Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN (462 Views)

SSN On CSU Documents Released To Atiku, Shows It Belongs To President Tinubu / An Open Letter To All Yahoo Boys By Paulgeek / Not All Young Men Are Yahoo Boys - Dolapo Badmus Writes Open Letter To SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by olite93(m): 8:32am On Oct 23, 2020
Dear president M. Buhari, I don't know if Nigeria (ESPECIALLY YOUR YOUNG SONS AND DAUGHTERS) has offended you in the past; please forgive us, you're one of us;
your govt has openly insulted us over and again, especially my generation of Nigerians.

We're scared to use the very same tool which you used to win the 2015 election which is the freedom of speech which you have termed a part of it to be hate speech in the social media bill.

We've lost hope in your government; please rebuild it again.

What started out as the most peaceful protest in history was turned violent by the security operatives and the the subversive elite.

For over a week we saw very peaceful protests with protesters airing their views on the need for a better government; even thugs joined because it was for the greater good of Nigeria and Nigerians.

When the protests was just about end SARS (poor Nigerian police officers who are victims of the said bad government), the govt was quick to disband the unit because the officers are part of the poor masses. And we know the govt to be less concerned about the welfare of the poor masses whom they have sworn to protect.
(IF THE POLICE WERE WELL PAID, THEY WONT EXTORT FELLOW NIGERIANS AND BAIL WOULD ACTUALLY BE FREE)

As soon as the protest turned #endbadgovt, they became apprehensive and started saying all sorts of comments on the media. e.g Lai Mohamed and co.

I want to ask:

who arms thugs with weapons to unleash mayhem (politicians have a track record)
who uses thugs and hoodlums to perpetrate crime (politicians also have a track record)
who had the most to lose from the Lekki blockade “most peaceful point of the protest” (I think politicians and we know a few)
then I think we know the group of people responsible for the shooting.

Since the protest started, your govt never showed real care or empathy towards our demands and/or protest, it was supposed to:

make a national address on the matter because it was a national affair quite earlier.
They were supposed to provide anti riot officers to control violence knowing fully well that youths are volatile. The ministers predicted the protest might be hijacked but did nothing. Yet your kids move with heavy security protection daily
Provide traffic control instead of whining about the amount of money lost due to blocked roads.
Provide ambulance for emergency health.
Provide adequate media coverage to curb fake news. Trust NTA to show fishermen planting yams when the nation is on fire.

YOUR GOVT DID NOTHING...

So called soldiers attacked peaceful and unarmed young leaders of tomorrow (the people killed and injured were about your age when your generation took over the rein of power), the president couldn't sack the COAS (army), COAS(air-force), the CNS and the CDS, all service chiefs should be axed for years of incompetence in the fight against insurgence which most Nigerians have been calling for and an unexplained open act of terror by the Nigerian army that has sworn to protect the lives and properties of its citizens and compatriots. You seem to lose touch of the fact that we're in a democratic regime and you're supposed to do the bidding of the majority.

Your address to the nation came really late, you had to be urged by well meaning Nigerians to address us; meaning if you were not urged, you wont have said a thing; goes a long way to show how you care about your citizens especially my generation.

You didn't send condolences to the families of the victims of police brutality since his tenure began in 2015

He didn't condole with the families of the victims who have died or lost valuable/irreplaceable lives, limbs, properties, ET AL. (got me wondering if we're all Nigerians)

After waiting for 2 weeks before addressing us, your address was so cold and no sign of fatherly concern. No sign of remorse over your failures and you were issuing stern warnings about national security.

You didn't openly condemn the shooting of peaceful protesters, neither did you make mention of the Lekki shooting by men under your command as GCFR FGN yet you talked about Oba of Lagos' palace fire and Tinubu losing properties, ARE THEY MORE IMPORTANT THAN I AM OR THOSE THAT HAVE DIED IN THIS STRUGGLE, they didnt lose their lives. (you seem to care more about properties than lives) i'm sure you dont know a name of anybody killed by police brutality in your God blessed country.

We know what you promised us during your campaigns and now youre throwing trader moni at our face.(money that cant feed 1 person for 1 month due to harsh economic policies implemented by your govt) we're not asking for free money we're asking for infrastructures so we can make money ourselves, we're not lazy people; we're a hard working and resilient breed.

HOW CAN LIVE ROUNDS BE USED AS FIRST RESPONSE TO PROTESTERS, what happened to water cannons and rubber bullets.

