Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test (21685 Views)

Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari Sacked Two Ministers To Cover Up Failures / Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Eight Years Is A Passing Phase; Nigerians Should Endure / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari’s Comments Confirm Fraud In 2019 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Officialhorlah(m): 6:27am On Oct 23, 2020
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s address to the nation on Thursday evening, as disappointing and completely disconnected from the realities of the tragic occurrences in our country in the last two weeks.

This was contained in a statement signed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan.

PDP, however, appealed to Nigerians to remain calm and allow a return to normal life.

“Our party and, indeed, all lovers of peace in our country, were shocked that Mr. President glossed over the immediate trigger of violent protests – the widely condemned killing at the Lekki Toll Gate by security operatives. A situation which created a global concern and drew the attention of the world to the abuse of human rights going on in our country under his watch,” it read in part.

opposition party also criticized Buhari for his silence on the demand for investigation into the Military’s involvement in the shootings.

It added that “Nigerians had expected that Mr. President will provide the lead for the much-needed overhauling of our security architecture to meet the demands of professionalism and respect for rules of engagement.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/22/end-sars-nnamdi-kanu-clears-air-on-being-responsible-for-destruction-of-yoruba-properties-in-lagos/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Alwaysachick: 6:32am On Oct 23, 2020
A very heartless and brutal dictator who has no clue on how to run an economy. Just blood and power thirsty.

He ordered them, no doubt.

A big shame to all those who voted for him. You people deserve to be off the surface of this earth for putting such a callous man in power knowing his antecedents.

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 23, 2020
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by chatinent: 6:35am On Oct 23, 2020
Speech or reader?

If Buhari was Pharoah in Joseph’s time, Egypt would have still gone on recession.

If he was Trump, the whole world would have been mourning anyone who opposes him.

If he were God, just kuku bury yourself.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by seunlayi(m): 6:39am On Oct 23, 2020
Very sad that we have allow ourselves to be pushed this backward.

Below is what Jonathan and others said less than 6 years ago. Can those that disagreed with me and tongue lashed me read this again to refresh their memories.

Goodluck Jonathan on Friday during a rally in Enugu said that the All Progressives Congress candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), cannot remember his own mobile phone number.

Jonathan, whose unscripted address was mostly a response to previous statements made by Buhari, accused the APC presidential candidate of deceiving Nigerians by promising to revive the economy without explaining how he would achieve the feat.

The President wondered how Buhari would develop the country’s economy, a feat he could not achieve while he was in office as head of state between 1983 and 1985.

“Is it now that Buhari cannot even remember his own phone number that he can change the economy of the country.” Jonathan asked.

The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate said that although he did not like to “go personal during campaigns,” “sometimes circumstances demand that certain things must be said.”

Jonathan said that Buhari belonged to the medieval age, adding that he (the APC candidate) intended to run the Federal Government as a medieval king.

He said, “We cannot run the government as if we are in the medieval age; we cannot run a government where somebody said he would throw people into jail.

“You are not a medieval king – a medieval king can throw you into jail but we have to follow the rule of law because we cannot go back to the old days.”

Jonathan, however, read the speech made by Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (rtd.) after overthrowing Buhari’s regime through a military coup on August 27, 1985 to justify his claim that the APC candidate does not keep his promises.

Babangida, in the portions of the address read by Jonathan, justified Buhari’s overthrow by pointing out that the latter did not live up to the promises he made to Nigerians when he ousted a democratically elected civilian government headed by Alhaji Shehu Shagari in a military coup.

Noting that Buhari “deceived Nigerians” from 1983 to 1985, Jonathan quoted Babangida as saying, “The initial objectives of Buhari’s intervention were betrayed as there was a general deterioration of standard of living in the country.”

The PDP candidate also pointed out that Babangida accused Buhari of being “too rigid in his attitude to national issues” and “became alienated from the people” in the course of his stay in power.

He, therefore, challenged Buhari to tell Nigerians how he intends to revive the economy.

Jonathan said, “They are telling young Nigerians that they are going to change the economy but they have not told us how they want to manage the economy more than us.

