Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC (66167 Views)

Nigeria Sars Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC / Edo 2020: Photo Circulating Online Shows Oshiomhole Voted For PDP (see PHOTOS) / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Bgetto: 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
athaboi:
They have started paying media houses to redeem their image... shameless people! We know all this Lai Mohammed
Enemy of the nation remove with your vote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by 21cents: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

GOD THIS COUNTRY IS DEADLY

WHAT WE ALL SAW WITH OUR OWN EYE IS NOW LIES

JESUS
You saw nothing but fake news.

Were people really shot dead at lekki toll gate?

If yes, where are the corpses and how come in more than 48 hours, no one has come out to claim his/her relative or even friend was indeed killed at lekki toll gate. ?

no one i mean, no one has come up with claims of their loved ones being killed at lekki toll but you want us to believe what you saw on one fake IG live?

we all have brains to analyze the facts and not judge things from an emotional point of view. we don't have to cook up lies to make authorities look bad. this alone has battered the Endsars image.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
chuksoyo21:
There is no difference between the demonic politicians of Nigeria and British government.
they will always speak out to protect their business centre... foolish people..
Go and tell that to your protest instigators Burna boy, Wiz kid, davido & Tina savage they are presently in the colonial masters yard cooling off, whilst you are under the heat in Eastern Nigeria complaining, now tell me who is the Mumudey?
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Abokinaram: 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
This was a setup for the North to rubbish the person they consider as the most threatening 2023 southern presidential candidate and he really fall victim. But we will shock them. This was a Master plan. After Oshiomole they enter Tinubu. All south youth stop killing urselves unite to fight these monsters that want to enslave us.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
Bgetto:

Enemy of the nation remove with your vote
Organize & remove via the ballot, that is the evolution of the mind, the real revolution, not these senseless so called revolution, if they want fire, the Federal Government has more to than enough for them.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by herich(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
Zombie speaking,,,speaking
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
Abokinaram:
This was a setup for the North to rubbish the person they consider as the most threatening 2023 southern presidential candidate and he really fall victim. But we will shock them. This was a Master plan. After Oshiomole they enter Tinubu. All south youth stop killing urselves unite to fight these monsters that want to enslave us.
I rest my case with you, only a political novice, a Dunce is not aware that a Southern Muslim Which Bola Ahmed Tinubu falls under cannot be President of Nigeria, so Where does a miscreant imagine such a misconstrued misconception of Tinubu wanting to run for President? Any reasonable sane mind knows the Presidency is going to Osinbajo representing ACN in the APC coalition.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by emperor863(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
athaboi:
They have started paying media houses to redeem their image... shameless people! We know all this Lai Mohammed

Your mind is so much perversed that you can not accommodate the truth. You prefer to hold fast to lies and misconception in so far as such lies are aligned to your evil desires.

In case you don't know, this is a mental problem o. So the government has bought over BBC (of all organizations) to cover up for them. No wonder you were ready to believe a demented soul who claimed that Buhari is dead and that one Sudanese is the one in Aso Rock. Sorry is your name. Honestly, without grandstanding, I pity you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by engrchykae(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
blacknp:
You owe your whole existence to the British, without the British you are nobody, they told you who you are, and documented it, they are the ones that called you ibo, not like your useless fore fathers that were dancing around naked in the Bush near aro chukwu by the Nigger River, dummies & almost 400 years after still dummies. Go and re read your history the British single handedly in 1904 stopped Othman Dan Fodio from taking over what we now know as Nigeria today.
shut up,we knowe we are.
I know our identity is under attack so I won't say it here.
We had a properly devolved political structure where power is shared by our version of senators (nzes)and house of Representatives (ozos)and the religious class the eze mmuo.
There is no standing army so that no one will use the army to oppress others.
We had the chief of defence (ochi agha)who recruits whenever there is threat and because every man is a land owner,every one is a stake holder.
So in event of war, everyone fights because everyone has something to lose.
From unubi to ihiala to the link called uli.
Then from mgbidi to diobu knows who they are and their purpose.
I will not bother explaining it to you since you are an enemy.
Armadu bello knew who we are because the queen told him in 1951.
You and your ilk are too small.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by chuksoyo21(m): 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
blacknp:
Go and tell that to your protest instigators Burna boy, Wiz kid, davido & Tina savage they are presently in the colonial masters yard cooling off, whilst you are under the heat in Eastern Nigeria complaining, now tell me who is the Mumudey?
my guy, u no get sense at all. so u believed that there was no killing at the Lekki toll gate. ur brain needs total resetting.
Why are some Nigerian youths this stupid?
You prefer the suffering and hardship these politicians have subjected us to over the years because you want to sound politically correct?

