Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,364 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:12 PM

#endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew (846 Views)

Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Curfew As Residents Loot Govt Warehouses / Insecurity: Obaseki Declares Curfew In Edo, As Army Begins Operation / Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by ERockson: 6:35am On Oct 24, 2020
Fellow Kwarans:

I have just had an emergency security meeting with commanders of various security agencies in the state. This is to assess the situation in the state. Over the last few days, I had earlier met with the traditional rulers, opinion leaders, members of the student community, and many other stakeholders in the state.

Our observation is that what has happened so far today was not a protest. It cannot be defended under any guise.

It was a pure act of criminality. Some persons are hiding under the nationwide tension to commit crimes.

The government has a duty to protect law abiding citizens and their properties.

Lives are being threatened. Businesses are being looted. Public properties have been targeted. This is unacceptable. It is not who we are. 

To curb these acts of criminalities, I hereby declare a 24-hour curfew in Ilorin metropolis from midnight today October 23rd, 2020. This is in line with Sections 1, 2 and 4 of the Public Order Act Chapter 382 Laws of Federation of Nigeria 2004.

People are urged to stay indoors in compliance with this curfew. This will be reviewed as we watch developments.

While the curfew is on, security forces have been placed on the alert to maintain strict compliance. I urge citizens to comply by this declaration which is meant to protect lives and properties. 

Finally, we apologise to our people and businesses that have been badly hurt. I urge them to be calm while we stop the criminality now.

Thank you.
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by ERockson: 6:38am On Oct 24, 2020
Ilorin was almost in total mess yesterday with killings and looting
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by ybalogs(m): 6:49am On Oct 24, 2020
Is this how youths plan to take the mantle from the so called bad leaders? This is so sad.

1 Like

Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by ybalogs(m): 6:50am On Oct 24, 2020
ERockson:
Ilorin was almost in total mess yesterday with killings and ooting
Not almost but total. Roadsides shops and genuine investments looted with no recourse. It is so sad.
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by ybalogs(m): 6:51am On Oct 24, 2020
Seems these security operatives are sending some senseless warnings. How come they weren't anywhere when all these were going on. I hate to say this but Nigeria is indeed cursed.
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by ybalogs(m): 6:54am On Oct 24, 2020
As it stands, I don't see the youths taking the mantle of leadership as it may even be worse than what we are experiencing at the moment. How can a peacefully coordinated protest suddenly turn to calumny? This is so so sad.
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by ybalogs(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2020
How is looting part of the protest? Leaving politicians to make the hustling civilians suffer their incompetence. Will all that's looted safe the situation on ground or worsen it? I'm totally disappointed.
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2020
ERockson:

Fellow Kwarans:

I have just had an emergency security meeting with commanders of various security agencies in the state. This is to assess the situation in the state. Over the last few days, I had earlier met with the traditional rulers, opinion leaders, members of the student community, and many other stakeholders in the state.

Our observation is that what has happened so far today was not a protest. It cannot be defended under any guise.

It was a pure act of criminality. Some persons are hiding under the nationwide tension to commit crimes.

Lives are being threatened. Businesses are being looted. Public properties have been targeted. This is unacceptable. It is not who we are. 

To curb these acts of criminalities, I hereby declare a 24-hour curfew in Ilorin metropolis from midnight today October 23rd, 2020. This is in line with Sections 1, 2 and 4 of the Public Order Act Chapter 382 Laws of Federation of Nigeria 2004.

People are urged to stay indoors in compliance with this curfew. This will be reviewed as we watch developments.

While the curfew is on, security forces have been placed on the alert to maintain strict compliance. I urge citizens to comply by this declaration which is meant to protect lives and properties. 

Finally, we apologise to our people and businesses that have been badly hurt. I urge them to be calm while we stop the criminality now.

Thank you. 

Nigerian number one problem is illiteracy and stupidity.
You come here and say you want to lead people when you don't even know the problem of the country you are leading.
People in Nigeria are hungry they are suffering of extreme poverty the citizens of the country have no future.
What is going on all over the country is a case off mass poverty.
Security forces cannot stop hungry people they will only make things worse because when they are attacked they drew their guns are run away and the people take their guns like what is happening in Lagos where a lot of the hooligans have now taken the police weapons and controlling the streets.
You have to address the Citizens directly and tell them right from wrong instead of trying to use force on them

1 Like

Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by Moferere: 7:23am On Oct 24, 2020
After killing people
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by yanabasee(m): 7:39am On Oct 24, 2020
ybalogs:
As it stands, I don't see the youths taking the mantle of leadership as it may even be worse than what we are experiencing at the moment. How can a peacefully coordinated protest suddenly turn to calumny? This is so so sad.

