Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre (4723 Views)

The Massacre Of 20 Vigilante, A Soldier In Kontokoro, Niger - Senator Sani Musa / Lekki Massacre: Who Gave The Order? Fredrick Nwabufo / Adeniyi Akintola Steps Down: I'm Sad & I Feel Cheated, But I'll Listen To Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by omoharry(f): 3:10am On Oct 21, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Because of the CCTV removal but I have gathered the men that did it are actually from the military disguised as technicians
lets save thier pictures.
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Difrent: 3:11am On Oct 21, 2020
Eriokanmi:
The same govt knows where to direct their armoury and not at peaceful protesters who don't hold guns. They sponsored thugs to first attack peaceful protesters but this failed. They now went and hired thugs to burn down stations to make people believe the protests have become violent so they could use that means to have their way. People aren't stupid. Same govt would swiftly come out to deny their evil deed. Have you ever wondered how possible is it for unarmed people to just invade prison yards and police stations to set inmates and offenders free without the knowledge of the govt and the armed police and warders would be watching without doing anything? Can you just arrange for 3 BRT buses owned by the state govt in partnership with NURTW to load thugs to the scene of protest without the govt and the NURTW knowing about it? I guess you're one of them doing damage control on the social media. Continue

damage control ke, where is the damage?
even you yourself know this thing has gone out of control of the endsars movement promoters and has been hijacked from them

i told people the government doesnt need to even send the military, they will simply turn the youths against themselves.......beleive me the government tactics will work, heres how. the protesters are now in 3 broad categories

Peaceful protesters
armed cultists disguised as protesters
Thugs

the last two will hijack the protest from the peaceful protesters.
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by plessis: 3:11am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
They had Curfew

The protesters were warned.

And who told you the military didn't tell them to turn off the cctv camera before launching the assault?

Stop being foolish. Where in the world is death a penalty for disobeying a curfew?
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Iamgrey5(m): 3:13am On Oct 21, 2020
plessis:

Stop being foolish. Where in the world is death a penalty for disobeying a curfew?
And where did I suggest that in my post

Mr clever by half?
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by omoharry(f): 3:15am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Tinubu or Sanwo are not in charge of military.

That is my point

Whatever the military did yesterday should be investigated.

Still, the protesters were warned, they could have left yesterday night and come back this morning.

Nigeria will not change overnight, so what is the big deal in keeping vigil this night.
Oga don't be talking to us as if we are primary six pikin.The military cannot enter your state like that massacre you ward without your knowledge .Do you think we are too stupid to know the law? Go to cannit just send his Millitary to just attack your people unless you ask for it .pls stop insulting our sensibility .Samwo-Olu might be governor but we all know who he is taking directive from .
Na this attitude of always saying Nigeria cannot chandelier over night nai our parent take out us for the hell we call a country .."E go better ,e go better" nai everybody dey run out of the country with the slightest oppurtunity they have .
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Iamgrey5(m): 3:18am On Oct 21, 2020
omoharry:
Oga don't be talking to us as if we are primary six pikin.The military cannot enter your state like that massacre you ward without your knowledge .Do you think we are too stupid to know the law? Go to cannit just send his Millitary to just attack your people unless you ask for it .pls stop insulting our sensibility .Samwo-Olu might be governor but we all know who he is taking directive from .
The military is stationed in every state.

Every state has a Barack and Lagos has one the biggest in Nigeria.

They don't need to seek permission of the Governor to lunch attacks, of course the governor would be informed which is why he declared a curfew to save lives.