#EndSars
#EndPoliceBrutality
#EndBadGovernanceInNigeria
#WeMove
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by EMMY76: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
So the BBC can only investigate the false reports but can't investigate and identify hundreds of genuine reports of southern youths that have been killed and brutalized by sars over the years?
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by suremanpatriot: 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2020
so majority of evil conscience ppl used fake news ,fake streams of tweets and evil social media hypes to cause avoidable tension,jst because ya wan pursue sai baba?You ppl are evil.This is man's inhumanity to man. angry
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by 21cents: 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
SpartanKing:
Don't be naïve! You believe it was staged, because you didn't lose a family member there! Nonsense!

did you lose any family member there?

did you know someone that knows someone that knows someone that died in the fake "Lekki massacre"? I presume your answer is no!

my verdict: we were fed with fake news by some elements.

ponder on these: some group of mischievous persons anticipated the military incursion at the lekki toll earlier that day due to fake reports of CCTV being removed before incursion by any security outfit.

immediately the soldiers came, they fired shots into the air, few minutes after that new flew all around SM with fake pictures attributed to the fake massacre.

Sanwo olu said 2 died maybe due to stampede and some hospitalized.

3 days now no one has come out to claim their loved one was indeed killed at the Lekki Shootings.

so I ask: where are the corpses of the lekki massacre? none?

then it's fake news. y'all made us believe falsehood and were already sympathetic to the alleged deaths and calling on international community only for the truth to come out 2 days later.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
chuksoyo21:

my guy, u no get sense at all. so u believed that there was no killing at the Lekki toll gate. ur brain needs total resetting.
You prefer the suffering and hardship these politicians have subjected us to over the years because you want to sound politically correct?

#EndSars
#EndPoliceBrutality
#WeMove
You want to correct the evil your father, and his brothers did in the past destroying Nigeria, by destroying what is left of Nigeria, what role has your family played in making Nigeria a better place for you?
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2020
chuksoyo21:

#EndSars
#EndPoliceBrutality
#WeMove
Where did you hear me say there were no killings? I said they did not kill enough of the looters trying to raid the Lekki toll plaza.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by engrchykae(m): 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
blacknp:
The British know the Fulanis are illiterates but they made them your masters from time memorial?, and you the intelligent one is complaining that you are been oppressed by the illiterate man, & it is Your colonial jail master’s fault, even after 60 years of independence? Very intelligent, I am sorry for the future of Nigeria.
it has been the signature of the British to make clowns leaders anywhere they set their feet.
From the Kurds to the Shia in Iran.
Fulanis have no serious ambition in life,they found solace in cows and loath civilizations of men,troubled and tormented by their scrawny looks,they preferred to stay away in the bushes with their cows,so such a castaway is a good tool for the British to use.
Since you were born,have you heard of a fulani poet, scientist,painter, writer both inside and outside of Nigeria?
Useless race of cows
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
EMMY76:
So the BBC can only investigate the false reports but can't investigate and identify hundreds of genuine reports of southern youths that have been killed and brutalized by sars over the years?
is that BBC business? They have enough police brutality in the UK to handle.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
engrchykae:
it has been the signature of the British to make clowns leaders anywhere they set their feet.
Fulanis have no serious ambition in life,they found solace in cows and loath civilizations of men,troubled and tormented by their scrawny looks,they preferred to stay away in the bushes with their cows,so such a castaway is a good tool for the British to use.
Since you were born,have you heard of a fulani poet, scientist,painter, writer both inside and outside of Nigeria?
Useless race of cows
It is not usual for slaves to curse their masters, even the scripture warns do not take heed to everything you hear from the poor, for the destruction of the poor is in their poverty. When you tell the white man, that Hausa Fulanis are illiterates but they are your masters from time immemorial, how do you think he will look at you? Shameless black sheep.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
blacknp:
Only a mad Nigerian has problems with Hausa, Yorubas, & the British, actually only a senseless kid that knows nothing about history will say such stupid statements. What is the ibo name for you? If you don’t know Mumu the colonialist are the one that coined your status for you, Mumu.
A history teacher that still refer to igbos as ibo
Is not only mad,but out of touch
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
engrchykae:
Useless race of cows
Please what is your leader & mentor Nnamdi Kanu doing in British Obodo Oyibo that you hate so much?
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

