Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak (60211 Views)

What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals / Two Anambra Vigilantes Nabbed Over Attempted Rape Of A 12-Year-Old Girl / Jailbreak: Ikoyi Prison On Fire (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Policemen and soldiers have arrived at the Ikoyi Correctional Centre in a bid to foil an attempted jailbreak.

A video sent to our correspondent by an eyewitness shows smoke billowing from parts of the centre while inmates are seen running.

It was learnt that the prison authorities had immediately notified the police and the military authorities for backup.

The eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said, “I can see them from my balcony at the moment. Soldiers and policemen have arrived. I saw prisoners throwing stones and I saw fire.

“A lot of the prison officials have gathered at the entrance of the prison while some of the inmates have retreated.”

Our correspondent also heard gunshots emanating from the prisons.

https://punchng.com/breaking-police-army-arrive-at-ikoyi-prison-over-attempted-jail-break/?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by ecolime(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2020
Better

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
I can authoritative say that this have become a national disaster, everyone such be ready for the unexpected.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2020
Everything comes full circle

If you think because you are at the top you can oppress your juniors

If you think because you and the boss are of the same tribe or he likes you tribe you can oppress your juniors

You ridicule them , you accuse them unjustly you , penalize them unjustly one day you will have pushed these juniors to the wall and they won't fear your whip anymore

They will embrace the false names and tittles you have them and descend on you with that fury

Nigerian government still doesn't realize what hit them the north is still unsure how to act , this was so unexpected.. they assumed the fear they have instilled was enough to ensure victory

They assumed that they can rely on the sowing seeds of division in the south continuously.

They never realized that one day these juniors would rise unitedly and say no

Enough is enough

163 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
On a serious note we are only harming ourselves,ds criminals will be harzard to the society,
But I blame Buhari for all this, if he had address us,things wouldn't have gone ds bad, but every drop of blood will speak on buhari......

7 Likes

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by lexxxino(m): 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hoodlums trying to increase numerical strength........ Naija i hail thee

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by lexxxino(m): 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hoodlums trying to increase numerical strength........ Naija i hail thee

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
This prison house the hardened of the hardened criminals all over Nigeria.
I prayed none of the hardened will escape,
if so, the people that set out to release them in the first place will be the first set of souls that the criminals will rape and rob all their family members. No cap!

Gbemini:
Those of you that re happy for what is happening right now I know you will.regret this and your generation to come ,shame on us for been happy that our beautiful country is gone ....we will suffer it like 20 years to come ..enjoy it
This is nothing but the absolute truth. Peaceful protesters are indoor now, only evil minded people are sponsoring some hoodlums with all these. No cap!

Still on this crises going on in Nigeria...

I read this somewhere just now.
Even if it was just one (1) youth that was killed
It is a very BIG issue for some of us with brains and souls,
If it was 7 youths as it was reported by the genuine protesters at Lekki, it is still so sad,
and if it was 78 youths as it was circulated all over social media,
We deserve to know the whole truth as a nation.
So we can know how to table our matter to the international community.
We want to know what is true and what are lies.
We don't need some people fueling fake news on this heated country now.
We are not fighting against Nigeria,
We are fighting for Nigeria.
#IStandWithTheTruth
Some Nigerians are waiting for what is the truth.
#IStandWithAPeacefulProtest.
#AGoodCountryIsAllNigerianYouthsWant
We are not fighting against Nigeria,
We are fighting for Nigeria.

QUOTE :

madridguy:
Part of the games played yesterday.

There is no clear video of shooting at the crowd (the only video I saw of soldiers apparently shooting was a doctored one. On closer look, you will see that the soldiers in the video were not even shooting. and it appears that the shooting sounds were dubbed in, and the muzzle flashes were game show flashes and TOO FAR away to have been from those soldiers we were looking at . LOOK DISAPPASSIONATEY before you crucify me please. Even the crowd in front of those soldiers were NOT even running AWAY. They look like they were just standing and talking to the soldiers even as we hearing loud gunshots and seeing muzzle flashes that appeared in the clouds like a BAD Nollywood film. LOOK!

There was a video of someone whose brains were spilled on the floor, but everyone knows bullets do not scoop up the brain and deposit it almost intact 10 feet away. THAT CANNOT BE A BULLET SHOT UNLESS HE WAS SHOT WITH A CANNON. Even the conversation by those around the body suggests it was some kind of accident that just happened and not soldier shooting. Watch it again and pay attention.

There were videos with lots of shooting, but I don’t see any falling bodies. How realistic is that if indeed the soldiers were shooting INTO the crowd?

-We have started seeing videos of people that all of us were made to believe were shot and killed in the Lekki incident coming out and saying they were not even there (Eniola Badmus is one of such. The poor girl as overwhelmed with people already taking wreaths and candles to her house in mourning . Yet, she said she never even went out that day. What?)

