Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

My Thoughts & Reactions: Mr. President Finally Addresses Nigerians #endsars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts & Reactions: Mr. President Finally Addresses Nigerians #endsars (232 Views)

President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On EndSARS Protests (Live Updates) / President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) / Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Thoughts & Reactions: Mr. President Finally Addresses Nigerians #endsars by alhajidembele: 12:56am On Oct 23, 2020
The 13 minute video of Mr. president addressing the nation, was an absolute waste of 13 minutes of my life. It was a case of: "they want me to address them abi? OK let me address them now" (in Mr. president's mind). I did not benefit anything from what President Muhammadu Buhari said in those meaningless 13 minutes that seemed like an eternity. The speech was supposed to serve the same purpose, as when players beg the referee to go watch VAR... and the referee comes back to give the verdict for a penalty or a disallowed goal - that was how President Muhammadu Buhari speech was supposed to be. Mr. president failed to address the side complaints of End SARS protesters: bad governance & corruption, bad roads, poor power supply, no refineries & fuel price hike, poor minimum wage & hike in price of rice, youth unemployment, poor exchange rate of the naira and poor health care. Well... I am not surprised. There was a time when they asked President Donald Trump some questions and he answered them very well; when it was President Muhammadu Buhari's turn to answer his own questions, everything he said was out of point. There is another time when Fashola and President Muhammadu Buhari were being asked questions side-by-side; each time Fashola talked, his voice was very loud... whenever Mr. president talked, his voice was not audible. The crowd praised and cheered President Muhammadu Buhari, despite the kind of answers he was providing that day (maybe out of fear or because they want favours or promotions). During this End SARS protest, at some point it nearly seemed like Biafra War of 1967 wanted to repeat itself in 2020. Mr. president sir, you are not fit to be Nigeria's president; please resign in january 2021 and let someone else take over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM9h4fO1Jlg
Re: My Thoughts & Reactions: Mr. President Finally Addresses Nigerians #endsars by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 23, 2020
This should not have been a pre-recorded address. Politicians think they are so smart..and they accuse the youths of exam malpractice and yahoo yahoo. This should have been a kind of webinar address, where the masses will have between 50 and 100 representatives..preferably celebrities like davido or psquare. Celebrities will be given the chance to tackle Mr. president on live television with their questions i.e everything that made Nigerians to protest
Re: My Thoughts & Reactions: Mr. President Finally Addresses Nigerians #endsars by alhajidembele: 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
:/)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Lagos State Governor. / Kogi Opens Free Reg Centre For Fg Msmes And Survival Funds / #EndSARS:Abia State Gov Declares A General Cleanup Exercise From 8am-3pm Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.