A history teacher that still refer to igbos as ibo
Is not only mad,but out of touch
Mumu Go and tell the people that wrote & gave you your name in the encyclopedia that they did not spell it well, that it is actually Quoe Iboe, named after Nigeria’s Bonny sweet crude. Zombie.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
blacknp:
Mumu Go and tell the people that wrote & gave you your name in the encyclopedia that they did not spell it well, that it is actually Quoe Iboe, named after Nigeria’s Bonny sweet crude. Zombie.
Wow so quoe iboe
Which in another language is akwa ibom
Wow
I thought igbos have nothing to do with niger delta
Hmmm
Please educate me
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by blacknp(m): 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

Wow so quoe iboe
Which in another language is akwa ibom
Wow
I thought igbos have nothing to do with niger delta
Hmmm
Please educate me
Whoever told you Biafra is ibo? They were the inland slaves sold by the riverine people real Biafrans, Ijaw, Efiks, ibibios, during the Trans Atlantic trade, inland Ojukwu only stole the name to fight a senseless war, bastardizing the name, which compelled the Nigerian Government to change the name of Biafra to the Bight of Bonny.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by nairanaira12: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
360degreess:
God is putting them to shame one by one. They are actually trying to destabilize the country but hiding under #End sars. They are always on social media spreading fake news because of their hatred towards the govt. . These are the "particular people" I was talking about.
Good hearted Nigerians Pls wake up..

If it is true that SARS or soldiers did not kill anyone during the protest, may you be blessed.

But if security forces killed people and you are trying to cover it up, may your life be ruined and may everything that gives you joy become a source of sorrow for you. Amen.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by nairanaira12: 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
21cents:
You saw nothing but fake news.

Were people really shot dead at lekki toll gate?

If yes, where are the corpses and how come in more than 48 hours, no one has come out to claim his/her relative or even friend was indeed killed at lekki toll gate. ?

no one i mean, no one has come up with claims of their loved ones being killed at lekki toll but you want us to believe what you saw on one fake IG live?

we all have brains to analyze the facts and not judge things from an emotional point of view. we don't have to cook up lies to make authorities look bad. this alone has battered the Endsars image.

Eye witness account says the soldiers took the bodies away
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Jorgenvava: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
Thank God DJ Switch has finally made a video about what happened that night. For those who didn't watch it, she mentioned two forces; the Nigerian army and the police force. The Nigerian army came first, and when they left, the police force (SARS) continued. Perhaps, reason why there was an increase in the death toll and why the army also denies it.

Now, you may be wondering why DJ Switch and others took the bodies to the soldiers. Let me tell you what happened.

According to Brigadier General Francis Omata, who was alleged as the person who gave his soldiers, the command to kill unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, he didn't do it.

Francis said he was not the one who gave the order. It was Lt. Col S.O Bello of the 65 Battalion Bonny Camp.

