Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City (74031 Views)

5 Naked Armed Robbers Caught On CCTV / This Young Man Was Murdered This Night In Ibadan (Graphic Photo) / Two Birds Fought To Death In My Compound Early This Morning, PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fotupon(m): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2020
Last night Bedc light went off at 2:00 am as usual in Ikpoba Okha local govt of Edo state where I live. At around 2:30 am I heard a car drive through my street and packed close to my house. I thought it was one of the street neighbors, but I got suspicious when I heard footsteps around the compound.

It turned out that armed robbers came in the car and walked to the window of my neighbor who lives in another flat. Right after I heard sound of hitting and my neighbor's wife shouting. It turned out the armed robbers were breaking down the iron protector on my neighbors kitchen window. They succeeded in removing the iron protector and breaking all the glass ludvass. My neighbor rushed to the kitchen and tried to prevent them from entering inside while wielding a shovel. The wife at the side was shouting to alert people and also throwing things in the kitchen at the armed robbers.

Meanwhile I went to the window to shout and alert the neighbors, when I saw that no one was responding I started thinking if I should go out alone. I decided to go outside and pretend to be vigilante boys by hitting a tray, but right after I heard the sound of gunshot.

Apparently after the three armed robbers saw that they couldn't enter inside the house, one of them started asking, "make I light am, make I light am?" After receiving the go ahead, he shot at my neighbor who fell down from the shock. After shooting, the armed robbers rushed to their car and left where the driver was inside waiting for them and left.

I saw the armed robbers drive off to the major road, how they could drive through a major road when there is supposed to be curfew and roadblocks still baffles me. I hurriedly went to my neighbor to confirm whether he was shot. Luckily the bullet from the gunshot spread, and some of it injured my neighbor's hand. Some minutes later the other neighbors in the compound came out to check.

The following morning the area vigilante corps that we pay money to every month to guard the area came over and told us we should have called them on the phone because they were not nearby to hear the shouting. We told them they never said anything about having a phone number we could call and they gave us their number to call next time.

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nbotee(m): 11:53am On Oct 21, 2020
Hmmm...
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by PoliteActivist: 11:55am On Oct 21, 2020
Citizens NEED to organize against criminals. Police no longer exist. Time of minding your own business is over. You MUST come together

314 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by ashybabs(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
Benin right now is a red zone! ova 1000 hardened criminals von the loose

134 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by chinchonglee(m): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2020
The menance of ENDSARS has jst begun.

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by NoPlaceLike(f): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2020
This is no time for armed robbers to take undue advantage of the poor masses.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Righteousness89(m): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2020
Sorry Bro..

The thief comets not but to steal, kill and Destroy!!!

Desperate time calls for Desperate Measures..
We are in very Terrible and Perilous times..
Nobody knows what is Coming Next..

My Admonishment is that as we Protect our Assests and Properties, let's us Ensure our lives are well Secured for Eternity.
Let's Ensure that we Have Genuiely Surrendered our lives to JESUS Christ...

This is What Really Matters

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by promzy555(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2020
Yesterday I heard it was terrible at GRA robbers

11 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by ecolime(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2020
NoPlaceLike:
This is no time for armed robbers to take undue advantage of the poor masses.
The Police and Military are truly a reflection of our society. Really sad to be a Nigerian.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by 4ckyou: 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
ashybabs:
Benin right now is a red zone! ova 1000 hardened criminals von the loose

1,992 criminals

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fotupon(m): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2020
The wickedness of black man towards his fellow black man is too much. How can the entire police force decide to go AWOL because people are clamoring for the police to be cleansed of the evil within it.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2020
It is well

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:
The wickedness of black man towards his fellow black man is too much. How can the entire police force decide to go AWOL because people are clamoring for the police to be cleansed of the evil within it.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Even local vigilante too went AWOL, we are on our own now.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by daddytime(m): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Agbada don hook for barbwire.

You go fear burglary proof na.

This burglary proof dey learn work where Chelsea goalkeeper dey.

13 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Shebi una dey rejoice say them free prisoners. It's all man for himself now.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by sammysneh(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2020
Nigeria police are all on strike
Sars was disbanded the police suppose to still continue their work
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by CodeTemplar: 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
Those are APC thugs.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by ifeo(f): 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2020
sammysneh:
Nigeria police are all on strike

Sars was disbanded the police suppose to still continue their work
How can the police work when you people were hailing the thugs destroying police Stations

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by sammysneh(m): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
ifeo:

How can the police work when you people were hailing the thugs destroying police Stations

Hired thugs you should say all the video evidence on the internet is enough to know those thugs are government sponsored

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by mytime24(f): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2020
Hope nt all these prisoners

Una just released during #endsars

don go back to their normal duty

9 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by ifeo(f): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2020
sammysneh:

Hired thugs you should say all the video evidence on the internet is enough to know those thugs are government sponsored
The thugs that are robbing people now are also hired abi?

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2020
Time to get weapon for house Don reach.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by stephanie79548: 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2020
:This is no time for armed robbers to take undue advantage of the poor masses. The Police and Military are truly a reflection of our society. Really sad to be a Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Mayng01(m): 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2020
This is horrendous
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by pretydiva(f): 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2020
I heard about 4 gun shots last night. I couldn't sleep. It's only God that can help us oo. Benin is something else now

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by simplepee(f): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
stephanie79548:
:This is no time for armed robbers to take undue advantage of the poor masses. The Police and Military are truly a reflection of our society. Really sad to be a Nigerian.
Are you just finding out??. The heart of the average Nigerian is full of evil. Stealing is in their DNA.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Naijaguy12345(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
Time to get your German Shepherd people.
[img]https://i./9Bmk.gif[/img]

18 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
It's only unfortunate that some hoodlums and criminals that were released forcefully have started raping and stealing already.

Releasing hardened criminals back into the society will never end well.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by jericco1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
It is a shame really.
And I thought there was a curfew. angry

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by sylve11: 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2020
Some of the local vigilantes are insiders who invites the outsiders to rub from the inside-insiders. sad cool

5 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by blinking001(m): 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2020
It is well with Nigeria
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2020
Firstly, I blame the Contractor that worked on the building of that house, considering the installation of the burglary. The thieves have confirmed the weak points during the day.

Secondly, the prisoners must be looking for ways to gather some money & japa to somewhere distant. The Edo people gonna pay for that. No proof that they perpetrated this though.

In all, thank God there was no loss of life.

30 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNILAG Lecturer Who Raped 18 Year-old-girl Has Been Called Out By Another Victim / Villagers Attack Fulanis In Numan Adamawa, Kill 45, Injure Others (Graphic Pics) / 17-year-old Yahoo Boy Beats His 28-year-old Girlfriend To Pulp (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.