It's as if you don't know what you are talking about

Where the heck are the military supposedly coming from

1 Like

Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Eriokanmi: 3:20am On Oct 21, 2020
Difrent:

damage control ke, where is the damage?
even you yourself know this thing has gone out of control of the endsars movement promoters and has been hijacked from them

i told people the government doesnt need to even send the military, they will simply turn the youths against themselves.......beleive me the government tactics will work, heres how. the protesters are now in 3 broad categories

Peaceful protesters
armed cultists disguised as protesters
Thugs

the last two will hijack the protest from the peaceful protesters.
The last 2 you mentioned were the instruments used by the govt from time immemorial, same way they're being used in elections to hijack ballot boxes. They always have them handy. They first brought them in 3 BRT buses( you know who controls BRT) to disrupt their peaceful protests but it didn't yield results though they attacked the protesters and left. The 2 category of youths you mentioned were those used by the govt to cause chaos to make people believe those peaceful protesters had gone violent. Google is free, search and you'd find where some of those thugs confessed they were sent by the govt. No armed policeman or prisons warders would have allowed such barbaric acts to have taken place if the govt wasn't in support. Looking at them from afar with heavy guns would have sent a strong message to would-be arsonists. It doesn't cost govt anyrhing to build the stations they sent their thugs to raze down. Its still our money they'd spend.
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by omoharry(f): 3:25am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The military is stationed in every state.

Every state has a Barack and Lagos has one the biggest in Nigeria.

They don't need to seek permission of the Governor to lunch attacks, of course the governor would be informed which is why he declared a curfew to save lives.

It's as if you don't know what you are talking about

Where the heck are the military supposedly coming from
hmmm!! I hear you .Damage control agent
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Iamgrey5(m): 3:29am On Oct 21, 2020
omoharry:
hmmm!! I hear you .Damage control agent
The military will only inform Sanwo that they received order to patrol and restore law and order. Sanwo will then go ahead to restrict movement for those period.

He couldn't have known how the brutal the military would be.
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by omoharry(f): 3:37am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The military will only inform Sanwo that they received order to patrol and restore law and order. Sanwo will then go ahead to restrict movement for those period.

He couldn't have known how the brutal the military would be.
A child born yesterday knows that the military are not called into a protest not until the police and all necessary seciorities of the state have been overwhelmed.. They did not go to Orile where they burnt police station , They did not go to Benin( that even released prisoners ) to shoot, what about Agege, Ikorodu and Ketu nko, where there was unrest. But they choose to drive all the way to a spot that has never been known to have any violence and the most organized.
Lekki protest have never had course to bring in the police for any reason .It is one of the most peaceful & a well cordinated protest ground and you are telling me there that Tinubu & governor is not aware about the massacre.. the calculated way they brought down the CCTV, the light leave less to be desired . Una weldone .
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Iamgrey5(m): 3:40am On Oct 21, 2020
omoharry:
A child born yesterday knows that the military are not called into a protest not until the police and all necessary seciorities of the state have been overwhelmed.. They did not go to Orile where they burnt police station , They did not go to Ikeja to shoot, nor what about Agege, Ikorodu and Ketu where there is unrest but they choose to drive all the way to a spot that has never been known to have any violence and the most organized protest ground and you are telling me there that Tinubu & governor is not aware of the massacre . Una weldone .
Ogeni how are you sure Military didn't go to Orile or Ikeja?

Military have been in orile since they burnt the police station, in fact it was stated in the report that military restored peace
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by omoharry(f): 3:43am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Ogeni how are you sure Military didn't go to Orile or Ikeja?

Military have been in orile since they burnt the police station, in fact it was stated in the report that military restored peace

why should I argue with you .. you are paid to do damage control . Bye
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by LegendHero(m): 3:44am On Oct 21, 2020
Everybody is somehow to blame for all this and I will explain why.

Firstly, we are protesting for End SARS, the government already dissolved SARS and even created a new unit while they chose to engage the Youths but we keep on protesting (I also did).

Secondly, to be fair to Sanwo-Olu, he has been one of the Governors that have handled this with maturity and you can always see how he always give daily report on his social media channels and even going as far as engaging Nigerians about what he is doing and already did about public enquiry, compensation for lost protesters family, and judicial panel to try murderous police.

I’m very sure they would have gotten the report of military deployment nationally which explained why several governors already declared curfew in their respective states (not only Lagos).

The sponsored thugs wreak havoc is multiple states by looting and burning police installations and public properties. Normally I think it is a coordinated movement by either the Federal Government with alliance from some governors or might actually be from some people who stand to benefit the more from chaos (Only God knows).

