Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,403 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady (41575 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Pauladex(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2020
PowerGlory:
I was in the said burial a d witnessed everything that happened.
1. The man died mysteriously in the house with wound on his head and the wife and children never told the man's brothers after 24hours but hurried him to the mortuary.
2. The man was a retiree of CBN a d pays the wife N100k and children N50k each every month but they starved him of food. It's his brothers that feeds him.
3. This same daughter asked his out of their house when he came to ask them why they beat up their father.
4. The said girl is in Law School and still behaves stupidly.
5. The man built a house but the wife a d children insisted that he'll be buried behind the house which his immediate brothers and kinsmen object that he be buried in front of his house.
6. Despite the money given to the woman she cooks with firewood upstairs.
7. The woman and children were asking the man's Will to be read while the corpse was still in the mortuary.
8. Anyone that cares should come to Oguta, Imo State to verify for himself or herself.

Vilage people still follow this girl here, if it was suspected that they killed him while not involving police. Why fighting over burial why there was major issue unattended to?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by zachanalysis: 8:46am On Oct 24, 2020
EagleNest:

Always trying to demonise Igbos and pontificate your own tribe and culture is very unfair. Forming opinion on hearsay is bad. How many of you have crossed the Niger Bridge to Igbo hinterland even just to pass thru. Igbos this, Igbo that everyday without resting is annoying.
Yes, you don't like Igbos but you still won't let them go. Stop all these lame stereotypes. Every culture has its good and bad sides. You work on yours and I work on mine, but don't tell me you holy pass.
Mr man. Let me quickly point out that I'm one of the most detribalised Nigerian around. I grow up in an Igbo dominated community. I have been to, and lived in a number of Eastern states. My immediate elder sister is married to an Igbo man. The point is that my submission is not influenced by personal prejudice against the Igbos. It is based on facts observed over time. Most of my friends are Igbos and I dare say I have genuine reason to question their fidelity when money matter arises between us. The same person you had a throaty laughter with the previous day will suddenly become a monster when issues of money arises. That is not to say that only the Igbos are guilty of this. But one particular tribe where this is widespread is among the Igbos. Rather than argue with me, I'll advise you to begin a sensitization of your people, starting with yourself and your family. Cause as a long as this persist, the unity which the Igbos need to achieve their dream of a Biafran nation or even rule this country will continue to remain in the pipe.

1 Like

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by RightToReject(m): 8:46am On Oct 24, 2020
PowerGlory:
1. The man died mysteriously in the house with wound on his head and the wife and children never told the man's brothers after 24hours but hurried him to the mortuary.
2. The man was a retiree of CBN a d pays the wife N100k and children N50k each every month but they starved him of food. It's his brothers that feeds him.
3. This same daughter asked his out of their house when he came to ask them why they beat up their father.
5. The man built a house but the wife a d children insisted that he'll be buried behind the house which his immediate brothers and kinsmen object that he be buried in front of his house.
7. The woman and children were asking the man's Will to be read while the corpse was still in the mortuary.
8. Anyone that cares should come to Oguta, Imo State to verify for himself or herself.

Thank you for this. Wherever you see an Igbo woman who complains about the Igbo culture, study her, and you'll see that either she and her entire family personify evil or she's a crass and opportunistic woman.

It's a known fact that once you resist a crass and opportunistic woman - or man - from carrying out her nefarious acts or meting out her perfidy against you, she'll automatically project herself on you and term you an oppressive and wicked person. On the other hand, non-Igbos who criticize the Igbo culture are naive, disingenuous, or outright enemies who take pleasure in casting aspersions on anything Igbo.

Separate a few evil individuals - there are evil individuals in every tribe and clime - and crass and opportunistic women who're married in Igbo families regardless of their parental tribe or the unmarried Igbo ones, you'll see that there's nothing wrong with the Igbo culture.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by crackhaus: 8:47am On Oct 24, 2020
PowerGlory:
To be honest, most of these claims you typed here seem like what drunkards will gather to gossip about.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by delpee(f): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2020
Heavensent01:
any Yoruba or non Igbo ladies that marry Igbo man, married future disaster even their ladies are now running away from all those uncivilized monkeey, na to abuse other tribe them sabi whereas their inhumane and godforsaken region need both spiritual and psychological cleansing

Igbo are kind of tribe that are full of themselves, they believe they're better than you because of their ritual money whereas they're empty in all areas

Igbo as a tribe is a cursed to humanity, as it is today my woman were forced to child labour outside of her region when her late parents died, just because they're all ladies, all their father's land shared by their dad brothers and family and the kids were abandoned

the woman that brought her to Lagos for child labour eventually do her a favour though because she fell in the hand of good Yoruba parents who adopted her and sponsored her from primary school to tertiary

going to pay her bride price in East, these fools that abandoned them still come outside to collect bride price. Igbo people are shameless

Even if your story is absolutely true, you shouldn't generalize. Igbos can't all be same. Other tribes are mixed bags too.
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by sisisioge: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2020
You would have opted to bury him on Lagos jeje. All those men building houses or getting properties in their villages better be careful. Your home is where you raise your families! Stop being sentimental!

