Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting (79014 Views)

'Simon Ekpa Is Chiefly Known For Spreading Fake News' - Wikipedia (Photo) / Red Flags: We Should Run Away From These Candidates - EiE Nigeria / NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by honor4me: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:
IPOB, shebi you lost your brothers and sisters at the toll plaza.

Why not display their details?

Liars incorporated.

Almost 3 days and no one has opened a thread to say this is my brother or sister I lost.

God would punish all of you.
Amin including their bias political supporters who are hellbent in destabilizing the nation!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by kcnwaigbo: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Bashir75:

THEY (Igbos) USED TRAITORS AMONG US THE YORUBAS TO BRING PAINS TO OUR PEOPLE, RUINED OUR LANDS AND DESECRATED OUR HERITAGE. WE WILL NEVER FORGET. THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ENVY OF US AND THEY HAVE DISPLAYED THEIR TREACHERY. IT WAS PERFECTLY ORCHESTRATED AND CARRIED OUT STRATEGICALLY. WE SLEPT AND TRUSTING TOO MUCH IN LAGOS AND THE ENTIRE SOUTHWEST. WE WILL RISE AND DO BETTER FROM THIS RUINS. OUR ANCESTORS BUILT THIS YORUBALAND, THEY’RE WARRIORS NOT COWARDS.
Olodo.Tell Tinubu he has failed woefully

6 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Vikynas: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Error Kee una families there bunch of political fools

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Rokingj: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by GoodGovernance: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
sapientia:
Sanwo Olu have Apologised for removing the CCTV

How are they apologising for reporting it?

You are a goat.

When did Sanwo Olu apologize for removing CcTv?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Donedeal1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
I suggest full investigation into this misinformation, and propaganda they deserve to be tried under.fake news edit, and all media house involved should be banned for ever.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by DexterousOne(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
See them

BMC agents

2 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
A Nigga Once Said: I've come to notice that any news debunking the lekki shooting, allways come from some certain moniker. And they are well known APC supporters. Hmmm..

5 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by julshairport: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
Take your apology to yourself.

1. If there is protest for 12days and you didnt remove your cameras to avoids damage why do you remove when the government gave 24hours curfew? Curfew didn't affect the security personal at your facility since essential services is needed.

2. How can life ammunition be open on group of people(protesters) with about 18 people sustaining injuries without recording even 1 case of death.?

3. Everyone know Lagos is home of traffic, giving curfew order at 12pm for the law to take effect at 4pm is impossible for all protesters to go home. They decided to sleep over since its 24hours, why are you so concern about them leaving by force since they are not constituting arms to the public?

There Is no debate here because we can't hide forever. If they think we are dullard we are not. I know there will be a lot of ways to cover up the damages but truely there was casualties.

Why there was power reinstallation after this devilish act? The Generator should have been down for the whole night since there is curfew.

Regardless of if there Is death or injuries. Who order shooting at armless protesters?

7 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by klawaaa: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
How much were you paid to do this job?
Babzrockman:
Sanwo is a responsible leader.. the guy man is trying politics apart

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by JoeEeL(m): 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
alfredilly:
READ THIS AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHEN WE TALK ABOUT CONSPIRACY. CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER LAGOS.

The attack on Tinubus properties in Lagos has divided the struggle and has given it to another arms of the enemy which is the PDP opportunist. It is a valid claim that the attack has taken an ethnic dimension culminating from the long standing sentiment fueled by Igbo tribal rhetoric on Yoruba.
If the uneducated aren't aware of this, at least the educated see on line everyday, on twitters, on Nairaland and comment sections of Facebook news.

While the protest was initially focused on creating a lasting change in our system, it is also expedient that we are not ignorant of the prevailing moods and how it developed.

I have my proof. For the past years, I have had my ear to the ground by following, reading and interpreting comment and feedback on social media especially Twitter.
We must realize that Twitter was, at first, the mobilizing front for the protest. It still remain the most influential site in advancing the course of the struggle. The #endsars is a Twitter trend and the mobilizing celebrities take their base from the app. So when I see developing stories and the accompanying opinion, how it easily metamorphosed into the intended sentiment of some people in contradiction of the objective realities, I realize the power wielded by ethnically conscious people in exploiting social media for their own agenda.