“If they say they want to change agriculture, they should tell us the weak links in the agriculture value chain and what they want to do about it.

“I said in Lagos that I want to work with young people, not to deceive people.

“I am not going to run the government based on my habits, I am going to run the government according to global best practices.”

Jonathan also insisted that he was committed to the campaign against corruption.

“There is no government that has fought corruption more than we do,” he said, noting that some previous administrations pretended to be fighting corruption while oppressing their enemies.

He recalled that Buhari jailed some prominent Igbo politicians while in office as head of state, including former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme and former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo.

Stressing that Buhari jailed politicians on trumped up charges, Jonathan said, “You can no longer carry people and put them in prison for 301 years.”

The President equally accused Buhari of having a wrong idea of corruption.

According to him, Buhari believes that every wealthy Nigerian is corrupt.

He said, “If a Nigerian businessman has a private jet, then you are corrupt but if a South African has a private jet then you commend him.

“If you have a good house, then you are corrupt, if you have a good car then you are corrupt – that is his definition of corruption.”

Jonathan accused his opponent of making spurious claims against him.

The President said, “They are saying that government is corrupt but they are not telling us what they are going to do to stop corruption. Let them go back to their consultants to coach them, then I will listen to them.

“They should tell us how they are going to manage the economy better than we do.

“They are saying we stole foreign reserves, nobody can steal foreign reserves – spurious allegations.”

He also reiterated his claim that Buhari did not equip the military while he was the head of state.

Jonathan said that he had done more than his predecessors to shore up the country’s defence.

“For 30 years, we had only one frigate, now we have four additional frigates,” he said.

In the same vein, he pointed out that Buhari did not find any woman worthy enough for appointment when he was the military head of state.

The President asked Nigerians to assess him and Buhari by looking at how they performed during their respective periods in office.

He said, “They have deceived us before and they want to deceive us again.

“Go and find out whether these people are deceiving you or are telling you the truth.

“People are assessing me because I have run this country for some years – they have run this country for two years.

“They came with promises but immediately they came in, what they did was to jail Jim Nwobodo for 201 years

Nairaland 2015

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-cant-remember-his-phone-number-jonathan/

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Charmingrascal(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2020
Officialhorlah:
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s address to the nation on Thursday evening, as disappointing and completely disconnected from the realities of the tragic occurrences in our country in the last two weeks.

This was contained in a statement signed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan.

PDP, however, appealed to Nigerians to remain calm and allow a return to normal life.

“Our party and, indeed, all lovers of peace in our country, were shocked that Mr. President glossed over the immediate trigger of violent protests – the widely condemned killing at the Lekki Toll Gate by security operatives. A situation which created a global concern and drew the attention of the world to the abuse of human rights going on in our country under his watch,” it read in part.

opposition party also criticized Buhari for his silence on the demand for investigation into the Military’s involvement in the shootings.

It added that “Nigerians had expected that Mr. President will provide the lead for the much-needed overhauling of our security architecture to meet the demands of professionalism and respect for rules of engagement.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/22/end-sars-nnamdi-kanu-clears-air-on-being-responsible-for-destruction-of-yoruba-properties-in-lagos/

I no longer have any doubt about what Kanu has been saying.
That thing that addressed us that they have been parading as Buhari is either a human like doll who is programmed to talk and act like a human being or the Sudanese Jubril who shows less concern and sympathy about what is happening in Nigeria because this is not his Country.
He is only a character who acts and gesticulates according to the blockings giving to him by the directors in aso rock.

