Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met (66829 Views)

Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? / "My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by AmbassadoR100(m): 1:05am On Oct 22, 2020
My Sister, if u know what is good for you, stay away from such guy. He only wants to sleep with you nothing more.

Any guy that abuses his woman is capable of doing anything.

Focus on God and your education. The right and well behaved man will come for you.

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by bobolaga: 1:09am On Oct 22, 2020
He invited you, and you did not go, don't you know some men hate disappointment from ladies, you will not understand, if men is double dating he will be trying to avoided double spending that will resulted in future lies, as at the time you are ready to visit him, by then some one has stepped down his brain and vain and he will not tell you again, but you that is no 1 will become no 2.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 2016easy2017: 1:15am On Oct 22, 2020
Girl, don't mind all these comments insulting you.
If the guy is Insisting you visit his house, then all he wants is just sex and dump or even smth more evil. He's not sensitive. Am a male, but I know a female Shld be the boss till she gives in. Not to talk of insults.he must be an aggressive guy. Don't make urself cheap by quickly accepting to go out. Don't take from a guy till you convinced he's the right for u. He feels he's paid for punna.sees u a LovePeddler.so return his money.he's gonna persist even if to drug you or threaten u.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Codyt(m): 1:16am On Oct 22, 2020
Fact1:
You deserve it op,,

He asked you something you said you don't care,,, who does that?

If I'm d one hago change ham for you seriously,,,,

That's snubbing ,,,

You tell me dat you don't care i don't Care also,,

Learn how to talk,,,

But dat doesn't entertain curses,,but at the same time you're wrong,,

Goan beg him,,,,

I don't support going to his house alone also,,,,,,,
SMH
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Charx122: 1:17am On Oct 22, 2020
WrittyWritter:
Wen God is sending some people signs..I don't know y dey will just decide to ignore it...Go ahead and date him oo..so DAT u can come back here nd complain about him beating u..

Abeg leave the poor girl alone. everyone already has too much problem..if you have nothing good to say to her drop it..
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by igboamakaaa: 1:24am On Oct 22, 2020
antidisestablis:

Red flag, a man that verbally abused you will beat one day.
They never tell you the full story bro, the narrator always paints himself as the victim and the other as a heartless, cruel villian. Half stories aren't good for passing judgement, Listen to the full story and you'd definitely think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by callydon(m): 1:33am On Oct 22, 2020
iRepNaija1:

OP, please don't pursue this. You're not even in a relationship with him and you two are already arguing, regardless of who is right or wrong. That's red flag number one. Red flag number two is that he wants you to come to his house only after a few days of talking. That's concerning because a) you should be meeting someone you don't know well in a public place, b) he should want to meet you in a public place for a meet-up or date, or c) he just wants sex. If you just want sex, then cool. But since you've declined his first offer, I don't think that's what you're going for. The third red flag is that he insulted you. From what you said, you told him, "I don't care." Is that an insult? To me, it's not because you did not criticize his person or his family. (Remember, critique the action, not the person). Could your response have been said in a better way? Maybe but you were straightforward. If he's willing to do this and you two have just started talking, imagine what could happen if you were dating or in a serious relationship.

He's just trying to test your limits to see how much B.S. he can get away with and how much B.S. you can tolerate. At 22, you're an adult but you're also much younger than him and he's seeing if he can take advantage of your possible lack of experience in dating. The fact that you're on NL may indicate to me you're still interested in him despite these red flags because if you weren't, I know you would've not continued talking with him.

I think you should really let this man go. It just sounds like wahala. You're young and there will be so many other men. When a man likes you and wants to spend time with you, you won't have to question it, you won't be on NL asking for advice from strangers. He will treat you like royalty and handle you like glass. You will never have to second-guess his feelings for you or his motives. Good luck.

Please is there anyway to like a post a thousand times?

OP, please take this advice wholeheartedly.

I can't type long epistles here, but I agree with this post completely.

OP PLEASE LEAVE THAT GUY, THIS IS GOING TO BE A VERY VERY VERY ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP IF YOU LET IT CONTINUE.

