Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others (62513 Views)

Aranmolate Ayobami: ‘We Treated 15 Lekki Tollgate Shooting Victims’ / Lekki Shooting Victims Storm Lagos Panel Of Inquiry / Nigerian Army Denies Moving 20 Lekki Shooting Victims To IDH Mortuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Eberex(m): 12:57am On Oct 22, 2020
Coming out in the night to talk.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by lexy2014: 12:59am On Oct 22, 2020
fergie001:
Osinbajo: "These Are Trying Times"

Prof Yemi Osinbajo

Just as I predicted on d 20th that he will come with motivational speech

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by law001(m): 1:01am On Oct 22, 2020
Condolence VP
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Image123(m): 1:08am On Oct 22, 2020
Nicodemus, you should honourable resign in protest to the nonsense that culminated yesterday. All of you,your data finished in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by uselessmod1: 1:12am On Oct 22, 2020
may God punish all the witches n wizards
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Wellington123: 1:12am On Oct 22, 2020
Osibanjo cannot be the right presidential candidate in 2023... The fact that he couldn't stop this shows that he would be another puppet in the hands of the fulani oligarchy just like Jonathan if he becomes president

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Amah70: 1:13am On Oct 22, 2020
fergie001:
Osinbajo: "These Are Trying Times"

Prof Yemi Osinbajo

[we pray we will never see a repeat of this thing].

——- Yemi Osinbajo.

Was Osinbajo convinced that worse than this shall not happen in Nigeria in future?

But why must a pastor lie?

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Naniboy555: 1:17am On Oct 22, 2020
let's see��
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by chaloskyx: 1:19am On Oct 22, 2020
we would definitely see a repeat as long as selfish inhumane and corrupt leaders like yourself and your president continue to lead us

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by goodman99(m): 1:19am On Oct 22, 2020
Do the needful
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Obichukwuu: 1:21am On Oct 22, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by chaloskyx: 1:23am On Oct 22, 2020
which devil please leave the devil out of this o hes on vacation watching how the selfish desires for power and money drive Gods creation to kill their own brothers
Temptee101:

With all due respect sir, shut D Fck up! It's not enough to be dishing out promises on social media without marching them with actions.

I know deep down, you hate your boss actions or inactions as the case may be but it's unfortunate you are afraid to speak up.

If your boss has refused to resign, why dont you resign and put the devil to shame.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by bobolaga: 1:28am On Oct 22, 2020
VP, stop all this mercy after death, when federal government shot the whole nation for 4 months because of covi 19, no one is in hurry and covi 19 never kill up to 20 Nigeria, when security personnel has kill more that 50 Nigerian, you can imagine the zoo we are, now just to end sars brutalities and good government in Nigeria, less than two weeks protest with out arms our zoo commander can not be patient with future generation, remember that, as egg developed to cock is as baby develop to man, as for sanwo olu and Tinubu they are popular know as useful idiot, remember that Sanwo Olu is selected governor not elected, so he has no say, is only ship captain know when and when to turn the gear and wheel of his ship directions.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:31am On Oct 22, 2020
Goodcare:
I reserved my comment

APC GO WIN 2023 ELECTION LANDSLIDE

SAI BABA
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by AreaFada2: 1:33am On Oct 22, 2020
Well, Mr Osinbade, Nigerians have been through trying times since 2015. Stop pretending.

You rubbished yourself being gutless to resign from Buhari evil govt. You have become Mourner-General over the corpses of your people.

You stretch your legs over the corpses of your people to walk into office daily.

As a Christian & pastor, you sold your soul very cheaply to the devil because of privilege, money and power.

Mr man, worse is to come. And do not be sure that you or your family will be spared when it all explodes. Don't be too sure.

You will be forever tied to the worst govt in Nigerian history.

Tueh!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by banio: 1:37am On Oct 22, 2020
REDUCE ALL POLITICIANS, president, governors, senators etc, SALARY AND ENTITLEMENTS TO A MAXIMUM OF #1 MILLION PER MONTH.

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by DrewMX(m): 1:37am On Oct 22, 2020
Ceremonial VP
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by oyeb15: 1:39am On Oct 22, 2020
Tell us d truth that buhari died 3years ago.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by big7: 1:41am On Oct 22, 2020
divide and rule tactics by the north to continue dominating and enslaving us here in the south in collaboration is a very unfortunate thing...we youth in the south holds ourselves the responsibility to remain united as they know a united south will bring an end to norther domination down here...we need to be smart and focus in this struggle together to gain total and absolute freedom from this lot....a united south is a prosperous south...we stick together we get very formidable
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Najdorf: 1:41am On Oct 22, 2020
His words are absolutely useless at this moment.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by AreaFada2: 1:44am On Oct 22, 2020
banio:
REDUCE ALL POLITICIANS, president, governors, senators etc, SALARY AND ENTITLEMENTS TO A MAXIMUM OF #1 MILLION PER MONTH.

One million Naira per month? shocked shocked

Which job does a senator do that's better than a school principal, a magistrate, a lecturer or a midwife's work? Sleeping in the chamber? shocked shocked shocked shocked

How can the legislature/NASS have more budget than health & education combined? Please remind me of any non-Banana Republic where such happens?

