Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? (1083 Views)

If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? / Elections: Ohanaeze raises alarm on situations in Lagos, Imo / Princess Oyenike Oyedele Roberts Contesting For President Of Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by newharddrives(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
Assuming you are the President of Nigeria,what would be your actions and reactions towards the crisis rocking different parts of the country.

How would you handle the situations in order for normalcy to return to different states of the federation?

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by jjxxx: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
RESIGN

2 Likes

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by JAMO4REAL1(m): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
I will resign and go back to my house

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by JuanDeDios: 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
newharddrives:
Assuming you are the President of Nigeria,what would be your actions and reactions towards the crisis rocking different parts of the country.

How would you handle the situations in order for normalcy to return to different states of the federation?
Take some specific actions. I wrote this in another thread - a day or before Lekki happened.

The police's response to this was the usual - issue a statement and wait for it to go away. But the young folks showed they were serious this time so the police leadership are miming. No real change has been made, either on the part of police leadership or the state.

If I were the IG, I'd issue a statement like - We have arrested so and so number for prosecution for murder, torture and extortion; fire so and so number for witnessing murder and failing to report it; demoted so and so number for failing to rein in officers under their command; so and so number are still under investigation. We are redrafting our training and putting in place measures to ensure only worthy people are recruited, including background checks like it's done elsewhere. (I've been saying red for years. Try entering the FBI - they will interview your grandmother, you classmates, your brother's ex-girlfriend, your former neighbours from 10 years, etc.)

If I were the president, I'd issue a statement like - I am sorry the government failed the youth for so long by letting the police kill unchecked and tell people 'I will kill you and nothing will happen'; the IG has been fired and the new IG has my instructions to root out the system of "returns" within the force; the NHRC board has been reconstituted; as we speak, 20 states and FG have constituted their panels (less than 10 states have so far) and the remaining states and the FCT are working on it - those with proven cases of suffering unduly at the hands of the police with compensated; the federal and state AGs are working overtime to prosecute culprits; the PSC is being reconstituted with a mandate to ensure the system of returns is rooted from the force - the members will be announced tomorrow; I am increasing a constable's salary by 75% with immediate effect and my VP is working on a report for a comprehensive improvement of police welfare, including financial provision for the family of those who died serving their country; etc.

But you know what? We're dealing with an institutional rot, so I doubt the IG can make the statement above - he's a beneficiary of the system. The entire police leadership knew about these murders and aided and abetted them. Nothing they tell you is to be believed. The police can't change itself - only the FG can do it. And where is the president? Let's not go there.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by newharddrives(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
jjxxx:
RESIGN
you know Nigeria leaders are not use to resigning

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by mruwaifo(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2020
RESIGN
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by cybertruss(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
All I will do is show the people they are important. I would not only disband SARs but call for a national conference with every tribe represented. Few selected members of the Senate will be present to discuss how we can live together. If GEJ or Osibanjo were the President this crises would not escalate to this level.

I will also sack the IG of police with the Army Chief for killing innocent protesters. Start paying money to victim's families after seeing them in Aso rock. If possible, rebury victims as fallen heroes.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by IsBubuAlive: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
Give daily televised updates.

Sack the igp and order a total reshuffle of all commisioners of police.

Review the police salary structure, recruitment and training.

Personally visit the hotest protest zone as these are kids who just want a better country so they can go to school and work without fear of harassment.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by illicit(m): 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2020
I will replace my vice president with a youth....
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by newharddrives(m): 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
IsBubuAlive:
Give daily televised updates.

Sack the igp and order a total reshuffle of all commisioners of police.

Review the police salary structure, recruitment and training.

Personally visit the hotest protest zone as these are kids who just want a better country so they can go to school and work without fear of harassment.
Nice but replacing the V.p might not be achievable
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by dukeprince50: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
There is a difference between PMB and President

with the way things are going, him better use his head, whatever he says will escalate things and opposition party are always there to find fault in his speech that may trigger people.
Though the president has his flaws but they(opposition) have made it so bad for him that majority of Nigerians doesn't even respect the president, politics in Nigeria is a very deadly game and we are reaping the fruit. The worst he could do is talk to Nigerians cos it will anger Nigerians more and if he flies out, it will be worse, if he sends someone to address the nation, things will escalate.Its not easy becoming a President and more than that, its not easy becoming a Buhari, The IGP better handle the situation amicably
As for PMB, him better shut up for now
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by coolhuster: 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2020
JuanDeDios:

Take some specific actions. I wrote this in another thread - a day or before Lekki happened.

The police's response to this was the usual - issue a statement and wait for it to go away. But the young folks showed they were serious this time so the police leadership are miming. No real change has been made, either on the part of police leadership or the state.