His verbal abuse will lead to EMOTIONAL ABUSE for you, and THAT'S THE WORST KIND OF ABUSE
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by igboamakaaa: 1:34am On Oct 22, 2020
Littletosay:
Over 90 Read that again over 90 Nigerian youths are dead. Get off Nairaland with this nonsense. You are spitting on their graves.

Stupid kids, the only rational thoughts that enter their heads are partying, relationships, sex, shopping, having fun. And it ends there.

Our future still lies in the balance, everywhere is in comatose and what is her greatest worry @22 years of age? Dating men.

The results of terrible parenting methods are rearing their ugly heads in the upcoming millennials.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

I just met a guy last month ending, we exchanged numbers and started chatting. He asked me out.. I really enjoyed chatting with him, just him alone. So few days after, he invited me to his house. I declined but I noticed that he stopped chatting with me.

Few days after, he asked about my genotype without even greeting me. I counter questioned him and he attacked me, claiming that he is not happy with me. I replied that 'I don't care'.
The next thing I received was rains of insults. Saying that I insulted him. I admitted and we settled it.

For the short times I've known him, I could see the kind of qualities I want in a man. But the problem he has and that he attested to is verbal abuse...

I noticed that anytime he invites me to his house and I declined, it always piss him off and he stops talking to me.
I decided not to visit him because it's not safe for me.

He argues over little things on chat, he talks to me like I'm a baby ( he is 33 and I'm 22). he is domineering... I'm just confused on the decision to date him considering all these flaws. I am suspicious of him being violent.
thanks

Run! If qualities he has is money run even faster why is a 33 year old looking for a 22 year old what is wrong with him the ladies in his age range stayed away. Don’t go to his house. If he is serious let him go and greet your parents and you find out more about his family
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Badgers14: 1:47am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

I just met a guy last month ending, we exchanged numbers and started chatting. He asked me out.. I really enjoyed chatting with him, just him alone. So few days after, he invited me to his house. I declined but I noticed that he stopped chatting with me.

Few days after, he asked about my genotype without even greeting me. I counter questioned him and he attacked me, claiming that he is not happy with me. I replied that 'I don't care'.
The next thing I received was rains of insults. Saying that I insulted him. I admitted and we settled it.

For the short times I've known him, I could see the kind of qualities I want in a man. But the problem he has and that he attested to is verbal abuse...

I noticed that anytime he invites me to his house and I declined, it always piss him off and he stops talking to me.

He argues over little things on chat, he talks to me like I'm a baby ( he is 33 and I'm 22). he is domineering... I'm just confused on the decision to date him considering all these flaws. I am suspicious of him being violent.
thanks

You are seeing the signs and you are still deeply in the relationship.. you are seeing the tell tell no no signs and you still hell bent on this guy...

You are seeing the redflags and no nah nah, you are still thinking twice?

What should we tell you really

When will people learn??

By the way #Endsars.

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by TripleA9: 1:50am On Oct 22, 2020
MejiLoyon:

Date him so he will beat sense into you. Because you don't have any sense. Nigeria is in pains they are killing people for you to live safe you're thinking and talking about a boy. I won't say what's on my mind but I hope you will feel it
Finish him.... in mortal Kombat voice grin grin grin
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by osazuwa23: 2:23am On Oct 22, 2020
no need to end sars focus on getting you passport to leave nigeria befroe it to late cry
ArewaOduduwaBia:
Must u bring everything to nairaland? Now, what do u want us to do about what u just penned down? I will advise that u go join the protest. #End SARS.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by grandstar(m): 2:35am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth

My dear, run for your dear life.

Some men see women as a people who are only to be seen but not to heard. Women have no say at all.

He'll pocket you so badly that you'll be close to loosing your mind. Flee

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by OmoOshodi(m): 2:41am On Oct 22, 2020
You are still in your hoeing period....come back to ask questions when you are getting closer to 30yrs

I can't waste my advice

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by mukthar2000(m): 3:09am On Oct 22, 2020
You notice all this and u still don't no what abii, continued
But don't come back here to sake for any broke up advice.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Arkmanbuddy(m): 3:31am On Oct 22, 2020
Ardar:
Is his name Obinna bright?
With a burnt black complexion? Did he try to kiss you on the day you guys exchanged numbers?