To the protesters today, what are we actually fighting for? Why call it End SARS if our motive is different? Why can’t we just call it revolution if that is what it is? Even the likes of FALZ, RUNTOWN, Aisha, and etc already warned guys yesterday about halting the protest but we Nigerians don’t listen to those signs. If it had been called Revolution, then we can all know it’s a do or die.

Tinubu and Osinbajo fall my hand. Even if you don’t have the power to order Buhari around, you should have stood your ground and let them know that they can’t just enter the West like that shooting at people defenselessly. Even if the FG and the COAS already made up their mind to deploy the military, Lagos should have been able to at least stand her ground to buy time to sensitize the youths but no you guys never did. You really fall my hand walahi.

Normally the government will always want to deploy military as the last resort to quell protests of this nature which involves such mass destruction we have seen from organized thugs who infiltrated the ranks of the peaceful protesters. Even Trump has to summon the USA military when BLM protesters are looting and burning buildings. The only difference here is that Nigeria army is a sick organization and our leaders have no compassion such that the army will start misbehaving and shooting recklessly because no one will sanction them even if they kill.

I somehow think the signs are there this morning when the likes of Tinubu and some other leaders are speaking up for people to halt the protest for a while. They know a lot we don’t know but they should have been more clearer about the warning MAYBE the Youth would have listen. But also, we Youth think we know it all and we don’t walkway seems to want to take heed and most are always forming woke which some people just use to chase clout.

Still on still, Osinbajo and Tinubu really fall our hand. Tinubu because he should have talk louder and try all his best to avert this show of shame. What is a government if you can’t secure the lives of your people. Who is the FG if not the respective power bloc within each part of the federation. One which the West also have a say!

To the Youths, what are we really fighting for? How could we continue to die for a cause that is not defined? If protesters leave the street tomorrow what is the gain of the people we lost and imagine the pain their parents had to go through?

So sad and get well soon to the people in the hospitals and RIP to the martyr we lost.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by omoharry(f): 3:46am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
They had Curfew

The protesters were warned.

And who told you the military didn't tell them to turn off the cctv camera before launching the assault?
Pls everyone ,This guy is a paid agent to do damage control ..pls ignor .he and his master are enemy of the people that are fighting for good governance ..
He is only concern with what lines his pocket and does not mind modgaging his future and that of his children for peanut give him by our bad leaders
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by GreyLaw(m): 3:48am On Oct 21, 2020
omoharry:
A child born yesterday knows that the military are not called into a protest not until the police and all necessary seciorities of the state have been overwhelmed.. They did not go to Orile where they burnt police station , They did not go to Benin( that even released prisoners ) to shoot, what about Agege, Ikorodu and Ketu nko, where there was unrest. But they choose to drive all the way to a spot that has never been known to have any violence and the most organized.
Lekki protest have never had course to bring in the police for any reason .It is one of the most peaceful & a well cordinated protest ground and you are telling me there that Tinubu & governor is not aware about the massacre.. the calculated way they brought down the CCTV, the light leave less to be desired . Una weldone .

I like this reply. Lol...

The soldiers went for the money. They went to the toll gate at Lekki. Imagine someone holding brief for the governor saying the man wouldn't know how brutal soldiers would be. That's a big lie.

Sanwo Olu knew, Tinubu also knew. The toll gate generates millions for the state and in extension, Tinubu. Both men needed the military to drive protesters away and they needed the military to do it. They sure knew the military would kill people. They obviously wouldn't have known such high number would be killed, but they knew people would get killed.

Enough of this foolishness, supporting wickedness in the name of covering up for men who only think about their pockets.
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by seanwilliam(m): 3:59am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So why are people targeting Tinubu and Samwo Olu?

Is it not just silly ?
I've been following your comments lately.. why on hell are u hell bent on defending these wicked people?? If Tinubu is attacked , it is not your duty to defend him.. they brought this nation to this stage... let them dance to the tune.. dont disappoint oks, u one of nairalanders I mostly look out for their comments.. u are from Ibadan I supposed.
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by seanwilliam(m): 4:02am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So why are people targeting Tinubu and Samwo Olu?

