Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda (407 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Files Lawsuit Against Simon Ekpa For Killings In The SE / "We Didn't Vote For Killings" - Tambuwal To Buhari / Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by IamSalt: 12:50am On Oct 24, 2020
Bestselling author, Chimamanda Adichie , has written an address she says the President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd. ) , should have given to Nigerians in a national broadcast over # EndSARS protests in the country .

Adichie stated this in a piece titled , ‘ The Address President Buhari Could Have Given : A speculative piece’ on Friday , saying Buhari should have acknowledged the killing of peaceful protesters by soldiers in Lekki , Lagos , accepted blame for it and ordered an immediate investigation .

She wrote : “ I condole with the families of those who were killed and with all those who were injured . I have ordered an immediate investigation and have directed that a report be presented to me in the next five days .

“ As commander -in- chief of the Armed Forces , the ultimate responsibility is mine . This is not a time for vague words or generic promises. This is a time for action and I am determined to bring the perpetrators of this heinous act to justice . ”
She added that the President should also have directed that all hospital bills of those injured in the attack should be paid by the Federal Government and announced compensation for the families of victims .

The President addressed the nation on Thursday , two days after the Lekki killings and two weeks after youths demanding disbanding of SARS began protests . Buhari had come under heavy public criticism for his silence after the killings and attendant unrest across the country .

Eminent Nigerians and # EndSARS protesters also berated Buhari over his failure to comment on the shooting of protesters by soldiers in Lagos in his broadcast, saying it was devoid of empathy .

The writer added that the President should have also made it clear in his address that abuse of innocent citizens would not be tolerated “ in the name of law and order ” .

She said the President ’ s address should also have stated, “ Let me also acknowledge that mistakes were made in the security provided during the protests . Thugs should never have been allowed to infiltrate the protests . There were failures of policing during the protests .
She concluded by saying Buhari’s address should have noted that he would address Nigerians again in another one week and “ update you on the ongoing plans to restore our country".

https://punchng.com/buhari-should-have-accepted-blame-for-killings-says-chimanmanda/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by modsfucker: 1:04am On Oct 24, 2020
Chima Nonsense with her devilish Igbo agenda..I know they were not happy with the way he spoke.

Had it been he talked remorsefully, they'd have used the speech against him badly to cause more chaos.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by festacman(m): 1:07am On Oct 24, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by inteli: 1:10am On Oct 24, 2020
Chai!!, The lady is very intelligent �
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by RuddyFusion(m): 1:20am On Oct 24, 2020
It is well chi.....he did not even bother to say anything about the destruction unleashed by FG agents on Lagos and what they could do to help Lagos recover...

if they escape man will they escape God's judgement? Nope.....no matter the current misinformation and covering of the truth of the Lekki massacre one day and very very soon the truth willl be lay bare for all to see....
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by WoundedLamb: 1:34am On Oct 24, 2020
modsfucker:
Chima Nonsense with her devilish Igbo agenda..I know they were not happy with the way he spoke.

Had it been he talked remorsefully, they'd have used the speech against him badly to cause more chaos.

Hhmm... what is this? Can't people chip in opinions anymore without the tribal slurs?

Did you read what she typed? I personally think that would have been a smart speech from Buhari cause his enemies wouldn't even know where to hold him from. This line: "...As commander -in- chief of the Armed Forces , the ultimate responsibility is mine..." is the only part that gives the impression of him taking blame and that same line could be used by any leader even when he's got nothing to do the whatever that happened because it's more of accepting the fact that it is his job to protect the people than actually taking blame. The governor of Lagos state had confirmed some deaths before the speech. The president could have expressed condolence. With that kind of politically correct script, he would have left everyone "choicelessly" calm. Anything to calm the situation is welcomed. Nigeria is too large for a democratically elected president to boss around. Some leadership skills are needed.

#MyOpinion

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by Okoroawusa: 1:48am On Oct 24, 2020
Nonsense n Novel
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by SoBright101: 2:00am On Oct 24, 2020
Wisdom would never depart from you

Beware southerners. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty accounts, they would create tribal topics and make tribal comments with another accounts to cause chaos between southerners, they dominates this platform. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

Also Be aware that tactics and plans has been deployed to cover up the massacre since all their efforts to break southern unity were not fruitful. They have created a lot of Facebook and Twitter accounts with Yoruba or Igbo names for this purpose, one of them is to post pictures or video of people who debunked being killed, those pictures were scripted and earlier been circulated for this purpose. They would discredit real occurrence and give it another title and narratives. Beware of the propaganda
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by Unik3030: 2:04am On Oct 24, 2020
festacman:
I am encouraging families who lost people from Lekki Tollgate shooting to come out and make formal complaints. I am also encouraging some of the #EndSars protest organizers to help them in speaking out by addressing press conference with clear evidence that the dead family member were actually at Lekki Tollgate on the 20.10.20 night.

