Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences (46396 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by NiklauseFred(m): 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
cue64:
Okay this is the picture of the wechat car

Wawu! If you bring kind thing for naija hmmm hmmm let me not say what is on my mind sha. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
Nice .... Following
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
Please talk on dating in China , Their woman and the likes ......... You get as a Naija guy ��

Still awaiting this answer thoughhhhhhhhh....

1 Like

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
NiklauseFred:

Wawu! If you bring kind thing for naija hmmm hmmm let me not say what is on mind sha. lipsrsealed
yeah same thing I thought about the first time I saw it, but here they have all your details and it’s easy to find you

6 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
MaxEli:

Please talk on dating in China , Their woman and the likes ......... You get as a Naija guy ��

Still awaiting this answer thoughhhhhhhhh....
one after the other, we go reach there

4 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by captainking(m): 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
cue64:
Okay an off topic update, yesterday morning, (it’s 5:14 here already) when my girlfriend called me and told me what some Nigerian guys did I quickly rushed down to the club even though that was the time i wanted to sleep, when I go there things were already calm but someone had called the police, so we had to leave. I told everyone to leave and o thought we all left only to wake up later and I got a call that there was another big fight outside the club, Nigerians fighting over some stupid reasons, and it was so big that it stopped traffic on the road and then people started recording videos and all then police came back, now the club has a problem.
Living here sometimes I just feel so ashamed to ever identify that I am a nigerian honestly, cos the behave of some of our brothers is really disgusting, but it is what it is...
Nigerians are an embarrassment worldwide with their behavior.. Some of them even take their cultist wahala to developed countries.. I agree.. Nigerians are one of the people to avoid when abroad..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 12:38am On Oct 30, 2020
captainking:

Nigerians are an embarrassment worldwide with their behavior.. Some of them even take their cultist wahala to developed countries.. I agree.. Nigerians are one of the people to avoid when abroad..
the cultism problem is everyday here, it’s even getting too much, yesterday morning I was sleeping when my girlfriend called me to come to their rescue, three Nigerian guys held one of her worker and said they want her to follow them, she said she doesn’t want to go and was crying my girlfriend held her and said she won’t go anywhere with you, they kept dragging her and following them anywhere they went, when the girl called her boyfriend, he came and they started fighting him saying all bunch of nonsense. I had to call the police before they finally left, they look for trouble in clubs and when the people react to them, they start screaming all bunch of nonsense, fighting and spoiling people’s business....Honestly sometimes here I deny being a Nigerian cos the shame is getting too much

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by olioxx(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2020
cue64:
the cultism problem is everyday here, it’s even getting too much, yesterday morning I was sleeping when my girlfriend called me to come to their rescue, three Nigerian guys held one of her worker and said they want her to follow them, she said she doesn’t want to go and was crying my girlfriend held her and said she won’t go anywhere with you, they kept dragging her and following them anywhere they went, when the girl called her boyfriend, he came and they started fighting him saying all bunch of nonsense. I had to call the police before they finally left, they look for trouble in clubs and when the people react to them, they start screaming all bunch of nonsense, fighting and spoiling people’s business....Honestly sometimes here I deny being a Nigerian cos the shame is getting too much

If you have to deny being a Nigerian for the sake of your mental healthy and to avoid the stigma, please do.

Once again, never ever allow any body dictate what you will post here, this is your thread, post what you feel is right to post about. Any body to the contrary should get the f*ck outta this thread.

OP please, I repeat, dont post on the following topic:
* Racism
* The behaviour of Nigerian in China
* Unduely comparing China to other nation
The above topics can derail this your thread.
#peace
cue64:
Good day famz sorry for the long wait..Just as I said I was going to start typing again, sadly I dropped my phone a few days back while riding a bike and the screen shattered, I nor get money to go buy original 11promax screen right now, so I’m currently typing from an iPhone6 and to be honest, I wonder how I was able to survive using this phone when it was invoke, well anyway that aside.
The things I really had the idea of talking about, would be really more interesting with pictures to buttress my points properly, but sadly the pictures are in my other phone, and I can’t post any picture with iPhone 6... but I’d do my best to give some updates and then when I can I’ll re edit and add pictures...
Apology accepted.
Since your main phone is not in good shape, then you can still update us on topics that might not require pictures, and just as you've said you can update us and post pictures later.
Sincerely I have missed this thread of your.

