning even shops of innocent traders are not sponsored by the government.
I don't see a reason why Lagos State Government will sponsor people to go burn down infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
omoharry:
So they should use live bullet on them ? What happened to rubber billet and Tear gas ? You have been conditioned to violence that you do not know what govt should do with harmless protesters . These young Nigerians are fighting for your and me ... they are asking for freedom to be able to live in a country without being harassed , brutalized or killed extrajudiacially by the police .
They are not asking for too much. Sars has been disbanded three or four times , the police reform document has been kept under thier shelve, piling up dust ., They have been hearing of our tries and campaign against police brutality and thier excess forces on young Nigerians but it has always fallen on deaf ears..
This is why we are still in the hell we call a country, becos Nigerians have been conditioned to suffer & smile in horrible conditions .
We always Praise and worship these useless leaders who are modgaging our future for thier opulent life styles.
The north have been crying against bandit and kdnapping but it has always fallen on deaf ears and you think this govt is a listening one ? Or one that keeps to thier promise ?

There is more to achieve when there is peace. For 13 days the government stood still and did nothing but the burning continued and was forced to declare curfew but some people who had a completely different agenda stayed put. Those are the people who set properties including banks ablaze and faced the violence of the law enforcers. Those are not genuine protesters.
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by omoharry(f): 11:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

There is more to achieve when there is peace. For 13 days the government stood still and did nothing but the burning continued and was forced to declare curfew but some people who had a completely different agenda stayed put. Those are the people who set properties including banks ablaze and faced the violence of the law enforcers. Those are not genuine protesters.
the burning that was done by thier hired thugs .. this is thier plan all along in other to discredit the peaceful protest .. We even saw a govt jeep dropping of thugs with machete & weapons in Abuja . And you are telling me that it turned violence .
The govt sent these thugs so that they can destroy lives and properties and Make it look like the protesters are the one carrying out those act or that the thugs have hijacked it which will give the govt an oppurtunity to justify their use of force. But we all know it's all a game plan ..

sey you guys are happy now? People lives does not mean anything to you guys, as long as the status quo of corruption , oppression , killings, injustice is the order of the day is not interrupted or stopped .
Prosterity will judge you all and your wickedness to your own fellow citizens.
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by GeneralStan(m): 12:01am On Oct 21, 2020
Op you are a genocidal Apologist and a coward!!! keep spitting trash...
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by NGpatriot: 12:03am On Oct 21, 2020
It's ipob propaganda and anti Nigerian madness, sadly, it's nothing new on NL, it's their favorite propaganda outlet.

This is not their first losing errand, they are losers and loser shall always be.
Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:03am On Oct 21, 2020
omoharry:
the burning that was done by thier hired thugs .. this is thier plan all along in other to discredit the peaceful protest .. We even saw a govt keep dropping of this with machete in Abuja and you are telling me that it turned violence . The govt sent these thugs so that they can destroy lives and properties and Make it look like the protesters are the one carrying out those act or that thugs have hijacked it and genes justifies govt use of force but meanwhile , it all agame plan .. sey you guys are happy now? Lives doe not mean anything to you guys as long as the status quo of corruption , oppression , killings, injustice is the order of the day . Prosperity will judge you all and your wickedness to yournoqn fellow citizens.
But even the president supported the protests and leaders of the protests had raised concern about the hijack of the protest.
For example, the curfew rules are quite clear or is it the government that made some people stay and block even emergency services from moving through protest points.
By the way, I am referring to events in Lagos because ours has clearly being hijacked and I saw on TV those of Abuja too. They were rioting and reportedly burning shops not protesting peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Not Helping To Restore Peace. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 4:14am On Oct 22, 2020
Nairaland gained massively from the misinformation.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Must Be Our Next President / IPOB: Is Buhari No Longer Dead? / How Canadian Police Treated June 12 Protesters VS Nigeria Police. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.