Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met (66826 Views)

Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? / "My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 22, 2020
THOSE ARE THE BEHAVIOR THEY GAINED FROM THEIR PARENTS_ ____ANY RICH OR POOR FAMILY YOU SEE THAT THEY ALWAYS LOCKED THEIR DOMESTIC WORKERS INSIDE KITCHEN OR GARAGE ALWAYS HAVE THIS TYPE OF INDIVIDUAL CHILDREN WHO DON'T SEE ANY WRONG WITH THEIR BEHAVIOR TOWARDS ANYONE BOTH BOYFRIEND'S AND GIRLFRIEND
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Monjerk: 5:16am On Oct 22, 2020
Lady-wealth, I sight you very well, hope it is not the wealth that you saw as the best quality in him because you didn’t mention the quality.

Anyway both of you should learn how to talk to each other because I can see that from your statement, it is in both of you to talk anyhow to someone.

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 9jaRealist: 5:18am On Oct 22, 2020
notoriousbabe:
yeah but she is being catered for by her parents. They even give her money to buy sanitary pads Tell me another story abeg.

Glad you know all the intimate details of her personal life and parental situation, but it still does not change the reality that she is not a kid. The fact that our society entrusts 18-year-olds with the weighty responsibility of electing leaders and driving a car (a potentially lethal weapon) is succinct indication that a 22-year-old is not a kid, regardless of where they live or who they live with.

Meanwhile, it is always advisable to go into matrimony with some real-life relationship experiences.
>
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 9jaRealist: 5:27am On Oct 22, 2020
puremaker7:
Go to him, I hope he fvcks your anus out through doggy, beat you sense into your empty skull

Another crude misogynist... shocked
>
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Surulereman(m): 5:35am On Oct 22, 2020
Please what are the "qualities" you said you like in him?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Jessica57(f): 5:35am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

I just met a guy last month ending, we exchanged numbers and started chatting. He asked me out.. I really enjoyed chatting with him, just him alone. So few days after, he invited me to his house. I declined but I noticed that he stopped chatting with me.

Few days after, he asked about my genotype without even greeting me. I counter questioned him and he attacked me, claiming that he is not happy with me. I replied that 'I don't care'.
The next thing I received was rains of insults. Saying that I insulted him. I admitted and we settled it.

For the short times I've known him, I could see the kind of qualities I want in a man. But the problem he has and that he attested to is verbal abuse...

I noticed that anytime he invites me to his house and I declined, it always piss him off and he stops talking to me.
I decided not to visit him because it's not safe for me.

He argues over little things on chat, he talks to me like I'm a baby ( he is 33 and I'm 22). he is domineering... I'm just confused on the decision to date him considering all these flaws. I am suspicious of him being violent.
thanks

I once went through same,he sometimes try to raise his hands on me whenever he gets upset,tells me to stay way from just the 2 friends I have,he feels he knows what's best for me, na so I japa... If I eat without him problem,I don't kiss home wahala...I can't die cos of a man ooo.#endsars#endswat#endbadgovt.

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 9jaRealist: 5:36am On Oct 22, 2020
Sarah20A:
nothing is bad in posting here but the timing is very wrong .we are mourning our brothers,sisters, fathers and mothers that were murdered. Sleep and appetite for food has departed from me,nobody deserve to die that way.it could be you, me,or our family members so please we are in a very fragile and sensitive mood.

Here’s simple advice, scroll past the topics that do not interest you...
There are a few hundred #EndSars posts on NL, why bother to click on this particular one?

May the unfortunate souls of those murdered rest in peace. #ENDSARS
>

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Jessica57(f): 5:36am On Oct 22, 2020
Jessica57:

I once went through same,he sometimes try to raise his hands on me whenever he gets upset,tells me to stay way from just the 2 friends I have,he feels he knows what's best for me, na so I japa... If I eat without him problem,I don't kiss him wahala...I can't die cos of a man ooo.#endsars#endswat#endbadgovt.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 22, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Happy birthday to ya!