A country struggling to pay workers 30,000 Naira monthly cannot honestly pay politicians more than 10 times (300k) including allowances. It doesn't happen anywhere else. A president earning over 600k or a governor on over 500k has no conscience. Join private sector if money is your motivation.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by AreaFada2: 1:46am On Oct 22, 2020
Najdorf:
His words are absolutely useless at this moment.

Even p in psychology is far more useful my brother. He's an epic disappointment. A man we all respected so much.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by uchejustine: 1:49am On Oct 22, 2020
He should keep his promise. Enough of all these empty promises.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Brushstrokes20: 1:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Pathetic filth!
Prof osinbande, if I were you, I'll honourably quit this good for nothing, bloodthirsty govt of self serving thieves and sadistic Tyrants!
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Naxtrad(m): 1:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Openbusiness:
sad Bad or failed leadership from the wicked Buhari regime caused all these problems. Even during the time of Abacha, even when MKO was killed, even when Simbiat was assassinated, even when Funsho Williams was murdered in Dolphin Ikoyi, and all the other major political crisis in Lagos history, it never ever degenerated to this point, degenerated too badly that Oba of Lagos palace was desecrated by angry youths....none of these unfortunate things has ever happened before in the entire history of Lagos State. Lagos State has never ever witness civil unrest and anarchy on a large scale to this extent of public destructions before. What triggered it? They sent soldiers to shoot and kill umarmed peaceful protesters at Lekki phase 1 toll gate.

There was so much tension in the country already, mass poverty coupled with many anti-people government policies that have driven up prices of commodities and costs of living, so much Government insensitivity. People are yet to recover from COVID economic recession, you start slamming Nigerians with one tax after another, one tariff after another, fuel price up, VAT up, NEPA up, dollar up, one crazy tax after another, one crazy bill after another. The masses are already frustrated and the frustration was already at boiling point. Yet Buhari regime doesn't care, he is not bothered. Nigerians can go to hell, that's not his business.

Ok, no problem, the people still managed to continue their lives, but it got to a point they said enough is enough for police brutality, torture, maiming and extrajudicial killings. It was not exaggeration. It was reality. There were countless cases of extreme human rights violations and murders, without justice being served on the police killers and offenders. This was the main cause of the protests at the initial stages, protesters were loud, they were angry but they were civil, they were orderly and they were unarmed. It was peaceful. Protesting peacefully was their aim to voice out their displeasure and anger to government, to press for critical changes in the system, to ask for justice for the murdered and oppressed.

Buhari said he acknowledged the civic rights of the protesters to protest peacefully. Very very good. So what happened, where did the commotion come from? The peaceful protesters suddenly were getting attacked and killed by thugs and criminals, obviously hired by government to intimidate the protesters to stop protesting. Very very STUPID move. You have a spontaneous protests, across the country, with no clear leadership, that should tell you the equation is very volatile, any wrong move and things could descend into widespread anarchy and chaos.

Still despite the provocations, the peaceful protesters continue protesting peacefully until the shadow attacks from hired criminals became unbearable and they started to defend themselves. Anarchy loading, but at this stage it has not gone totally out of control yet. The government still had the opportunity to calm things down. But NO, Buhari regime had to escalate the tensions, had to spoil everything. How? Armed soldiers went to shoot unarmed peaceful protesters at Lekki yesterday night and that was when everything scattered. Why would they shoot to kill unarmed peaceful protesters that the president himself said had the rights to protest peacefully? If it was completely necessary for them to disperse the crowd, why didn't they use tear gas? Why didn't they use tasers? Why didn't they use water cannons or use batons or even pepper spray to disperse the crowd? There were so many options they had to resolve that situation without murder, without killings BUT they chose to KILL. Why? These youths are citizens for God's sake. Some of them even voted for this same Buhari to get power. Some of them even protested peacefully for Buhari's sake during GEJ govt, and yet this is how Buhari regime pays them back, with live bullets fired at them? No, it is totally wrong, condemnable, unacceptable and unjustifiable.

None of the chaos we are witnessing today across the country will have happened if the government had been more sincere and sensitive. I mean for God's sake even during military era, as brutal as they were, it never got to this point, they still had some limits they won't cross.

This is the reason why I blame Buhari regime for this, if they had shown sense, maturity and sensitivity, the whole crisis of the peaceful protests could have been managed well and turned around in their favor. For example, if I were the President and this protests crisis broke out and the youths made their demands for change, very reasonable demands. I will have addressed them, given them assurances, beyond words, I will have taken some quick actions to show my sincerity and solidarity to their cause. I will not only have ordered the IGP to disband the police units accused of gross human rights abuses and violations, I would have asked that the officers already proven to be offenders face orderly trial immediately, while further investigation continues for other offenders. If the protesters still insisted on continuing their peaceful protests, I will have allowed them to continue.

Then when the protesters claim and provide proof that they are being attacked by criminals as they are peacefully protesting, I would have deployed riot squad and other security teams to the protesting zones and areas to provide security for the peaceful protesters. All these actions will make them see and know that truly the govt is on their side and is sincere about making change, about addressing their concerns, that the govt is sensitive to their cries.