Why his name is being spread about is because when he heard the plot, he rushed to the scene 39 minutes later to pull back his boys.

He had to announce his name to prevent them from shooting him. This was how people got his name and thought he led them. Here is the link below to read this information:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.withinnigeria.com/2020/10/21/brigadier-francis-omata-clears-the-air-on-lekkimassacre-names-officer-who-led-the-operation/amp/

Yes, the Nigerian Army under the command of LT. Col S.O Bello, gave the command to kill unarmed protesters. Who sent Bello?

Now, the reason why DJ Switch trusted the army enough to lay the bodies at their feet was because of Omata. She thought she could trust him, since he came to stop his boys. So for those wondering, I hope you have your answers.

Now, in her statement, she said the SARS police came later. You know they are still disgruntled about their dissolution and took out their anger on the protesters. They've been killing before, it's not a new thing.

The bulk of the killing, the probable 63 dead youths were killed by SARS, the same people this protest is all about.

And...

They are silencing people from speaking the truth.

I found this out when someone made a post of one of the victims and how he was killed. When I got back to check the post, I didn't see it. I asked the lady, she said they told her to take it down.

Who are they?

Now, let's look at a time line of event since the Lekki Massacre:

Sanwo-Olu wrote;

"This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger." This was by 7:43 10/20/20.

Meanwhile the shooting continued until the next morning. Forces beyond our Governors control stopped him from directing the ones under his control to stop the shooting.

We also heard the military was looking for the survivors of the shooting to kill them off.

This was after Sanwo-Olu wrote,

"There are currently 10 patients at the Gen. Hospital, 11 at Reddington, and 4 at Vedic; with mild to moderate levels of injuries while 2 are receiving intensive medical care."

I believe he made this statement as a means of informing the military where the survivors are since making phone calls might leave trails when investigations begin.

Reno Omokri tweeted on 17th,

"I just got privilege information that there is division in the military about how to handle EndSARS protesters, with Burutai pushing for a Shiite scenario, similarly to the Zaria massacre."

This was on 17th October, 2020. The Lekki massacre happened 20th October, 2020 with the military and SARS hiding dead bodies so they can easily twist the story.

Do you know what these guys are doing?

They want to discredit the Lekki story and they are winning!

These people maimed the Nigerian Youths that went out to protest for a better life, they killed them, and threatened their family to keep quiet.

They are monsters!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by 21cents: 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
nairanaira12:

Eye witness account says the soldiers took the bodies away
lol.

In 2020, soldiers took over 50 bodies away in an open place like lekki toll gate with hundreds of people around and no one, no one could take pictures of them moving the alleged corpses?

how come up till now, no one has come to cry blue murder and seek justice for audio 78 victims killed by soldiers?

the dead had no family members or friends who could use social media to complain? think sir, think.

It's still Fake news by mischievous elements.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
grin
CilicMarin:
More 48hours After The So Called LekkiMassacre..

We are yet to see anybody , relation , father or mother come forward to claim his/her was killed at the Lekki Toll...

We were really played...

But, My Prayer is that God Would Punish Every hand that knowingly tweeted and retweeted Falsehood and Fake news that led to the destruction of Yoruba land...

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Lenient001: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
But anyway, no matter how worst it goes, it's still our governments handwork or every politician generally.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by labi1977(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
It's so sad so much misinformation and chaos

but

this link shows the best collection of videos of the shot victims

Several people shot, blood everywhere while I can't confirm hundred percent that these people died, most of them are not conscious and barely responding

https://www.notion.so/Lekki-Toll-Gate-Broadcast-c44965157b7b4b99a1c4942fd6f731fe

The governor himself has confirmed at least two dead and it's probably more
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by ProT: 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
BBC, always doing the devil's bidding.

Tueh!
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by infogeneral: 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
A lot of fake news flying around on social media. Pls let's try and verify before we retweet or repost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari / Leaked Tape: Buhari And Amaechi Laughing Out Today / Weird MC Pictured With Peter Obi In Manchester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.