Thanks dear.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by vickydevoka(m): 5:38am On Oct 22, 2020
Number quality of a man. He is rich
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by 9jaRealist: 5:40am On Oct 22, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:
Must u bring everything to nairaland? Now, what do u want us to do about what u just penned down? I will advise that u go join the protest. #End SARS.
MejiLoyon:
Date him so he will beat sense into you. Because you don't have any sense. Nigeria is in pains they are killing people for you to live safe you're thinking and talking about a boy. I won't say what's on my mind but I hope you will feel it
ServanTheG:
Well said brother. One thing though,how the hell did you come up with your moniker? It's hilarious
Hopss:
Nonsense talk
Adeolaissacutie:
You are wicked oo...and I like it grin cheesy
tojahh:
You say he treats you like you're a baby?! No let me curse you Ogun o.

If you're not a baby, na this time wey the nation is at war you dey talk about man?

Abeg gerrat of hia.. Nation is mourning you are talking about nonsense. The mod sef is a clout chaser.
Prosperlord:
na person way Dy alive Dy date... e be like u smoke candle for posting dis at dis moment...#endbadgovernance
Benzemma:
abeg carry your Kaya comot for my way, we have something more than this nosense you are saying here.
Dunsin2020:
U get liver o dey post this kind thing when people dey die on the streets of Nigera abi na Dem abroad run away b this
Lee99:
Op don't let me curse you, at the time you were posting this rubbish people were being massacred and you're here talking about man, in this period? Just have sense don't be unfortunate #EndSARS #BuhariMustGo
#End SWAT
AlphamaleTech1:
Like seriously? Be like say u dey another planet ba?

Well, no be wetin dey do u dey do Nigerians now.
kodix:
Are we talking about boy or girl in Nigeria now,may huge thunder fire your head there,nonsense
Joshmanuel10:
U can come and ask d hoodlums they have the answers
Bastard person with misplaced priority
Are u sure u will be alive to see next year with the ways things are going
Lee99:
Op don't let me curse you, at the time you were posting this rubbish people were being massacred and you're here talking about man, in this period? Just have sense don't be unfortunate #EndSARS #BuhariMustGo
#End SWAT
Shirorogroup:
Nigerian youth are talking change... U are talking love... Well. Continue.
html14java:
What's your brand. I owe you a bottle
joepepsy:
Let me say what's in your mind" you no get sense"
joepepsy:
You such an insensitive human being at this time of chaos and bloodshed it relationship issue that's disturbing you,you funny.
Kachi17:
We don't need this kind of news right now, people are dying yr here posting another thing ☹️☹️
Celebsnews2:
We on national security matters now, Ma. Don't distract us.
Toyosi234:
u dey craze.......stupid very stupid youth
12345baba:
If ur topic is not Abt #endsars ur talking bullshit
Joshmanuel10:
They won't listen getting dicked is more important than living
stasius:
Nonsense!

Your house is on fire and you are chasing rat!

Nigeria is on fire and you are here telling us about your love life. If I slap you eeeewh! lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Haba! Even some of the so-called “Hoodlums” took time off burning and looting to watch UEFA Champions’ League...

It’s almost as if you folks did not see, read or understand the thread title before clicking on...smh
The intolerance, abusiveness and fascism of many Nigerians reminds one that often the difference with SARS is a uniform.

Here’s simple advice, scroll past the topics that do not interest you...
There are a few hundred #EndSars posts on NL, why bother to click on this particular one?

May the unfortunate souls of those murdered rest in peace. #ENDSARS
>

2 Likes

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

I just met a guy last month ending, we exchanged numbers and started chatting. He asked me out.. I really enjoyed chatting with him, just him alone. So few days after, he invited me to his house. I declined but I noticed that he stopped chatting with me.

Few days after, he asked about my genotype without even greeting me. I counter questioned him and he attacked me, claiming that he is not happy with me. I replied that 'I don't care'.
The next thing I received was rains of insults. Saying that I insulted him. I admitted and we settled it.

For the short times I've known him, I could see the kind of qualities I want in a man. But the problem he has and that he attested to is verbal abuse...