By the time they protest peacefully and roam about for maybe 2 or 3 weeks or even 1 month, their anger would be lesser and they will become more predisposed to come to the dialogue table with govt and discuss a holistic way forward together and brainstorm about the ideas that will work to make society a safer place for the youths and citizens. During those weeks they are allowed to peacefully protest with security protecting them and guaranteeing their safety, the worst that could happen is the inconveniences of traffic blockage, or obstruction by the large number of protesters on the road and streets. Alternative temporary detours can be used, and they can still appeal to them during their march to give way whenever traffic stands still. It is better people suffer traffic and hold up for peace to reign than for society to descend into mass anarchy, chaos and killings. People already experience heavy traffic from time to time, it is not a strange phenomena in our society. How many times have they shutdown major highways and roads for months in Lagos, as unbearable as the traffic was, sometimes hours and hours in heavy traffic, people still managed and all was well eventually.

That's how the situation would have been well managed, no bloodshed, no torture, no murders. At the end of the day, I will have succeeded in winning over the protesters and youths and they will respect and believe in their govt more. Problem solved!

But NO, NO, NO, they just had to choose the way of brutality and killing. It is either this Buhari regime is just too DAFT or they enjoy killing citizens.
Why not use teargas or water to disperse the crowd instead they choose to shot at us while the light was down. I wonder where we got it wrong in terms of leadership in this country
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by SweetCunt97(f): 1:52am On Oct 22, 2020
Abegi! Who are the Army to open fire on its citizens? Tax payers who pay their salaries and all? Bloody illiterates who don't know the Rules of Engagement.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by amaridigital(m): 1:57am On Oct 22, 2020
OPERATION DEFEND ODUDUWA!
Fellow brothers and sisters of Oduduwa nation, our land has been under attack for few days now by our enemies and unfriendly friends under the disguise of EndSars protests. No where is this more obvious than in some parts of Lagos State where several federal, state and private establishments have been destroyed by hired thugs. This evil act is been applauded by some evil people who are yet to do same in their regions except setting ablaze few police stations owned by the federal government.
This is obviously a calculated attempt to destroy major infrastructures in Oduduwa land and to divide our ranks using party politics or religion. When all is said and done, it is our people that will suffer unemployment and more hardship if we condone this evil act. I support a peaceful protest but what we have now is a calculated effort to destroy our land and properties. Is Lagos the seat of power in Nigeria? Is the Federal police headquarters located in Lagos? Why deploy arm solders to Lagos to attack harmless protesters while soldiers were not deployed to Edo State where a Federal Prison was broken and almost 2000 prisoners set free?
I do not support corruption in any form it may appear but we all know there are corrupt politicians across this nation.
Why are the others shielding their own politicians while we destroy ours? Do we know the identity of the hoodlums who destroyed the three banks, Lagos TV station, Nigerian Port Authority and other infrastructures in Lagos?
This is not the time to fold our harms and watch while our enemies plan against us and destroy Oduduwa land. You are first a Yoruba son and daughter before you embraced either Islam or Christianity. Becoming a PDP or APC member is a choice you made and that choice can change any time but none of us choose to be born a Yoruba person.
This is an appeal to all Yoruba traditional leaders, leaders of thought, religious leaders, Academicians, Political leaders, Afenifere, Iba Gani Adams, OPC, Amotekun to rise up to the occasion and safeguard our land. This is a coded message and hidden agenda from some evil people who meant nothing good for the Yoruba nation and we must put aside our differences and see through their evil plot. We must thoroughly investigate these actions like the intellectuals we are and respond accordingly.
WE WILL TAKE OUR POUND OF FLESH and send a strong message to those jealous beasts wherever they are.
ODUDUWA A GBE WA O! ASE.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Lush100(m): 1:59am On Oct 22, 2020
Let me just caution.
Youth think
Think and think again.
You all have been played into fighting the wrong person.
Yes Tinubu is a politician but the problem right now is govt.
There is an agenda to take Nigeria over using the north. Buhari might even be out of "sight"
Go and look at all the the appointment in all the ministries and parastatals.
All are notherners about 98% are northerners.
All the properties burnt are supposedly owned by Tinubu and u are here shouting against Tinubu. Will Tinubu burn his own properties?
How come all media publication, houses , hotels, tollgate supposedly owned by Tinubu were torched but dangote refinery was left.
How come Tinubu is in the same ruling party but also in the opposition.
See Tinubu is the only check and balance against the powers of govt against the Southwest whether pdp or apc or whatever. I don't like him but
You need money to fight battles and if Tinubu is gone they will run Southwest over like they have run other eastern states of which Wike is the only opposition trying to curb it.
Youth think.
Fight against the northinization agenda and for a new Nigeria and when we are through we would visit Tinubu and other politician matter.

My 2kobo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by XklusivGistBlog(m): 2:01am On Oct 22, 2020
With all due respect sir, FeM!
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by tylesh(f): 2:03am On Oct 22, 2020
Came out to talk to people in the midnight...what a shame!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? / Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.