Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,275 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:39 AM

At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? (2932 Views)

As Governor, The Achievements Of Peter Obi / Tijjani Umar Lauds The Achievements Of The Federal Fire Service / Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Justice35: 9:13am On Oct 22, 2020
yemobrown:
The following are what they have achieved.

Bringing the brutality of Nigerian police to the view of the universe.

Bringing the poor governance (past and present) to reckoning.

They (youth) have succeeded in ensuring that 2023 elections is youth and youth alone.

The protest have ensured government looks into the welfare of Nigerians.

Education will now be taken serious as against the lip services previously being paid to it.

Reform's in all sector of Nigerian life would take the front burner going forward.

Personal Advice to we the youth;

Prepare yourself (equip yourself by attending leadership training and management courses) because the time has come to bring the desired change we all craved for.

":Aren't you tired"?

#SoroSoke..
lolzzzz which 2023 election is for the youths?? If we can't even force the president to address us,why do you think we achieved any thing? ASUU are still on strike despite the protest... We LOST!
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by helinues: 9:13am On Oct 22, 2020
baralatie:

destruction and monetary indebtedness to repair the losses

Na now we go know who Patriots and Parrots are
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by edoairways: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2020
Justice35 it will not be busy as usual. This time around,most politicians will be mindful of what they do,think or say
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by baralatie(m): 9:14am On Oct 22, 2020
let us not forget the traumatized people as a result of burned down businesses.
like as if this is Syria or South Sudan
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Oladeji245(m): 9:15am On Oct 22, 2020
flokii:

The aridin here is you, we know how you outsiders create monikers with Yoruba names to push your agenda and let me tell you now that you all have failed.

You have successfully burnt down TVC, LTV, The Nation, NPA, GTBank, BRT buses and many others paying tax to Lagos government. What next??

You think destroying Lagos that is not Federal Capital will do you any good or help you actualize your biafra? You are not smart in any way.
if u have spoken like this and raise your voice against numerance misgovernance in Sw,especially by apc governors,I would have taken u serious

was your voice loud like this when pensioners were beaten for protesting in osun state and civil servants were denied salaries or paid half salary?
but when it come to tinubu matter,asunus like u will not let us hear word
inu yin buu eri orun saa

1 Like

Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by evanstinobbc: 9:16am On Oct 22, 2020
believe me when i say the protest is not totally a failure as you assume, this protest have creatd awareness, given the politician fear because they have had it so easy for a very long time now, you might not have seen the result but there is positivities in the protest, say no to opression
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Abasman008(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2020
I don't know..

But am happy the politicians are scared..of us now...
You gotta watch your back now if you are a politician... imagine buhari coming out to call us "Lazy youths" now? He can't...the fool is scared of facing us...

I only pity the VP...the rest should burn..
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Justice35: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2020
edoairways:
Justice35 it will not be busy as usual. This time around,most politicians will be mindful of what they do,think or say
seems you are new in Nigeria....... Our politicians are beasts!! They don't have conscience.... They will even loot more now.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Justice35: 9:18am On Oct 22, 2020
okochaik:
Fulani man we are coming for you too
call me what ever you want,it won't change my identity.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by luvmijeje(f): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2020
Mayhems and destruction.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by femimailbox(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2020
URGENT CORRECTION: Brig. Gen. FRANCIS OMATA: THE HERO, NOT THE VILLAIN!

Brig. Gen. FRANCIS OMATA, Lagos Garrison, was at home when people started calling him that soldiers were at the Toll gate shooting.
He rushed to the scene and arrived about 39 mins after. Shouting loudly, identifying himself to avoid “friendly fire”, he immediately moved to pull back the soldiers, who were from 65 Battalion Bonny camp, led by their commanding officer, one Lt Col S. O. Bello.
Lt Col Bello & his men are still writing reports as authorities want to know who authorised this military action.
Pls IMMEDIATELY spread this. GEN. OMATA IS A HERO, NOT A KILLER! He deserves a medal, not condemnation! Don’t let an innocent man suffer for doing good! Already, even photos of his family are in circulation!
His only mistake was screaming his name to alert the soldiers of his presence. People at the scene picked that up and ran with it.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by yemobrown(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2020
Justice35:
lolzzzz which 2023 election is for the youths?? If we can't even force the president to address us,why do you think we achieved any thing? ASUU are still on strike despite the protest... We LOST!
A proverb Say's " When the head of a home is not around, the home becomes empty ".