That can't be Buhari

Campaigning for Buhari was one of my greatest undoings.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by judgementyard(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2020
The one that really pissed me off was that part he said that 100million Nigerians will be taken out of poverty in 10 years time!
I was like, seriously?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by dukeprince50: 6:46am On Oct 23, 2020
PDP wouldn't have done any better, they were there for 16yrs, yet they ended up destroying the system.
Today we are reaping the dividend of what they set up for 16yrs, In a country where u have to be connected to get 30k job but do not need connection when they need ur votes.
PDP are the last people who I want to see criticizing Buhari.
the youths better make use of this new found love in 2023 and reform the system, both APC and PDP are evil.
All they know is criticize each other cos either they want power or remain in power. All we want is equity, if we cant get that, at least let us have equality. until we have this, i cant listen to these mannequins we have as leaders

lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique seun.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:46am On Oct 23, 2020
judgementyard:
The one that really pissed me off was that part he said that 100million Nigerians will be taken out of poverty in 10 years time!
I was like, seriously?
when his Tenure is Fading away already

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by dukeprince50: 6:52am On Oct 23, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
when his Tenure is Fading away already
govt is continuum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by sammirano: 7:20am On Oct 23, 2020
Who needs empathy Buhari has demonstrated true leadership by exerting his position which is extremely needed in this time. When you give Nigerians 1 inch, they will take a yard. I commend the president.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by madridguy(m): 7:20am On Oct 23, 2020
No be by too much talk, na point we need and the koko be say baba ti soro soke. No more Endsars protest nationwide.

Long life Sai Baba

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 23, 2020
Hmm...
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by oyeb15: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020
The truth about this middle aged man we call Buhari will be leaked b4 December.

France,Britain,US and Germany are on alert to gather genetic evidence,DNA ,blood samples etc of him.
Soon we will be hearing him going to Saudi Arabia for checkup.

I pray they wont negotiate with the evidence.

1 Like

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by livebyday(m): 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020
Alwaysachick:
A very heartless and brutal dictator. He ordered them, no doubt.

Calm down sir

2 Likes

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by CHIDINMALOVE: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoEryGXVGE

This is the best reaction I have seen after last night's speech by the President

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Pr0cter: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020
My remark to those who have been paid to do damage control in order to deny the killings done by the government.

It shall never be well with your generation. Many of you are doing this because you had no family members that were killed during the Lekki peaceful protest.

This current situation in Nigeria had taught me never to believe or trust anyone especially the media, politicians, religious leaders and others.

Nairaland that I use to have much prestige for has been compromised and perhaps paid to cover the ills of our terrible government.

All I know is that the APC government must go. Inclusive of all old and corrupt politicians.

Sanwo Olu would loose if he runs for second term. Definitely.

Yorubas are my brothers and sisters
Igbos are my brothers and sister
Hausas are my brothers and sisters
Nigerians are my brothers and sisters
Muslims are my brothers and sisters
Christians are my brothers and sisters
Traditional worshipers are my brothers and sisters

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Oxtonguy: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020
Big time
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020
This onuigbo should just shut up

3 Likes

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by DrBrainstorm(m): 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020
Abeg gerrara hia . We don tire for all this analog leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Tonniex: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020
All those soldiers (devil incarnates) that were happily firing live ammunitions at unarmed citizens and the commander(s) that gave them that order must be brought to book!
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Felixalex(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Muftimenk: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2020
Buhari have failed us and i think he will continue failing better he step down

Old man with old sense

1 Like

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Brushstrokes20: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2020
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! The stone cold, self serving, redundant coupist s Nigeria's worst blunder!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by bolaayenimo: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2020
E shock me oooo
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Olam09(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2020
Na thier palava be that anyways my ebook is now available on Amazon store.

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Raiders: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2020
pdp is just as bad as APC

5 Likes

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2020
Honestly. What a joke.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by donestk(m): 7:24am On Oct 23, 2020
Its finished.

A particular region got us into this mess simply cuz they were promised power.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by okoloemmalex(m): 7:24am On Oct 23, 2020
this man named Buhari is a step forward with 10steps backward.

those who imposed him on us will endure it with us until 2023.

too bad we 're here, but the narrative must change
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by ZendayaColeman(f): 7:24am On Oct 23, 2020
Sane Nigerians are not surprised with the vegetable speech.

APC/BMC/BSO get share for this useless Forum.

Nairaland is WACK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are You Killing Christians In Nigeria?: Buhari Recalls Meeting With Trump / Mid Poll Results On President Buhari's Health By PublicHealth.com.ng / Ipalibo Harry Banigo: "Escape Of Ritual Murder Suspect Embarrassing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.