Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers (68477 Views)

New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival / Nigerian Couple Who Enslaved Woman In UK Flee After Mob Attacks Their Home -pics / Mob Attacks 3 Robbery Suspects In Benue (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Regionalism is far better than this current stupid structure. Why should a Yoruba man/woman, an Igbo man/woman, Ijaw man/woman etc. have to go all the way to Abuja to demands for his/her right as a Nigerian? There is too much power at the center. This is not workable, abeg.

That is what your states are for.

Plus under regions the same issues you are crying about, people were crying about them too.

States came about in part because of these issues.

Now, ijaw people can run to Bayelsa and rivers capitals instead of all the way to enugu under the old regions.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:
Its no more a secret that a Rebellious group in Southeast called IPOB are tooling for war against other tribes and against some Igbos who don't believe in their Struggle.

Don't ask me how I knew, the Recorded Audio call has gone viral that even a new born baby knows about it.

So my question goes:

1. Why are igbo Political Leaders quiet about it, are they yet to listen to that 15mins Audio call?

2. What about C A N (Christians Associations of Nigeria) why are they quiet, knowing that igbo youths are massively out for blood, are the Excos of (C A N) still writing their speech?

3. Why has Atiku and the PDP decided to ignore that horrible Audio? Have they not listened to it yet? Was Nnamdi Kanu speaking French in the Recorded Audio call? Because as far as I know, Kanu spoke English all through the Audio.

4. Why is no one tagging the UN, US, UK, ICPC, ECOWAS for their intervention?

While I await answers to these daring questions, I would like to let the Ohaneze Ndigbo know that Igbos are sitting on a time bomb ticking to blow in seconds.

Question: Who owns most Plazas and Business empires in Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja, Sokoto, Plateau, etc?

Answer: Igbos

Questions: Who owns most Estates, Companies and Private properties in Lagos and Abuja?

Question: Who will cry when Yorubas or Hausas decide to retaliate or defend themselves?

You want to destroy Tinubu and other Southwest Politicians but people like Theodore Orji, James Ibori, Diezani, Patience Jonathan, Peter Obi, Okezie Ikpeazu and many other igbo Politicians are dealing with you severely, they are toiling with your future.

Yet, your Problem is Tinubu and Lagos, same Lagos you run to, for Assylum just to be safe from your wicked Governors in the poverty ravaged Southeast? Is that not madness?

When are you going to attack your mishevious Politicians and deal with Leaders there in the Southeast?

Oloribuku, Snake in a green grass
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Emarc16(m): 9:12am On Oct 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

It won't.

But it could have been prevented. If sars reform had started right from day one.

As a leader your job is to prevent problems from growing. Or from even starting in the first place
Wasn't it buhari that increased police salaries for better police systems? was the police brutality only or started during this regime. let's not be biased abg.

2 Likes

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 23, 2020
blacknp:
What should President Buhari have done Almijiri? come to your state to create jobs for you, or encourage you to take advantage of the comparative advantage your state has? Where is the Governor, & elected representatives of your state? Are you not aware The Federal Republic of Nigeria practices a democratic system of Government of The Federal, States, & Local Government?
security, infrastructure, power supply ,are all these not duties of a leader? no one is asking buhari to directly create job or create any awareness.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 23, 2020
Emarc16:

Wasn't it buhari that increased police salaries for better police systems? was the police brutality only or started during this regime. let's not be biased abg.

The poloce salaries that he just increased after protests got worse.

Okay

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Correcto: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2020
I am not Into but honestly you are a big clown. How much were you even paid to write this? Your hate for Ibos is excessive. Take a chill pill.
Kingdemu:
Its no more a secret that a Rebellious group in Southeast called IPOB are tooling for war against other tribes and against some Igbos who don't believe in their Struggle.

Don't ask me how I knew, the Recorded Audio call has gone viral that even a new born baby knows about it.

So my question goes:

1. Why are igbo Political Leaders quiet about it, are they yet to listen to that 15mins Audio call?

2. What about C A N (Christians Associations of Nigeria) why are they quiet, knowing that igbo youths are massively out for blood, are the Excos of (C A N) still writing their speech?

3. Why has Atiku and the PDP decided to ignore that horrible Audio? Have they not listened to it yet? Was Nnamdi Kanu speaking French in the Recorded Audio call? Because as far as I know, Kanu spoke English all through the Audio.

While I await answers to these daring questions, I would like to let the Ohaneze Ndigbo know that Igbos are sitting on a time bomb ticking to blow in seconds.

Question: Who owns most Plazas and Business empires in Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja, Sokoto, Plateau, etc?

Questions: Who owns most Estates, Companies and Private properties in Lagos and Abuja?

Question: Who will cry when Yorubas or Hausas decide to retaliate or defend themselves?

You want to destroy Tinubu and other Southwest Politicians but people like Theodore Orji, James Ibori, Diezani, Patience Jonathan, Peter Obi, Okezie Ikpeazu and many other igbo Politicians are dealing with you severely, they are toiling with your future.

