Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? (2777 Views)

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. / At What Age Should A Child Be Allowed To Have A Mobile Phone With Internet? / Nigerian Internet Service Providers (isps) And The Unlimited Data Sham. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by peterobosa: 7:55am On Oct 22, 2020
Does anyone know what is happening with Internet service providers in Nigeria? MTN has been shitty. I hear its the same the with Spectranet and some other networks.

MTN's own has been for months now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by newharddrives(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2020
If your phone supports Glo 4G,then.....

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by edoairways: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2020
Probably your location

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by emmancipated(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2020
I have recharged my 9mobile SIM trice now, but yet to get value for any of them.
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Classickj(m): 11:01am On Oct 22, 2020
Both my mtn and airtel are bad since two days ago

8 Likes

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
And here I was thinking I'm the one experiencing this shitty MTN network.
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by joshjc(m): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2020
There's no Glo network at all

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by obyrich(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2020
Classickj:
This protests is affecting network operations. Telecom base stations are shutting down by the minutes across all service providers. No road for trucks to access them for fuelling and servicing generators that provide power. It will get worse with each passing day.

We should give peace a chance. Let's rebuild hoping the leaders will learn to accord respect to the citizens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by tayo60(f): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
I loaded #400 Glo airtime since morning, up till now it has not been delivered.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Wisedove(m): 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
I thought it was only me. I am having almost 21GB on glo even to load Nairaland Frontpage is a problem. I decided to do 10GB on MTN, though it is more better than glo but it can take several seconds even minutes to load whatsapp status. And this was not the case before I noticed it all started when rain started falling months ago.
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Vulcanheph(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
peterobosa:
Does anyone know what is happening with Internet service providers in Nigeria? MTN has been shitty. I hear its the same the with Spectranet and some other networks.

You are not alone.... Network has been terrible for the past one week.
MTN that is known for it's stability is faulty and slow,

9mobile disappears for mist hours of the day that you can not even check account balance.

I SMELL A RAT.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by nairaman66(m): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
MTN has joined GLO finally in their snail contest!

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by moshoodn(m): 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Slowly, a giant African Nation is shutting down..
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Flytime: 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
MTN is good here, in fact they are all good here but with random loss of service for few second though

The rate at which MTN as been sucking my data is crazy since they know i'm indoors and have no choice than to keep on recharging
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Corroro: 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2020
i think it has a lot to do with location, mtn is very poor where i am right now, but airtel has been working perfectly fine on my TECNO phone
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by cupidhero(m): 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
peterobosa:

Airtel is worse. Since the protests started it has been very slow.
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Matex(m): 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
My Infinix hot4pro supported Glo 4g
newharddrives:
If your phone supports Glo 4G,then.....
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by newharddrives(m): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
Matex:
My Infinix hot4pro supported Glo 4g
Then change to Glo
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by sagieramos(m): 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
Airtel has always been the best in my area follow by MTN. But now, Airtel have been very slow these days, and MTN has grown from bad to worse. I can't even run COD without reconnecting in an ordinary MP match
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by eleojo23: 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
tayo60:
I loaded #400 Glo airtime since morning, up till now it has not been delivered.

Hello Tayo, this is the customer care center speaking, sorry for the inconvenience.
The airtime you ordered was dispatched from our GLO office in Lagos and there is no free movement there at the moment due to the curfew. It will be delivered as soon as the curfew is lifted. We are very sorry tongue grin

cc: Lalasticlala
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by edoairways: 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2020
Classickj:
Your location only
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by AgentGoat: 2:52am On Oct 23, 2020
ChemicalReaction:
And here I was thinking I'm the one experiencing this shitty MTN network.

Same here.
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 23, 2020
newharddrives:
Then change to Glo
I can't even recharge Glo card because of the terrible network
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by olaolaking: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2020
I am frustrated both mtn and glo
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Kyase(m): 8:32am On Oct 23, 2020
peterobosa:

MTN has been shitty for almost two weeks now.
Same with Airtel and glo.
But thank God for etisalat.
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by tayo60(f): 12:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
eleojo23:

Hello Tayo, this is the customer care center speaking, sorry for the inconvenience.
The airtime you ordered was dispatched from our GLO office in Lagos and there is no free movement there at the moment due to the curfew. It will be delivered as soon as the curfew is lifted. We are very sorry tongue grin

cc: Lalasticlala
Thanks
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by iamoyindamola(m): 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
Wisedove:
I thought it was only me. I am having almost 21GB on glo even to load Nairaland Frontpage is a problem. I decided to do 10GB on MTN, though it is more better than glo but it can take several seconds even minutes to load whatsapp status. And this was not the case before I noticed it all started when rain started falling months ago.
Bro share na I can pay
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Wisedove(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Bro share na I can pay
I don't get you
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by iamoyindamola(m): 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
Wisedove:

I don't get you
The Glo data
Re: What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? by Wisedove(m): 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
iamoyindamola:

The Glo data
Drop your number

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven Best New Android Apps / Tecno Vs Infinix: Come Let's Settle This Now. Who Is The Better Boss? / DAILY TECH NEWS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.