There has been weeks and months of culmination of ulterior motives. Anyone who observe and follow events will see a consistent pattern. Almost everyday, Yoruba, Igbo or Tinubu trends on Twitter and once I see that, I need not struggle to comprehend the orientation of the opinion. Whenever Igbo is trending, the prevailing opinions are always the rhetorics that Igbos are hardworking, Igbos are the most marginalized, Igbo holds their head despite attempt to suppress them: Igbo are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria and Igbo are the most intelligent. Once Yoruba trend, opinion varies but there are also the insult on Yoruba that they arr slave to northern Fulani. Nairaland is where this opinion thrive the most and most of you know..
And Whenever Tinubu trend, it is about his dynasty, the bullion van, his role in enthroning Fulani man, sometimes, comparison with Awolowo. I also see this as an attempt to denigrate the Awolowo.. Even some few months ago, Awolowo trended on twitter and once I saw it, I quickly pounce on it knowing a tribal war was already raging. My intuition didn't disappoint me as some were already mobilizing opinion calling Awolowo a perpetrator of genocide. He was accused of masterminding all the ill treatment metted on Igbo during the civil war. This led to heated debate and name calling between Igbo and Yoruba. History were dug up to correct the false claim and lies foisted on the sage. It even took the verified account of some prominent Yoruba name to give the founding father a bit of soft landing. I guess the Igbo on twitter left on that day to fight another time.

Before Lekki killing two days ago, my intuition already told me an anti Tinubu protest was in the offing. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. For days, I have seen tweets accusing Tinubu of being the sole source Nigerian problem. He was accused of being responsible for the enthronement of Fulani man in Buhari. Most of this post tried to absolve Jonathan. The hasty comparison of Buhari administration to justify the later is a common rhetorics amidst south Easterners while the Yoruba mostly maintain a liberal posture that both men are part of the age-long succession of bad Nigerian leaders. But in recent days the tactics of glorifying GEJ as a way of condemning Buhari had held sway unchallenged by Yoruba because of the current mood against bad governance. Tinubu wasn't spared the attack too. Not that I absolve Tinubu, and I never defend him but seeing the desperation to nail him alone when the demanding was to effect systemic change made me sceptical of some people genuine intention.

Three days ago, the news of a former TVC employer, who was sacked at the behest of Bourdillon after walking away from a live show made the headline. The South easterner lady who is now an actress stormed the Instagram to claim she was sacked from TVC by order from Bourdillon after walking out of a live show in response to the Oba of Lagos declaration in 2015 that Igbo will be drawn in Lagoon. The allegations later drew the response of her fellow show anchor Morayo Afolabi Brown who claimed the order didn't come from Bourdillon.

The narrowing down of this to anti-Tinubu is a deviation fueled by brewing ethnic sentiment and it is aimed at serving the Igbo people age-long interest of ending the reign of APC government in Lagos ans replacing it with a PDP. Isn't it surprising that the Lekki massacre could not put the demand for Buhari resignation on front burner? I checked Twitter trend yesterday and #BuhariMustResign died down completely while #TinubuIsAKiller maintained the top spot. I care less about Tinubu but I doubt the readiness to push for Buhari resignation. There is also the tribal view the removing Buhari will aid Osinbajo to power.

Idiotic thinking. Why did he run away if his conscience his clear?

Secondly, do you know how many posts that were posted on this same NL to spite the Ibos? The months of July to September were particularly too bad for them, especially Anambra.

NL kept searching for the worst of the worst of the worst to spite them. Today, its Anambra men resist brideprice law reform; tomorrow it'l be Anambra woman bathes in-law with hot water. It got to a point everyone was saying Anambra had overtaken Ogun in bad news on NL.

You think everyone is stupid shey? And make no mistake, Im Yoruba o. Complete Yoruba, both parents but you people's propaganda, I will whitewash it for you 100%. angry

3 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
Why are people spreading harmful fake news to create fear and tension? This is not right at all. I know that we all need to make money but please let's consider the effects of these fake news on people and properties. I am very sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by starlynlove(m): 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:

Liars incorporated.

Almost 3 days and no one has opened a thread to say this is my brother or sister I lost.

https://twitter.com/davvydmoore/status/1319330058499198979?s=20
OGA WATCH THIS AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by starlynlove(m): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

NL duty.. Both cancellation and spreading of fake news..

Na this same guy first posted story about Eniola being shot with Photoshop pictures attached.

They were bursted... The Photoshop was just too early to release..

Oga this video was Photoshoped too?
https://twitter.com/davvydmoore/status/1319330058499198979?s=20

God pass them
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by unscripted(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2020

4 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Bashir75: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

Olodo.Tell Tinubu he has failed woefully

Time will tell. We are never with you IBOS. We will never be

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Tinax(f): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
Simply put they have started threatening ppl..... cry....,weather na Cctv or what ever.....plus light off join... all na government plots

4 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Annie001: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
blamingthedevil:
Truth will always come out. We are still waiting for names , families of the people that died in Lekki
All of you are just stupid, if they did not remove the cctv, while we are saying people we're killed, they should bring out evidence of what happened too, we have videos and eye witness said they carted away the dead bodies, sanwo olu should bring out the cctv footage that night
Bastards

3 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by ekerintee: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
Exactly the truth ,I knew it was a Well coordinated attack ,hidding and blaming the fulanis.very soon the real truth will come out .they claim to be friends but enemies in disguise

alfredilly:
READ THIS AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHEN WE TALK ABOUT CONSPIRACY. CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER LAGOS.