Yet, your Problem is Tinubu and Lagos, same Lagos you run to, for Assylum just to be safe from your wicked Governors in the poverty ravaged Southeast? Is that not madness?

When are you going to attack your mishevious Politicians and deal with Leaders there in the Southeast?

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by riczy(m): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2020
I stand for #peace!
Gather here if u do too!

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by theFilmtric: 9:15am On Oct 23, 2020
theFilmtricsay

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Fakoyede(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2020
homosapien:

These is the actual problem, not equipment whatsoever to work with, you give them Ak 47 and u go to sleep.

Am really disappointed in Lagos state government on how they make mockery of their internal security.

Despite the Lagos state security trust funds, all thru could get is Hilux and few tank's.

Will it be too much for Lagos state to equip RRS with the following

:. Active Denial Systems (ADS): Essentially an open-air microwave oven, this weapon projects beams of radiation to heat the skin of its targets to 130 degrees, forcing them to flee.

:. Net guns: Traditionally used to capture wildlife, guns that shoot and ensnare people in nets have also been adopted by some police forces to catch targets as a form of riot control.

: sleep gases made up of the anesthesia fentanyl were used in 2002 by Russia on Chechen rebels in Moscow.

: Water canons: First used for riot control in Germany in the 1930s, water canons were also used widely in the United States in the 1960s but have since fallen out of favor.

Among others, any of the above method Wii do s good job without been lethal.

Very good advise! I Respect you bro
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by ijedeikorodu(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2020
It looks like we only fear the military in Nigeria
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Emilokoiyawon: 9:15am On Oct 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
That is what your states are for.Plus under regions the same issues you are crying about, people were crying about them too.States came about in part because of these issues.Now, ijaw people can run to Bayelsa and rivers capitals instead of all the way to enugu under the old regions.

Nonsense. Federal Regionalism means you will not be allowed to take oil money from Delta and use to develop Zamfara or Katsina. Every region will develop at its own pace. The NW loves Sharia and they will embrace it wholeheartedly. The Igbos love trade/business and they will embrace it wholeheartedly. The Yorubas loves tech and innovation and they will embrace it wholeheartedly.

This current structure where money from Lagos will end up in the pockets of some corrupt politician from Bauchi with 200 wives is too ridiculous.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by lakesider(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2020
Miyachi:
"You shall reap what you sow."

The hunger, poverty and improvishment that the government has sowed over the years is ready for the harvest.

Why do you think these people are looting and stealing-- to them, they have nothing to lose. This is their only opportunity, and that is the mindset of the average Nigeria-- get rich or die trying.

I honestly pray that things return to normalcy, whatever that means. The government should realize that they don't have the might to fight so many battles. If there's an uprising, they'll surely fall.
Who is the government.. �
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2020
MrHighSea:
bad times for police and politicians

Polithiefcians and Policemen need to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use gun to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. But they have now result to subtle begging. Shameless cowards.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by JustforMen: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2020
Interestingly, Igbo boys in Port Harcourt have been killing and burning people of northern extraction.
And this is not rumour. It is what is happening the last two days.
I appreciate that the Hausa people have their own problems but what is the the motive for this?
These are the poorest of the poor not in anyway close to the ruling class.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Bobyro: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

You just said total bullshit. You're too daft to know looting is occurring in the east, the hunger in the land doesn't apply to igbos abi.. You're just unbelievable. The disgrace of the political class started with which tribe. That politician who was disgraced the other day in Germany nko?
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Abokinaram: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2020
Southern governors should wake up, we want Nigeria to split, northern Nigeria are pesting on south. They know hunger will kill them If we eventually separate from them. Lazy ppl.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry let stop this for now like a month and watch the government,, if dem no do wetin we want then we move to abuja and destroy anything, abuja is the main target

Exactly, target Abuja. Most politicians reside there.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by EgusiShankly: 9:20am On Oct 23, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry let stop this for now like a month and watch the government,, if dem no do wetin we want then we I move to abuja and destroy anything, abuja is the main target
OK
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Sagay212: 9:21am On Oct 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

But when elections come they line up behind the broom and the umbrella

The sad thing about nigerians is that we have been hearing about how nigerians are suffering underthis democratic dispensation, yet when offered a chance to throw out the elites, they take their 500 naira and vote for the same old same old.

And how does s burning down police stations bring about change, other than to attraxt the harsh arm of the same oppreasors?

Go and form a party that will kick out apc. Do the hard work please.For our sakes

Don't mind them. They sell their votes and blame it on poverty and illiteracy. Does poverty stop you from collecting money from politicians and still voting the right person? Does poverty stops you from holding leaders responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Tomilola360: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2020
YES THIS GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED ITS PEOPLE BUT ALL THESE DESTRUCTION AND RIOTING IS THE WORK OF THE IGBOS.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Reallv: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2020
Peaceful protester please stay home for now,....so that we can make Nigeria great again.
its one by follow.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Nonsense. Federal Regionalism means you will not be allowed to take oil money from Delta and use to develop Zamfara or Katsina. Every region will develop at its own pace. The NW loves Sharia and they will embrace it wholeheartedly. The Igbos love trade/business and they will embrace it wholeheartedly. The Yorubas loves tech and innovation and they will embrace it wholeheartedly.