10 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Chiggsglover(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2020
chukxie:

Hahaha! Thanks for the mention, brotherly. I'm honoured. How's everything going with you? Stay safe, man.
Lol
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by chukxie(m): 11:22am On Oct 30, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Lol

Did I say anything funny? I no understand oo!

1 Like

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2020
cue64:
Transportation and technology in china...
Honestly I need pictures to proper illustrate this topic,
I walked around the city these few days and took some pictures will I’m still finding a way to reduce the sizes I’ll just talk about them a bit
Okay so first of china is a very huge country with so many provinces, I have only lived in 1 province which is Guangdong, and in Guangdong I have lived a bit in Shenzhen and mostly in Guangzhou, so many things I will be talking about will mostly apply to Gz.
In GZ like every other cities the normal means of transportation is buses, trains and Taxi, for taxi they have their own ride Hailing company also Called DiDi
On thing about Gz is that buying. A car is relatively cheap, but if you’re not from GZ and you need a GZ Number plate, you’d have to spend almost same or even more than the amount u spent buying the car. And if you decide to bring a number plate from your City, then you’d be given number of days to be able to drive your car, maybe 3to 4 days a week. That’s the reason most people just prefer to take the metro and taxis and then you’re going to see a lot of electric bike too, even me I have one grin
Use tinyjpg.com or tinypng.com to compress the images.

I'm loving your thread, but pictures would make me love it more. Keep it up and enjoy your stay in Ch-i-na (in Donald Trump's voice grin)

3 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2020
Chrisbella24:

Asin!!!

They really are something else
I tire for these people. sad

1 Like

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by kizonero(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nice thread. I just came across it this morning and I have finished reading from page one to the last which is 5. I am hoping to see more pages. Do not be discouraged in anyway by some peoples words here.

I will have to keep my questions for now until you are done. Right On bro

3 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2020
so these are the bikes I was talking about, in all cities in china you’d find these type of bikes everywhere, in some cities they the same thing but electric, that one you don’t need to stress yourself paddling, they can’t have those in Gz cos There are too many cars and for safety reasons, when you find any all you have to do is scan with your wechat or Alipay and you Can get them and drive as long. As you want and then when you stop you have to lock it so someone else doesn’t pick it up and if anybody picks it up it’s gonna charge you as long as it is open

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
olioxx:

If you have to deny being a Nigerian for the sake of your mental healthy and to avoid the stigma, please do.

Once again, never ever allow any body dictate what you will post here, this is your thread, post what you feel is right to post about. Any body to the contrary should get the f*ck outta this thread.

OP please, I repeat, dont post on the following topic:
* Racism
* The behaviour of Nigerian in China
* Unduely comparing China to other nation
The above topics can derail this your thread.
#peace
noted thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by RuggedSniper: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2020
cue64:
Gotta be honest, china wasn’t even the 5th choice country I wanted to travel to, but I just needed to get out of Nigeria after so many failed attempts and the link I saw to china looked very easy and straight so I had to take it. But trust me being here for the past 1year and Nine months, I have never for one day regretted the decision I made coming to china. It’s really fun and eye opening.
One of the first lessons I learnt here is the fact that most people don’t like Africans, And even worse if you’re Nigerian. But who cares? As long as you’re getting what you came to look for, you shouldn’t be bothered.
In this beautiful country I have met some of the most amazing people on earth and as well I have met some of the most stupid humans you can ever think off.
One very important thing I need to tell anyone reading this, Asia countries are one of the easiest places to make money if you’re smart Hard working and you’re arrive here legally, forget Europe, Canada and America those places to me are really better of when you have enough money already and you’re just seeking for a better life in a sane world.
Living in china opened my eyes to so many things I never thought was actually very easy, and these are the things I want to share with you guys as this thread goes on
PS: china is one of the easiest Country to travel to, but certainly not for Nigerians, even countries as poor as Niger, it takes them relatively 1week to get a Chinese visa, and they don’t even need an agent to apply for them.... I know my story isn’t fun but bear with me, I nor sabi write nah manage I Dey...
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2020
This is the power box I was talking about. You’d find this virtually everywhere around the cities, all you have to do is scan with your wechat or Alipay and one of it will pop out, when you’re done you just find a similar box and put it back in

18 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by odinga1of: 4:01am On Oct 31, 2020
cue64:
This is the power box I was talking about. You’d find this virtually everywhere around the cities, all you have to do is scan with your wechat or Alipay and one of it will pop out, when you’re done you just find a similar box and put it back in

Please talk about Public office holders and Politicians.