Is it not just silly ?
no be fight.. that's just my observation
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Iamgrey5(m): 4:06am On Oct 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
I've been following your comments lately.. why on hell are u hell bent on defending these wicked people?? If Tinubu is attacked , it is not your duty to defend him.. they brought this nation to this stage... let them dance to the tune.. dont disappoint oks, u one of nairalanders I mostly look out for their comments.. u are from Ibadan I supposed.
Yes, Tinubu and every other Politician should be targeted not just Tinubu alone.

Why was Peter Obi not targeted when Massacre happened under his nose as a governor?

Why did Atiku who played no small role in Buhari becoming president became the choice of certain people in the last year general election, but Tinubu being victimzed ever since

Look! I will never ever support a Tinubu presidential ambition even in my sleep but I have stayed long enough in the politics section on Nairaland to understand the hypocrisy of this people.

And Yes I am from Ibadan bruv.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by BennyDGreat: 4:43am On Oct 21, 2020
LegendHero:
Everybody is somehow to blame for all this and I will explain why.

Firstly, we are protesting for End SARS, the government already dissolved SARS and even created a new unit while they chose to engage the Youths but we keep on protesting (I also did).

Secondly, to be fair to Sanwo-Olu, he has been one of the Governors that have handled this with maturity and you can always see how he always give daily report on his social media channels and even going as far as engaging Nigerians about what he is doing and already did about public enquiry, compensation for lost protesters family, and judicial panel to try murderous police.

I’m very sure they would have gotten the report of military deployment nationally which explained why several governors already declared curfew in their respective states (not only Lagos).

The sponsored thugs wreak havoc is multiple states by looting and burning police installations and public properties. Normally I think it is a coordinated movement by either the Federal Government with alliance from some governors or might actually be from some people who stand to benefit the more from chaos (Only God knows).

To the protesters today, what are we actually fighting for? Why call it End SARS if our motive is different? Why can’t we just call it revolution if that is what it is? Even the likes of FALZ, RUNTOWN, Aisha, and etc already warned guys yesterday about halting the protest but we Nigerians don’t listen to those signs. If it had been called Revolution, then we can all know it’s a do or die.

Tinubu and Osinbajo fall my hand. Even if you don’t have the power to order Buhari around, you should have stood your ground and let them know that they can’t just enter the West like that shooting at people defenselessly. Even if the FG and the COAS already made up their mind to deploy the military, Lagos should have been able to at least stand her ground to buy time to sensitize the youths but no you guys never did. You really fall my hand walahi.

Normally the government will always want to deploy military as the last resort to quell protests of this nature which involves such mass destruction we have seen from organized thugs who infiltrated the ranks of the peaceful protesters. Even Trump has to summon the USA military when BLM protesters are looting and burning buildings. The only difference here is that Nigeria army is a sick organization and our leaders have no compassion such that the army will start misbehaving and shooting recklessly because no one will sanction them even if they kill.

I somehow think the signs are there this morning when the likes of Tinubu and some other leaders are speaking up for people to halt the protest for a while. They know a lot we don’t know but they should have been more clearer about the warning MAYBE the Youth would have listen. But also, we Youth think we know it all and we don’t walkway seems to want to take heed and most are always forming woke which some people just use to chase clout.

Still on still, Osinbajo and Tinubu really fall our hand. Tinubu because he should have talk louder and try all his best to avert this show of shame. What is a government if you can’t secure the lives of your people. Who is the FG if not the respective power bloc within each part of the federation. One which the West also have a say!

To the Youths, what are we really fighting for? How could we continue to die for a cause that is not defined? If protesters leave the street tomorrow what is the gain of the people we lost and imagine the pain their parents had to go through?

So sad and get well soon to the people in the hospitals and RIP to the martyr we lost.

The protest won't stop. It's over for this government. All kinds of things will happen in days to come. This military attack is a MAJOR ERROR. Internationally, Buhari will be seriously dragged.

Locally, it would be difficult for them to keep governing as it stands
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by seanwilliam(m): 4:56am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Yes, Tinubu and every other Politician should be targeted not just Tinubu alone.