This current structure where money from Lagos will end up in the pockets of some corrupt politician from Bauchi with 200 wives is too ridiculous.

And you can do that at the level of the states.

The old regions wont work today. Agriculture stopped being a major earner in the 1970s when the UK stopped being our major market. Same for minerals.

Plus Nigeria is a country where every one wants to benefit from sharing the oil money. Not from innovation and tech. Till we change that attitude, regionalism wont fix that.

Infact my problem with resource control, even though i am from the south south is that we will take the money and overimport. Instead of developing our own science and innovation.

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Iyremafunwa: 9:23am On Oct 23, 2020
We no sleep for Oyigbo.

Gun shorts here and there.

God help us.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Mcreloaded(m): 9:23am On Oct 23, 2020
The happenings the past weeks is what you get when you rob the masses of hope.
A hopeless man has nothing to loose even his life is meaningless because of the high handedness if corrupt politician who have decided to use their life to play okoso
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by NwokoloOwa: 9:24am On Oct 23, 2020
rainerboy1010:
Mehn.... This is a Shame

The Nigerian police is not equip to manage mass protest

In France Police were seen controlling this kind of things well

But here any small thing the Army is deployed .......

Equip the police and train them to handle mass action

Not to tell them to make only return for ogas at the top at junction collecting #50 from motories

France deployed army last year with these words by Macron to the violent demonstrators:
French President Emmanuel Macron said the following:

"Soldiers are not trained in law; they do not read people their rights. If you actually act in a way that the law enforcement agents fail to handle you and it is decided that the Army should be called in, don't expect them to read you your rights or handcuff you. No. They don't move around with handcuffs. They are trained to subdue enemies of the State and to kill such enemies and bring peace to a state within the shortest possible time. My warning to all those who would be demonstrators, France will not standby while infrastructure is destroyed. We shall employ the Army to bring order and if you die, it means you were at a wrong place at the wrong time where the Army did not want anyone to be. Stay at home or place of work and stay alive."*

FRANCE NEWS
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nwaotu10(m): 9:24am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

Bring it on bro.

Let's settle it once and end Nigeria.

Nonsense!
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 23, 2020
Abokinaram:
Just sported this, how can both nta and channels logo appear on one station. Nigerian youth have suffered
dis administration don take us for mumu.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Comedian2019: 9:25am On Oct 23, 2020
rainerboy1010:
Mehn.... This is a Shame

The Nigerian police is not equip to manage mass protest

In France Police were seen controlling this kind of things well

But here any small thing the Army is deployed .......

Equip the police and train them to handle mass action

Not to tell them to make only return for ogas at the top at junction collecting #50 from motories
Such changes don't happen overnight. The present police already have their minds focused on bribes taking. They all must be sacked and decent ones employed. I doubt this will ever happen.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by uuzba(m): 9:27am On Oct 23, 2020
homosapien:

These is the actual problem, not equipment whatsoever to work with, you give them Ak 47 and u go to sleep.

Am really disappointed in Lagos state government on how they make mockery of their internal security.

Despite the Lagos state security trust funds, all thru could get is Hilux and few tank's.

Will it be too much for Lagos state to equip RRS with the following

:. Active Denial Systems (ADS): Essentially an open-air microwave oven, this weapon projects beams of radiation to heat the skin of its targets to 130 degrees, forcing them to flee.

:. Net guns: Traditionally used to capture wildlife, guns that shoot and ensnare people in nets have also been adopted by some police forces to catch targets as a form of riot control.

: sleep gases made up of the anesthesia fentanyl were used in 2002 by Russia on Chechen rebels in Moscow.

: Water canons: First used for riot control in Germany in the 1930s, water canons were also used widely in the United States in the 1960s but have since fallen out of favor.

Among others, any of the above method Wii do s good job without been lethal.
These are all specific one-use equipment.
Nigeria doesn't manufacture anything. We just import.
It's still cheaper to import guns and bullet for multi-use.
This country should just learn how to manufacture stuff and stop making foreign countries richer with our reckless importation.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Comedian2019: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2020
Abokinaram:
Southern governors should wake up, we want Nigeria to split, northern Nigeria are pesting on south. They know hunger will kill them If we eventually separate from them. Lazy ppl.
I had this same mindset until yesterday when I discovered the southwest leaders are the major problem. Ordinary palliative, they hid it away from hungry masses, while northern leaders shared to their own people.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry let stop this for now like a month and watch the government,, if dem no do wetin we want then we move to abuja and destroy anything, abuja is the main target
bro abeg no forget me na plane I wan follow go there too
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Miyachi: 9:29am On Oct 23, 2020
lakesider:

Who is the government.. �

Your guess is as good as mine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents / Yahoo Boys "Praying" For Blessings At Shrine in Uromi Edo State (pic And Vid) / EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy, Michael Jackson Aka 'Ella' In Lagos With Pot Of Juju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.