And how to they could control and tame the huge population of China, I know some Chinese are strong-headed like Nigeria.

But how come they are loyal and follows rules as per staying at home to mitigate the spread of ConVID 19?

Thanks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Joohan: 6:18am On Oct 31, 2020
cue64:

This is unpopular opinion but I got to put it here. Some Asian countries are lightyears ahead of America and all European countries. This is a wonderful initiative. Let me put more effort into gaining admission into any Chinese school.

18 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
Even though I hate to admit it, I can’t but say you’re right to certain percentage..
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
In most shops, super market, marts you’d find this,
What it does is as long as you have an Alipay account, and you registered with correct details and ID you don’t need to have your phone to buy Stuff all you have to do is scan your face and the money will be deducted from your Alipay account or the bank card linked to your Alipay account

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
cue64:
What it does is as long as you have an Alipay account, and you registered with correct details and ID you don’t need to have your phone to buy Stuff all you have to do is scan your face and the money will be deducted from your Alipay account or the bank card linked to your Alipay account
Woah. shocked

15 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
This is the popular Xiaobei Lu, on this street you’d find so many black people all Day and a night, there are also so many xinjian people, (the Chinese Muslims) one of the thing that fascinates me about This place is, you see this big bridge and all this big buildings? There is a very big metro underneath, what that means is this bridge and the buildings are standing on top of a hole, and there are people going about and working underneath.. the first time I saw this, something came to my mind, this shows that whatever these people are enjoying right now, they planned like 20-30 years ago, and in 20years from now what they are going to be enjoying, they are currently planning. They just don’t plan and build alone their maintenance culture as well is second to none..

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by chukxie(m): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
cue64:
This is the popular Xiaobei Lu, on this street you’d find so many black people all Day and a night, there are also so many xinjian people, (the Chinese Muslims) one of the thing that fascinates me about This place is, you see this big bridge and all this big buildings? There is a very big metro underneath, what that means is this bridge and the buildings are standing on top of a hole, and there are people going about and working underneath.. the first time I saw this, something came to my mind, this shows that whatever these people are enjoying right now, they planned like 20-30 years ago, and in 20years from now what they are going to be enjoying, they are currently planning. They just don’t plan and build alone their maintenance culture as well is second to none..

Xiaobei Lu: The "Chocolate City", "Little Africa" of Guangzhou. A lot of stuff used to go down there, don't know if they still do because I haven't been there in a while.

2 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
chukxie:

Xiaobei Lu: The "Chocolate City", "Little Africa" of Guangzhou. A lot of stuff used to go down there, don't know if they still do because I haven't been there in a while.
lol I know what you mean, but let’s keep it on a low wink
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Kinkykinky: 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
cue64:

Interesting!

2 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by damoceile: 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
Op is hustling in China like in the USA, UK and other European countries?? Cos this one the currency is not up their with the Dollar, Pounds & Euros when converted to naira... And I hope you do chip in a thing or two on how to legally migrate as the post progresses...

Thanks a whole lot for the exposure... Used to think China is one hell of a no go area until I stumbled on this post. Following this post bumper to bumper..

2 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by themaestro08(m): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
Activist001:

Woah. shocked

Sounds like fairy tale cheesy cheesy? To be honest, south east Asian countries are light years ahead of even seemingly advanced ones like US and Germany. I mean this guys are really getting things right. I envy them cry

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
cool
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by chukxie(m): 11:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
cue64:
lol I know what you mean, but let’s keep it on a low wink

Yes!

1 Like

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 02, 2020
Following. Interesting topic cheesy
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Joohan: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2020
chukxie:

Yes!

Give us the gist na. Abi make I PM you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Photos From The Accident Along Lekki Ajah Road This Evening / I Saw This Condom Dispenser In A Bank In Kenya (Photo) / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.