If he's the one pls run far away.

Happy birthday to ya!
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by segun18(m): 3:31am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks

My young lady pls just forget him. Move on.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by adesmoney(m): 3:48am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks

Leave dis love shii for now...#endsars
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by omoadeleye(m): 3:53am On Oct 22, 2020
ServanTheG:
Well said brother. One thing though,how the hell did you come up with your moniker? It's hilarious

Mejiloyon , OkanLoko
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by cooooooks(m): 4:04am On Oct 22, 2020
Girls hustle and make money o, let one small boy not accuse you of 'insulting' him.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Ada09: 4:08am On Oct 22, 2020
Any form of abuse is a red flag. For your safety and sanity I think you should run with ur life now before things escalates. You deserve better, so never settle for less.

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Juliearth(f): 4:21am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks

Dont fall for this antic. He is just a f*** boy. He asked you for your genotype so you can join Two and two together and conclude that he wants to marry you, but that is not his intention. Once you visit him and he has his way with you, that would be all. The tables would be turned around, you will be the one chasing him and he may have moved on to the next victim.

PS a man that defaults in communication due to his request being turned down is petty. Petty men are your worst nightmare as a woman. Such men also have a slight undertone of narcissism. Also, note that a man that will verbally abuse you could also physically abuse you.

You are young, marriage should not be a priority now. Focus on school and setting up a career, learn a skill and venture into other productive ventures.

2 Likes

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Juliearth(f): 4:21am On Oct 22, 2020
Xoly:
Love is not all about understanding each other's love languages. Love is accepting his/her flaws....

These flaws are suicidal. They are red flags that she must run away from.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 22, 2020
We make sacrifices for a sensitive issues like this sometimes.Looking at the age Gap that guy is old enough which demand you show him respect and coursty to some extent.

Been arrogant would only leave you with a lot of damages
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 9jaRealist: 4:56am On Oct 22, 2020
aminusodiq:
d guy isnt good fr u dear... And its obvious you are still in your whoring stage

No need for the crude misogyny... angry
>
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 9jaRealist: 5:02am On Oct 22, 2020
Oovi5:
Na man dey give you headache like this? Men will disgrace and stain your white ooo! Concentrate on yourself and job(If you have one at the moment)
Or she can do BOTH!
They are not mutually exclusive.

Work to live...
Not live to work.
>
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by notoriousbabe: 5:02am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
22 and you don sabi man instead of book. Kontinue you heare. I pray that it does not end in tears
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 22, 2020
MejiLoyon:

Date him so he will beat sense into you. Because you don't have any sense. Nigeria is in pains they are killing people for you to live safe you're thinking and talking about a boy. I won't say what's on my mind but I hope you will feel it
grin cheesy
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 9jaRealist: 5:04am On Oct 22, 2020
notoriousbabe:
22 and you don sabi man instead of book. Kontinue you heare. I pray that it does not end in tears

I know Nigerians live with their parents forever, but a 22-years old is not a kid. SMH
>
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by notoriousbabe: 5:09am On Oct 22, 2020
9jaRealist:

I know Nigerians live with their parents forever, but a 22-years old is not a kid. SMH
>
yeah but she is being catered for by her parents. They even give her money to buy sanitary pads Tell me another story abeg.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 9jaRealist: 5:10am On Oct 22, 2020
yemmit90:
Dont judge from what she posted here, young girls below 25yrs are mostly stupid and lack respects.

One can always rely on NL for crude sexism. SMH undecided
>
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by notoriousbabe: 5:12am On Oct 22, 2020
MejiLoyon:

don't mind her. The only thing on her mind is prick and not a better future for herself and unborn children

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Hides Phone, Eyeglass, Bottle Of Wine Inside Her Boobs (Photos) / Lady Covers Her Nose, Watches Her Man Poo Inside Toilet In Pre-wedding Photos / Okoro Blessing Nkeiruka Builds A House Of Her Own After Boyfriend Dumped Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.