Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet (38370 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: I Never Sent Thugs To Attack #EndSARS Protesters / Sanwo-Olu: I Once Worked As A Plumber 30 Years Ago / Phil Hazlewood: Trump Wouldn't Have Called Buhari 'Lifeless' If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Allwell523: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2020
Lekki Gunfire - I have not spoken to president Buhari yet - Gov. Sanwo - Olu

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g_JgPSdZ6k

Lekki attack: I called Buhari twice, he wasn’t available – Sanwo-Olu says

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Thursday said he called President Muhammadu Buhari, to inform him of the killings of #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate, by the Nigerian Army on Tuesday, but was told he was not available.

“I made calls to the President twice yesterday but was told he wasn’t in the office. The second time he was said to be at the FEC meeting; I haven’t spoke to him directly but I have reached the Chief of Staff to the President”, he said in an interview with Arise TV.

When asked to explain why CCTV at Lekki Toll Gate was removed before the dastardly act, he said:

“The cameras removed were not security cameras, it is a laser camera for cars; it picks tags for cars and plate numbers; it is not a security camera; it is an infrared camera; security cameras are still available and that is what we are using for our own investigation.

“They did the removal because of curfew. As regards the light LCC put off the light because of the curfew order issued by Lagos State Government. I have never spoken to the owner of the company ( Tinubu’s son), I am very certain their decision was purely a corporate decision.

“I will not stop to continue to apologize to Lagosians. Is it possible to make CCTV footage public; Sanwo-Olu agreed to make the phone call public.”

Recall that Nigerians have expressed deep emotions over the shooting and perhaps killing of innocent #ENDSARS protesters by soldiers at Lekki.

Many International bodies have also lent their voices over what is happening in the country.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/lekki-attack-i-called-buhari-twice-he-wasnt-available-sanwo-olu-says/

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Baawaa(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2020
Why ,Lagos State and Federal government knows what they doing, they are playing dirty games with our lives

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Karemarealty288(m): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2020
Power dey sweet like sugar. But dey burn like fire

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by festacman(m): 10:32am On Oct 22, 2020
Conscience is an open wound, until truth can heal it.

I am beginning to believe that the use of soldiers instead of riot policemen to disperse protesters who were disobeying lawful curfew at Lekki Tollgate may be wrong but the impression that masaccre and genocide happened was a big lie. There is no way trained soldiers would have shot directly at scampering protesters without the Lekki Tollgate being littered with corpses. Yes, the soldiers used maximum force but they obviously shot to scare and disperse and not to masaccre as emotional social media hype conveyed.

Truth will set you free and it doesn't matter if you are rightly an angry youth. I haven't seen any evidence that somebody died at the Tollgate the night of 20.10.20 to warrant the hype of massacre or genocide.

20.10.20 was neither a massacre nor a genocide but an unnecessary use of military rather than riot police to disperse resolute protesters.

94 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Rodwave: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2020
They should return security to state government. No state should rely on Abuja approval to secure his state.

This Nigerian current system is counter productive

181 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Ibadansun1: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2020
Rodwave:
Jesus! Is this man alright?
Will he lie on himself?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Rodwave: 10:39am On Oct 22, 2020
Ibadansun1:
Will he lie on himself?

No, he will not, and should not anyway.

I have watched the news. Now I understand better.

I have edited my comment accordingly.

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Doctorflaky(f): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2020
I was shocked watching him say that on Arise TV myself and this kept me wondering if the President is still living. If not, how will a state Government not have access to the President? Who should have contacted the Governor first? He said the Minister of defence called on behalf of the President, Why?

The Presidency are hiding something.

223 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by BUSINESSMAN2: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2020
mmmm
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by merieam16(f): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2020
Rodwave:

No, he will not, and should not anyway.
I have watched the news. Now I understand better.
I have edited my comment accordingly.
wat do u understand am intrested

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Fahdiga(m): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2020
Ambode has been vindicated. you are truly a Mad Man disguising as a sane person. the best you can do now is to quickly resign and surrender yourself to yaba left doctors

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Rodwave: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2020
merieam16:
wat do u understand am intrested

That bamboohari refused to pick call and has not called back personally. If sanwo is lying let bamboohari come out and say so. Simple.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by globalresource: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2020
8x216:
[s][/s]

Don't mind those paid agents from the northern Nigeria. They paid people from South to divide the southern nigeria.

Karma will catch up with them and their families

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by globalresource: 11:02am On Oct 22, 2020
Doctorflaky:
I was shocked watching him say that on Arise TV myself and this kept me wondering if the President is still living. If not, how will a state Government not have access to the President? Who should have contacted the Governor first? He said the Minister of defence called on behalf of the President, Why?

I wonder too oooo. Is he dead

15 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by realstars: 11:03am On Oct 22, 2020
He never care to call back or to ask or to answer calls of Nigerians Citizen.

11 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by merieam16(f): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2020
Rodwave:

That bamboohari refused to pick call and has not called back personally. If sanwo is lying let bamboohari come out and say so. Simple.
This one is strong o, buh all i kno is Nigeria youth should nt loose focus. The government are the same thing nd we should stop siding anyone

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by SalamRushdie: 11:05am On Oct 22, 2020
Has the president even spoken to his own self yet

20 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by ePoster: 11:07am On Oct 22, 2020
Doctorflaky:

Plan B. The country might just burn.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Rodwave: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2020
merieam16:
This one is strong o, buh all i kno is Nigeria youth should nt loose focus. The government are the same thing nd we should stop siding anyone

We knew that already. But we want to make sure we are taking our anger to the right incompetent political hooligans.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by slimanyd: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2020
Allwell523:
Lekki Gunfire - I have not spoken to president Buhari yet - Gov. Sanwo - Olu

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g_JgPSdZ6k

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Audio president. Nah El Sudan dey Abuja. The cabal's dey protect him.
Ask yourself this question. Since OBJ Got elected since 1999 as a president ,Have there ever been the acronym called presidency . Nah during bubu the fura I heard Presidency has spoken . Abegi o. Is presidency not different from president ni ? Now imagine a governor powerless in his state.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by oladipupo38880: 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
Power dey sweet like sugar. But dey burn like fire

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Mekudi: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
Something they planned together
Puppy grin...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Passionate888: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
Buhari is keeping malice with Nigerians, he has refused to speak to us. Sai baba

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by email07: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Speaks French To President Of DR Congo (Video) / The Bullion Vans Missed Their Way & Went To Tinubu House - Ayodele Adewale / $550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.