Ponder over the above proverb, your answer lies in it.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Justice35: 9:20am On Oct 22, 2020
Oladeji245:

its only in ur deluded mind u think we lost.
let's stop being emotional bro,thou I feel bad about every thing but the truth is that we LOS T this battle... And we should brace up for the worse.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by flokii: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2020
Oladeji245:

if u have spoken like this and raise your voice against numerance misgovernance in Sw,especially by apc governors,I would have taken u serious

was your voice loud like this when pensioners were beaten for protesting in osun state and civil servants were denied salaries or paid half salary?
but when it come to tinubu matter,asunus like u will not let us hear word
inu yin buu eri orun saa

I have been a critic of Tinubu and other SW leaders from onset but I am smart enough to identify external attack and political crusade.

Peter Obi was governor in Anambra during the Nwafor saga but Anambra people and Igbos till today don't discuss him or castigate him like they do to Tinubu who is not the governor or an elected political office holder yet they claim he gave order to Army to shoot protesters and people like you believed, running here and there to kill Tinubu.

You see that you're not in any way smart?
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Justice35: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2020
yemobrown:

A proverb Say's " When the head of a home is not around, the home becomes empty ".

Ponder over the above proverb, your answer lies in it.
bro thou we tried but I don't see the youths coming together again in the future to fight for a course.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Oladeji245(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Justice35:
let's stop being emotional bro,thou I feel bad about every thing but the truth is that we LOS T this battle... And we should brace up for the worse.
we didn't lost bruh..
changes are never going to be radical or immediate.
but d main impact of the protests is that it may a rallying point and percusor of something bigger in d future..
would you have predicted these type of protest 2 yrs ago?

1 Like

Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by edoairways: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2020
Justice35:
seems you are new in Nigeria....... Our politicians are beasts!! They don't have conscience.... They will even loot more now.
It wouldn't be the same just watch how things unfold
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Justice35: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2020
Oladeji245:

we didn't lost bruh..
changes are never going to be radical or immediate.
but d main impact of the protests is that it may a rallying point and percusor of something bigger in d future..
would you have predicted these type of protest 2 yrs ago?
okk let's just hope some thing good are going to happen in the nearest future.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by flokii: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2020
baralatie:

that dj switch has bought market

That one will be the scape goat to end fake news in the country and the numerous others captured on record.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Justice35: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2020
edoairways:

It wouldn't be the same just watch how things unfold
OK ooooo!!! Let's believe!!
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by baralatie(m): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2020
Justice35:
bro thou we tried but I don't see the youths coming together again in the future to fight for a course.
you guys don't want to learn .people are working not to have a repeat of 1966 in Nigeria.
you are still been sympathetic to this idiotic madness!
no problem! when hails and lightning strike falls you guys will explain how umbrella will protect you in an open grassland!

all the big men and big men children who were forming protesters have entered plane and left.

1 Like

Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Oladeji245(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2020
flokii:

I have been a critic of Tinubu and other SW leaders from onset but I am smart enough to identify external attack and political crusade.

Peter Obi was governor in Anambra during the Nwafor saga but Anambra people and Igbos till today don't discuss him or castigate him like they do to Tinubu who is not the governor or an elected political office holder yet they claim he gave order to Army to shoot protesters and people like you believed that, running here and there to kill Tinubu.

tinubu handiwork is killing him...there's palpable anger,pain and sorrow in Sw as we speak stemming from tinubu playing a role in buhari emergence.. and the fact that half of the governors in Sw presently or in the past were imposed by him,however despite all their deluded omoluabi talk, they have been a failure to the people...
and Sw is equally divide BTW d conservative and the leftists who are sick and tired of tinubu's influence...
does peter obi has d same level of influence as tinubu ,or is tinubu d only politician in Sw?
baba obj gave interview,why didn't thugs go attack him and burn his investment down..the much maligned bode George sef dey there..thugs no near him.
the burning of properties and all is condemnable but not compared to the daily frustrations people go through in SW.
price of one Kongo of rice is 1200, garri is 350 and u think people will not attack a man perceived to be corrupt and behind the elected officials who has brought nothing but suffering.
tinubu fight is his alone,don't use yorubas to fight a useless proxy war,tinubu war is not Yoruba war pls

1 Like

Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Biodun556(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2020
flokii:

Peter Obi was governor in Anambra during the Nwafor saga but Anambra people and Igbos till today don't discuss him or castigate him like they do to Tinubu who is not the governor or an elected political office holder yet they claim he gave order to Army to shoot protesters and people like you believed, running here and there to kill Tinubu.