I also watched the Adeola show on Sahara Reporters she made a lot of allegations but no evidence. She even claimed people were using Chelsea drink and alcohol to remove bullets from dead people, but she laughably claimed she cannot show us the vide evidence becos according to her, YouTube will flag it? Really ? Can anyone really believe that Sahara reporters would be shy about showing pictures or videos of carnage by this govt? that’s another reason I knew them something else is going on here and we are being manipulated by someone or some people to go to war. It’s almost the kind of fake proof Bush gave of ‘discovering weapons of mass destruction in Iraq’ that they used as excuse to take USA to war and cost lives of 1,000s of American lives. WE MUST LOOK WELL BEFORE WE CONCLUDE THIS WAS INDEED A MASSACRE

Cut from Dr Ope Banwo
info@NaijaLivesMatter.com

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
I don't know how the solution to Endsars and police killings in lekki is attacking prisons and setting rapists, armed robbers, serial killers and kidnappers free into the society. Do we really think those criminals are a problem to police? They are a problem to the masses that is why they are locked up, yet the masses are so ignorant to think how these stupid action if theirs will affect our future.
It's sad that some Nigerians have proven they are one of the most sick people on Earth angry

32 Likes

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by howfarseun(m): 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
Idiots have arrived

3 Likes

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
Is ok
Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by oluwatosink: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
We all need to calm down first .
If we want the dissolution of Nigeria, we can get it in a peaceful way. Enough of the killings in Nigeria generally , We need to calm down and solve things.
South West is the most region, hit with the protests, violence and destruction. Even at the moment I can't listen to my favourites radio station. Consider the jobs lost already to the radio presenters and other good Nigerians that had lost his/her jobs just because of the violence and destructions.
I didn't buy the protests at first, because I had already known where it is going to, from end sars protests we are heading to revolution , innocent people losing their lives. Some folks were tagging Us army on Twitter to fight Nigerian Army. We don't calm down with the way we do things, two wrongs can't make a right . We need to calm down first and watch what happens , before we head back to protests. The protests are hindering the citizens, transportation fees keeps increasing, There is limitations to food and supplies transportation just because of all these , where are we heading to

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by QuietHammer(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Good
Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Adedotguy: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
angry
Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by PrimeConcept1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
This is getting out of hand. The goal is to face and end bad government, not an avenue to loot, steal and destroy people's properties.

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Mide3367: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Good.... But I still maintain that I doubt if anyone was killed at the toil gate. It is a pure propaganda. Where is the list of the dead people? Do u see video of the dead in morgue or pics? Anyone one moaning the dead? I smell lies. Even sanwo olu said it that no one died. What will he gain to cover it up?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by UncleHaba22: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
If them see bokoharam now na them go turn to the hoodlums wink

1 Like

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
You can oppress the masses for long and not expect them to turn back and the bad ones among them to pick the wars ,last last we go dey alright ,I pity any SARS officer for now

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Emmatech1996: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Wahala dey oh

Ikoyi prison is on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF7tAnET5Ao

1 Like

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Zico5(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
This is getting out of hand and the one calling himself president is yet to address the prevailing issues. I pray it's not too late for him because the way things are going Abuja may be the next point of call and that may be too much for him to handle unless if he wish to have more bloods in his hands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Suspect33(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
If there are a set of people that truly deserve to be ruled by Buhari, it's lagosians

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by openuniversity5: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by EndyEdesonNews(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Good
Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by bigdammyj: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Noted
Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Benesis: 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
We are celebrating the fact that hoodlums are raiding police stations and picking guns and ammunition.

Mbok let me ask, when yhe dust settles and there are no more policemen around and its just them(armed) and the unarmed citizen, shey they will come and be patrollinh and providing security?

Or they will feel that its Godsplan that they hammer this year?
We have read that "Oke Obi-Enadhuze" was killed because he questioned hoodlums, please when they come for us, lets not fight them, lets just give them all they want.
Stayin alive is better than anything..
Buhari has failed us, but we need not fail ourselves by cutting our nose to spite our face, or to raise down our houses so as to kill a crafty mouse. #wisdom is all that we need now.

16 Likes

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
Webmoney for sale 445/$
This whole thing reminds me of tupac track ' never be peace'

Now of course I want peace on the streets
but realisticly
painting perfect pictures ain't never work
my mysery was so deep
couldn't sleep through all my preasures
my quest for cash
I learned fast
you survive voilent measures
memorys of adalicent years
their was unity
but after puperty we roll over
to our community
so many bodies dropping
its got to stop
I want to help
but still I'm stepping
keeping my weapon
must protect myself
promise of a better tomorrow
ain't never reaching
plus my teachers were to petrfied in class to teach me
sipping thunderbird
and grape cool-aid
calling Earl since my stomach was empty
it suduced me to Bleep the world
watch my lil homiez
lose there child hood to guns
nobody cries no more
cause we all die for fun

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Faguy: 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
Na wah for wire road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by BafanaBafana: 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
This is how a jailbreak should be, gunshots, special police and army reinforcement.
Not the one we saw in Edo that was only one large hole and escapees granting interviews.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak by Beverlyjean(f): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
Too much hoodlums are in lagos...lagos can't b safe again for a while....but u don't think hoodlums were involved in this...besides, see what this government call prison...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blessing Benedicta Daniels Killed By Italian Man Over Poor Sex Performance / Ogun Teenager Arrested For Having Sex With A Goat / 7 Fulani Men Burnt In Gboko, Benue State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.