If I were the IG, I'd issue a statement like - We have arrested so and so number for prosecution for murder, torture and extortion; fire so and so number for witnessing murder and failing to report it; demoted so and so number for failing to rein in officers under their command; so and so number are still under investigation. We are redrafting our training and putting in place measures to ensure only worthy people are recruited, including background checks like it's done elsewhere. (I've been saying red for years. Try entering the FBI - they will interview your grandmother, you classmates, your brother's ex-girlfriend, your former neighbours from 10 years, etc.)

If I were the president, I'd issue a statement like - I am sorry the government failed the youth for so long by letting the police kill unchecked and tell people 'I will kill you and nothing will happen'; the IG has been fired and the new IG has my instructions to root out the system of "returns" within the force; the NHRC board has been reconstituted; as we speak, 20 states and FG have constituted their panels (less than 10 states have so far) and the remaining states and the FCT are working on it - those with proven cases of suffering unduly at the hands of the police with compensated; the federal and state AGs are working overtime to prosecute culprits; the PSC is being reconstituted with a mandate to ensure the system of returns is rooted from the force - the members will be announced tomorrow; I am increasing a constable's salary by 75% with immediate effect and my VP is working on a report for a comprehensive improvement of police welfare, including financial provision for the family of those who died serving their country; etc.

But you know what? We're dealing with an institutional rot, so I doubt the IG can make the statement above - he's a beneficiary of the system. The entire police leadership knew about these murders and aided and abetted them. Nothing they tell you is to be believed. The police can't change itself - only the FG can do it. And where is the president? Let's not go there.

That's all..It would have quenched the fire.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by Xammie001(m): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2020
As The President of this nation i won't allow the matter get to this before speaking out
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by newharddrives(m): 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2020
Xammie001:
As The President of this nation i won't allow the matter get to this before speaking out
so now that it has gotten to this,any solutions?
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by Baiser(m): 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2020
JAMO4REAL1:
I will resign and go back to my house

We need to understand Nigeira.
If Buhari resigns you are calling for crisis.

Arewa will fight oduduwa.
The people in posts will loot the remaining money.
Even right now, there is no fire service, hospitals are closed down.. e.t.c

The best thing is to find a scape goat.
It can be those sars officials, especially that cannibal in the south east.

Arrest people enmasse, because this protest is no longer peaceful.

Declear state of emergency and turn Nigeria to China.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by ellapius(f): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
I will order shawarma and pizza send it to lekki tollgate tell them it's from their president while they eat I will also call all the IG to my office and have a life meeting with the youth on a big screen . then I will end sarz and increase police salary. them order a big ice cream and chicken party to celebrate with all the youth at eagle square
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by gasparpisciotta: 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2020
I will come to Lagos and declare the protest close by having a town hall meeting with youths across the state.

I will go to Port Harcourt and Enugu and do the same and go to Kaduna and Abuja to have same meeting.

Our agenda will be based on:
Jobs Opportunities, Security, and Police.

All artisanal associations-tailors, Vulcanizers, barbers etc in all states will be given grants.

Lift ban on importation of rice and grant concessions on import duties
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by Feggie3: 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2020
And none of you said anything about employing and empowering the youths. Then you people don't know the genesis of our problem.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by newharddrives(m): 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2020
Feggie3:
And none of you said anything about employing and empowering the youths. Then you people don't know the genesis of our problem.
haa you can't be employing people na in times of crisis,normalcy has to return first,then you start talking of other ways to keep the youths off the street.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by illicit(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2020
ellapius:
I will order shawarma and pizza send it to lekki tollgate tell them it's from their president while they eat I will also call all the IG to my office and have a life meeting with the youth on a big screen . then I will end sarz and increase police salary. them order a big ice cream and chicken party to celebrate with all the youth at eagle square

lol the next day will be worse o....
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by IsBubuAlive: 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
newharddrives:
Nice but replacing the V.p might not be achievable

Vp or igp?

Did the igp appoint himself?
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by sammyj: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2020
Gun down my cabal and myself for outright failure !!! grin
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by dokie: 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
jjxxx:
RESIGN

Simple and short.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by WonderManly(m): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
newharddrives:

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria,what Will You Do In Situations Like This? by ellapius(f): 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
illicit:

lol the next day will be worse o....
then we do BBQ with drinks ask the musicians to perform

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Ipob For Trump South East Youth Una Go Wail Las Las / Lekki Shootings: Contradicting Statements From Lai Mohammed And VP Prof Osinbajo / Revealed:Why Nigeria Is A Fantastically Corrupt And Failed State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.