Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,764 members, 7,798,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform (32226 Views)

UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families / Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities / Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by anomalous11(m): 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
Adelani Adepegba , Abuja

The meeting between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities deadlocked again on Wednesday, following the disagreement over the payment platform that would be used in disbursing the salary arrears and the N 30 billion Earned Allowance of the university lecturers .

The FG team led by the Minister of Labour and Employment , Chris Ngige , had offered to pay the salary arrears and the N 30 billion Earned Allowances of the university lecturers through the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System platform pending the roll - out of ASUU ’ s preferred platform , the University Transparency and Accountability Solution .

But the ASUU delegation led by its National President , Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, reportedly insisted that the university lect would not enrol on the government salary platform .

The spokesman , Ministry of Labour and Employment , Mr Charles Akpan , explained that the meeting adjourned till Monday to enable the union leaders to get across to their members on the mode of payment.

The parley is expected to reconvene on Monday to decide on the platform for the disbursement of the funds pledged by the FG .

Among other things, the government had agreed to pay N 40 billion , being the pending Earned Academic Allowance of the university teachers overdue since November 2019.

Out of the amount , N 30 billion would be paid on or before November 6, while the remaining N 10 billion would be spread equally over two tranches to be paid in May 2021 and February 2022.

The two parties equally agreed to the planned release of N 30 billion for the revitalisation of the education sector.

The government offered to pay N 20 billion as funding for the revitalization of public universities, by January 2021, as well as, seek sources of alternative and additional funding for the university system, among other conclusions.

https://punchng.com/strike-again-fg-ASUU-disagree-on-payment-platform/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by PraiselyPraise: 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
Na the students dey suffer all these

55 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by TimmyA: 9:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
It will be highly shameful for ASUU to give a sheepish compromise to this unfaithful and insincere government

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by nakaman: 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2020
Nonsense this politicians go home with billions every year, now odinary 40 b them d delay

32 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by osamz007: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
THE MONEY DEY. BUT DEM DEY WHINE ASUU. GOD GO PUNISH THAT MINISTER

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by jetguy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
so, what time FG and ASUU have their meeting yesterday biko�
well, they should continue to disagree na their time or what else would i say, nothing pain me pass my house rent that i spent only two months there �

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by TheOtherRoom: 10:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
Well I just hope the job promised pull through for me. They should pay them and end the strike

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Danielomisco(m): 10:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
TheOtherRoom:
Well I just hope the job promised pull through for me. They should pay them and end the strike
me too oh,but u think employment fit pull through November?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Rilwayne001: 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2020
By next week, the strike should be called off

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by oscarsam(m): 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2020
Atleast, ASUU and Federal Government has now agreed on the said amount.
the only issue at hand is now the method of transferring the payment. Welcomed development I must say.

they can keep dribbling we the students.
though I expect ASUU to resume between 2nd - 9th of November.

5 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by FriendNG: 11:13pm On Oct 22, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Allah yasa

7 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by samuelpeters(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
oscarsam:
Atleast, ASUU and Federal Government has now agreed on the said amount.
the only issue at hand is now the method of transferring the payment. Welcomed development I must say.

they can keep dribbling we the students.
though I expect ASUU to resume between 2nd - 9th of November.
You think ASUU would agree to enrol in that IPPIS.
You need to see through what FG is trying to do.
If they all enrol in IPPIS so that FG will pay them their EAA,it will be game over for ASUU.

Its just a game. FG don't want to accept that UTAS.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Ebenezar2O21: 12:34am On Oct 23, 2020
Rilwayne001:
how sure are you?

8 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by mary42k2(f): 4:49am On Oct 23, 2020
Make I go learn handwork biko......dis is so frustrating

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Jackyz: 6:00am On Oct 23, 2020
Thunder strik FG and ASUU, usless people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by oscarsam(m): 6:57am On Oct 23, 2020
samuelpeters:

You think ASUU would agree to enrol in that IPPIS.
You need to see through what FG is trying to do.
If they all enrol in IPPIS so that FG will pay them their EAA,it will be game over for ASUU.

Its just a game. FG don't want to accept that UTAS.

Neither do I believe ASUU will Integrate into IPPIS, rather a much acceptable transaction system between ASUU and Federal Government will be made known come Monday.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2020
So you think say Buhari misyarn yesterday abi ?

That poor man is doing what he's supposed to do. And what they want him to do.

Senators go gree make u reduce their salaries?

Governors go gree make dem remove immunity clause?

Honorable go gree make dem scrap 2nd chamber?

Ministers go gree make dem reduce dem wages?

And now, Professors no wan gree drop wetin Dem dey mischop...

Abeg naija get Kleg. Check my posts on what I think we should do.

12 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by sammyj: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2020
shocked The same was desperate to end this strike before the suspension of the protest but later backtracked as soon as they infiltrate the protest. This only shows that our government is not ready and serious with this country's education sector !!! shocked

20 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Raydos: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2020
We have crooks as leader, Since the inception of nigeria, The Nigeria Government hasn't been able to achieve anything tangible in this country, All they do is embezzle money!!

Electricity, You can't provide
Good roads you can't provide
Good hospitals you can't provide
Security you can't provide

Even school you refuse to pay workers, Apart from looting money what else can you people do?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by olioxx(m): 8:24am On Oct 23, 2020
Why can't the FG agree to the UTAS as prescribed by ASUU?
Why must it be IPPIS?

The problem in this country is too much.
The FG is intentionally dragging this matter, knowing fully well that the matter is minimally affecting their children.

Once again, why can't the FG approve free education for all?
We are on long thing in this contraption.

17 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2020
I disown Nigeria..

I was in 400 level when davido gave birth to his boy, he flew the boy to London am still in 400 level, he celebrate his 1 year birthday am still in 400 level...

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Alexis11: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2020
Both of them can GO TO HELL.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by backbone503(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2020
ASUU is a bunch of selfish, lazy and unproductive people. That body and its members are the major problem of the tertiary education sector.

Covid came and none could develop anything.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by ATEAMS: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2020
Very soon it will be #endasuu
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by oluwasegun007(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2020
Before, they have suppressed the #endsars.

They are no longer pressured.

ASUU missed their window.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by pretydiva(f): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2020
What do you expect from the dullards we have as governments

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Officialhorlah(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2020
This FG % ASUU seff

Nothing surprises me anymore

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by yeyeboi(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2020
And the problems continue
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by gambia(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2020
Nigeria JAGA JAGA

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government Day Secondary School Kaya, Zamfara In Pictures / GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria / BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.