Why was Peter Obi not targeted when Massacre happened under his nose as a governor?

Why did Atiku who played no small role in Buhari becoming president became the choice of certain people in the last year general election, but Tinubu being victimzed ever since

Look! I will never ever support a Tinubu presidential ambition even in my sleep but I have stayed long enough in the politics section on Nairaland to understand the hypocrisy of this people.

And Yes I am from Ibadan bruv.

u still dont get my point.. u are still defending him.. u should not be concerned about that at all.. why would u even care about someone that has the whole of Lagos state under his feet? Why would u be indirectly defending someone that has cut in every tax and money made in Lagos... ? It is not your job to do that! Let Tinubu come forward and defend himself!.. it is very dumb and wicked to supporting or defending any politician In Nigeria.. I'm from Ibadan too
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Lambarry1: 4:59am On Oct 21, 2020
Verily I say unto you.....this isn't tinubu speaking here
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by raumdeuter: 5:08am On Oct 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
u still dont get my point.. u are still defending him.. u should not be concerned about that at all.. why would u even care about someone that has the whole of Lagos state under his feet? Why would u be indirectly defending someone that has cut in every tax and money made in Lagos... ? It is not your job to do that! Let Tinubu come forward and defend himself!.. it is very dumb and wicked to supporting or defending any politician In Nigeria.. I'm from Ibadan too

Taking taxes or eating money is different from murder

We don't need to call a dog a bad name just to hang it
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by orisa37: 5:10am On Oct 21, 2020
I believe TINUBU. The Army is desperate now. BUHARI REJECTS BURAITAI'S REQUEST TO DEPLOY SOLDIERS FOR ENDSARS and yet, Buraitai flouted BUHARI'S REJECTION BY PROVOCATIVELY DEPLOYING SOLDIERS TO ABUJA, LAGOS ETCETERA ETCETERA.

AND MIYETTI ALLAH NOW ACCUSING TINUBU OF INVOLVEMENTS.

TINUBU SHOULD APPROACH BUHARI, LAWAN AND GBAJABIAMILA AND TELL THEM IN NO UNCERTAIN CLARITY TO IMPLEMENT AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES SINE CESSARE.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 21, 2020
raumdeuter:

Taking taxes or eating money is different from murder

We don't need to call a dog a bad name just to hang it
I remember when u said Saraki was the clog in the wheel of this government.

I’m no fan of any politician, I’m only expecting your honest review on this Buhari’s government cos I know you’ve been a fan even though nothing of substance has been achieved so far.
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 21, 2020
I find it amusing that people still believe Tinubu owns the tollgates in Lagos. This is crazy, social media is really a problem
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by raumdeuter: 5:23am On Oct 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

I remember when u said Saraki was the clog in the wheel of this government.

I’m no fan of any politician, I’m only expecting your honest review on this Buhari’s government cos I know you’ve been a fan even though nothing of substance has been achieved so far.

Buhari has been a major disappointment so far in his last 5yrs
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by OfoIgbo: 6:01am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Which Stupid Partner?

When has Buhari ever shared power with Tinubu.

When he allowed Tinubu to choose his vice president.

When he allowed Tinubu to install his lackeys as National Assembly leaders
Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by TheRareGem1(f): 6:06am On Oct 21, 2020
How did osinbajo and Tinubu fall your hand. They don't call the call. We should target our talks to the president.

Osinbajo na VP, VP no control para or military, they only take orders from President or Chief of staff .... VP can't not even hire or fire employees. Osinbajo acted as president was why we demand so much from him ...

We need constitutional review truly

1 Like

Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by Staro: 6:15am On Oct 21, 2020

Useless president
Foolish followers

Re: Lekki Massacre:: Listen To Tinubu Absolve Himself From The Massacre by esereme2019: 6:20am On Oct 21, 2020
hakeem4:
My own question is who commanded these people?
Na me since everyone is denying.
Animals in position of leadership everywhere in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ESN Member Constructs Fighther Jet In Enugu - VIDEO, PICTURES / A Man From Ijebu Is Questioning A Rhodes-vivour / Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.