1 Like

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by wman(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2020
olarent:
Can someone please enlighten me on how to create a topic on this forum,i have alot of thins to talk about.

Go to the Nairaland home page. Then click on the section where you want to create the topic.

Politics/Literature etc.

You'll see a "create a topic" button.
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Heavensent01(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2020
ipobarecriminals:
sadWhy not CURSE the money b4 u gave dem? Anyway,dem go don finished the money on ogogoro, snuff and diabolical lifestyle

them collected the money and all those things I bought na my face dem dey drink am. I was just ashamed of them during that ceremony

I was sad my woman had to went through such abnormal culture, she herself had sworn before we met that she will never marry an Igbo man

are siblings started respecting Yoruba when they realized they nurtured her till she achieved this far, Yoruba respect girl child rights but girl child rights is a taboo to those bamboon but they abuse North of the same fate. bunch of hypocrites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by PowerGlory: 8:58am On Oct 24, 2020
Pauladex:

Vilage people still follow this girl here, if it was suspected that they killed him while not involving police. Why fighting over burial why there was major issue unattended to?

Stop making stupid insinuations, go to Oguta, Imo State and get your facts right. The house is not hidden and the uncles are more than rich to drag a piece of land which a house is built on.

Why would a 67year old man, a father and the first son of the family be buried behind his own house?

Ask the girl to tell you the full story and why they always fight their father.

1 Like

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Tinyemeka(m): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2020
ojaysam25:
What is virgin land,is there a land only virgins can build on.

The kinsmen have a plan of eventually selling the late man's land.
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by rafosky1: 9:02am On Oct 24, 2020
Hmmm. Obviously, her emotions did not let her explain the situation in a way people will understand better.

What exactly does she mean by 'virgin' land? If its a land that belongs to the kindred and has not been shared, you cannot bury anyone there except the kindred gives permission to do so.

From one of the photos, a grave is being dug in a compound which we assume should be the deceased compound. Why would you wish to bury him somewhere else than his compound?

Clearly, what we have here is a dispute between the deceased and his kindred over land matters which we have no knowledge of the details. To now use this to pour vituperations on Igbo culture and traditions is uncalled for.

Cultures and traditions cannot be changed overnight. It takes time and you cant just ask for it to change because it does not suit you only.

Just my opinion. kiss
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by PowerGlory: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2020
crackhaus:

To be honest, most of these claims you typed here seem like what drunkards will gather to gossip about.

Go to Oguta Police Station and the Rev. Father of MaryMagdalene Catholic Church Oguta where the matters were treated before the burial for more confirmation and clarity.

1 Like

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Heavensent01(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2020
humilitypays:
market what

A public poll was conducted on Wazobia fm radio some years back asking Nigerian ladies which Nigerian tribe's men they would love to marry and why

90% of the ladies that called and gave their names all said Igbo. I mean Hausa, Yoruba, I jaw, Urhobo, etc women phoned in and said Igbo men, and their reason is that Igbo men take very good care of their wife and children and don't joke with the welfare of their wife or kids.

They said why they wouldn't want to marry Yoruba men is because of their open promiscuity and marrying multiple wives openly and secretly which their main wife usually find out when he dies.

They said Yoruba men prefer to take care of themselves first before thinking of caring for their wife and kids.

Many Yoruba ladies married to Igbo men phoned in and said they bless the day they met their Igbo husband.

Don't take an opinion of a wayward girl, an efulefu who thinks bad mouthing her own tribe will make other tribes love and cherish her. Just look at it, is the girl not foolish

Yes some communities and families in Igbo land have some horrible practice or culture that is no longer healthy for 2020 lifestyle, it's not common in all Igbo communities and families.

My only advice to ladies is, before you agree to marry any man from any tribe, look at his family members, his siblings especially, their personality matters a lot.