You said false news is being spread about your govt being oblivious to our plights as nigerians: I think your govt is actually oblivious to our sufferings because we're usually the first to bear the burns of your harsh economic policies and the last to enjoy its dividends.

As for the crimes committed by the hoodlums, its just as a result of a failed/ failing state. The monsters you made have come back to hunt.

We made fresh additions to our protest request which your minister termed flimsy and unrealistic in an attempt to disrepute us and our movement, hence we had to show our seriousness by staying out there.
The police reforms and salary ugrade has been said over the years with no significant improvements so we had to stay out till they were implemented

Comparing your words and deeds have really helped us rate you as a man, a Nigerian man, a father and a leader.

No nigerian government has methodically and seriously oppressesed Nigerians like your Govt since 2003 that I and most of my peers have witnessed democratic rule.

The police reforms and salary ugrade has been said over the years with no significant improvements.

You have not ensured the liberty, freedom and fundamental human rights of the average Nigerian.

TO EVERY YOUNG SECURITY OPERATIVE; I urge you to remember that you're first a nigerian youth(son or daughter with loved ones as civillians) before putting on the uniform and you swore to defend our lives and properties upon wearing the uniform.
If so, why stand down and watch when your peers and playmates are being killed daily(una no knw ow many of una niggas wey don drop). I dont know if you're allowed to protest but we need your voices of support; we need you to understand that this struggle is for the general benefit of Nigeria(they're killing us in the towns and cities and they're killing you guys up north in sambisa)... the same #endbadgovt we're clamoring for.

Do not allow yourselves to be used as instruments of separation and injustice against your brothers and sisters of our generation..

TO THE UNIFORMED KILLERS, I HOPE YOU TOO LOSE LOVED ONES IN LIKE MANNER

TO THE SUPPRESSANT ELITE, KARMA IS REAL

TO OUR PRESIDENT AND HIS GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS, PLEASE BE MORE PRO-ACTIVE AND NOT REACTIVE AND STOP POLITICIZING THE LIVES OF THE VERY PEOPLE YOU SWORE TO PROTECT.

I CALL ON ALL 9JA YOUTHS AND ALL WELL MEANING ELDER TO CALL THEIR YOUNG TO ORDER. OUR VOICES HAVE BEEN HEARD AND WE'VE MADE NUMEROUS POINTS. LETS GO BACK TO THE DRAWING TABLE AND RESTRATEGIZE HOW TO WIN 2023 SO WE CAN HAVE THE 9JA OF OUR DREAMS.

AFTER MANY YEARS, THE APC IS STILL SHIFTING BLAMES INSTEAD OF TAKING RESPONSIBILITY.

I OBSERVED THAT OUR PRESIDENT DONT USE SOCIAL MEDIA AND WATCHES ONLY NTA AND OTHER HAUSA TV STATIONS IF HE DOES AT ALL
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by Mayng01(m): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by wakaman: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2020
Typical yamree letter
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by Fetula4u: 9:57am On Oct 23, 2020
Nice one bro....you are truly an intelligent writer.together we will make this Country Great again our voice have been heard.change is on The way.
make your correction 2023 not 2013 Election.Thank bro
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by olite93(m): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
God help us all
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by olite93(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
now theyre trying to change the narrative of the event using the Media again; we're a liberal breed. cant be deceived by their new damage control tricks
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by Freelane33(m): 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
There are lot of paid agents on this damn site , trynna cover what’s not cover-able... you’ll should Remember your next generations will live in this same country and whatever we sow today is what we and our next generation will bear .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by andyanders: 5:54am On Oct 26, 2020
Op, ur letter would have made sense if u have a live president. What you have is a robbot that has been programmed to deliver whatever that was feed to it. I'm sorry, nobody will deliver ur msg to the electronic device made in China.
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by olite93(m): 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
Lol... Made in china... We b made in Africa
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by wakaman: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
You kind is typical non original, stop recycling opinions think for your self.
Re: Open Letter To President M. Buhari GCFR FGN by olite93(m): 7:52am On Oct 28, 2020
wakaman:
You kind is typical non original, stop recycling opinions think for your self.

Lol, I wrote dis on d midnight of buharis speech n posted 7am next morning and u say I copied. Lol

I might have said d minds of most sincere young Nigerians. Get d message and not trying to play down another person's work.

Silence at times is golden if you only have stupidity to say

(1) (Reply)

More Graphic Videos From Accident Involving Kadungure And Others / Who Is CNN Running Dirty Errands In Nigeria For ? / Wizard Returning From Coven Mistakenly Lands On Roof Top In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.