I noticed that anytime he invites me to his house and I declined, it always piss him off and he stops talking to me.

He argues over little things on chat, he talks to me like I'm a baby ( he is 33 and I'm 22). he is domineering... I'm just confused on the decision to date him considering all these flaws. I am suspicious of him being violent.
thanks
Never marry an abusive man, whether verbally or physically. Else one day he will say something to you that will break you so deep that you even decide to sleep with his father to spite him. Forget those other qualities, they can't compensate for his abusive threats
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Asianjollof007: 5:46am On Oct 22, 2020
10 years difference, you are actually a baby to him. The age gap is too much, that's why he behaves in such manner cos he's seeing you as a mere minor. Btw, which part of ifo do you stay?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Komu1048(m): 5:54am On Oct 22, 2020
iRepNaija1:

OP, please don't pursue this. You're not even in a relationship with him and you two are already arguing, regardless of who is right or wrong. That's red flag number one. Red flag number two is that he wants you to come to his house only after a few days of talking. That's concerning because a) you should be meeting someone you don't know well in a public place, b) he should want to meet you in a public place for a meet-up or date, or c) he just wants sex. If you just want sex, then cool. But since you've declined his first offer, I don't think that's what you're going for. The third red flag is that he insulted you. From what you said, you told him, "I don't care." Is that an insult? To me, it's not because you did not criticize his person or his family. (Remember, critique the action, not the person). Could your response have been said in a better way? Maybe but you were straightforward. If he's willing to do this and you two have just started talking, imagine what could happen if you were dating or in a serious relationship.

He's just trying to test your limits to see how much B.S. he can get away with and how much B.S. you can tolerate. At 22, you're an adult but you're also much younger than him and he's seeing if he can take advantage of your possible lack of experience in dating. The fact that you're on NL may indicate to me you're still interested in him despite these red flags because if you weren't, I know you would've not continued talking with him.

I think you should really let this man go. It just sounds like wahala. You're young and there will be so many other men. When a man likes you and wants to spend time with you, you won't have to question it, you won't be on NL asking for advice from strangers. He will treat you like royalty and handle you like glass. You will never have to second-guess his feelings for you or his motives. Good luck.

U must have watched almost all the Korean season film. Glass kor grass ni, be deceiving her
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by notoriousbabe: 5:57am On Oct 22, 2020
9jaRealist:

Glad you know all the intimate details of her personal life and parental situation, but it still does not change the reality that she is not a kid. The fact that our society entrusts 18-year-olds with the weighty responsibility of electing leaders and driving a car (a potentially lethal weapon) is succinct indication that a 22-year-old is not a kid, regardless of where they live or who they live with.

Meanwhile, it is always advisable to go into matrimony with some real-life relationship experiences.
>
as long as you live with your parents and they are still feeding you, you're still a kid bro
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by childosky(m): 6:07am On Oct 22, 2020
in the midst of the situation at hand about this #ENDSARS , #ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY , #ENDBADGOVERNANCE and someone managed to smuggle this into the front page.
don't worry, that thing weh deh scratch you in between your thighs will one day land you in a story that touches the heart.
walahi at 22 this girl is thinking love relationship. this girl have guts ooooooooo.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by mrfizy(m): 6:11am On Oct 22, 2020
Go ahead and date him.Every woman deserves the kind of man she gets.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by iRepNaija1: 6:12am On Oct 22, 2020
Komu1048:

U must have watched almost all the Korean season film. Glass kor grass ni, be deceiving her

I'm just using common sense. Don't stay with people who won't treat you well, guy or girl.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
He just show you his real character, you are ignoring the characters, well I pity for you, when you marry him he will deal with you very well and tell you that when he show you his character why did you not run away seriously, he will be the one preach for you at that time, girl you are young find another man, no sorry let another man find you, that you love and cherish you okk, stop beating yourself up. okk don't do that, don't bear suffering through out your life okk just drop the load now before it is too late. okkk and next time post the sort of problem when there is no crisis... see as people they insult you know but I admire your courage... Good luck...
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Dre183(m): 6:13am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks

At 22

Common small like girl, go and face your book before u will get married and u will be turn to punching bag

Wait let me ask u

Is it that u don't have sense?

