Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. (861 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: The Next Uprising Might End Up Violent / Election Violence in Kogi Is Media Creation, I am not a violent person - Bello / Maiduguri Under Attack On Election Day, 7 Explosions Occur Within 10 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by gaddafe(m): 8:12am On Oct 23, 2020
I have listened to the president's speech and also the presidency's statement on endSARS and I will say I'm disappointed cause it seems they don't even understand the need of the people. Most of them especially Femi Adesina feels SARS has been disbanded so everything is solved. I am telling the whole word that SARS has not been scrapped, it has only been modified.

Why did Nigerians revolt against SARS?
The simple answer to this is the extra judicial killings and extortions carried out by them. Both activities are also frequently carried out by our regular police force, the difference is the scale in which it was perpetrated by SARS was very high. People were more scared of SARS than armed robbers. So the people revolted and what did the government do? He increased the salaries of the officers as a way of saying thank you for the killings. The issue of collecting bribes in the highway was never addressed. The issue of searching of phones which the IGP said is illegal but the officers continue to perpetuate was not addressed. The officers collect these bribes and make returns to the IGP and CP. How can a government solve such a problem without firing the IGP? The police officers are the one maintaining operational vehicles, buying their uniforms, buying stationeries etc with their funds.These were the areas we expected the President to address. As it stands now anytime things return to normalcy, we should expect the police continue with the extortions in another guise as this has not currently been banned by the Nigerian government.

The EndSARS protest has with it other agitations but at least even if the President could not attend to the others, at least one would have expected him to address the main reason that drove the youths to the street in the first place. SARS has not ended, it is only been reformed as we speak

3 Likes

Re: A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by cherishmichael: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2020
undecided
Re: A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by CodeTemplar: 8:30am On Oct 23, 2020
The youths are seeing things clearer now. When they rejected politicians in the protest to avoid political coloration, the ruling party crushed it by infiltration.

They know better now that sharia is for "boy when give girl belle" and not for Ganduje or Abdulazziz Yari or Maina or Dangote. They know the violence against Shiites wasnt for good purpose or defence of sovereignty, it was to crush a rising Muslim sect that can divide the main group because other muslims block the roads far more often, predictably and periodically on Fridays and they don't disturb them.
Re: A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by larrypappyy(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2020
salary increament is a major part of police reform...I hope u kno dt they buy uniforms,stationaries and fuel operational vehincles out of d little they receive...I've a family who is a police man and retired in 2014 but hasn't received a penny 4rm d police service commition(how do they xpet him 2feed his family after 35yrs service) but he is asked 2bribe just 2collect that is due him.
Re: A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2020
They used thug.....it didn’t work
They used sars.....it didn’t work
They used army.....it didn’t work
They shoot protesters
And now blaming Nnamdi kanu
Wise up
The lies they used during biafra war
Cars were also destroyed at apo by thugs
Who ordered them?
Properties were destroyed during nadeco and abiola crisis
Nnamdi kanu wasn't around to be blame
Security agencies should be held ,they are responsible for destruction of people’s properties
Individuals can’t have such effrontery to destroy
If they don’t have back up
Re: A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by gaddafe(m): 9:24am On Oct 23, 2020
larrypappyy:
salary increament is a major part of police reform...I hope u kno dt they buy uniforms,stationaries and fuel operational vehincles out of d little they receive...I've a family who is a police man and retired in 2014 but hasn't received a penny 4rm d police service commition(how do they xpet him 2feed his family after 35yrs service) but he is asked 2bribe just 2collect that is due him.

Baba nothing concern an ordinary Nigerian with the amount of police salary. Our business is that when we get to the police stations and its written that bail is free, it should be free. I should not be in distress and the officers response is that "no fuel in the vehicle". Increasing their salaries does not in any way address the issue raised by ordinary Nigerians. I'm not saying an increment in their salary is not justified but the doctors, lecturers, teachers, and some essential service workers are also earning very little.
Re: A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by larrypappyy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
gaddafe:

Baba nothing concern an ordinary Nigerian with the amount of police salary. Our business is that when we get to the police stations and its written that bail is free, it should be free. I should not be in distress and the officers response is that "no fuel in the vehicle". Increasing their salaries does not in any way address the issue raised by ordinary Nigerians. I'm not saying an increment in their salary is not justified but the doctors, lecturers, teachers, and some essential service workers are also earning very little.
The lifes of this profesions r not threaten on daily bases like d police....security should b no1 in any society then followed by agriculture(food)...let d government start by improving their welfare followed by improving or providing everything needed 4their operation.
Re: A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by Harrykn: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
Struggle of a nation.... Where are the former leaders of this great nation? If they are still alive they should wake bubu from sleep
Re: A Violent Uprising Might Occur Soon. by opalu: 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu's Full Interview With Governor Nyesom Wike Over Oyigbo Crisis(video) / FREEDOM FROM NIGERIA SOON! CONSTITUTIONAL FORCE MAJEURE DECLARED 16th DEC 2020 / FG Expands NIMC To All Ids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.