The government/politicians released their thugs to finally disrupt the peaceful protest as seen from the start....

You see why this people won't build us schools?And why they'll pay their BMC to post how school is a scam.... Because,they know that, educated people will seek for a serene state over paltry fees for thuggery....

Their oppression on the poor have really change our youths thinking....

We hope that in the future, we'll come out strong to win this fight that we let go....
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by Tonylyte(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2020
One thing with Nigerians is that, they are slow to anger and difficult to curtail/contain when they are finally at war.
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by Johnnyessence(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2020
ERockson:

Fellow Kwarans:

Thank you. 
Egbe elebi gbogbo. if Abdul rahman government have do the needful to the vulnerable people in the society niii, it won't have escalated to this level.
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by Jorgenvava: 7:47am On Oct 24, 2020
Thank God DJ Switch has finally made a video about what happened that night. For those who didn't watch it, she mentioned two forces; the Nigerian army and the police force. The Nigerian army came first, and when they left, the police force (SARS) continued. Perhaps, reason why there was an increase in the death toll and why the army also denies it.

Now, you may be wondering why DJ Switch and others took the bodies to the soldiers. Let me tell you what happened.

According to Brigadier General Francis Omata, who was alleged as the person who gave his soldiers, the command to kill unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, he didn't do it.

Francis said he was not the one who gave the order. It was Lt. Col S.O Bello of the 65 Battalion Bonny Camp.

Why his name is being spread about is because when he heard the plot, he rushed to the scene 39 minutes later to pull back his boys.

He had to announce his name to prevent them from shooting him. This was how people got his name and thought he led them. Here is the link below to read this information:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.withinnigeria.com/2020/10/21/brigadier-francis-omata-clears-the-air-on-lekkimassacre-names-officer-who-led-the-operation/amp/

Yes, the Nigerian Army under the command of LT. Col S.O Bello, gave the command to kill unarmed protesters. Who sent Bello?

Now, the reason why DJ Switch trusted the army enough to lay the bodies at their feet was because of Omata. She thought she could trust him, since he came to stop his boys. So for those wondering, I hope you have your answers.

Now, in her statement, she said the SARS police came later. You know they are still disgruntled about their dissolution and took out their anger on the protesters. They've been killing before, it's not a new thing.

The bulk of the killing, the probable 63 dead youths were killed by SARS, the same people this protest is all about.

And...

They are silencing people from speaking the truth.

I found this out when someone made a post of one of the victims and how he was killed. When I got back to check the post, I didn't see it. I asked the lady, she said they told her to take it down.

Who are they?

Now, let's look at a time line of event since the Lekki Massacre:

Sanwo-Olu wrote;

"This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger." This was by 7:43 10/20/20.

Meanwhile the shooting continued until the next morning. Forces beyond our Governors control stopped him from directing the ones under his control to stop the shooting.

We also heard the military was looking for the survivors of the shooting to kill them off.

This was after Sanwo-Olu wrote,

"There are currently 10 patients at the Gen. Hospital, 11 at Reddington, and 4 at Vedic; with mild to moderate levels of injuries while 2 are receiving intensive medical care."

I believe he made this statement as a means of informing the military where the survivors are since making phone calls might leave trails when investigations begin.

Reno Omokri tweeted on 17th,

"I just got privilege information that there is division in the military about how to handle EndSARS protesters, with Burutai pushing for a Shiite scenario, similarly to the Zaria massacre."

This was on 17th October, 2020. The Lekki massacre happened 20th October, 2020 with the military and SARS hiding dead bodies so they can easily twist the story.

Do you know what these guys are doing?

They want to discredit the Lekki story and they are winning!

These people maimed the Nigerian Youths that went out to protest for a better life, they killed them, and threatened their family to keep quiet.

They are monsters!
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by Blankstare(m): 7:51am On Oct 24, 2020
I couldn't believe my eyes yesterday, so terrible! innocent people were attacked, phone robbery, indiscriminate breaking of car windscreen on motion. A moving Toyota venza that mistakenly follows the lane of the protesters was set ablaze.
Re: #endsas# After Looting And Destruction Of Properties, Kwara Gov Declares Curfew by aderoju3921: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2020
One thing with Nigerians is that, they are slow to anger and difficult to curtail/contain when they are finally at war.

(1) (Reply)

Joe Biden Will Show More Respect To Nigeria Unlike Trump - Osunbor / Sowore Leads #ENDSARS Protesters As They Head To Magistrate In Wuse, Abuja-VIDEO / Why Is The Steel Industry Failing In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.