I have a Yoruba lady friend whose father was a rich man, but unfortunately they were only girls; 2 girls, so when their father died, her father's siblings told their mom to take only their fathers house in abuja and forget the ones in Ibadan, Lagos, Abeokuta and in their hometown. That how can she take everything their brother acquired when she doesn't have a male child for their brother. Are they also Igbos

This thing is a common greed among Africans and mostly dependent on families and communities not a whole tribe.

Me personally, one thing I would like Igbos to change in their culture is the tradition that makes it that a woman cannot inherit her father's landed properties, but this is applicable to village lands because they believe she is supposed to be married and don't need to own any land in her father's place after she is married. But I would love this to change and my family have already made up our minds to change such nonsense tradition anyway.

until that weird tradition is change, Yoruba men that you claimed open to promiscuous is more reasonable than them

beside you want to force me your believe your self delusion but you're defending obvious fact if Igbo, how sensible?

all Nigeria men are polygamous in nature, my woman father married 3 wives and I've seen many Igbo with many wives even those with many wives still flirt with corper during my days in Anambra, so you've no point
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by CallMeAthena(f): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2020
PowerGlory:

Go to Oguta Police Station and the Rev. Father of MaryMagdalene Catholic Church Oguta where the matters were treated before the burial for more confirmation and clarity.
Imo state?Well am not a bit suprised.
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Sagefromtheeast: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Bro, your dad was a lucky man...your maternal grandfather must had made everything easy for him...if he had wanted to play his cards according to the imo tradition, your dad wouldn't have only run but also disappeared..
Truth is it's like that everywhere.
The onus lies on the custodians of such traditions to know how to streamline it with current realities.
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Ayubaossy(m): 9:11am On Oct 24, 2020
shocked
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by crackhaus: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2020
PowerGlory:

Hmmm, I hear ya...
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by EagleNest(m): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2020
zachanalysis:
Mr man. Let me quickly point out that I'm one of the most detribalised Nigerian around. I grow up in an Igbo dominated community. I have been to, and lived in a number of Eastern states. My immediate elder sister is married to an Igbo man. The point is that my submission is not influenced by personal prejudice against the Igbos. It is based on facts observed over time. Most of my friends are Igbos and I dare say I have genuine reason to question their fidelity when money matter arises between us. The same person you had a throaty laughter with the previous day will suddenly become a monster when issues of money arises. That is not to say that only the Igbos are guilty of this. But one particular tribe where this is widespread is among the Igbos. Rather than argue with me, I'll advise you to begin a sensitization of your people, starting with yourself and your family. Cause as a long as this persist, the unity which the Igbos need to achieve their dream of a Biafran nation or even rule this country will continue to remain in the pipe.

Am sorry that the Igbos you came in contact were like the one you painted but that still is not enough to regard all Igbos as such. It is wrong assumption. And I have seen same types you painted in other tribes as well, but I won't generalise as I know people vary from family to family, clan to clan, etc. It is not today I started hearing that stereotype about Igbos loving money, and other tribes hating money. And I keep on wondering how my experience with omoniles over a piece of property that was sold to several clients would qualify me calling all westerners greedy and unreliable. No I won't generalise. There will always be bad people regardless of tribe.

If you want to know the group that love money in Nigeria, go and check the political elites, governors, ministers, legislators, the civil servants, the police, the immigration, the customs, the NURTW, etc. They would kill to collect these money and rob our common wealth. And the last I checked, it was not Igbos only that work in those government setups. A classical case of calling a dog a bad name to hang it, you remember?

A common sense will tell you that a trader or businessman is naturally a capitalist, would that mean all Americans are greedy because US is headquarters of capitalism? Naah. There will always be bad ones.

Self pontificating, self righteousness, hipocrisy is what is killing Nigeria today. This group of people in your eyes is bad because they refuse to tow the lines of others, doesn't mean you're right. They've wanted to leave, you fought to keep them but you won't let them be. Please, live and let live.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Johnmax95(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2020
I think there is more about your Dad, that you don't have knowledge of.