Being emotional about Tinubu part of what derail the protest. We shouldn't have focus all attention on him.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Betty101: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2020
Justice35:
So finally #endsars protest have come and gone, what did the youths achieve?? I saw some thread where a section of the country are blaming others for the violence in their state.....is that what we achieved?? Now that the protest have been subdued and stopped what is the next step?
you are wrong ..
- It gave the politician the opportunity to see another side of the Nigerian youth .They thought it will be impossible to be united and speak with one voice due to our political /ethnic & religious divides. .
-It gave them a hint that the youth can come together & revolt against bad leadership --It showed them that these young Nigerians they call Lazy youth can hold &organized a peaceful protest, that is well cordinated and orgainise like never before ..
-It made them to refocus their attention toward the rot & lawlessness in the police force . Remember this is just a new kind of protest they have never seen people among Nigerian youth . That is the mark we left behind .
-We left an impression in their mind that the youth can come after them if Nigeria remains thesame or should get worse .
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Betty101: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2020
Justice35:
We didn't ..It too early to start counting your eggs.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by CilicMarin: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Death of young people mostly in the South West

Destruction of private and public properties

Disturbance in business activities in the southwest

But you were supporting them yesterday..
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by History555: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2020
flokii:
At least the Tinubu haters achieved something, destroyed his investments and made attempts on his life. Same thing they did in Oba Akiolu's palace under guise of ENDSARS.

If at the end of the day, it is discovered that the Lekki killings are just lies to perpetrate this crime on South West, then I'm afraid the numerous Igbo broadcasters and that DJ Switch have a lot of questions to answer and risk very long jail term.

You'll never see an Hausa join force with other ethinicities to attack their politicians like El Rufai, Ganduje etc. but Yorubas are just too open to attacks from anywhere. I witnessed the protest in Abuja when the Hausas faced the Igbos and the whole thing died down like that but Yorubas were the ones leading them to places they will destroy. Who do us this thing for God sake?

According to you yorubas are brainless morons, simpletons, idiotic zombies to lead lgbos to properties owned by yoruba and watch them burn it. Are you sure you are a yoruba man
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by homosapien(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2020
baralatie:

you guys don't want to learn .people are working not to have a repeat of 1966 in Nigeria.
you are still been sympathetic to this idiotic madness!
no problem! when hails and lightning strike falls you guys will explain how umbrella will protect you in an open grassland!

all the big men and big men children who were forming protesters have entered plane and left.

That has been my cry especially when our so called celebrity were jeering them on, all privileged people will leave by time Nigeria decend into total anarchy.

Imagine Burma boy saying his in London to petition the government. Anyway when there is nothing to loot again, they will decend on the poor Masse's cheering them on, by that time it will be too late and it's going to be all man for himself.
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Justice35: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2020
flokii:

what exactly are you saying?Igbo's castigates their political leaders more than any other tribe, check your fact,do you no how many times Igbo's had stoned peter obi,go to any thread about orji kalu and see how Igbo's are insulting the hell out of him,the beating of ike ekweremmadu is no longer a news...you guys are hypocrite... When we call out our political leaders for being bunch of failures same you will say that we don't have respect for elders.....please face your tribe and leave the Igbo's alone!
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by Betty101: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2020
Justice35:
we will with another strategy ..We have learnt from the pitfall from the last protest. The next protest will be done in such a way that hired tugs will find it difficult to penetrate us..
Re: At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? by baralatie(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2020
Betty101:
We didn't ..It too early to start counting your eggs.
this account was opened today o!

people who sat in their house and eat,slept and had sex!

continue!

the destruction and mayhem madness is not enough for you!

what is the need sef.even Davido don ja !!

so people wey dey here .na we go face am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu Is Considering Pulling Out Of Presidential Race For Osinbajo / Reason For Sudden Attacks On Peter Obi - PMB / Less Than 24hrs After Attacking Obi , Dave Umahi Lost Senatorial Risk 2yrs Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.