The attack on Tinubus properties in Lagos has divided the struggle and has given it to another arms of the enemy which is the PDP opportunist. It is a valid claim that the attack has taken an ethnic dimension culminating from the long standing sentiment fueled by Igbo tribal rhetoric on Yoruba.
If the uneducated aren't aware of this, at least the educated see on line everyday, on twitters, on Nairaland and comment sections of Facebook news.

While the protest was initially focused on creating a lasting change in our system, it is also expedient that we are not ignorant of the prevailing moods and how it developed.

I have my proof. For the past years, I have had my ear to the ground by following, reading and interpreting comment and feedback on social media especially Twitter.
We must realize that Twitter was, at first, the mobilizing front for the protest. It still remain the most influential site in advancing the course of the struggle. The #endsars is a Twitter trend and the mobilizing celebrities take their base from the app. So when I see developing stories and the accompanying opinion, how it easily metamorphosed into the intended sentiment of some people in contradiction of the objective realities, I realize the power wielded by ethnically conscious people in exploiting social media for their own agenda.

There has been weeks and months of culmination of ulterior motives. Anyone who observe and follow events will see a consistent pattern. Almost everyday, Yoruba, Igbo or Tinubu trends on Twitter and once I see that, I need not struggle to comprehend the orientation of the opinion. Whenever Igbo is trending, the prevailing opinions are always the rhetorics that Igbos are hardworking, Igbos are the most marginalized, Igbo holds their head despite attempt to suppress them: Igbo are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria and Igbo are the most intelligent. Once Yoruba trend, opinion varies but there are also the insult on Yoruba that they arr slave to northern Fulani. Nairaland is where this opinion thrive the most and most of you know..
And Whenever Tinubu trend, it is about his dynasty, the bullion van, his role in enthroning Fulani man, sometimes, comparison with Awolowo. I also see this as an attempt to denigrate the Awolowo.. Even some few months ago, Awolowo trended on twitter and once I saw it, I quickly pounce on it knowing a tribal war was already raging. My intuition didn't disappoint me as some were already mobilizing opinion calling Awolowo a perpetrator of genocide. He was accused of masterminding all the ill treatment metted on Igbo during the civil war. This led to heated debate and name calling between Igbo and Yoruba. History were dug up to correct the false claim and lies foisted on the sage. It even took the verified account of some prominent Yoruba name to give the founding father a bit of soft landing. I guess the Igbo on twitter left on that day to fight another time.

Before Lekki killing two days ago, my intuition already told me an anti Tinubu protest was in the offing. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. For days, I have seen tweets accusing Tinubu of being the sole source Nigerian problem. He was accused of being responsible for the enthronement of Fulani man in Buhari. Most of this post tried to absolve Jonathan. The hasty comparison of Buhari administration to justify the later is a common rhetorics amidst south Easterners while the Yoruba mostly maintain a liberal posture that both men are part of the age-long succession of bad Nigerian leaders. But in recent days the tactics of glorifying GEJ as a way of condemning Buhari had held sway unchallenged by Yoruba because of the current mood against bad governance. Tinubu wasn't spared the attack too. Not that I absolve Tinubu, and I never defend him but seeing the desperation to nail him alone when the demanding was to effect systemic change made me sceptical of some people genuine intention.

Three days ago, the news of a former TVC employer, who was sacked at the behest of Bourdillon after walking away from a live show made the headline. The South easterner lady who is now an actress stormed the Instagram to claim she was sacked from TVC by order from Bourdillon after walking out of a live show in response to the Oba of Lagos declaration in 2015 that Igbo will be drawn in Lagoon. The allegations later drew the response of her fellow show anchor Morayo Afolabi Brown who claimed the order didn't come from Bourdillon.

The narrowing down of this to anti-Tinubu is a deviation fueled by brewing ethnic sentiment and it is aimed at serving the Igbo people age-long interest of ending the reign of APC government in Lagos ans replacing it with a PDP. Isn't it surprising that the Lekki massacre could not put the demand for Buhari resignation on front burner? I checked Twitter trend yesterday and #BuhariMustResign died down completely while #TinubuIsAKiller maintained the top spot. I care less about Tinubu but I doubt the readiness to push for Buhari resignation. There is also the tribal view the removing Buhari will aid Osinbajo to power.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by alfredilly: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
[quote author=OZOnNengiTheory post=95247930][/quote] This Igbo propagandist are good at their games. They are trained in gobbelian lies.