Are you normal?

Or ur village people just decided to suffer you?

Or all of the above?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Ladycewhy(f): 6:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Dear ladywealth , i see tears , premium tears .
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Tunmise4real: 6:16am On Oct 22, 2020
Xoly:
Love is not all about understanding each other's love languages. Love is accepting his/her flaws....

Accepting his flaw when there is glaring evidence of being a baby adult. Abeg, don't mislead innocent girl. I advise the lady to run for her life. The guy is not marriable, his immature and such flaws is dangerous for your life.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by ariesbull: 6:17am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
The nation is burning and you bring your private matter here... Are you okay ?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Dagger111(m): 6:18am On Oct 22, 2020
33 - 22, u ar a baby nah, see this one.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by sylve11: 6:19am On Oct 22, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

U already begged, but u still brought it here for us to tell u what to do.... we should tell u to go 'unbeg' him?

Useless threads full Nairaland. That's how one guy created this https://www.nairaland.com/6187536/when-youre-jobless-still-pictures useless thread. grin cool
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by iRepNaija1: 6:24am On Oct 22, 2020
Uniquekriss:
your last paragraph is the reason most ladies break into marriages and do not care to become second wives cos they are out of time, OP, successful relationships take work, you don't stumble upon it, you are lucky the young man isn't faking his personality even from the start so if he's got most of the qualities you admire of a man, plz yield and stop stressing thbat dude, u also have a can of worms to unleash that he needs to put up with

First, you need to stop pushing the narrative that women are some time table. They're not. The OP is 22 so calm down.

Second, although I agree that any relationship, platonic or romantic takes work, it should not be at the expense of someone's well-being, mentally and emotionally. This man the OP is describing is already insulting her and they are not in a relationship at all. Hmm. Why is that? The man has already set the bar so low and you're asking OP to settle because time's not on her side and successful relationships take work? Really?

Third, the OP is lucky because the man showed exactly who he is. She can walk away knowing she dodged a bullet and spend her time and energy elsewhere, hopefully focusing herself and accomplishing her goals in life. OP, you have not lost anything. You have gained insight early without having to invest yourself emotionally. I cannot articulate how valuable this is.

OP, if you're still around and reading these responses, please don't listen to this poster. There are so many people in life who will make you feel like you're under some deadline or have to accept any man who does the bare minimum. You are not. Do not settle. Always know your worth.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by iRepNaija1: 6:26am On Oct 22, 2020
yemmit90:

Dont judge from what she posted here, young girls below 25yrs are mostly stupid and lack respects.

By calling OP stupid and lacking respect, aren't you judging her and doing the very thing you told me not to do?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by iRepNaija1: 6:27am On Oct 22, 2020
Bellotelli:

I detest people writing more than the op shocked

And people who have nothing to add to the topic? The worst.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by shadeyinka(m): 6:30am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
Lots of weeping awaits you of you date him or end up marrying him. Cut off from him, close your eyes to his money and find your joy somewhere else!
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by JBoss25(m): 6:30am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
He will Lil Frosh you if you don't think with wisdom
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by BuddingProgramm: 6:30am On Oct 22, 2020
Guys please help. I and my family have not had anything to eat since yesterday. We work for our daily survival. Prices of food items are crazy right now.

I've been quite unemployed for a while and I'm down spending my savings.

Please do not let us die of hunger.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by dboY1123(m): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks

I'm single and searching, I'm 27 ... Christian, I'm from Osun state, base in Ota, Ogun state
and awaiting service year.
I'm not abusive nor arrogant.. Well, just hit me on 07025604318

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lady Hides Phone, Eyeglass, Bottle Of Wine Inside Her Boobs (Photos) / Lady Covers Her Nose, Watches Her Man Poo Inside Toilet In Pre-wedding Photos / Okoro Blessing Nkeiruka Builds A House Of Her Own After Boyfriend Dumped Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.