Meanwhile, I can stop being curious which witchdoctor prepared 'Odeshi' for DJ Switch that she moved freely and even went back and forth several times, bringing corpses and laying them at the feet of the commander while soldiers shot directly at scampering protesters.
don't mind that DJ
They were killing people n u had time to b picking bullet without been shot?
d same soldiers that were killing people allowed u to pack d corpses for them n then let u go despite knowing u will tell d world what u see?
they packed d corpses,did d clean d blood too or them no bleed?
that girl story no add up at all
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by Rhapsodia: 2:28am On Oct 24, 2020
Okay cheesy

Chimama, don't waste your ink and paper again. The President is deaf grin
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by SalamRushdie: 2:35am On Oct 24, 2020
Accepted blame for killing who ? Let's put names to those shot there please
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by ezinne50165: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2020
Chai!!, The lady is very intelligent �
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2020
He will start will taking blame for his bad governance.
The division of Nigeria among religious and tribal lines.
Daredevil nepotism.

It is when he has graduated from those, he can start blaming himself for the deaths he has directly and indirectly caused for the Nigeria citizens, starting from Agatu. Especially deaths with the instrumentation of the Fulani herdsmen
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by Mcuzy(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2020
Zombies dey come for you Adichie.
Very soon Adesina go release counter speech wey nor dey halfway intelligent.
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by MagicBishop: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2020
Seun it's about time you addressed us and tell us why you still retain these APC Mods.

A particular MOD has been moderating this forum for 6yrs now and running . That MOD does not and can not hide his bias and has proven by his actions and inactions that he is here to only enforce the APC govt narrative and to censor any other opposing view while promoting shamelessly lies and propaganda like what the paid APC Buharist shill of an OP is peddling here.

I have been a regular activs poster here since 2009 and have been lurking far longer, prior to this particular MOD, majority of previous moderators have never spent more than 6mths in their position. They either tire out or get something better doing

Why are you still maintaining this particular moderator since 2013/2014 despite the avalanche of complains surrounding him?

This forum may be owned by you, but it is us the posters that provide the content which drives it.

Nairaland is thus not a publisher but a platform and since we the posters have complained to you relentlessly about this particular MOD you have refused to act on our complaints .

Your actions have proven that you are no different than those in authority who disregard the people . In this case , you are meant to please us and not dictate nor ignore us.

In the revolutiinary spirit , I hereby demand that you sack and permaban this highly biased , partisan and ignoble moderator.

#EndMynd44

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:49am On Oct 24, 2020
festacman:
I am encouraging families who lost people from Lekki Tollgate shooting to come out and make formal complaints. I am also encouraging some of the #EndSars protest organizers to help them in speaking out by addressing press conference with clear evidence that the dead family member were actually at Lekki Tollgate on the 20.10.20 night.

Meanwhile, I can stop being curious which witchdoctor prepared 'Odeshi' for DJ Switch that she moved freely and even went back and forth several times, bringing corpses and laying them at the feet of the commander while soldiers shot directly at scampering protesters.

At times we intentionally act as if we are bereft of intelligence, it's understandable and happens when we have an agenda to push.

As of today, more than 5 persons have come out to say that they are missing their relatives. All of them were last seen at Lekki toll gate before the shooting. It's bereft of intelligence when people come here to ask for evidence, as if they have an official capacity to act on the evidences.

On her picking the bullet casing, the last any right thinking person checked, the shooting didn't last for eternity. It started, it stopped. Within the window of its stopping, a lot of actions could be taken. You don't need odeshi to pick bullet casing. I know you don't know it's no more lethal then .

Now you know. Thanks.
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by Tonylyte(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2020
The self-acclaimed anti-corruption Czar, whose govt is invariably the most corrupt in the world will never admit. U saw the dumbo hurling insults at the int'l bodies for interfering in "Nigerian Issues". The man is an unrepentant evil fellow.
Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by overall90: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2020
how i wish prominent igbos would stop commenting on this their endsars wharever

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Have Accepted Blame For Killings, Says Chimanmanda by EagleNest(m): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2020
Sadly, I think it is high time Igbos stay away from this issue. Because tomorrow it is what you said (without being sentimental) that the wicked ones will twist to keep Nigeria still on its knees. For 60 years we are still groping in darkness and wicked ones are having a field day. We need light and we need it urgently.

(1) (Reply)

If You Were God, Which Of These Two Sinners Will You Forgive First? / Fake News And The #endsars Protests – Fuel Or Water? / 11year Old Boy Arrested For Allegedly Attacking A Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.