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by CAPSLOCKED: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:

Liars incorporated.

EVERYBODY IN NIGERIA OWNS A NAIRALAND ACCOUNT.
THERE'S AN ERROR WITH THE SYSTEM THAT MAKES USER COUNT DISPLAY JUST 2 MILLION REGISTERED USERS INSTEAD OF 200 MILLION.

2 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by stevenosa(m): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:

Liars incorporated.

The fact that someone has not showed up does not mean that there was no casualties. The people the governor visited at various hospital who are they? Ogun kill all those who are still denying that some people lost their lives at Lekki.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by humilitypays(m): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
Op, your title is misleading, seems you are one of the paid agents of Buhari media crew who are bent on erasing their worst mistake of murdering peaceful protesters in cold blood

EiE didn't deny that the massacre didn't happen, what they are apologizing for is their publication accusing Sanwo-Olu of ordering the removal of the CCTV Cameras to cover up the Nigerian Army massacre of 20th October, 2020 at Lekki toll plaza!

Please let people be informed, it will be unjust to those that died in that unfortunate massacre for everybody to deny that innocent, unarmed Nigerians were murdered in cold blood by gun-wielding Nigerian army ordered from probably Abuja as a way to scare away other #ENDSARS protesters which backfired and now everybody is scared of being arrested by the ICC and spending their remaining days at ICC Prison in Hague.

Buhari, Buratai, etc should not be scared about ICC Prison, it is not like Kirikiri prison, it is well equipped with all those modern amenities they steal Nigeria's money to put in their luxury homes, so its going to be another home away from home for them at ICC Prison in Hague cool

4 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by obyrich(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
Babzrockman:
Sanwo is a responsible leader.. the guy man is trying politics apart
I like the guy
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by honor4me: 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
Brilliant analysis. Kudos to you. It’s clear that ethnic orientation kills the game.
That audio from Kanu even nailed the struggles. The only thing that can be said to be positive from the fact that the police will definitely be reformed. As for Tinubu matter the man is now more posed to become the President more than ever before. I think his enemies overdo things and I see it favoring his eventual emergence as a more stronger political force!
alfredilly:

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Emmasnoop(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
NIGERIANS TOO MUMU MOSTLY THIS BUHARI SUPPORTERS MAKE UNA DIVIDE THE COUNTRY MAKE UNA GO STAY WITH BUBU UNA SAY NO,THIS 1 NA FOUNDATION WHEN HE DONE SET WELL AGAIN UNA GO CARRY UNA MANA AND PAPA RUN.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Babzrockman: 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
klawaaa:
How much were you paid to do this job?

Lol
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by abc115: 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
alfredilly:

There was no massacre any where. It was all fake news

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Cantonese: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:

Liars incorporated.

Very irresponsible and unguarded comment.
Why have you chosen the Igbos for your nonsense remark? Are we talking about just one section of the nation losing their people or the entire nation lamenting losses well orchestrated by your brother Yoruba man, Yemi Adamolekun?

How many Yorubas own electronics shops in Lagos? If not for your myopia you'll find that those who have suffered the greatest economic loss are the Igbos. Maybe you did not see the thugs carting away fridges, a/cs, standing gas cookers, laptops, etc from shops across Lagos. Maybe you do not know that a lot of these business people took out loans to stock their shops. For those who do not hold insurance, will you get out finances to them?

While you are waiting there in your room for people to open threads, why not get enough airtime to make calls and find out what's going on? You cannot hear of the uncountable people who have lost their lives because of your shortsightedness and inability to ask questions.

Yemi Adamolekun is an Igbo name...right? Maybe you did not read how he apologized for sending the wrong information that led to the destruction.

To slap you dey hungry me. Your head like walnut.

2 Likes

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by alfredilly: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jdbrasco2:
Sanwo-olu may not be perfect but I'm not blaming him for the shooting at Lekki. He may not be in the know about that shooting. The only challenge he has is been seen as Tinubu stooge. I hope to see him as his own man.

Isn't Sanwo Olu Tinubus stooges. You are employing another style to sustain your anti-Tinubu campaign. The Mastermind of Lekki toll gate shooting is yet to be unravelled but anger has been vented on Tinubu after several unfounded claim

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by abc115: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
subcbouy:
you see the game plan now displaying everywhere. Nigeria isn't worth dying for.

May all who are behind the massacre have no peace and their kids, even yet unborn partake in their suffering.
Give us the names of people killed. There was never a massacre any where in Lekki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Orlu: ESN And Soldiers In Gun Battle In Imo Forest / Dino Melaye With TY Danjuma In 2004 (Throwback Photo) / Chibok Girls ‘Sighted’ At Sambisa Forest, Six Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.