I will design a business website for 10k only.
This covers; hosting, domain name & emails.
Call/WhatsApp: 0802860,9484.
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by sylve11: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2020
Tatashi:
The igbo culture is one that needs to be amended. They are always quick to call out the northeners and say they are not exposed and always hide their women but the igbo woman has little or no rights in her father's house.How can your daughters not have a right to your properties but you give them to your sons who go ahead to handover "the inherited properties to his wife" (another man's daughter) while your own blood daughter does not inherit a pin. Isnt that madness? And at the end of it all these sons do not come back to wash your back in old age but your daughters.

don't mind the. Them dey annoy me so much............. angry cool
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by ekwerendi(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2020
Angrykidd:
This seems like an olosho customized advert otherwise why the first picture with the supposed dead man positioned on her nunu?
Anyways,if that's the girl in that picture then I don't mind marrying into her mad family.
Anywhere kpekus leads,I follow,humbly..

you are very irresponsible....
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by heniford2: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2020
culture is culture every human has is own culture just as the white have there own so is the black people in igbo culture a woman is not allowed to bury his father QED, if you don't like it go and bring up ur own culture every human comes from somewhere just because u saw another people own then you will want to abandon or change ur own is never done and igbo culture can never change is culture because of u or few people like u "never" have sense
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by chianos: 9:39am On Oct 24, 2020
PowerGlory:

After reading this, some people still continue to spew ethnic and tribal trash which seem to be flowing in their vein. Pls stop and get some sense.
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by mikkyjay(m): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2020
PowerGlory:

Don't respond to people like that, they are bunch of tribalists and igbo haters, only respond to people that are reasonable
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Elxandre(m): 9:57am On Oct 24, 2020
bennynaza:
I hate it when people who don't understand how stuff works complain if it doesn't go their way.
Possibly, her uncle's were greedy and tried to twist the custom for their selfish interest.
Possibly she was being hotheaded and "feminist" and refused to listen so that things could be properly explained to her.
Possibly, both parties (her uncles and herself) messed it all up.
But that doesn't give her the right to vilify the entire tribe.
The Igbo tradition much like almost evry other tribe in Africa does not accord preeminence or headship to women (even the Bible and Qouran doesn't), neither does it thrash women. In fact, some parts Igboland, the importance of motherhood is so expressed, that bride price of a lady is paid to her maternal home and not her father's!
Her uncles may have messed up due to their own greed or whatever motive, but that shouldn't make her generalize.
People shouldn't just blurt out their opinions on what they don't understand because some one or something hurt them and try to pass of such opinions as facts. That is very unintelligent!

THE IGBO CULTURE DOES NOT OPPRESS WOMEN
Can women inherit wealth from their fathers?
Yes or no?
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Meteng: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2020
R0kstarr8:
this is serious.. Nigerians with their superstitious acts, what's there to bury a dead person, the way some people take life seriously as if they are immortal themselves they had forgotten they will die some day don't worry my sister karma will certainly get hold of them.. May he be buried in peace
check my signature for your design
Drop your contact
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 24, 2020
Meteng:
Drop your contact
check my profile for my contact sir
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by UPMIKE: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2020
And what are the reasons the kinsmen gave your family why your late dad cannot be buried in a virgin land?
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Fearlez: 10:25am On Oct 24, 2020
There's one Igbo bastard OSU (forgotten hid name) that always defend Igbo demonic culture.

* Igbo women can't inherit their father's land by tradition

* Have no say in their father's burial traditionally.

* The burial belongs to the umunna (larger family)

* Women are often cashcows to be exploited by their immediate family

* Once you're an in-law to Igbo, you're expected to be part of that family in every major financial expenditure. You never get a thank you because culturally as an in-law nothing you do is too much .
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Ishilove: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2020
crackhaus:

To be honest, most of these claims you typed here seem like what will gather to gossip about.
Don't mind them. They think everyone will just swallow everything we read hook, line and sinker. The girl said the brothers abandoned the corpse in the sitting room so they had to move it themselves to the mortuary. Do they expect this girl and her mum to leave a corpse lying around while the so-called brothers take their sweet time to 'make arrangements'?

This is just one hole I have seen in his claims.
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Sweetcho: 10:33am On Oct 24, 2020
humilitypays:
I said it.

I don't need to be told that the girl is a very foolish slay queen trying to trend with bad mouthing Igbos, knowing that Yorubas and others will rush to cheer her since she is condemning Igbos, very useless girl!!

Me I am Igbo, full blood, 3 of my siblings are married to Yoruba ladies, one to white woman, and all these ladies are so happy they came into our great Igbo family cool

So none of them married igbo women?
Re: 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady by Burgerlomo: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2020
olarent:
Can someone please enlighten me on how to create a topic on this forum,i have alot of thins to talk about.

Click on any Section you want to post the thread e.g. Romance, Politics etc., scroll down a little bit and under the advertisement you will see pages numbers and (Create New Topic).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / My Wife Refused To Block The Guy She Cheated With / What I Did To My Mother-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.