Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting (78981 Views)

'Simon Ekpa Is Chiefly Known For Spreading Fake News' - Wikipedia (Photo) / Red Flags: We Should Run Away From These Candidates - EiE Nigeria / NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
There are indications that more people and organizations are coming to realize the errors in their allegations over the alleged Lekki shootings. One of Nigeria’s leading organizations Enough is Enough has admitted it was wrong over its initial publication and allegations that the state governor Babajide Sanwoolu ordered the removal of CCTV cameras from the Lekki Toll Gate.

EiE, led by Yemi Adamolekun is one of the credible organizations in Nigeria that other global bodies rely on for its positions on Nigerian affairs. The European Union, United Nations, and other have condemned state authorities over alleged state-sponsored “killings at the Lekki gate”.

Yemi Adamolekun, took to its Twitter page to tender the apology admitting that it was wrong over its initial publication and allegations that the state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu ordered the removal of CCTV cameras from the Lekki Toll Gate. The apology and other events after the Lekki shootings give indications that more people and organizations are coming to realize the errors in their allegations over the alleged attack on the #EndSARS protesters at the protest venue.

The NGO tweeted: “This was an error. These cameras are not CCTV cameras but license plate verification cameras. “They were removed to prevent vandalization after Gov Babajide Sanwo-Olu announced the curfew.

“He has said the CCTV footage is intact. We apologise for the error. EIE is adjudged one of the credible organizations in Nigeria that other global bodies rely on for its positions on Nigerian affairs.

https://upshotreports.com/nigerias-leading-ngo-eie-apologises-for-spreading-fake-news-over-lekki-shootings/

https://nporeports.com/breaking-nigeria-s-leading-ngo-apologises-for-spreading-fake-news-over-lekki-shootings-4635

https://www.prestigenewspaper.com.ng/2020/10/22/breaking-nigerias-leading-ngo-apologises-for-spreading-fake-news-over-lekki-shootings-npo-reports/

24 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Babzrockman: 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Sanwo is a responsible leader.. the guy man is trying politics apart

220 Likes 15 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
I hope the mods will do the needful this time to prove they are not bias

Modification: Thanks nairaland for spreading the news.

All those who fuelled this crisis will not live to witness what they are aiming at

116 Likes 13 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Commentor: 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
IPOB, shebi you lost your brothers and sisters at the toll plaza.

Why not display their details?

Liars incorporated.

Almost 3 days and no one has opened a thread to say this is my brother or sister I lost.

God would punish all of you.

280 Likes 39 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Mexzy4sho(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
I stand with Sanwo-olu

159 Likes 14 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Eryyy92: 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
Ok fine.
Go and present your evidences and witnesses to the office of the prosecutor ICC, CNN , American Embassy, UK parliament, UN , AU. Then I'll know that you have done enough damage control for your employers

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by sapientia(m): 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
Sanwo Olu have Apologised for removing the CCTV

How are they apologising for reporting it?

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by helinues: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
To the enemy of progress...

Ntor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:
IPOB, shebi you lost your brothers and sisters at the toll plaza.

Why not display their details?

Liars incorporated.

Almost 3 days and no one has opened a thread to say this is my brother or sister I lost.

God would punish all of you.
Amen Amen Amen

20 fat male cows for you

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

Those mentioned are hero instead cos they saw the hand writing on the wall clearly

They are heros of Nigeria.

Those that want Nigeria to get destroyed are angry.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by helinues: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:

But you love our country so much and you are just on your civic duty right?

NL duty.. Both cancellation and spreading of fake news..

Na this same guy first posted story about Eniola being shot with Photoshop pictures attached.

They were bursted... The Photoshop was just too early to release..

God pass them

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Jackson105: 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
Sanwo-olu is just a pawn in this game, I come dey pity the guy.

I am with you, my Governor

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Kyase(m): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
IamPlato:
This is the false information we are talking about..

People like you should be jailed.

Did you see them getting paid or employed to instigate such?

Stop spreading false news, it's a serious crime because this information you are passing can cause problem.

Be wise
My brother abeg help me ask am oo

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Kyase(m): 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

Those mentioned are hero instead cos they saw the hand writing on the wall clearly

We warned them from onset but Dem no hear.

But bros una people fall my hand

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by freekick: 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
The truth will surely prevail.

#GODBLESSNIGERIA.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
freekick:
The truth will surely prevail.
it has prevailed already

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by helinues: 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
Kyase:

We warned them from onset but Dem no hear.

But bros una people fall my hand

Na so me self see am oo upon how I shouted on top my voice on NL.

We shall revisit their matter later....

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by NazoTimes(m): 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
There apology concern them Sha, They should announce a sizeable compensation for the movement.
And by the way if you want to buy a Monetized YouTube channel please do well to PM

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Wike Declares Farah Dagogo Wanted, He Replies / Farooq Kperogi: Four Presidential Aspirants Who Will Make Me Renounce Nigeria / Orlu: ESN And Soldiers In Gun Battle In Imo Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.